Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth was looking for something to do- if he was serious about becoming a Carthian, he'd have to put his foot out the door right? So, he'd left pamphlets around the private bits of Elysium, posted on a message board.

Join a discussion on politics and recent events, a civil discourse for the open-minded! Cathians especially wanted! BYOV

His home wasn't the best, but it would suit a small group. He didn't know who might be interested in such a thing, if anyone at all- but at the very least it was a chance to socialize outside of the "no-fun-club."

A few books on government, a recycled cork board that could hold any number of future modifications, some cheap journals to write down ideas... Some simple stuff.

Thomas Boyle

Lina Moretti

Arturo Garcia

Derek Menzies
    Twist
    Anything else?

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Political discussion. Carthians. The Barrens.

It was not hard at all to find something, anything, more enjoyable than what this event was promising. But in the end, Twist found herself wandering the darkening streets, a destination set in her mind.

She was dressed simple and dark. Her hair plaited back away from her face. The sound of her booted footfalls the only announcement to her arrival.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth opened the door and smiled. He actually hadn't expected her to answer- but he'd had fun with their discussions at court. Hopefully they could continue their fun games.

"Twist! Come in, come in."

The home was rather bare, at a glance- but there were several homey touches that could make it clear that the thief was financially sound. Some non-perishables were in a basket on the counter, and in the fridge. Real oranges lay in a bowl on a kitchen island, some peeled slightly so as to spread the citric aroma. Little pleasures to remind him of things lost past.

"Court's been lovely lately hasn't it? You'd think being below an actual club would make people more amicable to something more pleasant than harsh whispers and the occasional outburst. Maybe we should hire a clown. Or perhaps a court jester?"
    Anything else?

A
    Adam Exlibrist

A meeting in the Barrens. It was something to do in a regency of nothing. The fact that Seth had even secured a home among the industrial waste and miles of farmland.

Adam arrived with pamphlet in hand, just in case his presence was questioned or denied. His nights had become lonely and the pendulum from introvert to extrovert had swung. Dressed in his best suit he awaited a welcome.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A flicker of surprise at the greeting crossed Twist's face, but it was covered easily with a pleasant smile for the man as he welcomed her. Stepping in, she chuckled lightly, "It has certainly not been quiet. As far as your suggestion ... I imagine there are already those who say Court is too full of such."

Hearing the approach of another, Twist turned to see Adam's arrival. His Beast, like hers, hidden. A relief that meant for at least the time being that she only had to contend with Seth's.

Stepping aside, she made room to allow for the men to exchange greetings.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"Adam! There's probably a joke to make here. Come in, come in!" The small home had apparently belonged to a recluse- ownership had shifted back and forth between company workers and people that just wanted a retreat. Now it belonged to someone all too happy to rent it to Seth, and not have to worry about kids sneaking in for parties.

Twist was as sharp as ever."And I imagine those people are content with silent tensions building. But seeing how last court went, I think we could at least do with a bit more entertainment- and for that entertainment to not end with another banishment."A chuckle at that- he might have some company soon.

"Regardless, I figured we could have some discussion on the matter. I'm not about to start smashing the system or anything, but there's got to be SOMETHING to lighten the mood? Party streamers? Catering Service? Maybe challenge our Prince's authority publicly? Though, that'd be toeing the line between laughter and slaughter I imagine." Another macabre chuckle as the Fangless sat at the worn table.

"And if you have any issues with the system, we could talk about those too. Not much good that can be done at the moment, but hey- better to vent here than in the middle of Elysium no?"
    Anything else?

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam bowed to his host. "Most kind of you." Stepping into the room, Adam scanned the decor. Finding a space clear of obstacles, he stood facing the small gathered Kindred.

"Indeed." It was all Adam would offer in the moment.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Adam moved into the room, Twist looked around for a place to sit. Locating one, she settled into it. "It is rather ... unsettling how popular this area is becoming," she commented, crossing her legs as she got comfortable. "No doubt the more permanent locals also feel that way."

'...Maybe challenge our Prince's authority publicly?...'

A single eyebrow lifted. That was all. But she had heard the words. Even with his tacked on joke at the end, she had heard. His only response was sharp smile that flashed teeth but didn't quite reach her eyes.

Twist glanced briefly to Adam before turning back to Seth. "Do you have an issue with the system Mr. Kind?" Her voice was calm, pleasant even.

9. Likes Hades_Roses, Domino liked this post

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

"No doubt. I've been fortunate, but I can't speak for the rest of my cousin- for me this is just a slight hunger. Gnawing, but I can take it. Must be awful for the rest of them."

She seemed... Wary. Was she taking him too seriously?

"I'm pondering the effectiveness of a system where a great many people end up banished. Seems rather... Counter. Risky, to the first- and a potential death sentence to many at best; or a tethering to the CEO at worst. I'm curious to see how many favors the Prince and hers hold now, thanks to the this."

Another chuckle there. A great many, perhaps, considering it had been the first way out suggested to him.

"Regardless. I've no allies, no status, nowhere near enough pamphlets. I'm not changing anything anytime soon- besides, for a thief this suits me fine, considering I usually work in the more populated districts. My own little hidey hole."

It was nowhere near ideal, but it would do.

"What about you? I have to imagine there's some sunshine and rainbows in the system for you."

The play on words there was terrible, but hopefully it would be understood.
    Anything else?

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

There is another knock knock knock at Seth Kind's door.

The pamphlets in Elysium were a bold choice. It seemed that you could trust Carthians, even fresh ones, to be bold.

But it was the job of an Interpreter to know the motives of others, and to be able to explain them to the rest of the First Estate as needed, so this 'BYOV' event was something that he'd best participate in. He'd look like a idiot if all he could give was a shrug on something like this.

"Good evening, Mr. Kind." Ellis says as he is let in, dressed simply in navy chinos and a white button up. "I hope I'm not tardy."

"Your Grace." He bows his head respectfully to Twist. Though, considering the atmosphere in the room and her smile, he doubted that it was the Duchess who was sitting in that seat right that moment.

"Mr. Exlibrist." Ellis greets the stoic Sanctified with a polite nod.

He doesn't waste words hoping their evenings have been pleasant. They're in the Barrens, for god's sake.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread