Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The tunnels of Sacramento weren't the best kept secret, but aside from the occasional curiosity they were often left for the mundane underground networks that they appeared to be. Fawkes had yet to encounter any ghosts, and unnerved the occasional transient to leave well enough alone. He had a decent set up by an Elemental’s standards, with a large area opening up to an abandoned factory site that dismissed the dark and claustrophobia. Damage to the structure was anticipated, the sheer amount of glass was left alone while he had added to it. Cheap mirrors and picture frames littered an unfinished room deeper within the factory floor that was supposed to connect to the network. The open area with a crumbling wall, overgrown with invading brush, has various targets set up to hit in the isolation. Aside from the littering cigarette filters, the area was clear for sparring, unused to having someone who wanted to outside of a smoker. The Fairest had insisted he picked a location when he dodged the notion of going to her gym; he knew it was a little weird, but here he could freely access his talents without breaking their secrets.

Fawkes puffs on a cigarette now that they were in open air. Rather than going about the convoluted exchange of a GPS location and guesswork, he would have lead Seraphina via a drive and a hike through the brush and wild flowers, making small talk.

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She wasn’t sure what she was expecting, but hiking through brush to an abandoned factory wasn’t on the list. But, this was his call, and she was game. And small talk? She could totally do that!

The Nix had come prepared to spar, in loose black sweat pants and a white t-shirt. This was about as casual as she got, no makeup, just her. She carried a gym bag with her, which had a change of clothes, tape for her hands plus some bottles of water.

“How’d you find this place?” she asks, looking around, seeing the glass. Which was curious, but not too curious given how he appeared. But still, she wanted to ask, but wasn’t sure how to yet. He was still new to her and she wasn’t sure what topics made him uncomfortable yet. "Thanks for doing this, been looking forward to it!"
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

The lack if gloss was surprising, which meant she was making an effort to connect. Fawkes even felt a small pang of guilt and his own lack of signaling he could manage, but exposure to his alien hobbies was probably enough. He regards her question as he tosses his jacket on one of the cracked boulders of concrete, wearing the thin black gym shirt that was stark against the chiseled jointed glass. He takes one final drag before flicking the butt into the dirt.

"The tunnels are easy to locate if you Google abandoned sites. I used to make a habit of mapping out the popular 'shady' areas when tagged by the Scarecrows. Deflecting unwanted attention is a simple matter of redirection. I like to come out here when I'm at my limit. What do people call it? Spoons?"

He idly rolls the joints of his fingers and wrists, making sure nothing would jam unexpectedly. Understanding the amount of force and pressure applied to his movements were always something he had to cycle back to.

"Thanks for coming, though... do you have a weapon? I still haven't sworn any Oaths and you've heavily endangered yourself following me out here." He points to the rest of the building, "I could have had people there, ready. Do the others know you're out here?" Autumn training always had came naturally to him. He avoids eye contact as he speaks to try and mitigate the intimidating nature of the question.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“Sounds like you’re always two steps ahead of anyone.” She says looking around. “A smart way to think.” But it seemed like it could be tiring. “Oh, the spoon theory? For how much one is able to do each day, from interacting with others to simply taking a shower.” Were there spoons for not sleeping well?

The bag was set down, and the tape removed. One of her hands was already messed up from that damn mirror, she didn’t need to add more. She began wrapping her hands, being a bit gentler on one of them.

“A weapon?” shaking her head, “Never used one, I was originally trained to only use my fists.” It was easier to get into places without an obvious weapon.

Then he points out the risk she had taken, which she was aware. “You could have, but I wanted to put a little trust in you. And no, I didn’t let anyone know. It sounded like a place you felt most comfortable, and I didn’t want to let anyone else know where it was.” Was she being stupid? Probably. But she had a feeling not many trusted him or put faith in him. She was trying to do that. Had it been a mistake? Taking a hair tie from around her wrist, she began outing her hair up in a messy ponytail. “But you do make some good points, and I’d be stupid to not see the risk I took.” Had she misread him? Was she too trusting? Seemed it was time to find out.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes smooths his hair, taking a breath as he stops the usual diatribe that would spill from his mouth.

"That's very kind," he wasn't sure how he felt about it, shuffling the feeling back into the storm, "I don't want to..." the Elemental struggles to adjust filters, genuinely attempting to return the consideration she was placing for him,

"My feelings shouldn't come before your safety. You should tell those you trust where you're going. I know you're capable of defending yourself, it's just..." he blinks, looking around, not sure what to do with the sudden surge of frustration. She didn't tell her Court? She didn't have a motley? A partner?

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-25 23:50:25 Fawkes rolls 5 to perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 1, 4, 2, 1, 10, 2 1 success

He rapid blinks, noting the bandage, "What happened to your hand?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She has to wonder if he wasn’t used to people being nice to him. Or trusting him.

Don’t want to what, she wonders. But where he didn’t finish it, maybe he wasn’t sure how to. And she didn’t want to push, some people need to open up at their own pace.

“If I truly felt it was dangerous, I would have let someone know.”
    Specifically Rhodes. “But I wanted to put some trust in you. All that being said, I’ll be more careful next time. I guess a fault I have is trying to see the best in everyone, and someday, that’s going to backfire on me.” She could admit when she was wrong about something or making a mistake. “Would it make you feel better if I send someone a text and let them know?” offers the Nix.

“Oh,” glancing at the hand, flexing it, “Had an accident at home moving some things around. Learned I should call people to help me move things.” She says with a small laugh, lying had never been her strong suit.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-26 12:54:37 Seraphina rolls 4 to Not the truth(Wits+Manip) (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 2 1 success
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-26 13:57:49 Fawkes rolls 6 to detect deception (Wits + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 7, 3, 3, 6, 3, 5 failure

Watching for deception was something Fawkes did without thinking, but in this situation his focus was bouncing all over the place. Forgoing a hit had its drawbacks, but the Spear knew a sparring match with that kind of tunnel vision was asking to break something he shouldn't.

"If you truly felt it was dangerous, then you don't go at all," he says flatly. "You do what you want, Sera, I'm not here to dictate what a Spring aristocrat does with her spare time." He allows a soft chuckle, straining with the limits of his expression. He produces a marble and rolls it across his knuckles with a series of rapid clicks,

"If I was a Loyalist I would have tried tricking you into a Pledge ten minutes ago when you were talking about employment opportunities, or cut your Achilles tendon with that pile of smashed bottles we passed. I wasn't calling you dumb, just concerned. Fairest and Darklings are the infiltrators to be watching for, my Seeming just steamrolls the problem."

He takes off his shoes, preferring direct contact with the sand to measure his weight and avoiding a slip.

"How do you want to do this?" he asks plainly. After the alarming amount of trust, he was curious how well the Fairest set her boundaries.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Did she just get away with a lie? This wasn’t expected, this had never happened and made her a bit uncomfortable.

There was a moment when she wasn’t sure how to respond. In a way, she felt like she was in trouble for something. Which had her mind racing to how to fix it. But on the other hand, she knows she did nothing wrong. It was a strange internal battle.

“A Spring aristocrat huh? Have to say, that’s a first.” But she knew she had a strong Mantle, so it fit. Sapphires watch the marble for a moment.

A nod, “I understand. And giving that I was used to infiltrate by my Keeper, I should be more cautious. Consider your warning and concern heard and I’ll be more careful going forward.” He wasn’t wrong, and she knew it.

“Well, the last Lost I sparred with was Quick, and it was pretty much him helping me learn boxing. I use Kung Fu mostly, so I was eager to learn something else. It was done in good fun with a true threat of injury or worse. I’m looking to learn what I need to work on to improve. Does that work for you?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

Active Pledges:

Renewal Required:

PRE

Fawkes cracked his neck, "I meant like...how much are we hitting each other, and how hard? I punch like an Ogre," he explains as he takes a few steps back,

"If you are looking to help increase your pain threshold, I can make it so contact with me will cut you. You need to tell me what you want out of this, so I can do it." He flicks the marble into the air, tracking it before catching it.

He doesn't comment on her previous position. He found digging into Changeling memories usually a disturbing topic for them, or more importantly an unreliable narrative.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

He didn’t look like he would hit that hard. But, looks were deceiving, and one never assumed what their opponent could or couldn’t do.

“Well, I don’t think I hit that hard.”
    She jokes. “I’m fine with you hitting me, in a real fight, one needs to expect they’re going to get hit hard.” She wasn’t some wilting flower.

Pain threshold? Her mind wanders back to what her Keeper used to do, and how she had to learn to not show pain. But that was then, and this was now.

Taking damage from glass was going cut skin, but it was just her hands. Surely, she could pass that off and hide it. Keep the perfect image going.

“I don’t think my tolerance is as good as it used to be, but if that’s something that will help me fight better, lets do it. I want to improve, that’s what I want.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread