Ended
Watch

(AGTOO) It Takes Four To Plan

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Shodan

The dust has settled on Earth after that fateful night, and everyone is back in their corner of the boxing ring. Now, with wounds licked and prizes counted it is time for the four mages to plan their next step. It goes without saying that the other players - whoever they are - are doing exactly the same. Shodan can't shake the feeling he is missing a lot of the puzzle here.

And so, he makes his way to the Circle and shoots everyone involved a text message.

Are you fine people ready to scheme about the Eisenduller case? If so, meet me in the Circle on [date]

A circle within the Circle, the Libertine forms an oval shape with chairs, and takes a seat. His laptop rests on the floor in a simple bag, loaded with stuff and ready to be used.

The Prime Mover is waiting.

S
    Shodan

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze arrives next. He smiles at Shodan. "You're looking well." he says. "Do you want to wait until everyone's here before you go into what you figured out from what you got on your computer?" he asks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

A
    Alastor

Alastor arrived next. The First Talon wore his usual assemblage of jeans and a fitted black t-shirt stretched over an undercover vest. He carried his backpack full of gear and weapons on his back, and in one hand was the tube in which he stored his pump-action. Athletic shoes made up the rest of the attire -- and one could never forget the omnipresent mirrored aviators that covered his eyes.

Were those things prescription?

In case anyone was wondering, yes. Yes, they were.

"Sup."

The Heirarch wasn't here yet. They'd wait.

Current Rituals

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella appears a few moments later, his feet echoing on the stone floor and his coat billowing around him.

"Good day to you all. Shall we?"

He moved to the oval of chairs and gave each member of the group a little nod of greeting. With a sweeping gesture of the hand he indicated the vacant chairs before he seated himself next to the Libertine.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Puh-leez, brother, it'll take more than a bitch-ass bomb to take little ol' me out" Shodan shakes his head with a smile "Thanks for the help, though. Really appreciate it" He nods to Kaze's suggestion of waiting for the others, but alas - they don't wait long. Alastor and Campanella get a brief nod of greeting.

A laptop is pulled out of the bag and powered up. It's not the time for presentation - yet - but it will soon come.

"You may ask yourselves" he says to the First Talon and the Hierarch "'what have Shodan and Kaze been up to?' The answer is: they've been racing through Sactown, strongarming gangs of drug-trafficking Hispanics, and getting digital trails for Eisenduller and others that'd make Julian Assange green with envy" A pause "You? Has your friend shown his face?"

"Oh, and by the way" The Prime Mover addresses the Moros "You may want to change your usual mechanic - he replaced the ignition box in your car with some secondhand Chinese shit. I installed the proper parts there aaand patched the software loophole that almost killed us. Just, you know. Shodan Automotive offers a friendly discount to our people. I think there's space for a rocket launcher in your ride" That'd be cool. Hell, that one he'd do for free, the satisfaction of knowing the mage boss-man drives the best car in town would be enough.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Alastor's arrival and nods in the affirmative at the Hierarch's indication to begin.

He manages to keep a schooled, studiously composed expression while Shodan "reports", not at any point either rolling his eyes or face palming.

"While we were waiting, Shodan was hacking the security to get eyes on the scene for overwatch. Somehow he crossed paths with a hacker somehow connected to...Seers?"

Kaze glances at Shodan,"While Shodan did the online counter attacks, the hacker took control of your car's automated system forcing it to accelerate, and decided we needed to race against his vehicle, and at the same time do online stuff that Shodan can tell you about. That left me taking over the driving." Kaze sighs.

"At a critical point on the freeway, the hacker took control of the brakes and was using that control at high speed to make the car difficult to control, and risking our ability to survive. His own vehicle was a van, with magic glyphs on it, and the van changed color whenever he wanted." he explains.

"I decided to ram it, forcing it off the overpass. That stopped the hacking, but when we inspected the crashed vehicle, the driver was a male who had been shot and killed...well before the race took place. I guess that instead of some kind of magical zombie thing, the van was remote controlled by the hacker from somewhere else the whole time, and the murdered person was just there to take the...fall. Sorry, I didn't mean to say it that way." he finishes with a grimace at the involuntary pun.

"Anyway, the van exploded shortly after it's crash, so we didn't get too much from it. After that, we left the scene to reconnect with you. Shodan was hurt in the explosion, and I dropped him off shortly before meeting with you."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

9. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella settled himself in his seat, hands folded placidly on his lap, with his body leaning slightly to one side and head inclined down. He listened intently as the two mages explained what had happened to them. Shodan's enthusiasm earns a smile. With Kaze's much more sober explanation, the smile fades into a frown.

There is a pulse at the Hierarch's jaw as he flicks up a hand and runs his fingers through his hair.

"That was... Unexpected. And dangerous. I assume you ensured you left as few traces as possible?"

He looked up and straightened.

"Well, I can report that Alastor and I didn't experience anything quite as bracing as that. We were unable to meet my contact and... Yes. I'll get to that in a moment."

His knuckles breezed across his chin as he thought.

"I'll relate what we found at the gallery first. Then something that occurred just before we got there - an incident in the rain which seemed strange at first. But to the gallery. It was locked, closed. My contact should have met us at the door for a prearranged meeting and I moved off once it became apparent he wasn't in. The gallery had minimal security but it was enough to concern me. Alastor here found an alternative entrance: a deposit around the side. This we accessed through a nearby alley and found the door partially open. Inside we found crates, some of which had been looted - but not throughly enough as it turned out."

"I left Alastor to search the deposit and went looking for my colleague. I didn't find, it is true. But I didn't search the upper floor. I don't think I needed to. A brief survey of his gallery suggested what he was really doing and what Alastor discovered in the deposit only confirmed that. It would appear my contact was less art dealer than drug smuggler - and as Alastor can attest, he had come to a sticky end. Alastor found the chain saw that presumably finished him off. The looting suggested a deal of some kind going badly wrong. The resonance of the area supported this - some very bad people with bad intentions had been in the area recently and there was much pain."

"We checked the crates. They had been carrying indigenous artefacts from South America. Secret compartments held drugs in quantity. It would seem our persons of ill intent had not had the time to search the crates but they had looted the artefacts. My conjecture is my contact was involved in a smuggling ring, and made a profitable side line in insurance fraud - theft of art, forgery, that sort of thing. I'm not quite certain how this squares with the Eisenmuller art just yet, but the ring would certainly have the contacts and skills to have been behind the theft - most likely being used as a tool by someone else. I doubt my... friend... had the skill to deceive the groups tracking the painting and I had first believe that was why he reached out to me when he discovered I was making my own inquiries. I believe Alastor may have found some evidence of his own."

Campanella gave the Arrow a significant look before continuing.

"So. No art and no contact from the gallery. Now was there some Seer involvement? Yes. I believe there was. Just before we reached the gallery we came across to people out in the street: a well dressed woman and a giant who was obviously her bodyguard. We passed one another, she made some off hand remarks which I at first took for folly. They did not register as Awakened and I sensed so spells but for a moment, which I took as a trick of the light. Alastor made mention of the woman's broach - a sing of the Architects of the Future? A faction of Seers?"

Again, the Hierarch checks with the Arrow.

"Now at the gallery, I sensed the remains of a portal spell. I also managed to identify a seperate strand in the resonance. If the giant and his charge were Seers - and I strongly believe they were - then they had been through the gallery just before us. I have a hunch they did not find what they were looking for either. So that means the painting is still out there. I suspect they had been pressuring my art dealer contact and perhaps this is what contributed to his spectacular falling out with his fellow smugglers."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

11. Likes Vincent, Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"God damn," Alastor muttered at the recounting of the other crew's high-speed chase. The Seers they were dealing with really were outstanding, and if they were hacking into vehicular computers, then that told him that they needed to go low-tech. "We should pick up absolute piece of shit junkers for transport unless we can get our vehicles good and secure magically. Less way they can hack shit, hey? Good job, though. I'm real glad you guys are okay." That last was chiefly directed at Shodan, who Kaze had mentioned had suffered injuries.

"I've got some shit to add. The two people we saw outside were definitely members of a group of real bad-news Seers. A Legacy called the Architects of the Future. These people are to be considered trained and highly dangerous, as you've obviously seen," the Mastigos said with a nod. Most Seers were a problem. Architects were a whole new level of horseshit. "The woman looked... familiar. I don't know why." He shrugged. "Gagosian is for sure dead. I scryed him. It was... ugly. At this point, I can absolutely identify who killed him if I meet the killer. There may have been a ritual and my scry got cut short. I'm wondering why, but... anyway. That USB stick? Space is warping around it. Something in there wants out. Sympathy coming off it is flying everywhere. It makes me wonder if whatever is in that thing is super important to the world or the city or something."

"We went in through the back, and so did whoever entered. Gagosian was probably working with Central American gangs often, and there was a shipping company called Argon involved that might be worth looking into. The guy was definitely was a very established smuggler."

A finger came up.

"By the way, something was missing. Square and smaller than a box got taken from the place. Now, I'd imagine the cops will be going through there soon, but if anybody had a friend at the police station who could quietly hook us up with their file..." He shrugged. It was an option, a way to gather more information - or, perhaps, to track down anybody who was trying to influence the police themselves.

S
    Shodan

Shodan listens to the... reports made by the others. Nods, when appropriate, to what Kaze says - he's way more methodical at this than the Prime Mover.

"I can only add that in the back of the car we were pursuing were some chemicals that you could use to, say, dissolve a body. I was thinking it was meant for you" he eyes Campanella and Alastor "but since you said there was no resistance I'm not sure anymore. Still, the dead guy behind the wheel was a gang member, probably from the same group that moved the stuff you found. It's a thread worth pulling, I think" he says.

"Anyway, the data trove we found - in the Panama National Bank, of all places - had a few interesting things. First, evidence of botnets activity - which means a need of huge processing power. Second, some accounts were either linked to Argon or labeled 'EDuller' and then further connected to Central America and Europe. Finally, the evidence of criminal activity from all over the world, super useful if we ever want to implicate our enemies in some shady shit. I'm sure we could cook something up with my boy Abacus, if it's needed"
    But what could be more needed than letting the US justice system do the heavy lifting for them?

"Now, Architects of the Future? I assume they are into Fate magic, aside from edgy nicknames? Also, if nobody has a friend among the Sacramento's finest, then we could invite ourselves into their system. The mainframe is probably hardwired, but there's bound to be case notes on the intranet"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.