Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt calls and arranges to meet Church at night in McKinley Park. It's closed, and hopping a fence is involved, but it's private at 1 am.

"Hey. So. Are you mad at me?" Matt says by way of greeting when Church shows. Matt is in a loose, black jogging suit.

P
    Patrick Church

The fence got hopped a second time and Church can't help but feel a pang of nostalgia as his feet touched the ground. Nights spent in similar places at this time of night, all those years ago. Laughing, stolen booze.
    Friends.
    Is that what Matt is? What any of them really are?
    Patrick hadn't been able to make deep tracks in the Sacramento territories one way or another but the fact that the young brawler reached out was a sign he decided to interpret favorably. He sniffed the air, and followed what he found until he emerged from the shadowy treeline of the park, catching sight of Matt's tall silhouette. Patrick was predictably dressed in dark denim and a darker jacket. Apparently he hadn't gotten a makeover while he was under the radar.

With a laugh he replied "...Hello to you too, Matt." He paused, feeling the inside of his pockets and pulled out a hand-rolled joint.

He wasn't taken off-guard like he might have been, had he not already seen the Rahu "in action." It would have been weirder if he weren't so direct.

"Nah, man. That's all water under the bridge. Frustrated, maybe. But since you invited me out to clear the air, that's hopefully something we can hash out."

He lit the joint and inhaled, adding "No pun intended," and offered it to Matt, looking at the sky.

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

"Okay cool." Matt takes the joint, puffs it, after a minute, he hands it back. "Thanks, but it doesn't do anything for me anymore, and I don't like doing shit that doesn't do anything."

Matt looks pensive and then says, "I didn't see you for a while. I thought maybe you took off. Like Felix. That old guy was coming down hard on me, but we worked it out. I wanted to tell him...I wanted to check out his Tribe. But he's gone. Are you back for good?"

P
    Patrick Church

Patrick nodded. Felix.
    Damn, he'd hoped that maybe...Ah, it happens. People come and go in a city like this, wolf and man alike.

"Hey, it takes the edge off. And I guess I like the smell. Reminds me of a time when I could still relax. Besides, its late, we're in a park. Seemed like the thing to bring. Anyway - I'm still trying to find my place I guess. But yeah, Matt. I'm staying. I just needed to reconnect a few personal dots before I was swallowed up by life out here. Most of my past is back East, you know? Even with our ability to trade one shape for another, change is hard. For me, anyway. Speaking of tribes, that's why I never fit in with the Masters.
    Change is their whole thing. I'm surprised you haven't joined up with them though, given your day job. What about Felix's clan grabbed you, if you don't mind my asking?"

While they spoke, Patrick looked for a bench or a suitable rock for them to sit on. He was glad the two of them had a chance to talk, and he didn't think it was going to be a brief conversation.

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt stands, shifting his weight. "Good." he grins. "I am glad you're sticking around. I like to do my own tech. I don't want any spirits doing it for me. Sure, I like to learn, but I spent the whole run down from Seattle pretty much as a wolf. It was good. Pure. I got a little bit of it from Felix. I want into the Hunters in Darkness. I don't mind using tech, living in the city, but I don't need it. Running on four legs, hunting the hosts...I couldn't live without that."

P
    Patrick Church

Church puffed at Matt's response, and mulled it over. Honestly, Matt could probably make a fucking amazing Hunter. He's smart, and whether he knew it or not, from where Patrick was standing, he'd just described a point of view informed by balancing his two halves - Something he remembered Matt had struggled with just about a month or two ago. That's progress.
    He was impressed; It had taken him much longer.

"I hear you. I don't often pick fights, but the hunt itself...Well, that's what we're made for at the end of of the day. Did you ever get a chance to talk to him about the Tribe itself? I'm almost positive there have to be some of them nearby, if you were serious...Actually. You're right, I haven't been around. Before we get into tribal bullshit, how are you guys? The pack, I mean? Everybody still walking?"

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt nods, "There's supposed to be some down in L A, that we could go see." he says.

"Oh, yeah. There's two new people now, Nathaniel and Brigit. They seem okay." Matt says. "I told you the Pure showed up. Said they wanted to know what happened here. Then said they'd be back. There was only three of them, this time." he says.

P
    Patrick Church

Unconsciously, Patrick rubbed the scars on his throat left there from an involuntary baptism-nee-abortion, evidence of an argument, long lost.
    The Pure. Suddenly, the dream he'd had that led him to California shot behind his eyes. He exhaled smoke, longing for any other substance he could use to pacify his mind. The Pure. Inevitable, the antibodies born to kill healthy cells.

"What did the others have to say about that? Does Hector have a plan?"

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt nods, "Basically, get the Hisil in shape, make Spirit allies, build the Pack." he says, simply. "Good to have you back, Church."

P
    Patrick Church

It was undecided in Church's mind if his presence were "good" for the Wolves of Sacramento, but he was glad to be there regardless. They'd need bodies in seats for the coming show. Speaking of -

"Thanks for reaching out, Matt. We're gonna need each other if they make a grab for the city. Which is kind of topical, about why there was friction between us last time. But before we get into all that, what else can you tell me about the other new faces? You trust them?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last