Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

The little Ithaeur ushers the last of her mechanics home for the day, and pulls the door across the large open front of the garage with a grunt. She doesn't look like she should be able to do it. Maybe that's why she does.

Hot, sweaty and covered in various automobile stains, Emily slouches over to the fridge, cracks open a beer and takes a long drink. Sighing, she looks at the clock on the wall. The Chrysler sat in the bay took an extra hour she hadn't planned on, still wasn't fixed and now Nathaniel Dormur was due to arrive.

Collapsing heavily against the workbench, she sips her beer.

Great. I'll have to take him upstairs.

Aww. And I wanted him to meet Ratchet... well, maybe we could still do that.

Did I tidy up?

HA! HAHAHA. Were you expecting to get laid? Tidy up... Emily, you're hi-larious.

The Iron Master Smiles to herself and waits for Nate to show up.

Typhuzuzu13 I thought we'd do this as a full scene, Ithaeur to Ithaeur.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

2. Likes Hades_Roses, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel takes his bike over, trying to remember the right path, somehow managing not to get lost.

This is the place... Wonder what insane teaching methods THIS one will issue. If it was anything like his last teacher, he'd end up trying to summon a spirit on top of an abandoned water tower during a heavy storm while Flight of the Valkyries blared at insane volumes. "To teach you how to remain calm during your rituals!"he'd said.

Nathaniel knocked gently, his backpack full of useful stuff. Test tubes of gathered rust, a few bones, his spirit drums, a collection of notes and summoning diagrams, recipe lists for rituals... The usual things. He was wearing another cheap suit, neatly groomed as always.

"Hello?"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's eyes snap open at the door knocking. "'M awake... Oh, yeah."

She heads over and opens the door. "He-e-e-e-y Nate," she says, yawning. "Urgh. Sorry. Long day. Come on in." The Crescent leads him into the garage that currently has 3 cars wedged closely inside. "We're gonna have to go up to the flat. Been a busy day, so probably won't do any rituals up there. I gotta, like, live up there too." She says, leading the way up the stairs, through the door at the top. "Dunno if you looked across last time you were here, but if you want to talk to a gaffling, there's always Rachet," she waves vaguely over to the far corner of the workshop. "He's the quite type but usually there."

If you look across the Gauntel for Ratchet, look here!

The flat itself is.... well, bomb-site might be the closest fit. It's not.... dirty, per se, but there are clothes across the chairs, a couple of full ash-trays, a couple of bourbon bottles lay around, and a blanket and poorly arranged cushions on the sofa propped for someone laid down to watch TV. One door off to the site is completely closed - an ajar one with a black lacy bra hanging on the doorhandle looks like it leads into what is easily guessed to be Emily's room - more punkish clothes are all over a purple-walled room.

In the living room, an assortment of fetish-like objects and a few diaries sit on a table, a couple of bookshelves hold assorted dvds, books and ornaments.

"Uh... Yeah, sorry about this. I was working late and thought I'd have space downstairs. Didn't get a chance to tidy shit up," Emily says, a little sheepishly, hurriedly moving clothes off any surface they lay on so he can sit down and then opening a window. "You want like, a drink of something before we start? I got coke, juice, beer..." She shuffles into the kitchen and grabbing some cold pizza left over from the meeting the other evening.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Peering over required little effort with his gifts, so Nathaniel decided to take the chance; did she use the spirit to assist in repairs? It would certainly make work easier, and Nathaniel had asked similar spirits for similar things before.

He gave the being a simple wave and a smile, following the fellow crescent upstairs and... Trying not to go nuts at the display before him.
    "Ah, don't worry I understand. And water, if you have it? Anyways, I can practice rites at home- just teaching me how to do them, maybe with some inscriptions, would be good enough."

Nathaniel would add his own flair to finalize the ritual for himself.

"My style is diplomatic, and I'd be best in a support role- I'm ah... Not built for combat, yet. I was looking into creating Talens, and the ability to imbue our warrior-wolves with the means to better hunt the spirits."

The pup found a relatively clean surface to sit on

"I'd also like to discuss a totem, if that's possible? I know it's too early to make one, just wanted to ask about it. As we grow in strength, a totem just seems like the next step- and given your guys' propensity for vehicles, a guardian spirit tied to the scrap and rust could be beneficial."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Water? Yeah, sure." She passes him a clean glass of water.

"Just the learning, huh? Well, I can try and give that a go. Never really actually taught anyone before..." Emily admits with a shrug. "But if there's one thing I learned, more Rituals basically have the same set of components. Set the scene, with your incense or alter or candles or whatever. Perform the ritual, strike the deal." She shrugs. "Talens I can show you - that's Rachet's speciality. I've heard of the rite imbuing our natural weapons, but... Well, it was one I never bothered to learn. I had enough to do keeping the damned spiders off my porch." The Ithaeur jerks a thumb in a southwards direction, munches on the Pizza and cracks open a can of coke. "What do you mean when you say warrior-wolves? All wolves are warriors, if you take the right form. We're... like, you and me, expected to know spirit things, but we gotta be able to fight too. Just, promise me you can swipe a claw or throw a punch. Don't want you getting carved up out there more'n anyone else. But... I guess we're, like, getting bit ahead of ourselves. How big a ritual can you actually do? Can you, say, actually Bind spirits, or something?"

Emily pulls one of her bras off the arm of the chair and flings it into her room. "Totem? Shiiiiit. We have one already. Necessary Guile. A city-spirit of urban survival - looks like a cat. It was apt for the older pack members, when they first got here, but it still is now, Hisil being how it is. I found the pack after they'd made their pact. It's a fickle thing - It likes indirect approaches and favours Cunning. Why Chief reckons getting spirits on side to deal with the Pure is a move it will enjoy." She chews the pizza loudly.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel laughed a bit nervously as she asked if he could fight

"Yeah. Sure... Ah... Know any good fighting tips too while you're at it? For beginners?..." Nathaniel had no combat skills whatsoever. Knives, guns, even his fists. His shifts compensated for this to be sure... But even then he'd no idea how to use his strengths. And his human strength left a lot to be desired. "Ah.. No time like the present right?"

"Talens would be useful enough, and a simple way for me to pass the time. Small things to give us an edge against our enemies. As for what I can do... No, my attempts to bind a spirit have failed. I can summon them well enough, and open negotiations just fine. With a bit more learning I'll get there- I know that much." He aspired to learn all he could on rites, and maybe one day inscribe some of his own for the history books. There was also the spirits, of which the pup took a somewhat uneasy fascination with

"We have a totem?! Why didn't you tell me sooner! Oh I've got to prepare, make a good impression... What form does it take? Where does it reside?" The pup was giddy with excitement.

12. Likes Stray, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily grins. "I mean, I can take you out back and show you what I know. We all start somewhere. All natural weapons - fist, tooth, claw. I had to hold my own being stuck out here."

There's a nod from the older Ithaeur, although that term is really somewhat relative. "Summoning without binding is always kinda dicy, since you never know what the spirit will be like, but, like, I've done it plenty too and not dead yet. I also put together a Healing Rite for the times our natural stuff doesn't quite measure up."

Emily swings from the can, her eyebrows jumping at Nathaniel's reaction. "Easy tiger. Necessary Guile is a cat-spirit, cats being one of the creatures that has adapted to urban survival despite dangers everywhere. So, think like a cat. You gotta be respectful, you gotta be smart in how you fight, and you gotta be cool. It stays in the railyard - that's the Heart of our territory really. This here, my place, is like the Eastern edge."

She swallows the last of the pizza and looks at the younger wolf. "So, I can summon messengers, do healing, initiation, Hunts, summoning, bindings... All traditional kinda stuff. Oh! And pants. Dedication, I mean. Plus a few others. So, we can look at that, or I can take you out back and show you how to punch." The Crescent suppresses a burp. "Either works for me, but if you don't know the latter and you're pretty well versed in Rites already, that's more important right now." She gives him a predatory, if not very intimidating, smile.

14. Likes Stray liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nods. Cat spirit. Right- he'd dealt with similar iterations earlier. Wisdom could be a close relative to cunning, and Nathaniel possessed his in spades. As for rites...

[color="#FFA500"]"I'm going to study up on marking our kind to better strike down the malevolent spirits. These messengers of yours also seem useful, and when I'm capable learning to heal is a necessity."[color]

At the talk of fighting, Nathaniel gives an audible whimper but nods
    "this is going to suck." A chuckle as he stands up

"Weapons would be best- I'm not exactly the embodiment of strength, but I'm graceful enough. Training for those kinda weapons would be best for me." Seth had no upper body strength. Or lower body. Or... Yeah, he was a bit wimpy looking. Charming. But wimpy.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily nods in agreement. "Sounds good. The messenger... Yeah. Well. When your Alpha doesn't have a phone worth Anything it paid to find a way to reach him." She grins. "I'll teach you it, if you want, but I hope you don't mind doing it older school." The punk pucks up the knife and waves it idly.

Emily's smile gets wider. "Nahhh, it'll be fuuuuun," she says playfully, starting to pull off the oil-stained overalls and rummages in the pile for some loose pants before pulling them on. Yes, she just changes right in front of him. "Aww, Not scared of little ol' me are ya? There's sooo much worse where we'll be going, Nate." Emily is positively beaming. "Come on!"

She heads down the short corridor to a back door outside to some exterior stairs leading down to a poorly kept lawn. At some point someone clearly hacked all the overgrowth away for the grass, but slowly nature is reclaiming the land. A steel drum bbq is off to one side and some work sun-bleached patio furniture.

"Not much, but it's sheltered and there's only us." She wanders into the lawn. "Come on. Let's see what I'm working with, Neil Patrick Harris." Y'know, because he always wears suits. Hilarious.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Old school? I can do that- I promise to add my own flair so I won't be cramping your style?" Nathaniel followed most rituals in the traditional manner, often with a small amount of flair to account for the times- a more modern spirit might enjoy such changes... And then he realizes she's not talking about rituals at all.

"Oh. You meant ah... We're training with... Real knives?" An almost audible gulp as they reach the backyard- the place would serve for a few decent rituals. Now it filled the pup with anticipation.

At her words, he grabbed something that seemed adequate for a weapon, and showed her what she was working with....

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 08:58:26 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 1 to This Can't Work. (Untrainted Weaponry + Strength 1) (10 Again, Chance) 3 failure

Which was, surprise surprise, something pitiful as the pup didn't even land a blow on the wolf that, for all intensive purposes, was standing still. The 'Broadside of a Barn' joke was more than accurate here.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread