Ended
Watch

Smoke & Glass & Fun Night Out

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    H
    Hanna Kadlek

When the Seneschal recommends a good hot spot in Sac's nightlife, it would seem rude for Hanna not to check it out. I mean, she was new and all, so getting her face about would be a good thing. Besides, this Haunt wasn't one to mope about just because she was a Haunt. Fuck. That.

Life gave you lemons, then step through the Underworld and fuck the lemons.

Which is why Hanna would always, always, go out of her way to flaunt what she had. The outfit? Animal print maybe out but she loved it and it was her unlife. She may not be blessed with height but the shoes accentuated her legs as she strode through the entrance of the bar and took in the grandeur of the Smoke & Glass. It was sensational! So lavish, so plush. If this was what Sacramento had to offer, Hanna had made the right choice in moving away from LA.

With the blush coursing through her skin, it couldn't hide every blemish she had but it did allow her to give the impression of blending with the kine. They meant nothing, just a meal. She was eager to meet with others of her own kind, and see how much fun they could get into.

Hanna's Outfit

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque enjoyed visiting the Smoke and Glass. Between the mix of worlds and the blend of his past and present, he just simply enjoyed moments where he could just have a drink and not think of anything but a book. Dressed once again to impress, he made his way through the entrance only for his senses to suggest a change of plans for the evening. The beast inside rattled, fixating his attention to the new inhabitant of the domain.

He blinked slowly to wash away the edge before approaching the bar, "Black Russian, please." His eyes lingered to the haunt, "And whatever she's having." With that, Jacque found himself a seat and pulled out his book. With the back of heel, he gently pushed out the seat next to him as a silent indication he'd welcome company if they so chose.

Blood Hunt:

H
    Hanna Kadlek

The subtle movement of the bar stool caught Hanna's eye first and she raised an eyebrow as her gaze carried up the sleeve of the man to make contact with the side of his face. He was certainly handsome and had a certain air to him that she as drawn to. Did she recognise him? Her Beast wasn't stirring but that didn't mean much. True, her own path along Obfuscation was as a mere novice but she had seen what her Sire could do and hiding one's reaction in other Kindred was a power the Haunt was working on perfecting.

Hanna sauntered over, slowly, heels clicking and bare legs exposed. It all added to the effect. Some good, some not. A reaction was a reaction.

Perching herself on the stool, she ordered herself a drink. "Honey Jack Daniels, if you please. Neat." Eyes, surrounded by heavy make-up, turned towards the man and she noted the book. "Interesting read?" she enquired, turning slightly in her seat so as to cross her legs.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(Blush of life + Drinks)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's eyes caught Hanna's approach and he shifted as she perched herself on the stool. Her saunter made him grin, lifting his drink to his lips as he finished up the page he was on.

He chuckles while closing the book, "The synopsis had caught my eye but... truth be told it's rather boring. It's kind of like fortune telling in a book, brushing across a few common sense items while giving an epiphany about something most everyone commonly does and you're supposed to walk away feeling aware and confident."

He pushes the book off to the side so he could turn his attention to the provocative woman, "I'm Alex, by the way. I saw you at the party at the Nox last month but I didn't get the chance to actually meet you. What brings you to Sacramento?"

Forgot to note blush in the first post!

Blood Hunt:

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"I've found confidence is merely understanding yourself first and to Hell what anyone else thinks," Hanna grinned, turning her attention very, very briefly to the bartender who served her, nodding her thanks. "But what do I know, I'm a simple girl looking taking one fun night at a time."

"Hanna," the Haunt replies, holding out her hand towards him. The blue tinge of her fingers was still apparent, despite the blush being present. "A pleasure, Alex."

Picking up her drink, Hanna simply held it for now as she thought about Alex's question. "I'm a Cali girl, born and raised down in Huntington Beach. Moved to LA to be a successful rock star. Didn't quite happen," she chuckled. "Decided that I needed to get away for a fresh start. Where else to go but Cali's capital?"

Finally, a sip, savouring the sweet burn, lining her body with precious vitae so as to not automatically vomit.

"How about you, how long have you been a resident of Sacramento?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shared in the grin. It was something he knew well but something had to be done with the Kindred who refused to let themselves be ignored. He just hadn't worked out what yet. Lifting his drink he replied, "Sounds like you have the right idea." He gently tapped his glass against Hanna's as it was placed in front of her.

His eyes moved to the offered hand, taking note of the cyanosis before he reached with his own hand. "The pleasure is all mine, Hanna" he stated as he slid his fingers under her's, letting his thumb apply the pressure for the handshake.

After hearing her story he quipped, "Didn't quite happen? Would that make you just successful or just a rock star?" He winked playfully.

"Eight months or so," he paused to rethink the information, "Yeah, it was sometime before the new year celebrations." He reaches to scratch the back of his head, "Time flies in the blink of an eye. I was in Palo Alto before that but for nothing as exciting as fame and fortune. I was a lawyer, then paused the practice to pursue expanding my knowledge. Now I've found myself in a spot where I'm picking both up again."

Straightening his posture a bit, "How about you, Hanna? Do you have any lingering hobbies that occupy your nights?"

Blood Hunt:

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"How to put it?" Hanna thought for a moment, leaning on the bar with her elbow, hand holding the whiskey lightly. "I wasn't as successful as I wanted. I don't think LA was the scene for my genre. Still, I'd rather have tried and failed than not ever had a go, know what I mean?" A sigh escaped her lips, not hidden. "Although, It would've been brilliant if it worked out."

Her mood changed for a second before the Haunt was again back to the here and now. "A lawyer? Damn, that already makes you far more intelligent than me," she laughed, loudly. "At least I know who to go to if I'm ever in a bind!"

A sip of whiskey, kept down by sheer will.

"Obviously, I love to sing," Hanna replied, as if it was in flashing neon lights, the most obvious thing in the world. "Going out to gigs has to be up there. Standing at the front, near the stage, losing yourself to the music and simply letting go for those three minutes. It can't be beat."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course," Jacque mused before continuing, "A life devoid of risk would be rather dull don't you say? I can't think of anything more mundane. You put yourself out there, you did what you love." A lift of his shoulders with a chuckle, "Fuck LA."

He grinned at the compliment as he produced a business card, "Sure, but don't get too unruly." He winked to add a little charm to his dry joke. "I also enjoy trivia just to stay sharp on world events. It helps keep up with the passing of time."

He nodded and couldn't help but smile to himself, "So what is your genre, Hanna?" He was quite curious how show life had progressed into the Haunt life, though she seemed to be defying the stereotype.

Blood Hunt:

H
    Hanna Kadlek

"Amen to that," Hanna replied, laughing once again enthusiastically just prior to taking a sip of her drink. As Alex offered his business card, the Haunt accepted it without hesitation, blue-tinged digits with bright red painted nails plucking it from his hand. "Thanks! I'll keep it in mind."

"Metal," she replied before expanding further. "Actually, anything particularly that covers heavy rock but its the screaming vocals that comes from the metal genre that appeals to me, something about the duality between melody and unbridled, raw emotion I've always found appealing. Like anything, its about balance to get right. Too much emotion can tear the throat apart, making the melody sound broken and discordant. It just doesn't work. Corey Taylor does it well, as does a Brit called Becca Macintyre. Absolutely awesome to listen to!"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's eyes lingered towards the wall in front of him as he listened to the response. He was listening and attentive but his eyes were focused on something... distant.

He produced a thin smile at the explanation, "Not really a genre I delved very deeply in, but perhaps I'll give your recommendations a go." He swirls the drink in his glass, "So you're looking for a fresh start here. Another attempt at the same goal or did you have something else in mind for Sacramento?"

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.