Ended
Watch

Cast the First Stone

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Arturo Garcia

Tower Bridge was an old structure in the city, a true historical landmark with a nice path located along the waterfront. To many, traveling the path late at night may seem dangerous with god knows who waiting to try and jump you from the bushes. For Arturo Garcia, and the company he planned to keep tonight he did not think this would be an issue. If anything, any ruffian who may decide to cross them may be the ones in danger.

A fair distance from where he had parked his vehicle the Lord had enjoyed what feelings and sensation the night could provide. He strolled along the winding paved path, polished shoes making an unmistakable click in the night. They matched his simple attire of black slacks and matching jacket with a simple button up white shirt beneath it. He spied the seating area where he had given the Crone instructions to meet him.

Krieg for all he had heard was nothing like the others he had met. Where as the likes of Prosper were social creatures unable to hurt a fly but were dangerous nonetheless, a giant was normally nothing to be trifled with. Hence why it would be a better idea to be on the right side of such a man should a situation arise.

Arturo came to the benches, four of them in a circular patch of concrete facing the path leading from the waterfront. He found one that seemed to be the least grimy, and took a seat. Reaching into his pocket he pulled his phone out, quickly flicking the white light on, which contrasted with the dim orange given off by the lighting posts along the main path and the one behind the benches.

Seeing no news of cancellation on behalf of the Nosferatu, he returned the phone to his jacket and simply waited for the other man to make his dramatically appropriate appearance.

K
    Krieg

The roar of the motorcycle could be heard before he arrived. The massive Haunt was astride an Arch Method 143 Moto 2. The helmeted Hierophant rolled to a stop. He unzipped his black leather jacket, and set the kickstand in place. With the engine switched off, he surveyed the area.

The Nosferatu kept his helmet on as he searched for Arturo. There was always that nagging feeling when meeting a Kindred outside of Court. It was his reason for hosting others at the Farm. It was his home turf.

Once spotting the remarkably well dressed Ventrue, his primitive lizard brain wavered in fear. You fool! his instincts warned him. He calmed that fight-or-flight emotion with a push of effort. Removing his helmet, Krieg approached.

"Arturo," he greeted. "Pleased to meet you." He extended a gloved hand to the Lord. Even with the heat of motorcycle, the Lance could feel a faint trace of the chill of the grave.

A
    Arturo Garcia

The roar of a motorcycle was hard to miss at this time of night, and the Lord was left to wonder who could be causing such a din at this time of night. He disregarded that until the hulking figure dressed in the style of a rider cut through the darkness into the sickly orange glow of the lights. It didn’t take long for him to put two and two together and we soon understand this Worm didn’t have the same instinct of hiding as others of his clan did. Judging by his size he could see the reasoning behind.

As Krieg grew close Arturo would stand to meet him, his own six foot three frame paling in comparison. Offering his right hand, the left remaining in the open and he grasped the Crone’s hand and giving him a couple of firm shakes before releasing and returning to his seat on the bench. At this time of night there were few if any Kine in the area and thus it gave them much of the waterfront to themselves, and some privacy when it came to discussing things. It didn’t hurt that there was enough space around them that if anyone was close enough to heat they would be out in the open.

”A pleasure to meet the man, I have only heard whispers about thus far. Especially seeing as I have heard how many hats you wear in this domain.

He left a moment for the man to respond before feeling that it was time to cut to the chase. This was not a normal meeting that Arturo would make, but the circumstances called for such.

”Now, I assume you have already deduced this is no mere social call. Otherwise we would be pretending to share drinks somewhere a little more lively. But here we are, in the dead of night, with a cold wind off the river assailing us. A Lord and a Haunt, a Lance and a Crone.”

He was sure to use shifted terminology from how he normally referred to the Nosferatu, to keep things civil and his suit clean.

”Despite all that makes us traditional opposites, we have something in common. We are left wayside when discussing strength of covenant, and even so strength of clan.”

The Ventrue were doing fine number wise but were an utter hodge podge of covenant. The Nosferatu numbered one from what he had seen. Unless there were fifty more simply obfuscated in the shadows.

”I wanted to be the first to extend an olive branch, ensure that petty difference wouldn’t further cripple either of our chances to advance our clan or covenants while we look up at the tower with the dragon coiled around it.”

He had warred with the Crone, and had had many disagreements with Nosferatu, and right now he could afford neither. Savages, Dragons, the Conspiracy all with considerable will. Plus it made sense, the giant he spoke with was one of the best established members of the domain with ties to none of those.
    ”So while I come offering peace, a truce to ensure we don’t step on one another's toes. I am also a willing ally so long as I am not left hungry at the end, and if you are tired of being seen as simply the big one that can be changed.

Fortune favors the bold.

”I respect your positions to the point to not belittle you with small talk and lip service. If all we agree upon here tonight is neutrality I am happy, but if you are wanting more than I have all evening to talk.”

Everyone had dreams.

K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded, shaking the man's hand in return. "I have heard a bit of yourself as well. For a long while, Adam was the only Lance in the Domain."

The giant Nosferatu held his helmet in his left hand. It was large even by the standards of typical motorcyclists. He slowly sat down on the bench, gradually applying more of his weight. Countless interactions of furniture conditioned him to test their structural integrity as he lowered himself down.

"It is good to meet someone who is direct to the point." He had grown a bit weary of playing host as of the last few months. "You have valid points. For the longest time, it was only myself as an Acolyte. Now, I am the sole Haunt."

An olive branch? "How unexpectedly fortuitous. I accept your proposal of peaceful affairs." It was one less problem for him to worry about.

"As far as I am aware, this has always been the case. The Invictus have controlled Sacramento for ten years. The Dragons have enjoyed an alliance in all but formal ratification."
    He considered the Holy Lord's words.

"What do you wish to do with regards to the two major powers?"

A
    Arturo Garcia

The big man was amenable, excellent. Any who thought him a fool were probably not longed for the danse, so Arturo continued to tread with care but at least blind aggression was off the table.

”The conspiracy exists because of raw strength, and fails to truly exert itself except in moments of reaction. While I would never wish harm on a fellow Lance the previous court tells one about as much as they need to know about the status of who hold the power. Dragons? Too many for their own good, with the head accumulating power and title and exercising both with only the need of a rubber stamp. I am not afraid of either of these groups, but worry they may end up tripping over their own tails and stumbling into our affairs.”

Arturo, who had been looking off into the distance turns to face his fellow kindred, who had most definitely displaced the bench, a friendly smile across his face.

”I also think that there are misconceptions within the domain. Are other covenants and clans left to feel smaller than others? Certainly, but when it comes to matter of voice any covenant only has one, as is the case with any clan. In the near future I predict I will be speaking officially for the Lance, so that would give me a formal voice in this court. One voice, Yourself? You speak as Haunt, as Crone, as Regent from what I hear. I figured if I risked making strong enemies by speaking out against the establishment, I would be best to have a strong ally.”

Again there was no denying the status that Krieg had carved out for himself. It was a respectable feat that few in the Domain could claim equal to, yet he was so often left out of the discussion of authority and prestige it seemed. So much more focus was placed on the Conspiracy and the Grand Wyrm in particular.

”This is all my personal thoughts, mind you, and I have no ill will or negative wishes towards any of these individuals.”

There was no need to bait a final death.

”There are things that I believe could be done to cage those who may be over stretching still, in order to maintain the health of the Domain that is.”

He put the offer out there, he didn’t want to compromise his new friend.

K
    Krieg

"They are a dime a dozen," he agreed. "I credit Lina with her initial recruitment drive. Yet, somehow, they are arriving in droves." He breathed in and exhaled slowly, "Lina holds all the cards, I do not dispute that. Lina focuses on keeping the Domain safe. This is how she ensures that she is a pillar of the community."

"However, I think she is enjoying her comfortable position as the power-behind-the-throne. Hell, if I was in such a cushioned position, I would do whatever it took to remain there."
    As far as the Pagan Nosferatu, it was obvious.

More of his thoughts came to the surface. "Atticus and Dirt Nap are amiable, both are Savage Dragons." His right foot tapped rhythmically. "The Prince's outright refusal for any Prestation offered bothers me." As an after-thought, he followed with, "Oh yes, that is right. Words from the wise. She does not trade in Boons as a matter of some unknown personal principle."

"I have no issue with the rest of the Invictus. Rebecca is doing what she must. Despite how friendly she appears, actions speak louder than words."

He contorted his lips in thought, "I do not wish to rattle the Dragon's nest. Sheer numbers and Lina's social standing can easily stamp out any threat. As for the Invictus, I am trying to recover from a massive loss of face. Mostly my fault, I own that. However, it is a very uphill battle with a stubborn Prince."

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Battles are only uphill if you let your enemy dictate the field. There are more non-dragons then there are dragons, and eventually even the Conspiracy will have to choose whether they cow or assert themselves, which would be likely to cause its own problems. However, I will pose a question.”

He leaned back on the bench, measuring the Nosferatu’s movements and mannerisms. Taking in the valuable information about prestation - not participating? That was interesting, a disgrace, but interesting.

”Whether or note one seeks to remove or avoid the wasps nest, it is best to know where it is. I know from my interactions with Dragons they tend to keep the address close to the chest. You wouldn’t happen to know such information, would you?”

He smiled as he spoke.

”If you want leverage, I would use what resources you have to suss out the information. Once it is out there it is not something that can be easily moved, especially considering the additions our kind tends to add to our homes. It would simply leveling the”

They may as well try to figure out where everyone was on the board, rather than let the fog of war rule them.

K
    Krieg

The Lance posed an interesting thought. "Even if Lina never challenged Ale, the question remained - would Ale feel the need to remind the Domain that she was in charge - even if only nominally?" He pursed his lips thinking about the possibilities. "That would be an interesting scenario."

The Haunt shook his head, "I know precious little. They once held a slight majority of the Prisci, albeit for a short while. My own predecessor was in their training before disappearing. Still, they are ingratiating themselves into positions of power through effective service."

His face contorted in momentary angst. Mable, you lost control at the worst possible time.

"Beyond that, I have not seen any implications of making life harder for the rest of us. As best as I can tell, they just want security for their own mysterious ritual work."

"As for resources on other Kindred here, I don't have any requests yet."

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Control is like being choked. You may only feel the gentle caress of the fingers around your throat and by the time you realize what is happening the grip has tightened, air can no longer reach your lungs, and you are flailing against a grip that has never been more difficult to break. Not the most apt metaphor considering our condition, but it carries the spirit. To lay idol is to invite doom.”

“What I can say is that there are pivotal positions in play, and I am not eager to see yet another Dragon claim another title of note. It is to my understanding that it was a member of your own covenant that lost - by means of breaking - Elysium. Unfortunate. It is not the end, however. While the Prince at this point uses some very obtuse methods of selecting a new Keeper I feel such requirements could be broken down with enough support from clans and covenants.”

“May I suggest speaking with your own covenant member Thomas about his interest in the position. He does not carry the baggage of Mabel Wood but is very skilled. Should he want to pursue it, and comes with the confidence of the Priscii of the Nosferatu, Gangrel and Ventrue, as well as blessings of the Crone and Lance we may be able to erase some of the rather unfortunate requirements. I am sure it is appointment that you, a Crone, would have - nor would I, a Lord, object. Touch base, and let us see how we can help one another.”

Compromise was something that had to be given, and sometimes issues needed to be pressed. Hopefully suggestions from the giant would help push the most favorable party forward, and allow a small victory for those not under the umbrella of the Grand Wyrm.

He was paying close attention to the Haunt’s expressions, noting them between his exchanges. It was unfortunate the deputy did not know more about their mutual rival, but that could come in time. He was sure the Hierophant had angles he could press.

”If you can find me that address, I am more than amiable to offer prestation in exchange.”

A sweetener.

”Unless you have more you would like to ask me, I do not see any reason to hold up your night any longer.”

K
    Krieg

"That is a very valid consideration. I had nudged Rebecca to have him become her Whip, yet, having Thomas as Keeper would be most beneficial." He nodded in agreement.

"I'll see what can be done about the Chapterhouse. Beyond that, I have nothing else to ask of you."
    He held his hand out to shake, "A prosperous night indeed."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.