THREADID
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The Iron Spear detaches from the mass of excited Lost and saddles up to his friend-in-arms, not as stiff as he usually is.

"You have the right idea," he says, chuckling to himself. "Do the quiet usually get this much attention here? Is it like a novelty with all of the big personalities?"

Glazed eyes track the lanterns as he leans against the wall, finding solace that no one was going to approach without him immediately knowing about it.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"No," Maxwell replied with a quiet chuckle. "Not at all." With his Winter Mantle and the curse of the servants upon him, he almost faded into the wall that he was leaning into, just another object in a room full of Fairest and Spring Courtiers and their celebrations. This was no place for a spy, and yet, he'd found the punch.

The punch had made it somewhat more agreeable, as had the conversation with Freya, who he glanced to briefly as he thought of it.

"You seem to have a certain something special about you. Perhaps the right affiliation. Or perhaps they merely enjoy your antics."

He flashed Fawkes a smile. Perhaps the Winter Courtier enjoyed his antics as well.

"How are you tonight?"

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

"Affiliation? ...Antics?" Fawkes cocked his head, "I just ask people do to their jobs. Or offer to find one for them. Maybe they like the attention. I don't normally feel the need to insert myself."

He thumbs the sliver along the corner of his mouth, wiping some of the sand as he watches Maxwell watch.

"I'm good." Not really. He still held the glass, just in case. Being bombarded by the Fairest was an odd experience to say the least, and now he was inebriated in a way he wasn't used to. The Elemental squinted at Titania, wondering if he'd get his jacket back any time soon, and if Richard would have a problem with it.

"What about you? You lead a couple of times when it was Your Time, but I think I've only seen you with Freya and the punch bowl."

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

A silent smile crossed the Silent Arrow's face as the Elemental downplayed his style. He may have come off weird, but there was craft and cunning behind that rigid glass face. As he asked Pierce how he was, the Winter Courtier finished his glass and placed it down on a table near him.

"Mournful, Fawkes. But not for the reasons why you might think."

The spook fell silent, staring off for seconds before he decided to go right to it.

"There are things I need to get past, things I thought I could get past by coming here. And to some extent, I have. This has been a healthy trip for me, to let me see what my wife would have wanted me to see. But I need to move on with my life, and if I stay here, where she's from, I'll stew in it forever."

It was hard to say goodbye, even if the friendship hadn't been long.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes starts to nod along as he speaks, pausing as the Chatelaine quietly drops the farewell. Still leaning on the wall, he stares at nothing,

"Oh."

The corner of the Elemental's mouth twitches as he exhales. He didn't expect the jarring feeling of being punched in the gut. Maxwell had given him the time and the anchor he needed to not panic when he had arrived in Winter. A Pledge and a gift with the request for him to simply do his job, and a moment where the both of them recognized stability for what it was. They were opposite ends of Seasonal devotions, but shared a common goal despite it all.

Fawkes wanted to express that, but the finality stuck in his mouth. He didn't want to admit it. Lost were transient, but they were also a tight community. He blinks as he cocks his head at Maxwell J. Pierce,

"Thank you." The fact that he had gone against his nature to inform his departure meant a lot. "You should check in at some point. On your own time. See how things are going," even he wasn't blind to the man's pain. He hoped this was a good move for him. Chaos had given him purpose, and now that things were stabilizing he could focus on himself.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"I will. In time."

At some point down the road, when Sacramento wasn't just another reminder, when there had been more progress, when the pills and booze weren't a coping strategy anymore.

He extended his hand for a shake.

"Take care of yourself, soldier. And these kids. I think they'll be all right."

And with that, he was gone.

Maxwell leaves the scene.

Closed Thread