(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

On one of the shelves sat two vases, no flowers in them, but they were filled with an ashy substance.

The wall behind the seating area had a painting on display, called The Young Martyr. Which had only recently arrived.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, new chairs actually. They looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Behind the desk sat Ale, Cain ever present at her side, head on his paws. Appearing to rest, but his ears gave away how aware he still was, always listening. Maybe it was that spring was in the air that drove the Savage to wear a bright yellow tank top over a black one. Or maybe she felt like color. It was hard to tell with her.
    Jacque Killian
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque steps lightly down the stairs of the Nox and toward's the Prince's office. He had been wracking his mind over the past weeks about what the Prince had in mind for him. Keeper would have been a guaranteed way of securing the tenancy he needed for his end game, but perhaps whatever this is she had in store for him would allow him to earn it instead of simply meeting a single condition.

As he came to the door he brushed his hand across his blue vest to remove any wrinkles and adjusted his tie to make sure it was sharp. He rapped on the door in a short series and waited for the invitation to come in.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Come in." comes from the office.

When he enters, Ale will smile and motion to the chairs, "Good evening Mr Jacque, I hope your night is going well." the laptop she had been looking at was closed.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He opens the door carefully and makes his way into the office. The air was instantly heavy as the Savage's Beast was sensed. He carefully pressed his hand against his vest, just off to the side below the sternum. To an onlooker, it would appear he was pressing a wrinkle out of his vest, but in reality he was soothing his own fearful beast into approaching its superior.

"To you as well, Prince Antinori," he replies with a bow of his head. He lowers himself into one of the gestured chairs while he responds, "Oh, I can't complain." He offers a flash of a smile, "How about yourself? Were you able to do your shooting or did business keep you from taking a night to yourself?"

Jacque was eager to have the great mystery revealed to him. Try as he might, he couldn't figure out what she could be wanting from him, which was an unusual feeling. Usually he could have worked out at least a few educated guesses but this time, frustratingly nothing. Not wanting to appear impatient he was content to leave it with the initial small talk.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was always nice when there was no Beast present. It made conversation so much more enjoyable.

Shaking her head, “I haven’t been able to steal myself away for any shooting yet. But I won’t complain, I’d rather be busy than sitting around doing nothing.” Savages weren’t known for enjoying doing nothing.

“Have you found time to speak with Judex Twist about the Invictus? When we last talked you mentioned wanting to meet with her.” And if so, did she answer his questions.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

His eyes brightened a bit at the thought of the conversation, "I did! I must say I wasn't quite sure what I was in for heading into that conversation. I don't believe I had heard her collectively speak more than perhaps a handful of words at any of your courts since my arrival." He smiled a bit, "It was a wonderful and enlightening conversation. Thank you again for the recommendation to seek her out."

He adjusts in his seat to hold a better posture in her vanity chairs, "It certainly has given me much to think about since her and I talked. When I was confronted with the prospect that all doors could be opened, it forced me to consider what I would want." A hand drifts behind his head in embarrassment before ruefully muttering, "And I had absolutely no idea."

Gesturing a hand outward to the Prince, "Certainly, I am a self-driven person. I offered my services as a lawyer and scientist to the Domain. I pursued being the Lord's Whip and your Keeper but those are just ways of making myself useful to serve to the betterment of others. It isn't actually a means to any particular end for myself..." he looks to Alessandra quizzically as he flitted his fingers upward, "If that makes any sense?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage smiles, “Wonderful! I’ve always found her quite pleasant to talk with. Though I worry her reputation scares others from seeking her out. Which is truly a loss for them.” Some just could not see past her reputation.

“She wasn’t wrong, the Invictus can open any doors for those who know what they want. And it sounds like you’re not sure yet.” She folds her hands in front of herself on the desk, “When I was approached, my Sponsor knew what I wanted, and offered it to me. I would have been a fool to turn it away.” Then a shrug, “And things fell into place after that. Most Kindred seek power of some sort. Though it’s not something you can rush.” Nothing wrong with it.

Nodding, “It makes perfect sense. For someone used to focusing on others and not themselves. It’s ok to be selfish.” She says with humor. “Everyone has something that drives them, something they want. Surely you wanting the position of Keeper wasn’t just to be of use to the Domain. What else drove you?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque listens to Alessandra's insightful comments and smiles before responding, "Our conversations about art were my chief inspiration." he ponders a moment before adding, "If I'm being honest with myself though, the opportunity to set the tone for your courts and enforce it was quite alluring. I find the grandstanding as of late particularly distasteful." He chuckles, "But I don't think that is a secret. Looking back at the past month I'd say I am most envious of the respect you and your Officers draw from the room."

His eyes widened briefly, "I never had the opportunity to privately thank you for that by the way. I don't think I'd be sitting here today if it weren't for your sheer command of the room and your unwavering wisdom." He shakes his head, "Ironically, speeches about controlling the Beast were suddenly in short supply that night when it came to someone wanting to murder the lawyer."

Shifting in his seat, "At any rate, I understand that you were simply upholding your vision of the law, but considering how much dissent from that vision there seemed to be in the room I can't help but feel indebted to you for it. If there is ever anything I can do for you, you need only tell me and I will answer the call to the best of my ability. I'd offer a boon but my offer doesn't expire after a single use."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“It seems some have forgotten how to properly conduct themselves with Elysia. And I believe one of the last calm Courts, was the execution one. Everyone appeared to keep to themselves and not act out.” There was a knowing smile, she knew why people had behaved then. “When we get an influx of new faces, there tends to be a bit of time where there is more posturing than normal. But two Formal Courts in a row is a bit much.” And annoying.

There was a half smirk, “I’m not sure I’d be thanking me, had he followed the expectations for declaring it, I would have allowed it. As an Invictus Rite, and one seeped deep in tradition, there are rules and expectations that must be followed. Though I’m still not sure what set him off.” A mild hint of disgust. “I’d much rather people settle their issues without someone being ashed. Though I think it was more about pride than about controlling the Beast. And if it is pride, then that can be settled without a duel to the death. Personally? I’d rather see a diplomatic agreement reached. Years have taught me violence is not always the answer.” A shrug.

A shake of her head, “There is no need to feel indebted. And I don’t typically accept Boons when I consider the matter done and taken care of.” She wasn’t as into the whole Boon thing as most in the Domain were. If a situation called for it, then maybe.

“So would you agree with my assessment that you share a lot of ideals not only with art, but for the Domain as well? There have been many ideas you have brought up that fit with my vision for the Domain and what I expect to see.”

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shakes his head in response, "That sounds before my time here, but I am in high hopes that appointing your Keeper and reminding the Prisci of their responsibility to handle such family squabbles would be a large step towards stability."

He ruefully chuckles, "Oh, I'm aware that it wasn't done to specifically protect me. If I ever lose my wits so horribly that my mouth writes a check my body can't cash I'm sure I'll find myself in quite a different situation." Waving a hand dismissively, "My point was I had every intention to clear the air with Mister Garcia in the nights following court. Not to present the Lord's dirty laundry but I had assumed the quarrel built off of my appointment as Whip. He was the only who refused to acknowledge it following the meeting, and that attitude seemed to follow us into your court. Monomacy is quite an overreaction for something so petty." Flitting his hand outward, "I do still look forward to settling that matter. Considering your conditions for him it seemed prudent to wait until he approached me, that way I would know he's calm and collected enough to have a discussion with. I was caught off guard by the rapid escalation in court so I'd prefer to let him work out that emotion first, however long that should take."

He bows his head, "Of course. I still choose to be at your disposal as you were the only voice of reason in the room."

Jacque arches an eyebrow as he contemplates the question before nodding, "I agree with that. I know I've agreed with your actions and how you've navigated issues for everything I've witnessed personally. Are there any ideas that I've shared that particularly resonated with you?"

Smiling while resting his arms on the chair, "If you are referring to the authority I thought the Keeper should be granted in addition to a unity and respect between your officers, I couldn't imagine us disagreeing on that. You always carefully weigh options for the good of the Domain and something that should be as effortless as respect has nothing to lose, yet everything to gain."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread