Rites and Pacts

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Mother Luna wears her Gibbous mask over the ebb and flow of Sacramento's streets and quiet places. To her children's children's children's, it is almost as if they can hear an ethereal voice on the wind. Or maybe in their own hearts. Singing of joy and loss and pain and exaltation.

Those seeking new allies gather at the heart of their territory. Quiet hangs around them.

This thread and Shadow Running are not occurring at the same time. Characters can join either or both. Both scenes occur after Fresh Faces and Walkabout.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

A gangrel figure emerges from the darkness. A figure of rangy limb and shaggy hair. Fever eyed he stares up at the moon, struck dumb by the luminescent orb's still beauty. He pauses to stretch out his hands: in joy, in prayer; a child waiting to be lifted up.

Hector is totally absorbed in his reverie.

Those of the herd might see his lips flickering in silent gibberish. Those of the People might catch the faint breath of his whispered thanks, sung to Luna while they are temporarily alone.

Hector knows that others from his pack are gathering.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

4. Likes Kelreth, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

I really wish we'd coordinated this a little better I've no idea what kind of spirit we're looking for here.

Emily looks on her living room table at the collection of various ritually things she's gathered together for tonight. There's all manner of things. Candles. Incense. A battered but sharp knife, wound in beads and string on the handle. Assorted fetishes of wood, fur and feathers. A small rain stick. A drum. A couple of corn dolls. Windrider's notes. Her notebook to decipher his chicken-scratch piss-poor handwriting. A small memory fades in.

"In the end, don't matter how much you prepare. You gotta make do with what you have."

Windrider Kendal had been a cantankerous old bastard of a wolf, but he knew his spirits. The Iron Master looked at her collection and grabbed the knife, the notes, the drum and her incense. The rest would have to do.

Pulling on a longcoat she heads down to her Mustang, dumps the things in the passenger's seat and sets off.

I'm not sure where we're meeting, but Emily will get there!
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt understands somehow, that he is out of his element in this gathering, but his Pack gathers. He will be there. He walks in from a distance.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel wanders in, having parked his bike some ways back. His backpack is stuffed full of useful items- white dust to draw ritual circles, vials of collected rust, pollen, and other things that could count as chiminage, and of course his spirit drums. He immediately throws up his sight using his gifts, one eye changing to a void-like color.

"Hey guys. Do you have experience fighting spirits? Actually we shouldn't fight first- the Alpha will be useful to represent our strength, and Matt represents interest in spirits even without knowledge. Us working together should make for a grand ceremony- grander than most might be used to. Perhaps we can deal with them diplomatically."

Nathaniel looks around, trying to discern what spirits might be most powerful/abundant to summon, those that might easily traverse the city to assist them.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-23 03:12:03 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 5 to Look Around (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 4, 2 2 successes

"Emily, do you possess ritual supplies? Some ceremony might help. If not you can borrow some of mine."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit was actually at a gas station, filling up the Defender following a day of errands when she heard it.

The Redeemed, like the others understood the message. Likewise, she knew the pack would gather. They couldn't afford not to when the prospect of allies could slip through their figures. In the conflicts to come, the Carillon Call needed them.

Thus, with the Defender filled, the Herd paid, and a jerky stick in hand, Brigit was on her way. As she drove, she doubled checked her pistol in the console. It wasn't likely that such a thing would help if things got heavy, but if a threat arose that was more mundane it could be useful.

Brigit is en route via her Defender

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

It slowly dawns on the Alpha that the others have arrived. And are probably waiting on him.

Coughing, he lowers his arms and turns away from the bright moon. Walking forward he rolls his shoulders and cracks his neck, beaming.

"Well. We faced down some murder spirits once. Slew the monster they were urging from the Shadow. Does that count?"

A thoughtful pose later.

"Actually, yes. If we can make this rite without... violence... I'd like that. I'd rather save our strength for the real enemy so go right ahead, Spirit Speaker. If you can run this thing by diplomacy, go for it! What do you need from the rest of us?"

He spoke to Nathaniel first, Emily second.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaning against the electric-blue Mustang Emily takes a puff on her cigarette. She's reading what looks like an old, battered, leather-bound journal. "I got some bits - drum, incense, ritual dagger. So, ceremony I can do. Wasn't sure just how big we were thinking - I've tried to avoid looking for anything too big I couldn't handle on my own." The older Ithaeur finishes the last of her cigarette and stubs it into the door ashtray.

She shudders as Hector dredged up the memory of the Murder Spirit. "We... we kinda left that there, remember? I couldn't work out exactly what it was. Maybe... we should... go back and take another look sometime?" What are you saying Emmy? That place was awful! She groans at herself. "Why did I say that?"

The Ithaeur gives Nathaniel a childish, excited look and throws one hand in the air. "I call Ritemaster! Yesssss!" She draws the high arm down in a fist-pump, and reaches over the seats to pull out her gear. "So. Thing is, we need to decide what kind of spirit we want. I was thinking about this. Maybe some eyes. Birds, Bugs, Rodents, or cameras. Watchful spirits. Ones that can tell us if something goes on - keep looking for the Pure." She turns to Hector. "Spirits all feel the same bonds that make rites work, and recognise symbols as a part of word and deed. If we honour the deals of the Rites, our rep improves. The spirit gets what it wants - often Essense so it grows in strength. The important part of the ritual for the Pack is a collective show of unity. Strength. And Respect. Show we are woring together, in harmony, and support one another."

Emily looks at the other Wolves. "So, there'll be a lot of insence and drumming for this one. It might look tribal and you may feel a bit foolish - That's a HUMAN feeling. these things have been passed down since Pangea and shit, so, like, just let that stuff go, okay? At least I'm keeping my clothes on." She winks.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-24 08:29:50 Emily rolls 5 to Shapeshift! Sta+Surv+Spec+PU (10 Again) 6, 9, 2, 6, 6 1 success

Taking a deep breath, Emily's body ripples and shifts into the larger Dalu form, the bulky coat becoming tight on the muscle that emerges. "Any questions?"
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Kelreth liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt listens soberly to Hector, the Alpha.

Matt smirks at Emily's description of coming events. "Okay. Clothes on. Tribal as shit. I like 'tribal'." he nods, apparently ready and willing for whatever is required of him.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

While the Shadow in his veins desperately wanted to be Rite Master, the young pup within knew Emily was a better choice. Besides, she was capable of rites he himself was no ready to conduct.

"Depends on where we'll be hunting, I suppose. Where the Pure are, and what our battleground is going to be. Squirrels or raccoons might be another obvious choice, considering they're available in the city and out. Also keep in mind while these spirits might take the form of an animal, we're not choosing them for their animal nature- we're choosing them for their watchfulness. That's what the spirit will encompass."

Nathaniel set his bag down, pulling out his spirit drums- a gift from his teacher.
    "This will help in negotiations- it's a Fetish. Whoever is speaking to the spirit should play these the entire time- you'll find the spirit more amicable then."

He took his suit off, folding it up neatly and placing it in the empty section of his backpack, before shifting.
       Still Struggling Strength-Wise
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-25 09:08:23 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 5 to Shift! (Survival + Stamina + Primal Urge) (10 Again) 6, 2, 5, 8, 1 1 success

Even in Dalu, his muscles left quite a bit to be desired- the look itself is rather macabre, with skin pulled taunt against bone and longer, sharp nails. Still a pup, he didn't sprout as much hair as the others might.

"Dalu is a good form for negotiating with spirits- a nice medium between human and war-machine. If possible, I'd like to be in charge of negotiations. To prove myself, if anything else." They could always summon more spirits.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread