Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Can't say I've ever tried it with stored blood. Never figured I would need it - I have a constant, handy supply," Emily grins, waggling her fingers at Nathaniel. "Within an hour you're fine again. Blood rituals work way better for us than squishy herd folks. Not as well as a bloodsucker, but well enough."

The Crescent chuckles. "Secrets? Nah. Mostly it's deciphering his scribbles, but it's also a diary, not a textbook. Windrider worked on what he needed at the time or what he was interested in, like most of us. Mostly it's not in any good order, hard to read, and you have to skip over the diary parts whenever he goes off on tangents or bitches about that "pink-haired, snot-nosed, lazy bitch that cares more about chasing tail than learning her duty." He was a real cranky dude with no sense of style. Hated teaching." She smiles. "And.... never helped that he was completely right. I was a pretty shitty student. Hated school. Hated his lesson. He always said I was too Full of myself - Punning on me being more Rahu like Dad. I figured it out in the end though."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nodded- he'd have to try it out with stored blood later.

He was somewhat disappointed by the lack of secrets, but nonetheless was hopeful. He had is own journal of course; maybe one day he'd be able to pass it on to a student of his own.

"Well I can't say my teacher was much better. Always had some weird rules, and hated company. Didn't introduce me to many other wolves; preferred spirits. I suppose he taught me decently enough, but still."

Nathaniel wasn't socially stunted or anything- but tribal customs were sometimes... A bit strange for him. Quirky- that was a better word.

"Maybe there's a surplus of cranky old wolf teachers?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily laughs. "Maybe. I tried to get another teacher, but Dad put his foot down. Not that that ever mattered - it just got 2 guys mad at me instead of one. There's the picture on the side, if you wanna see him," she adds, waving a hand casually at the photos on the top of the counter."See if you can pick me out," Emily says jokingly. It's obvious really. There's only 4 in the photo - the little punk looks more or less the same, though clearly a few years younger, definately a teenager, except her hair is neon pink. A hulking man with a black crew cut has his arm around her shoulders - though almost physical opposites the family resemblance is clear in the eyes and smile. There's a stern-looking woman with short red hair and haggard, weary looking and greying man in a battered leather jacket.

"That's him. He old guy. Windrider Kendal. Got his name because he could control birds or some other Game of Thrones shit. Jesse. And... Dad." The Crescent goes quiet, swallows dryly and clears her throat.

" So, um, Nate. Anything else you wanna know? Or you mind if I ask you a few things?" She smiles. "Like, Howd you grow into this game? Why join the Bone Shadows? And what's with the suits?" Emily gives him an easy smile that doesn't quite reach the eyes and takes another drag on her cigarette. Clearly a change of topic was her plan.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nate grew a bit sad at seeing her expressions change. Was it regret? Loneliness?... Best not to prod there. Not his place.

She changed the topic rather quick; trying to avoid a discussion on the photograph? Not that the shadow minded much.

"I was an orphan. I... Didn't have a lot of friends. Got picked on more than a little. When I first... Changed... I was in the middle of saving up for College. Suddenly there was a whole world of other people... Er... That's how I saw it. Easier to understand them too."
    Spirits made for strange friends. But they had been easier to befriend than humans.

"Then an old man came along and told me the whole story- turns out I did have a Mother, and a Father... Though our 'family' is rather complicated at times. And our lineage is as twisted and faded as the land we sit on." It was a warming thought to first learn about it- The Mother above, and the Father below. Granted it wasn't as if he could just have a discussion with them... But knowing was good enough.

"He said he could hone my spirit-speaking... And politely told me that I might not do well among the more... Um... Physical groups. He was right of course, though as you've mentioned it DOES have many downsides. I rely on my shifts too much." And even then, his shifts were often macabre. The strength it provided still didn't compensate much, with skin stretched tight over thin muscles and bone; claws longer, sometimes as thick as his human arms.

"...Anyways. The suits are from my old job. I was an assistant to a businessperson. Appearances were important... Don't know why they kept putting up with all the mistakes I made and the quirks I had- but I had a knack for formalities, and apparently I'm quite charming." A bit of a laugh at that.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Iron Master nods. "Guess I'm an orphan too, now. Huh. Never thought of it that way." She takes a drag on the cigarette and stubs the end into a tray. "Hey. Relying on shifts is not a weakness, Nate. It's a part of who we are. Never be ashamed of that. It's Pure. Aaaanywho, sounds kinda like this guy corralled you into the Bone Shadows. I mean sure, you're not Jason Mamoa, but you'd be amazed what throwing some press ups into your routine can do." She shrugs. "You could give me a hand if you like. Lugging things around here all day keeps me in shape. Though the fighting I kinda got trial by fire. Do not recommend." She pulls her top up to her chest. There's a brand of the Iron Master made into a tattoo just below her naval to the left, but it's clearly the scar on her torso she's pointing at. "Even we can't heal everything proper. There's a Rite to help, but things out there still leave us with scars. Point is, if you wanna get better, I'll help you."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel's spirits are a bit lifted when she says relying on shifts isn't weakness, and her offering to help train him was also a mood-booster. Apparently they were both 'alone' in the parent side of things.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-03 21:08:25 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 3 to Examine a wound (Wits + Medicine) (10 Again) 3, 5, 2 failure

The wound was... Nasty. It must have been, to scar that badly right?... Ok, in all honesty Nathaniel was no expert on medicine- but if it hurt a wolf permanently, that generally meant something bad. What caused the wound was... Well, lost to him.

"OH! um... Sorry for staring. I like to... Look at things? It helps me figure them out. Anyways, I'd love to help! I have a bit of experience making stuff too- nowhere near anyone competent, but I know the basics. And... I'd like help getting better. It sounds fun! I know that if we work together, we'll have the shadow fixed up. Or at least... We've got to right?"

Young, optimistic, a bit foolish. Goofy. Bright.

And not at all ready for the crushing reality of things.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily shakes her head, grinning. "Nothing wrong with staring at a girl, Nate, long as she lets ya. And I flashed you, so that's usually a good start. Then again, it's different for us. Nakedness is pure, plus, there's very deliberately no sexual element. But yeah. Particularly bad Azlu bite. Not gonna lie, I ran after it caught me there." She rolls her top back down. "But lived to keep on fighting."

She arches an eyebrow. "You're not gonna be working on cars, Nate. This is my livelihood, not just a hobby. But lugging wheels, tyres, helping out... You'd be amazed how much a physical job helps keep you in shape." The Iron Master gets up and wanders through to the kitchen, and comes back with a glass of water. She looks him up and down and gives him a smile. "Well, you're not wrong bud. We gotta try. A lot of what we gotta do is hunting the spiders again. I should really look into that."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods. Azlu he does understand.

"That's rough.... Glad you survived though. And yeah, the nudity took some time to get used to. I'm not opposed of course; or... I mean I AM kind of uncomfortable but I can manage. Also not... Um... Not really looking for someone. Never really appealed to me I guess? Or... That's not the way to say it. Spirits are wonderful looking- they remind me of modern artwork sometimes."

Hearing what he'd actually be doing, the young pup laughed a bit.

"Right. I can do that. As for the spiders... Um... I've had to face a few of course. Observe them. It can be challenging... But it's the first step. Besides, if we do enough perhaps Father and Mother might grace us with their presence? Or a few words..."

Wishful thinking.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily cocks her head. Was he trying to explain he was Ace? Had he even considered it? That was maybe a talk for another time. Traditional werewolves weren't always the most open-minded on LGBTQ issues. Nate certainly could tell beauty, at least. Spirits were etherial and mysterious, but they could also be beautiful and powerful.

His optimism at seeing actual forebears incarnate gets him a slightly pitying smile. "Oh, sweetie.... I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure that dad's in itty-bitty-bits. And anyone who sees Mom ends up more than a few wolves short of a pack, if you get me? They might be where we came from, but you're talking about Biblical happenings. We're just People, trying to make our way, and clean up the mess made by our angry wayward cousins. We need to count on ourselves, not hope some spirit will come down and give us a leg up. After five years alone here, I've learned we can only count on ourselves."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel wasn't exactly trying to be subtle at anything. He'd had feelings for women in the past, sure. Many of them were beautiful. He was just rather... Stunted, it seemed. It would certainly explain his sometimes... unnerving... admiration of some spirits.

At being reminded of just how fucked up their family was, the pup sighed "yeah... I suppose our patron totems are the closest thing we have huh? Still, it's a... It's a goal. They have messengers right? Well Mother does- can't imagine Father has much chance to write mail nowadays. Regardless, I know what you mean. It's just a nice thought is all; I'm still here, and I'm not leaving."

Mother and Father would likely be displeased if he risked his sanity for such a selfish goal.

"And... I know I can't rely on spirits above. So I'll work with the ones on the ground." A very cheesy joke at that. Still, it was his goal. It gave him a purpose.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last