Ended
Watch

Useless Baubles, Fancy Trinkets

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Shodan

The Folsom Boulevard Flea Market. A magical place where not only can you buy absolute trash and absolute treasures for a laughably low price, but also one where it's hard to distinguish between the two! Conveniently located near downtown and with its own parking space, allowing for easy access.

It was early afternoon, and already a successful hunt for Shodan, carrying a large bag that was empty on the way here, but certainly full on the way back - filled with cartridges, vinyls, an assortment of herbs and spices and one Atari 2600 in perfect condition. It was true that money can't buy happiness, but it certainly helps to get items that'll bring you some happiness down t6he road. Hopefully.

Taking a break from the scavenging mission, the Libertine sat in one of the Market's courtyards, munching on churros and enjoying the sun. He has a good view of the bustling commerce here, and who knows - maybe he'll meet someone interesting?

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

What does one do when new to a city? Why you went out and explored the city! So she threw on some old jeans and a black t shirt. Pagers secured on the strap of her bag, cause it seemed she wasn’t destined to get a day off.

She’d overheard some nurses talking about the Folsom Boulevard Flea Market, and decided it might be a good place to start. And it had been a great idea!

The Enchantress had been able to find a few odd things for her place, a few articles of clothing, some jewelry and a few things for decoration.

Balancing the bags, she finds herself a lemonade, and glances around the courtyard. And was pretty sure she recognized a face. And if not? No harm.

Smiling with a little wave, “Hey! Beautiful day.” Greets the Enchantress, “Not sure if you remember me, I’m Amber from the meeting.”

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

The wave and smile are returned right back. October. A gesture of invite to sit beside him.

"Sure do. With the recent company layoffs any new face would be memorable" And that particular one had a nice quality to it, but saying that out loud would make him sound like Dr. Frankenstein "Adam. With all the turmoil in the business it's no wonder names weren't a big thing" FBI, Seers and typical mage bickering all got the premium places. Gotta have priorities "Bet it was more people in your previous field office. Hope youy're not disappointed" Well, she is still here, isn't she? How hard would it be to arrange a transfer if she did not like the Golden State's capital?

"Got anything good?" Asks the Libertine, as he shamelessly gives the Acanthus' bags a look. They seem filled.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

With the beautiful sunshine Phoenyx had started taking some of her training outside. Jogging around the blocks was an excellent way of memorizing the local terrain, which could be invaluable.

Weaving through the crowds, she mused whether taking her regime up on the skyline would be worthwhile. She certainly had the build for parkour...

Out of the corner of her eye, in the market, her Supernal sight caught some dancing sigils over by the market. Slipping through the sleepers she emerged at a clearing and saw Shodan and the new face, October. Getting a bottle of water from a nearby vendor, Slowly she approached them. "Hello," She says simply.

Remember what Kaze does. You need to say something else. Make conversation.

There's an awkward pause as the Arrow looks for a topic, settling on the bags. Mundane things, but maybe they would tell a little more about her associates. "How... is the market?" She asks a little stiltedly, her face expressionless.

Her running shoes, black and red leggings and scarlet tank top look a little odd without the long coat over the top. The Firebird's hair is tied back in a practical ponytail.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The invite was accepted, bags put down.

“Layoffs are always difficult. Are they common here?”
    not that she meant to discuss Awakened things, but, it was a way to start a conversation. “Well it’s good to see you Adam.” Regular names, had to love them. A nod, “There was quite a few. But that has it’s benefits and downfalls.” Shaking her head, “Nope. It’s a nice change, a lot quieter and easier to get things done. The whole too many cooks thing.” Always fighting and yelling, nothing getting done.

“A few cool finds. Mostly weird and interesting décor items, things to start conversations with. How about you? Looks like you found quite a few things.” She replies with a grin.

Glancing up at the voice, she sees, was it, Phoenyx? She was usually better with names, must be the time change.

“Hi!”
    comes a sunny greeting and wave. If the pause bothered her, it didn’t show. Awkward people was something she was used to.

“It’s been great so far! Many vendors to stop and see, way too many things to buy.”
    A small laugh, “Care to join us? Adam was just about to tell me about what’s he found.”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"We've had some turnover, sure. Mostly new people who... didn't think they fit, I guess? One or two who mostly keep to themselves. And some long-term employees with lots of experience, which kind of sucks when you think how competitive the market can be" Not one to finish a thought on such a depressing note if he can help it, Shodan continues after a moment "But I'm sure it'll be fine! We have a good, diversified team, and now that you're on it we can get back all the customer base"

"I was out of uranium for the nuclear weapons in my garage, so I came here to see if they have any" He smiles, mildly amused at his own cheesy joke "They didn't, but I got a perfect-condition Atari console that is older than me plus some game cartridges, because it's true what they say about boys - we never quite grow up" The Obrimos' smile evolves into soft laughter, killed by a bite of churros and a sip of chocolate "I'll have even more fun when I pick it apart to the sound of these badass prog rock vinyls" He taps the bags and inadverently the discs covers become visible. Porcupine Tree, Devil Doll, King Crimson - among others.

"Hey Alice!" He greets the Arrow, trying to melt her stiffness with some genuine cheer "It's cool! You should buy something..." for your boyfriend "for your house - there's tons of stuff you never knew you needed until you paid for it!"

The Obrimos Libertine clearly is in great mood today, even more exuberant and lively than usual.

"Weird decor, huh?" Another look at October's bags "Like what?" If they meant to start conversations, then congratulations! They did exactly that!

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

"Uh... thank you," Phoenyx says, stretching one leg out on the bench.

Shodan seems oddly cheery. Maybe it was the weather. She tries to give a small smile. "If I see something useful, perhaps. I don't find much use in ornaments and models. But thats... not how it works. You need something and then you buy it..." She looks confused.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze catches sight of some familiar faces--one in particular--as he peruses the offerings at the flea market.

"Oh hey! I didn't know you were going to be here. Nice!" he says by way of greeting with a broad, friendly smile. He's got a smoothie of some sort; the liquid in the clear straw looks green.

He's dressed as usual in black trousers with a solid gray shirt and a brown leather satchel over his shoulder.

Med Kit in the Satchel
    Spells:
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-06 17:31:59 Kaze rolls 4 to rote Supernal Vision (Prime 1 + Wits 3 + Occult 1) (10 Again) 6, 9, 5, 4 1 success
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-06 17:30:52 Kaze rolls 9 to rote Honing the Form (Life 3 + Resolve 3 + Athletics 2 + Arrow Specialty 1) (10 Again) 5, 6, 6, 8, 8, 3, 1, 2, 3 2 successes
      5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-08-06 17:28:17 Kaze rolls 8 to rote Organic Resilience (Life 3 + Stamina 2 + Athletics 2 + Arrow Specialty 1) (10 Again) 8, 7, 8, 1, 9, 9, 2, 9 5 successes

(+2 Dex; Defense 5 from Dex + Defense 2 from Life Shield + Armor 2 from Life Shield + Armor 1 vs bashing only from Kung Fu)

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Ah, yah, I get that. It’s hard to feel like you fit in with an established group.” Same could be said for starting work in a new hospital. “That’s a good way of looking at it.” He seemed optimistic, not always a bad thing. “But I’m eager to help where I can.” Best way to get to know people? Show them what you can do, make yourself needed.

There was a lopsided smile as she laughed, “It’s just simply unacceptable to be about of uranium. Have you tried downtown?” she jokes back. “Oh wow! What games did you find for it?” she might be a doctor, but she knew a thing or two about gamer systems. “I don’t blame boys for not wanting to grow up, it’s a trap and overrated.” It was true. Spying the covers, “Can’t same I’m too familiar with those, any good?” music was all about the listener, so what was good to one, may not be for another. But, she was open minded.

Alice. Noted and logged.

“And things you don’t need but you buy anyways.”
    She nods to her own bags.

“Lets see,” she fishes in a bag and comes up with some salt and pepper shakers, “I had to get these. The science nerd in me screamed buy them.” She thought they were cute, weird, but cute. “Then the geek in me saw these and had to get them. Cause come on, everyone needs these on their table.” Maybe she could swap them out on the table. Or display both, it would depend on her mood.

“That’s not a bad way to go about it. But sometimes it fun to buy something completely random just because you felt like it. Though I’d probably save money if I went with your way.” Not that she had a whole lot of stuff.

Seemed the whole Awakened community was going to show up today. Next would be the oh so silent one.

A friendly smile and wave, “Hi!”

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Oh, come on, that's not how discoveries are made!" Buying only that which you actually, specifically need? Who does that? Phoenyx's style was decidedly minimalist... were all Arrows similarly ascetic? "You have something seemingly out of place and then work to make it look like it was always there! It's creative and fun for the whole family" At least he liked it, which is reason enough to advertise it "But whatever makes you happy"

October's question is a bit of a surprise, to be honest "Let's see, there's Adventure, Megamania, Private Eye... old but gold. You into this stuff?" Far be it from him to entertain the asinine stereotype of women unable to enjoy or understand technology, it's just that not many people in general were interested in decades-old video games "As for the music... I enjoy a good improvisation, use of unusual instruments, clever composition - things to keep me guessing" He's so in his element that Kaze's approach is, at first, barely noticed at the edge of perception.

Enter another Arrow. There are officially fifty-fifly odds now of Phoenyx either becoming a social butterfly under Kaze's positive influence or turtling up into Sergeant mode completely. We'll see "No such thing as coincidence, only signs" He says with a mysterious smile "Found anything?"

He gives the salt and pepper shakers and the tiny robots a once-over. To most people they'd be unremarkable pieces of plastic, but to a science and sci-fi aficionado like Shodan they present undisputable quality and value. More so, given that apparently they weren't picked at random, but as a result of similar appreciation by the new Acanthus. Thank you, oh Lord, for these thy gifts.

"I think I'm in love" Shodan blurts out before he can bite his tongue "...with these" Damn weather making him like that. For a second, he ponders calling down rain to cool his head.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread