Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Axe) Enter Finch

C
    Cross

The night when Adrienne Finch came for Atticus James was not announced, but it was a dark and rainy spring evening when the Axesworn came unannounced. Dressed in shitkicker boots, leather pants and a black top that came down off one shoulder and pronounced the Crimson as a big fan of Megadeth, the intense figure's eyes burned with rage and inhumanity even as she stared through the front door of the Chapterhouse. Such was the curse of this Dragon Nosferatu, her cruelty boiling off her like emotional steam as she stared at the security door.

Thud.

Thud.

Her knock was powerful, potent and sure, as was her Beast. If this Nosferatu gave a fuck about Obfuscate, she sure wasn't as hell wasn't acting like it right now.

Adrienne Finch, Crimson Initiate of Sanguine Terror - Presence 4 (Intense) - Blood Potency (Significant) - Nosferatu Curse: Cruelty boils off her like emotional steam. This character is obviously inhumane (Humanity 3).

C
    Cross

A
    Atticus James

"I'm coming, I'm coming, but if you ain't selling girl scou..." Atticus felt it as he approached the door. It was strong and just on the other side. For a sec, Atticus wondered what idiot kindred would come a knocking like this uninvited. Then he remembered the letter.

He opened the door before another bashing knock came. "I'm guessing your Finch?" Atticus said with the door open. She looked like she had gone through a few wars, and that she was ready to remove a head with her bare hands.

C
    Cross

Finch was already shrugging her way inside as he asked her name. Etiquette was not this creature's chief concern. "Correct. Close the door." The Axesworn looked around, face devoid of anything that would express interest or being impressed or even being very much alive at all. Pallid and corpselike, this creature was the epitome of what a Kindred could become with enough time and enough commitment to violence. Closer to her Beast than Simmons. Nearer to being lost forever than Antinori.

But not by much.

Monsterous eyes bored into him, her irises tiny slits against the fading color of her pupils.

"You are getting a reputation, James, for being a creature that the Covenant can perhaps count on in a fight. But rumours flow slowly from Domain to Domain. So, tell me: what have you done that has your name crossing my desk as a potential candidate for the Crimson?"

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just let her in. He wasn't worried about anything. She may be Crimson, but its not like she'd start shit in the middle of a chapter house. Her degradation was plain on her face. She'd taken a lot of lives or at least pushed her humanity to it's limits. "Took out a gang of blood craved mortals, then killed the drauger they were feeding on. Bisected a poacher from nuts to nape in a single slice. Earned my second coil. Was a deputy of the domain before walking away from that gig. Was the hound of this regency before my regent had a disagreement with the Prince. So now, just a dude who does the dirty work." Atticus thought about offering her a place to sit, but if she wanted one, she'd take one.

C
    Cross

Her cold, cruel gaze pierced Atticus James as he explained his deeds. Not bad. They weren't everything that was needed, not yet, but they were the kind of thing that paved the way.

"Stopping a clear violation of the Masquerade. Stopping a violator of your Prince's laws. Enforcement. All of this is good. The sort of shit that gets you started."

She slid hands into her pockets, considering him for a long moment.

"You want this gig, you're going to have to step up to the next level. Grab a partner. Someone with some wits who you figure you'll work well with. Someone you're in charge of. Someone you want to give an opportunity to shine to."

Axesworn were rarely alone. She'd be assessing more than his ability to kill. Someone else was going to get their chance to impress Finch, too - whoever Atticus James thought would be worth considering for the Axe, which itself was an assessment of his good sense.

"Once you've got a buddy figured out, let me know. We'll go from there."

A
    Atticus James

"I got a couple ideas on somebody who can get my back." Atticus says with a nod. Axesworn. That would be pretty crazy. "I'll get a hold of you after I confirm it. You got anything else you want to know, or is this just a size up session?"

C
    Cross

"Delivering the message, Scribe. That is all."

Finch flashed him a smile. It was like a fucking shark was staring at him, so cruel did she seem, the Nosferatu's curse boiling off her and giving her a creep factor that was uncanny. She produced a scrap piece of paper, scrawled a phone number on it, and handed it to her.

"I'll be around, once you've figured out who. Let me know when you have."

I'm good to close! Decide who you want to give a shot at Axedom to!

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.