Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque wandered from the meeting room over to the main furnished area where court was normally held and found a seat where he could comfortably converse with Elettra Vitale .

"So, I'd say you've certainly had your hands full over the last three months." He smiles with a wry grin, "How are you enjoying being the Priscus of Shadows?"

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra followed Jacque to where he took a seat.

"It's going alright. It wasn't something I was searching to be but, I saw an opportunity so I took it. I didn't trust those I hadn't even met yet to claim the title." With a bit of a chuckle, "At least things haven't been boring."

"How are things going for you in the domain," Elettra asks curiously.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smiles with a nod, "Very assertive. That should lend itself well to reeling them in with time."

Chuckling, "Well, a member of my own blood wishes to see me dead." Turning his palm out towards Elettra, "So I've got that going for me," he snickered. "Comparatively, I almost wish I were in your shoes." Shrugging his shoulders, "But, we are a proud lot so when things start getting heated they tend to escalate rather rapidly. Still, escalating to Monomacy was a bit of a blindsided strike."

Sitting up in his chair, his tone flatted to almost droll, "It seems to be the talk of the town at the moment. Did you have thoughts or opinions about the waves and waves of politicking and posturing that was Her Majesty's last formal court?"

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Returning his smile, "I do what is necessary. They better get reeled in soon, this shit's getting old fast. It's not like the laws are hard to understand, follow them and respect the Prince. It's not rocket science," she says shaking her head.

With a nervous chuckle, "Dare I ask what made them want to see you dead?" With a sympathetic look, "The grass is always greener, as they say," she shrugs back. "Yeah, what was up with all of that? If you can't go into too much detail because of it being family business, I get it."

Elettra's voice has indifference in it, "I've never been a huge fan of politicking. Too much lying and deceit, as if we don't have enough issues with trust among our kind?" She rolls her eyes, "Of course, I'll uphold the laws, help protect the domain, my covenant and my family. But, I could honestly do without the politics. People should be more respectful of the formal court, a lot of that stuff could have been handled outside of court. Sometimes it's a benefit to have all eyes and ears paying attention to it, but generally people should be more cognizant of what they are putting out there. Ya know?" Curiosity getting the best of her, "What are your opinions?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He laughs and belts out, "Rocket surgery!" Shaking his head, "Nothing outside of what was revealed during court. I intend to meet with him to sort out the finer details but I'm not entirely a fan of when people say one thing and do another. I passively or perhaps even passive aggressively suggested ways to correct some misdeeds and from that point on it seemed to be a relentless quest to undermine me or prove I had no control over how foolish he could be. Some suggested that I should have offered prestation to end his feud, despite him clearly having no respect for his Whip or Priscus."

He gestured his hand to Elettra in a quizzical sense, "Tell me, would you offer prestation to attempt to silence one of your shadows who was acting as a fool? It doesn't seem to make much sense to me at least, but perhaps I'm lacking a perspective or blinded by my Lordly pride."

He grinned, "I simply shudder at the thought of how much our Domain could accomplish if its kindred put the same kind of dedication into mutually beneficial endeavors as they do politicking. It would truly be an unstoppable force. That was the nature of my arguments for Keeper, though. United in the front, politicking in the back offices where it belongs."

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

He has a sense of humor in there...hopefully I can see more of that...kindred can be too serious sometimes. Elettra giggles along with Jack, "I am not a fan of that either. I appreciate those that are true to their word."

She listens to him carefully when he talks about court, "That is a bit surprising that people suggested you offered prestation for that. That would seem to reward bad behavior, which is obviously something we wouldn't want to do, unless you really want a bunch of fools running a muck everywhere."

She returns his grin, "It is something I have thought about myself too." With a bit of disappointment in her eyes, "But, sadly it seems egos, entitlement, people's own agendas seem to get in the way of that."

"So, what do you see for yourself within this domain?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He tilts his head with a smile, "Would be so much easier if everyone could be taken at face value, but alas everyone has an agenda."

"Oh good, I'm glad to have some reassurance that I haven't lost all pretense of sanity yet." Because the idea that kept being pushed to me seems completely batshit.

He straightened his posture in the chair and pressed a wrinkle from his vest, "Well, I came here for the many books, then I got hooked by the pleasant conversations and now I'm exploring inward for a deeper purpose. Perhaps I may find a covenant that really inspires me. Perhaps not." He grins with a shrug. "How about yourself, Priscus Vitale? What is here for you?"

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Nodding, "Indeed, they do."

"I just state my opinion, no use just saying what people want to hear. If I had disagreed with you, I would let you know."

"I explored a few covenants before deciding that the Ordo Dracul was the place for me. It aligned best with my beliefs and passions are. I just recently joined them, I am excited about all of the learning and growth I will be doing within myself," She says with a beaming smile and excitement. "Well, I came here only about 2 years after my embrace. I am from New Jersey and wanted to get a clean brake from the friends and family I had before my change. I knew it wasn't safe for them to be close to me anymore. I headed as far west as I could go without switching countries. I wasn't sure if this was going to be a permanent place for me, but I have fast found that this will be my home for quite a while."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded with a coy grin, "Glad to hear it. I'll always welcome a dissenting opinion from my own as long as there is some intelligent conversation attached with it."

"If it isn't too prying Miss Vitale, what beliefs and passions led you to the Dragons?" He smiles before adding, "I've spoken with the Grand Wyrm, Mister James and Mister Prosper about the Ordo. With there being so many gangrel in their ranks however, it has been a fair bit challenging to find different perspectives."

Nodding with the rest of her history, that sounds familiar, "I had a harder time breaking from friends and family. I stayed and watched from a distance as they withered with the passing of time. When there was nothing left, I wandered here."

Blood Hunt:

E
    Elettra Vitale

Smiling, "I do my best to put some intelligence behind my opinions and unlike other people, when I realize I am in the wrong I will willingly admit it. There's no shame in that."

"Well, being that I am so new within the group, I am not entirely sure what all I can openly say. However, my desire to change, my fascination with science, and my love for studying all played a roll into choosing the Ordo." Shrugging, "Sorry if that is too vague, but I just don't want to get myself into trouble. If you're interested in learning a bit more, I am sure that the Grandy Wyrm would be more than happy to meet with you."

A somber look spread across Elettra's face, "I couldn't imagine watching my friends and family grow old and pass on as I still remained the same. That must have been awfully hard on you. It was an incredibly difficult decision for me to make. A big part of me wanted to stay close to them, but I felt it was better for myself and safer for them if I just did a clean break and distance myself as much as possible from them."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread