Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Pagoda Events building on 429 J St was just a block down from the Golden 1 center, home of the cities own Sacramento Kings. The square white building was topped with the signature green flared roof from which it bore its name. The building hosted several floors that could accommodate many sorts of events. Circe had thought it was a great place after seeing it with Richard Price. She'd actually wanted to welcome folks to the place where she abdicated. But she didn't want to pay for the price.

Instead she had the second floor for privacy. After all it was just a chat about building stuff. Nothing sensitive and she seriously doubted it would come to violence. Multiple tables were set up in the room. One held food, in this case vegetable and fruit platters with dip, cookie trays, and deli finger-sandwiches. A second had water, beer in a ice bucket, sodas in a ice bucket, and
    four coffee dispensers. A eleven mugs were around the coffee dispenser along with a variety of sweeteners and creamers.

The other tables included drafting paper, notepaper, pencils, and rulers. Just what one needed to plan for making things or taking notes.

This was understandable as Circe was currently drinking coffee from the twelfth mug. The former queen was dressed down for the day. A denim vest over a red t-shirt and slacks. She needed the vest for pockets and to hide her backup for solving arguments.

Given how the last meeting here had gone, Circe felt justified to be carrying a taser gun. Look around the room her blue lips parted in a smile, "Who know. Maybe we'll build a giant robot."

Come one and all that has skill in Crafts or are hoping to learn Crafts. Lets get cracking on making things.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    (Wrath's fire can break any metal.)
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Creating things? When Circe proposed the idea, Cole was first in the door. He wore rough blue jeans and a grey forge shirt, along with heavy boots. He'd brought a folder of rough sketches and ideas, even snippets of hedgespinning techniques. He might be able to refine his occult knowledge here, while he was at it-and a thinktank was the perfect way to design gifts and armaments most suited for this Freehold.

"Hey Lass. So- I know it's a bit early, but just to string along ideas. I have schematics here for improving Hen-Rei, some rough sketches of a fencing blade for Abraham, and ideas for a sword cane for the Autumn monarch. I also think I'm near a breakthrough regarding the trifle-tipped bullets, and I'm THIS close to a light-bulb moment with my solidified glamour cannonball idea."

Hen-Rei was, of course, the motorcycle the two had worked on. How Circe had convinced a hobbe that booze-for-life was a fair trade for being an epic war-mount was anyone's guess; not that Cole was complaining. And of course he had ideas for cannonballs- because when you're laying siege in the hedge, expect nothing less. Some papers poked out of his folders. The illustrations and notes were roughly drawn, but organized in a way that a craftsperson would understand.

"So- He wants Long Island Iced Teas right? Well, here me out. Cinnamon whiskey- stuff's supposed to burn right? Know what else burns? Fire. I think that, with the right modifications to the engine, a shot of the good old fire liquid along with his daily meal will let him blaze a trail. Literally!"
    Cole seemed to have a greater grasp of the Hedge now- working with Circe, and others, had helped provide the information he needed.

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe smiles widely at Cole's entrance, "Great ta see ya Cole, lovin' the plans. Imma hold the speech though fer a bit. Oh and speakin' of plans," she puts emphasis on the s, "I found a few designs that'd help with ya play with yer balls," she points over to one of the tables, "And one in case ya wanna start smaller. They all start small, then get big right? Uh," Circe rubs the back of her head, "Especially since that first one needs either a flatbed or a giant robot ta even carry it," after a moment blue lips part into a smile, "So here is hopin' we build a giant robot! Even if we don't get the cannons we can punch shit ta death with it!" She gives Cole a thumbs up. Clearly not understanding the difference between robots and power armor. "Also I found out Imma sergeant and yer a private, so yay fer however that rankin' system Price has works." she waves her free hand mockingly when she says yay.

As for drinks. Circe blinked in surprise at that. "Oh, I suppose that mixing plan is an idea. I thought we'd just mixed a bunch of Long Islands ta store ta just dole out ta him." The elf shrugs at this. After a moment, "And I have a bit o' bad news fer ya bein' early though," she motions to a corner with the coffee mug. Within the corner are stacks of folding chairs against the wall. "I didn't exactly finish setup yet. Wanna help? Or chairs could be optional."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

An average man with a few scars and burns, in the mask his skin is a faint grey color and his veins seem to glow at times.

PRE

Cole can't really tell if her words are a really, really obvious attempt at innuendo or if this was just an incredibly humorous coincidental string of dialogue. Regardless, he took her ideas to heart... Though he didn't hide a few laughs from the words.

"Aye lass. I have a few aspirations myself- something to really make some noise. And a robot? Hedgespun's the way to go there- We could call it The Defender Protocol or something awesome like that? If everyone chips in we could definitely make something like that."

At the talk of rank, Cole chuckled a bit
    "I'll stick with Lass if it's all the same? Or Circe if ya don't like nicknames. Don't see much point in rank with just the handful of us. And yeah, happy to help!"

He was more physically fit than most- it was simple enough to help set things up.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Putting the coffee down, Circe gives Cole a hand in getting the chairs set up. No clapping though. "Hey go big or go home, right? Think we could come up with a more fun name fer the robot. Oh ho ho ho ho," she laughs, "It is a nice thought."

That it'd scare off or crush many foes was a dream. As for ranking, "That's fair," she shrugs as a chair gets unfolded, "Private coal sounds silly if ya ask me. Sergeant Circe may be alliterative but gunbunny smurfette is what I'm used ta. What do ya want fer yer own nickname man?"

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

Cole thinks a bit about the robot. He'd have to borrow on his knowledge of vehicles to make it no doubt- luckily, the Wyrd made impossible things more possible. Sort of. The forgemaster was still fuzzy on the details. At the mention of "gunbunny smurfette" another gentle laugh escaped

"aye lass. I'd suggest Forgemaster, just because I think it'll tick the General off- though you'll probably tell me not to sew division eh?"
    Cole pondered a bit as he finished setting up the last few chairs

"Ironside? That sounds badass."

He was wondering who else might come. He knew Seraphina had experience in crafting (based on talks in the past), but whether or not she'd be interested in something like this was up in the air.

@%1;was a font of inspiration.

Fawkes was... Well, Cole had suggested crafting as a form of stress relief. Maybe he'd take it to heart?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gave Cole an aside glance before letting out a over acted sigh, "Well it would be counterproductive ta the smooth operable of the military industrial machine," then smiles, "So just have a shit eatin' grin when ya suggest it. Maybe throw in a few stupider soundin' ones if he objects." A childish prank? Maybe, but the Iron Quartermistress found it amusing enough to laugh about, "Oh ho ho ho!"

Circe wondered if Fawkes had gotten into crafting or art? And wasn't Sonnie interested in having some fire stick built? Maybe she phrased the flyer poorly. And Maxwell had certainly been interested in what Circe was building already.

Another distraction, "Wasn't that a warship? Yeah, I remember it now. Does sound totally badass." That would probably fit with the Glamour cannonballs too. Which Circe decided to mention, "Oh ho ho ho! That's Great Cole! Yer matchin' it ta yer Glamour cannonballs. Not sure what good king Richard will think if we try ta have the uniforms match too." She shakes her head, "Not even sure where we'd find bicorns."

The chairs were done. "Thanks Cole," she looks to the door and her ears droop. "Weeeell," then looks back to Cole, "I brought the SAA blueprints. Wanna look 'em over in case nobody, uh," she stops herself, "I mean in case the others are delayed?"

Was she worried her planned meeting was falling apart? Oh yes, most certainly the gunbunny smurfette was worried.

The Fiery Forgemaster
    Strength
    Composure
    Status
    (Arms Dealers)
    Cole Volker

PRE

Cole nodded at first, thinking she was being serious... And then started to laugh along. Circe was the kind of Summer that he could really respect. Not always so uptight, but she got shit done when it was needed. And she seemed to like his name- another plus.

"Aye. I figured if we're striking the Fae, we should do it with the biggest blast possible- doubt they'll see that coming, ha! As fer uniforms, that's dandy and all- but I think customized hedge battle armor would suit us best eh? Give em some similar symbol so the King won't drive that stick of his any deeper."
    Another chuckle at that... and what about Bicorns? What, like... Unicorns? Horses? To carry the armaments?

"Whatcha mean by that? I've made Hen-rei, so I know how it works- I just make a bigger vehicle to carry and mount the stuff, and convince another hobbe to fuel it if needed. Instant siege platform!"
    Set one of those up against an enemy in the narrow hedge, and something was going to explode.

"I'd love to review the stuff- what's your weapon of choice anyways? Figure it's about time I looked to making you a hedge variant. And I wouldn't worry about other people; plenty that want to learn, and plenty that'd be interested."
    Cole looked over the schematics, laying out his own. He had rough drawings of a Hand Cannon and a mechanism to create glamour cannonballs, a deconstructed bullet with several wyrd bits in the mix, a sword cane with "autumn" written beside, and a fencing blade with the word "Grass?" next to it.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

It seems Cole had a different idea of what a bicorn could be then just head gear. Or he was unfamiliar with the USS Constitution. Instead of explaining Circe sags and waves in the negative, "It was a joke. Not a serious intent ta prank Richie. Though," she smirks, "I will say hedge armor often lacks in bullet stopping in my past experience. Hafta remember ta bring Kevlar undies."

Though there was one flaw she saw. "The ambition I love! Buuuut we," she rapidly points her right index finger between Cole and herself, "Both know how a motorcycle works. A giant robot? We'd need ta brush up on a lot of engineering unless," her ears go flush to her skull as she rubs her chin, "Hmmm, some hard sci-fi dudes have already done the work. Not like they could sue us."

"Ah, that's right over here," Circe motioned towards one of the tables with a small briefcase beneath. Circe retrieved that and withdrew the technical drawings for the Single Action Army replica. "Guns. Tons of guns is my preference. Fer pistols I've been rockin niners and forty-fives. Former is a good backup but the latter is a solid middle ground between the larger round and more ammo. The longarms I don't really have the storage for more then the two I got. Need a Hollow before I decide ta start stocking good Soviet Imports." She also takes a look at his own schematics. They did have potential.

"These are some cool ideas. Not sure what kinda grass yer gonna use but if its the kind that's legal in Boston I imagine it'd be fun fer everyone," the jest is weak even in tone. "I've a thought on these," she points at Wyrd bullet. "Or at least a proof of concept. Hear me out," she inhales then emphasizes the next three phrases with her hands making brackets in the air, "Hollow points, Goblin Fruit, wax."

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Assertive)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring
    Exegesis Agarwal

Mien: Skin of polished amber, eyes replaced with a star field.

PRE

Exegesis comes in, bright-faced and loud, in a white tee shirt, baggie black denim pants and a set of wire shades. "Oi! Glad to see I am in the right place. Not sure if I got either of your names at the coronation. I'm Exegesis, or just X, if that's easier."

Laying down a leather satchel bag by a table and removing a tablet, ze takes a stylus from above hir ear, before noticing what's actually on the table. "Ah, looks like you've layed out a spread for us." looking to Circe, and smiling, adds, "That's more social than I expected. So just what are we looking to create here?"

Defense: 2 Armor: 0 Speed: 9 (10); Sling & Sjambok wrapped around each other as a belt.

13. Likes BlairAnderson3979, Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread