Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel had always held an interest in the Occult, long before his birthright was revealed. In high School he'd started the Occult Club, as a way to postulate the existence of the supernatural, extraterrestrial, and the like; now, he wanted to bring back the practice. While he was AWARE of other supernaturals, he didn't exactly know specifics- his teacher had been more than happy saying that there were other things out there, and leave it at that.

Nathaniel wasn't content with such a simple answer. He had theories- but a fresh set of eyes always helped.

There was a community center, the kind that allowed for private rooms so long as you signed in and made it easy to post notices. It'd been simple enough to spread the word..

Join the Occult Club! Explore Supernatural Theory and postulate on the existence of Others!

It wasn't the kind of thing people usually attended, so he wasn't expecting much.... But it was a large city. Bound to be some people that enjoyed the prospect. A small cork board, a few empty journals, some pencils, the usual stuff.

Woland

JonReeves

Xadun

Occult 3 in all splats allows for knowledge of other supernaturals. While that isn't a requirement at all, it could certainly serve as a motivation to spark interest in the topic. Aliens, Demons, and Ghosts would be safe non-splat thing to explore

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I've pushed this thread to the Shards folder. Given the way cross-over works on the site, this would be the logical place for this concept. Remember - NO REVEALS.

4. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Either an eccentric or this is a trap set up by Winter. Langdon isn't to sure which one is more likely but he had more money on it being a trap. So the Moros walks into the community center in his every-day casual, which is largely a somewhat lazy business-casual. Dress slacks, rolled up sleeves on a button down, and his omnipresent messenger bag.

Navigating to the private room the man knocks on the door frame before entering.

"This is for the ah occult club right?" It's asked with a knowing smile.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods, somewhat surprised to see someone come- surprised, but by no means disappointed.

"yep! So you wish to hypothesize more about the occult? I've been stuck postulating on Demonic entities. Or ghosts? I'd say 'aliens' but then I'd sound crazy."

The young man didn't seem hesitant in the slightest, laughing as he set a perfectly normal notebook, not even unwrapped, on the table aside.
    "I have so many theories, and I'd love a second opinion! I'm wondering if demonic entities might exist in another plane of existence- like a Mirror Dimension of sorts?"

In fact, he seemed incredible genuine.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze enters wearing a brown, padded leather jacket and black solid shirt , black trousers and athletic shoes. He's got a brown satchel on his shoulder.

Smiling, he gives no indication of recognizing anyone. "Hi. I'm Case. Interested in the occult. Mostly how you know it's not just imagining things, and how to help people who have bad experiences with it. Like, alternative medicine." he explains. "Is this a good place to learn about that?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another newcomer! Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. He brought up a strange notion, one Nathaniel hadn't actually considered prior.

"Like... Occult therapy? Hm... You know, that doesn't sound too bad. Not just dealing with strange things- using the occult as a means to help heal people? I can't imagine it would be effective on everyone, but the idea is certainly one to explore!" Using supernatural theory as a treatment rather than a mode of exploration and extrapolation had never been a focus of the young pup's. But it was certainly interesting.

"We could extrapolate on whether or not reinforcing the existence of the occult and supernatural, demons or aliens or ghosts or whatever, might help individuals- especially in victims of certain traumas. I'm no medical expert, but I have some training on the matter. Perhaps hope and the search of something other could serve to act similarly to faith in religious beliefs?"

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"I ah well, those are all fairly different things and I'm not sure aliens qualify as occult things?" The bookish man is clearly taken back by the younger man's nature. Then Kaze enters with a fake name and no recognition of Langdon. And things get even weirder.

"That sounds like a branch of psychology that people wouldn't talk about. Though it could be helpful for confronting fears. Something like the Upside Down you mentioned." Pop culture, yep..somehow. "Honestly at that point it may be hard to differentiate the therapy from religious belief. Or any belief really."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and nods, "Exactly what I mean." he says. He shrugs. "Honestly, I am interested in other people's thoughts and experiences. I've just been studying alternative medicine lately, along with western medicine, and there do seem to be a lot of...gaps in modern medicine for helping certain kinds of...trauma." he says.

"You know, whether someone believes their trauma is from alien abduction or demon possession or whatever...there's a lot that psycho-therapy and drugs don't seem to help with very much."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nodded. That was worthwhile in many respects. "If you assume that the trauma was due to an actual event of Others and not some mental infliction? If the normal means don't work, I can certainly see that as a way to do things."

How many people had been scarred for life seeing a werewolf change in front of them? How many people experienced the trauma of being spirit-ridden, and could never forget the feeling?... Yes, Occult Therapy was a worthy endeavor.

"How do you think one would go about it, then? Do you try to learn more about their experience with Others and indulge? Do you attempt to have them get over the experience? Find ways to treat them based on what they spout? If someone speaks of demons, would you treat them with a renewal in a Faith system of sorts?... Hmmm..." One thing was certain. Where Others were involved, normal means wouldn't be enough.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

To say that Langdon hadn't considered what use Mind could have for trauma is an understatement. There could be many uses for the right sort of Awakened. Interesting. Sadly though, none here.

"I would think that you would have to focus it down to each person. If we're talking some deep rooted instability or problem then you'd need to find some thread to reach down to it. Renewal of faith may work though that could also become a counter-swing a fear of demons." Unless the demons actually speak back. "Though with the right support network I assume progress could be made."

"Alternatively asking them to confront whatever it is may work. Assuming that whatever is something they could actually pretend to confront."

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread