Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable is on board now that it is clear she will guard the eye.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Sounds good to me too

C
    Cross

Well then - looks like we're good to go. I'll give you a modified initial post...

It didn't take long to get to Davis from Sacramento that next night, and the locked classroom that Thomas was provided a key for was exactly what he was told it was. Out of the way. Unused at this point of the year. There was nothing spectacularly secure about it at all, save for locked cabinets and obscurity. Whenever they chose to bring the Eye, this place would do, but it wasn't Fort Knox by any stretch.

There were no Kindred interceptors. The scouts find the location and all looks clear. Mable and Elettra join them at UC Davis, down there, in the classroom.

In fact, as the Kindred moved through the city, they saw nothing that indicated vampiric presence in the area. No tags. No graffiti in the slang of the Cacophony. Nothing easily recognizable. To be fair, the town only had an average population of about 70,000, and it was a university town. In May, a lot of folks were going home for the summer.

T
    Thomas Boyle

As any predator knows (and Kindred were predators par excellence) silence is the sound of imminent danger. Lacking any haven worth the name, the four will be forced to bunker down in the classroom, and this is exactly what Thomas will be doing.

First, as he strides through the corridors, the Ventrue makes every effort to memorize what the inside of the building looks like, especially regarding the fastest escape routes and out-of-the-way nooks and crannies useful for hiding.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 08:00:33 Thomas Boyle rolls 7 to Remembering the building's layout (10 Again) 2, 9, 8, 2, 4, 2, 10, 4 3 successes

Second, in the classroom proper, the Malkovian opens every cabinet, looks under every table and leafs through every book. He is looking for anything 'out of the norm', but specifically for things that could be used to spy on them - cameras, microphones, tiny openings in walls...

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 08:05:38 Thomas Boyle rolls 7 to Perception (Wits + Investigation) (10 Again) 3, 4, 1, 3, 6, 7, 4 failure

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 08:06:01 Thomas Boyle rolls 6 to Perception (Wits + Investigation, subs.att) (10 Again) 10, 6, 4, 4, 7, 2, 7 1 success

Third, using whatever books or notes Thomas can find (especially in the local library, if it's available to them), he skims them over to check if there's anything there that would help shed some light on their present situation, particularly if the Eye (or something close to it) ever surfaced in the mortal world.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 08:17:33 Thomas Boyle rolls 7 to See if information can be gathered (Wits + Academics + 2 for access to library, Core p.56) (10 Again) 9, 3, 7, 5, 9, 8, 7 3 successes

The classroom's doors and windows stay locked at all times. In fact, when he is inside, Thomas insists on barricading the door with a chair. The Eye, once it is freely available, is smeared with a serious amount of sandalwood oil - not for ritualistic purposes, but to provide an easy to smell 'mark' if it is ever stolen.

Equipment in Davis: Phone, ledger and pen, personal tape recorder, a deck of cards, a vial of sandalwood oil, all packed in a messenger back. Bowie Knife attached to belt

Thomas activates Heightened Senses (hearing)

Notes on rolls: I realized after the fact I tossed one die too many for the investigation rolls, but it doesn't affect the outcome. Also, the Academics roll is not a research roll, but perception. It's made under the assumption of access to academic material and its goal is to make sure if there's any chance of gleaning useful information (using actual reasearch rolls) from what's on hand

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable searches for a place where she can go into the dirt.
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-20 11:00:04 Mable Wood rolls 4 to looking for dirt (wits and pre) (10 Again) 5, 4, 4, 6 failure

Mable's equipment: Backpack: black dress, Shorts, jeans, 2 tank tops, a bra, sneakers, black boots, toiletries, hairspray, lighter, pen, paper, twine in two colors, can of pink spray paint, granola, water bottle, hunting knife and the eye In truck: Shovels, tarp, saws, and other tree equipment. NOTE: Did wits and pre for search should I have done investigate instead of pre

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Mable, what can I do to help?" Elettra asks unsure of what she should be doing. Besides the obvious of keeping an eye and ear out.

Elettra's equipment: Backpack: 2 jeans, 2 tank tops, bra, sneakers, black boots, a knife in its sheath, and water bottle.

K
    Krieg

Krieg had very little he needed. His powers of Obfuscate did not require vitae. He did have cash on hand, just in case. He'd buy another motorcycle next month...hopefully.

Resources 2

C
    Cross

People arrived, but aside from looking for some dirt (which Mable was able to easily find all over the place outside the building), people weren't doing much.

Except Thomas. Thomas, he was working. He gets the sense of the building (three levels: basement, main and second storey, with an elevator running up the center of the wide building that had one central hallway running all the way down the middle from end to end, meeting at stairwells on both sides). The classrooms had windows, and their classroom's windows had a steel security mesh on the outside. He spends a while leafing through books and looking for spycraft -- finding none. This was well and truly just an unused classroom.

The Eye is smeared. It smells like sandalwood. How nice. The barricading occurs when Thomas is in the classroom.

The group can go to the university library to do research if they wish; indeed, it is the only place that would have resources that could maybe even potentially shed light on this situation (and even then, this is a pretty strange situation for a non-occult library). It is currently closed this late in the evening, though breaking in could be an option if they wanted to do that.

The time right now is midnight.

And all the while, the Eye continues to pulse its warm, glowing red...

Folks, I'd like to remind everyone that this game rewards player agency, planning, leadership and taking action. You need to do things if you want results.

If the objective is for 3 of you to chill while Thomas researches, that's fine -- but I'd encourage you folks to figure out what your objective here at UC Davis is IC and make a plan to carry that out.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Well, if the other three have aimed for bringing out the asshole side of Thomas, they have certianly succeeded. When they are all gathered in the classrom, the Ventrue makes the Drama Queen sigh.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting your vacation? Please do inform me when you feel like actually working"

It is the priviledge and duty of a Lord to rule, especially if an example of standard needs to be set. Standards, that's what the Ventrue have been all about since the first one has fed on mortals before recorded history. He looks at the Gangrel first.

"Mable, how good are you with animals? Think you can enlist some to our cause, make them our sentries and messengers?" Then his gaze shifts to the hulking mass that is the Nosferatu Priscus "Krieg, if you would be so kind to procure us a set of keys. We'll put them right back - I think I saw a late-night key-cutting place on our way here, ideal to make copies - but I...we need access to the library right now"

And then Elettra. Elettra that, in Thomas honest opinion, got out of this adventure way more than she offered. Time to make her jump through some hoops.

"Eevee, I have seen you 'reading' objects. Think you could do the same with the Eye?" Honestly, Thomas feels silly for not proposing this earlier. The chances of success are slim - the group's psychic resonance is all over the cylinder, most likely - but an attempt needs to happen "I'll need you soon when we enter the library. In the meantime, is there anything you can offer this expedition? Are you any good with computers?"

Demands - for Thomas is past asking - barked, he gives the group a once-over again "Three levels to this building. We are at the bottom, there's the main level and the second. Elevator in the center - we'll need to think on how to use it to our strategic advantage. No cameras, no guards - allows us some leeway in proceeding. That window" He points at the hole in the wall "is a vulnerability. We can't escape that way, but we sure as hell can be spied on through it"

What needs to happen as a logical consequence of that fact requires no words. Instead, Thomas moves to one of the cabinets (or something of similar size) and attempts to move it to cover the window.

To move the cabinet with no roll, based on how I read WoD Core p.47, we'd need a combined Strength of 5-6. Thomas' Strength is 1

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.