DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

(Ingesting alcohol)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

Prosper chuckles to himself as he sips his glass, "Glad to know you are looking out for us, Supplicant Dirt Nap. What would I do without you?"

His attention flicks to Lina Moretti, "Me and Mable Wood had a conversation. She is wanting me to be Priscus. We will pick up that conversation at the Gangrel Meeting," he looks at Atticus and Dirt Nap with mirth in his eyes,

"Again."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

"Fair enough," Madcap says plainly as Lina and Garrett explain the situation in more detail, "Like you both know, I ain't from around here. Didn't know the full situation I guess. If you need help with some of that lifting, let me know, Grand Wyrm. Gettin' itchy."

His tone and demeanor remain calm until the potential lies of his cousin come to the forefront. The Bruja said nothing in regards to the Prestation supported by Jacque. If the Lord really wanted to try and push for it, let it come. He won't ever push for it again. However, it was the talk of Dirt Nap saying the Grand Wyrm was lying that pushed Madcap to a more serious expression.

"An Alpha that can't defend their claim from a challenger on their own ain't meant to be an Alpha," he says, his voice growing more dour, "You really think Mable couldn't defend herself? If so, I ain't sure why your backing that horse to begin with... but that's a family issue. All I'll say on it now is you need to pull your head out of your ass."

Madcap physically grimaces at Prosper's declaration.

"Passing it around like a hat? What the hell are we now? Lords?" his disgust is apparent, "Jesus fucking Christ..."

Then he reined it in. Still, it was clear the Bruja was pissed. They were Gangrel, dammit. They were supposed to be better than this. More pure.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Gangrel, nipping at one another's heels. Dirt Nap against Prosper, Prosper against Dirt Nap, and Madcap against all of the things. She held up a finger and gave the lot of them a gesture that was not shy about demanding silence.

And then, she stared at Dirt Nap, a long moment of contemplation before she gave a little nod. She wasn't happy. But she wasn't exploding, either. Yet.

"An accident, then. At least there's that."

It looked as though the Grand Wyrm was taking that instant to square her composure up before she asked a question of him.

"Do you fancy yourself a talented politician, Supplicant Nap? Or would you say your skill set is centered more about horses and fighting?"

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods towards Garret Prosper, "I do, actually try to avoid harm whenever I can, as a general rule, Supplicant Prosper." he says in apparent agreement, either missing or choosing to ignore the sarcastic tone. "If you end up as the Priscus, I don't think I'd have a problem supporting you either, should you be subject to a challenge." he adds.

To Madcap, Dirt Nap says, "You weren't there, Supplicant Madcap. Priscus Wood wasn't my first choice either. When Supplicant Prosper laid out his case against Priscus Wood's leadership, I said right off, in front of everybody there, that I didn't disagree, except for the one point, and then I said up front that I'd support Scribe James for Priscus."

Dirt Nap is silent a long moment, as if remembering, and then says, "It was only when he wouldn't have any of it, and then Supplicant Prosper challenged for it, that I supported her, and even then, I considered it a temporary state of affairs, because I do care about the Clan, and didn't yet know Supplicant Prosper as a leader, as I did Scribe James and less so, Priscus Wood."

"To be frank, I had been in harms way with her, and knew she wasn't the type to quit, which I had some respect for, but after I saw her lose her control to frenzy, I tried to get her to consider learning as one of us to control herself. I guess that had no chance, but I had my doubts about her leadership as someone who could plan ahead and control herself from then on."

"With the number of our Order in the Clan, it seemed pretty obvious to me that she wouldn't last through another meeting or two, and I wanted what seemed to me the strongest leader for the Clan possible. Even then, I was basically doing it for conscience sake. I thought Supplicant Prosper would win out. If just one person in the room had supported him, he would have, and I had hoped he wasn't the kind to start a challenge without having planned ahead of time for at least one person to support him." he says to Madcap.

Dirt Nap lowers his head at Grand Wyrm Moretti's question and implied rebuke. "No Ma'am, Grand Wyrm Moretti, I consider myself bad at politics, and maybe average at fighting, and somewhat talented at horses and animals and keeping an eye out in general." he says in a respectful tone.

"In fact, I completely misread that meeting, in that I thought Scribe James would take the position when I encouraged him to, and I thought Supplicant Prosper would have laid up some supporter in advance if he were really serious about trying for the position right then. I thought he was just trying to show her weakness, not making a serious try himself." Dirt Nap says, shaking his head slightly.

"I can only say that I sometimes get myself into a situation where I have to do my best to meet an obligation even though I know I lack the talent, training or inclination to be good at a thing, and I believed my obligation to the Clan required me to try to hold out for a stronger leader that I believed would bring stability and not just invite another challenge in the next meeting."

7. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

At Madcap's words, Garrett actually rolls his eyes. He opens his mouth and shuts it when Lina raises her finger, waiting for her and Dirt Nap to finish. Afterward, he straightens to properly look at the newest Kindred, "Un-clutch your pearls, Supplicant. Did you see or hear me walking around Court calling myself Priscus, because Mable did not know any better? I literally corrected her in front of all of you and said we would discuss office at the next Meeting. This is the second time I have had a Gangrel compare me to a Lord," his gaze snaps to Dirt Nap, "And if we are going to continue that trend I will address it for the baiting insult that it is. I have money. I can talk. I use those skills. Get the fuck over it."

Once his attention was trained on the country Gangrel, he stands and slowly walks over to him. Rather than posture over the man, he waits for him to stand and look him in the eye, "I am not going to snipe at you from across the room like we are in a knitting circle. But you are going to listen to me," he measures his voice, keeping it civil despite the clear impatience in his body language,

"I know you have not been at this as long as I have, Dirt Nap, but get off your goddamn high horse as you sit in your chair and stare at what is in front of you and pretend you have an ounce of fucking understand between that empty space between your ears. I am sick of you condescending me, asking me if I am drunk at Court and then asking me to clarify if I am a fucking Nazi or racist because I spoke about my knowledge of Control—a skill you are starving for.

You know what it takes? A complete understanding of our place as apex predators in a chain of existence, rather than training a prey animal that is so wired for herd instincts that it is spooked by its own shadow, that it is somehow comparable to the Beast. Whispering to animals is your ego taking flight, Dirt Nap, it just snuck up on you.

Do not rewrite reality. Scribe James was a Supplicant just like the rest of us at the time. I had spoken with the Prince for her to back my play. What the hell did you think that was when she allowed me to have a platform to rip into her old ally that she had previously chosen as her replacement for Clan representation? I had spent the last two months data testing Wood's command of authority. She followed my orders in the field without question. No one stopped me from bullying her in Court, you just watched like you always do. Scribe James and I already had a discussion on his view of the current political climate. The fact that you stood at attention when Mable dismissed us in Court without hesitation told me you were just following the lead.

You know what I did not account for? One of my own Brothers snarling at me behind a Crone to sit down and shut up when another supported my platform by joining the Prince. The room was split, Dirt Nap. Why do you think they stormed out and offered me a drink while you sat and waited for the fucking Crone woman to continue ordering you around? You gave Alessandra an extreme amount of Status right behind Mable because she is Prince of the Invictus? Seriously? After she has openly spoken that she does not care about the Gangrel?"
    he blinks, clearly baffled that the man knew so little but spoke with authority,

"You both told me you wanted nothing to do with Court politics," he nods to Atticus as well, "I literally outlined, piece by piece, what Priscus meant. Unlike you, I actually talked to the other Gangrel. You think I interrupted that meeting just to play with her? After everything I said?" he laughs angrily,

"You know what a title is not worth? Alessandra stepping in with her Hell Hound if anyone started swinging. You were threatening me like a wolf ready to lunge behind a Crone brandishing a weapon. I chose the Covenant over your stupid pride.

Since I do not use claws you implied I was a coward and would watch you die so I could sit on my ass like a Lord. Fuck you.

I will not tolerate that embarrassment again. We are going to have this settled before next Meeting. I know you can rip me in half. If that is what you care about in a leader, then take your stupid blood price instead of calling me the coward."

S
    Steven

Dear @Ordo, Yall want to give me a chance to respond please?

A
    Atticus James

Atticus sands up, and raises his hand, as if waiting to be called on, and then speaks, not actually waiting to be called on. Not really caring if he got sent to the Principle's office either. His stuff was easy to pack. "Hey, Idiots. As the Elder Gangrel in the room, Shut the hell up. Ya'll want to talk about crap Gangrel politics, we can step down stairs, close the cage door and deal with it appropriately. For now, the Gangrel Politics conversation is over." Atticus pauses for a second turns away and then turns back as if he remembered something, "And the next person who calls that kid a Lord," Atticus points to Garrett, not actually knowing how old Garrett is, or really caring for that matter, "or anything but a Gangrel, is answering to me, and that isn't gonna be a good time. He don't need my help, but it's pissing me off none the less. Not all Gangrel live in the woods like the freaking unibomber, ya Tools. He dresses well, so what, Ya ever seen me in a suit, I look damn good. He speaks well, so do you Clay. He's got money, You think the Prince is living in a hovel. All ya'll can sit on your claws and spin." Atticus was pissed, and it was obvious.

Atticus turns to one Lina Moretti and then to Dirt Nap , "Here's what I want to know, and it's simple. And it's conversation we were supposed to have before, but we are here, so we gonna have it now." Atticus wasn't a long winded dude, so this diatribe could be a bit surprising. "First, Clay. I don't want a monologue, or some speech. I want something very simple. It's A or B, Is your loyalty in here, with this." James holds up one finger and makes a circular motion with it, "Or is it out there." He widens the gesture. "Cause it's pretty obvious that the Gangrel politics all you been jerking off all over doesn't mean anything, when the highest ranking and most powerful Gangrel in the damn domain doesn't give a flying crap about the state of her clan. So, Nap, A, or B."

Atticus then turns to the Grand Wyrm, "Grand Wyrm Moretti, You have done more for the Ordo Dracul in Sacramento then most of these kindred know. But I know, and I recognize that. So, with the respect you are owed, explain to me why this entire chapter got punished for your lippy mouth."

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

(Coil of the Beast/Flavor)Vitae 2 Willpower Spent
    PRE

Steely eyes rest on Dirt Nap as he speaks. The weak soft Gangrel before him rattles on, ignoring his point about assisting the Priscus in a situation that she should have settled on. The Bruja's rage is palpable as Dirt Nap continues to feebly backpedal in an attempt to defend his actions. Now Mable was suddenly seen by him as a temporary solution.

It was clear the thin-blood's words were swift causing ol' Cappy to near his boiling point. The Bruja as a whole burned hot and he was no exception. Madcap’s gaze spoke of impending wrath and a desire to destroy even as the Beast within rammed against the locked cage that kept it within.

And it broke. Almost.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-21 14:06:35 Madcap rolls 5 to Resist Frenzy (Comp+Resolve) (10 Again) 4, 3, 2, 1, 4 failure

Madcap stood from his seat, leering at Dirt Nap like a hungry wolf before his Will regained control. Madcap stopped, his eyes closing as one of his fist clenched hard enough to draw blood from his palm. The Bruja was too invested in putting the Beast back where it belonged to will his Vitae away, causing him to bleed. At least for a moment.

A rumbling sigh signaled that the Savage had succeeded in stemming an approaching dive to frenzy. If there was any doubt the man was a Supplicant of Terror… it was gone now. As would likely be any words suggesting he didn’t care for the clan of his Blood.

Moments later, he opened his eyes. The fiery wrath was gone, replaced by cold certainty and control.

“Listen here, you little shitstick,” he said, his gaze landing on Dirt Nap as his words came in even and measured, “The point is you didn’t let the two of them settle it like they were meant to. You say you supported Mable because you didn’t know ol’ Prosper here couldn’t be a leader. The meeting was a chance for him to show you he was Mable’s superior. All you had to do was sit back and watch until one proved dominance over the other. You didn’t do that. Don’t sit there and say you didn’t know Prosper could be a leader when you didn’t give him the chance show you, which was his right as Mable’s challenger.”

Madcap let the statement sit. In supporting Mable outright, Dirt Nap prevented himself from seeing Garrett as a true challenger and his reasons were weak as hell in the eyes of the Bruja. The fact that he didn’t think Garrett was serious about the attempt didn’t help.

“There is more to being a leader than having Claws. Hell, it doesn’t even make a Gangrel,” he continues, “It ain’t always about who’s strongest. You think Bruja’s the strongest one in my Bloodline? Doubtful. He’s the most capable because of all the shit Prosper just said. He gets how things work. If he didn’t the ‘line would have been hunted to a one ages ago.”

Garrett’s rebuke doesn’t go unnoticed. He listens and stays silent for a long moment.

Fair enough, Prosper,” he says as the German lays out the facts that he told Mable the title exchange wasn’t appropriate, “I must have missed that. Apologies.”

The apology was brief, but genuine. His intent wasn’t to compare Prosper to a Lord per se, but rather the way in which the title seemed to be passed around.

Then came Atticus, laying it all out there and bringing out the realization that Madcap had fucked up by bringing up family business here. The Gangrel as a whole burned hot, but the Bruja burned hotter at times and the biker realized he had let his passion get the better of him. He had allowed himself to feed the Beast in the process. He needed to do better.

“Your right, Scribe James,” Madcap admits, though the tone conveys that admitting his fault was difficult for the stubborn Savage, “I’ll cork it… but just because the Prince doesn’t give a damn doesn’t mean we can’t. Still, you’re right. The Ordo comes first. Guess I needed to be reminded of that.”

The Bruja’s tone conveyed he was simmering down. The silent rage was still there on the edges, but Madcap seated himself, pushing it away. Finally, his eyes found Lina.

“Grand Wyrm,” he begins, “I kicked that nest so I feel compelled to apologize. Wasn’t the place for me to bring that shit up and this meeting was to celebrate Scribe James’ success and discuss the Ordo. For my part in pushing the talk elsewhere, I’d like to offer you a trivial boon.”

Then the Scribe spoke again, this time zeroing in on Lina’s punishment. As Atticus laid out his blunt question, Madcap said nothing. He had to watch his own tongue and learn to control himself after all.

Per his Coil, Madcap expends a WP to prevent his impending frenzy. The two Vitae expenditures are as follows: 1V to represent the blood lost during his bleeding and 1V to represent healing the bashing wound.

12. Likes Ruach, Krakenbox liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap stares at Garret Prosper for a long moment. "Supplicant Prosper. I do not believe that I am able to look down on you. And I did offend you in those ways, implying by my questions things about you that...were an offense. And I apologized and offered a boon showing I meant it. And you accepted." he reminds Garret Prosper.

Dirt Nap watches and listens to Madcap, his hands twitching slightly as the enraged gangrel fights off frenzy.

Then Atticus James speaks. Dirt Nap nods, and says simply. "My loyalty is to Study and the Ordo Dracul, Scribe James, before anything or anyone else." he says.

"I have made mistakes. Things that were obvious to everyone but me, I had to be told." he says. "I will keep my mouth shut from here on, unless I know for sure what is best for the Order." he says.

He looks around. "That probably means, if you expect me to say something, you should probably tell me plainly ahead of time, as my instincts for it look to be pretty bad."

C
    Cross

I'm holding until tomorrow for Melissa . Please let her catch up, and then I'll tag in.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.