The dojo was no different than any of the thousands of others in the country. It was of decent size, and had a steady clientele. Here, they taught kung fu, including various styles.

Classes were daily, but Sonnie Wu didn't need the basic lessons. Her skills were advanced enough that she could train on her own, most of the time. She still took cues from the dojo's masters, who were more skilled than she. Good as she was, Sonnie still had a long way to go before she could be considered a kung fu master.

Still, at the moment, the Beast was happily lost in the pleasure of training. She moved through the katas, shifting arms and legs to different readied forms, like it was second nature.

Funny, the monkey part of my brain has such a hard time staying focused. My attention span has suffered since my... transformation. But times like this, it's easier. Martial arts helps me stay on task. I get pretty zen during these training sessions. My mind isn't racing, leaping from topic to topic to shiny object. It's... peaceful.

Around her, others also trained. Mostly men, but several woman as well. Each working towards the goal of bettering themselves. Many worked in partnerships, sparring or training together. Sonnie joined them, sometimes, but not this evening.

The simian fae moved to a heavy bag, where she proceeded to work on her strikes. Feet and hands lashed at the leather, and she moved from tiger style to wing chun, praying mantis to, of course, monkey style. The last one was her favorite, for obvious reasons.

Times like this, centered and serene, she almost felt human again.