Ended
Watch

The Fairest Tavern

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

It is clear Abraham has been in the vicinity of the Tavern for some time. The first clue is his clothing - not only is it much more toned and simpler than usual, with dark greens and browns dominating, but also - despite his best efforts - some evidence of his Hedge trip remains visible to a keen observer. A lone leaf here. A tear there.

Then there's the sword, unsheathed and casually placed on the counter.

And finally, there's everything else. The smell of cooked meat and herbs, the crackling flames of the hearth... and the movement, for the Knight-Errant is rather busy uncorking the wine, fixing plates and wooden cups, and generally making sure everything is in order for his talk with Seraphina . It's not even a selfish thing - if his reception by the Spring Queen is any indication, the Emerald Court of Sacramento has a high standard of hospitality. It'd be wrong to lower it.

So there he is, whistling a tune, waiting for the Joyeux.

Hunting
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-14 12:32:38 [06] Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Hunting (Wits + Survival) (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 7, 7, 7 1 success
    2019-03-14 12:32:38 [05] Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Hunting (Wits + Survival) (10 Again) 2, 3, 3, 5, 7, 4 failure
    2019-03-14 12:32:38 [04] Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Hunting (Wits + Survival) (10 Again) 6, 3, 1, 3, 3, 6 failure
    2019-03-14 12:32:38 [03] Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Hunting (Wits + Survival) (10 Again) 1, 3, 1, 7, 2, 6 failure
    2019-03-14 12:32:38 [02] Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Hunting (Wits + Survival) (10 Again) 10, 10, 8, 8, 9, 8, 9, 5 7 successes

@%1;

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She hadn’t been to the Tavern since the Dream training. And realizes she should visit it more often.

With the weather getting warmer, she opted for a suede wrap skirt and black bell sleeved fitted shirt. Her new pair of boots were paired with the outfit, as well as her hedgespun necklace. Which came to life in an ever changing rainbow of colors in the Hedge.

Walking into the room, she first noticed the delicious smell of something cooking. A smile appears as she sees Abraham busy at work.

She hated to disturb him, “I had no idea this meeting included a meal!” says the Nix with a smile, “But it smells amazing.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

The whistle is cut in half as the Flowering sees Seraphina enter "Sera! Stunning as always - please, take a seat"

When the Joyeux compliments the smell Abraham nods and shrugs slightly, which is his way of saying 'oh, it's nothing' "It's never a bad time to enjoy good food in a better company, that's what I always say. I hope you are not on a diet, though, because cooked catoblepas counts as a cheat week" As he speaks, the Fairest doesn't stop for a moment. Within a minute, the table is outfitted with plates, cutlery and a large platter with cut meat. There are also cups and an open wine bottle "I think a bit of red goes best with it, but if you uprefer soemthing else, I'm sure it's there" It was a Tavern, after all.

The catoblepas is delicately sweet, with a sharp, clear aftertaste provided by the dark spots around it - which a connaisseur will be quick to recognize as crushed juniper berries.

"So, I'm on a bit of a quest" Abraham starts explaining once everyone is comfortable "to get to know everyone here without the need of doublespeak. And as you can imagine, having the strongest connection to Spring prioritizes you over others" He pauses, then continues "There's also a project brewing in my mind that we could try to pull off together... possibly with the help of Sasha... I mean Queen Sasha, as well. And a minor thing regarding the Tavern"

"It's a lot, as you can see. I can't even decide which one to cover first - any suggestions?" A smile appears, playful and roguish.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Smiling, “Why thank you!” a girl always loves a compliment.

Walking over to the table, she pulls out the chair and sits, watching Abraham as he worked.
    Laughing, light and musical, “Oh I don’t diet.” Shaking her head, “I just bust my butt at the gym, but never diet.” Hell no! Looking to the wine, she shakes her head again but with a soft smile, “I don’t drink, but thank you. I think water will be ok, and don’t let me stop you from having any.”
    She had to remember that not everyone knew she didn’t drink. Not that is was a huge thing to her.

“A quest you say? That’s always exciting!” eagerness in her voice, it was like an adventure, and she loved those.

“Me?” she knew her connection to Spring was strong, “But shouldn’t our Monarch be a priority? I’m sure she’s more interesting than I am.” Plus she was the Monarch.

“And a project?” this was going to be a fun meeting.

The smile was returned, “Well, that is a lot to cover.” She agrees with a nod, “My suggestion would be to go with whatever is more interesting to you right now. I’m fine with all the topics.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"I make a point of not drinking alone. It's not good for the soul" He says, removing the wine from the table. Oh well, if he can make a marinade out of this then it won't be wasted after all. Not that he knows how to make a good marinade, but it's not a detail that can stop him.

"It is" the quest thing, he means "What kind of knight-errant would I be if I wasn't constantly chasing after something?" The title may seemstrange to some, even disparaging in some contexts, but Abraham has learned to wear it with pride.

"We have met when I first arrived, in fact it happened right outside - we had a picnic, if you can believe it" Now that's a fond memory "I was meaning to seek her out, in fact I did, but haven't seen her in months. It's a bit concerning, to be honest. You haven't heard from her?" Might be the Vernal Sovereign took a bit of a vacation. Might be that she's dead... or worse.

Abraham is glad to see his 'agenda' for this meeting piqued the other Fairest's interest. Then again, it probably didn't take much - the Treasured seemed like a curious sort "Yes, a project" The Flowering confirms as he finishes pouring them both cups of water from a jug "But I'll get to it later. For now, I'll just mention the Tavern business for us to munch over while we eat and talk about other things"

"So, there's this new Spring Courtier in town, by the name of Exegesis - polished amber skin, starry eyes, stands out even for our kind - and he asked me if the Tavern has a name. And then I realized that it doesn't, at least none I know of. So, I'm thinking we should - I mean the Spring - decide if we want a name, and what should it be" There are a couple that come to mind, but like always with these things, group effort produces the best results.

"Oh, is that Hedgespun?" He has to physically restrain himself from pointing at the medallion. The changing colors have a dazing quality to them "Did you make it yourself?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Frowning, “Sorry.” And she meant it.

Smiling once again, “Do you enjoy being a knight-errant? Sounds like it must keep you busy.” She says. "Mind of I ask how you became one?" it could be considered nosey.

“Really?! A picnic here in the Hedge?! Consider me jealous! How was it?” sounds like something that could be fun, with a mixture of danger as well. Perfect! Shaking her head, “I haven’t, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t around. While it is concerning, I’m sure if there was a problem, she would have let someone know. Ingrid isn’t a fool.” She had faith that their Queen was fine.

She smiles gratefully he poured the water, taking a sip.

“Oh,” she says glancing around the Tavern, “it doesn’t! I never even thought about it. It should have a name.” everything needed a name. “Maybe we can reach out to the rest of the Court and see what they think. Then everyone can come up with a name and we can select the perfect one! With how much it’s grown, it deserves a name.” she nods.

A hand touches the necklace, as she grins, “It is Hedgespun and I did make it. I’ve been trying to get more into Hedgespinning, but it’s a difficult craft to get into. But I keep trying! I hope someday to carve myself out a piece of the Hedge and be able to make things for friends.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

At the Nix's apology, Abraham simply waves dismissively and smiles. No sense in crying over spilled wine.

"Of course I enjoy it! There's something to do every day - lend a shoulder to cry on, hunt monsters in the Hedge, spin a good word to convince an evildoer to make the right choice... or, you know, hit those that are hard of hearing with a shovel" He chuckles, evidently amused "The retirement plan is not very good, but even if I end up as briar wolf food somewhere on the way, there's a good chance I'll live on in tales, so there's that" Admittedly, it's not a line of work for everyone, but Abraham finds it rewarding.

"As for how I became one... I have my Keeper to thank for that. Before I was an aspiring actor - 'aspiring' being the operative word - but apparently good or desperate enough to attract His attention. He was fascinated by RPGs and miniature wargames of the mundane world, having a thing for D&D especially. Turns out, he needed a knight slash bard for his scenarios. Next thing I know, my skillset includes swordfighting and wilderness survival. Fast forward until after I escaped, I realized these talents can be used to defend others, in order for them to pursue their Desires. And here I am"

The Flowering thinks for a moment on how to best describe the picnic experience "It showed ingenuity, that's for sure. I doubt any other Sovereign would think to do something like that, which makes me that much prouder to serve Spring here" A bite of the meat vanishes from his plate "Did she ever disappear like that? All I'm saying is there might be a problem that Ingrid may not want us to 'worry about', or some such silliness. Then again, I'm hoping our Queen just went on some extended vacation"

He nods, content his suggestion gained traction "We should meet at some point, the whole Court. I think there'll be more to talk about than just the Tavern's name"

It seems this Freehold is teeming with craftsmen... and women. Good thing, that. These are rare skills few possess "If you are looking to get more into it, then maybe Exegesis can help you? He is a leatherworker, and a skilled one at that, if his shop is any indication" Then Abraham notices that up to this point the conversation has been mostly about him, which was definitely not the plan.

"Many here seem to have a history of travels. Are you a traveller too, or a Sacramento local?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was obvious interest on her face as she listens, “It does sound very exciting! Especially hunting monsters in the Hedge! And a shovel?!” she laughs, “I do have to admit, you tell amazing stories. I’ve actually been working on singing stories, well, only one so far, but yah.” A shrug.

“Maybe you’ll be one of those knights that survives everything that comes at you, and will get to tell those tales until your old age.” Ever the optimist.

“An actor huh?” then a smirk and nod, “I can see that.” Which to her was a compliment. “So the sword isn’t just for show? How good are you with it?” a hint of eagerness in her voice. “And I think it’s great that you’ve found a way to put those skills to use.” She says as she cuts into the meat.

Nodding, “Our Queen certainly is full of surprises and ingenuity.” Ingrid had been an excellent leader for them. Shaking her head, “I can’t remember her doing this before. And should it be something she doesn’t want us to worry about, I’m sure it will eventually come out. But if that’s the case, you can’t fault her for wanting to handle it herself. Sometimes it’s easy for us to forget we have people who will gladly help us. I’m always having to remind myself that I don’t have to face things alone anymore.” But it was a hard thing to stop.

Taking a bite, she eagerly nods, “Oh yeah. With new Springs in town, it’d be great to get together and get to know each other.”

Pointing at the meat, “This is delicious!” she gushed.

“I have some knowledge, I learned from a friend who used to reside here. She made me the jacket I usually wear. Her talent was undeniable. She even had her own workshop in the Hedge. I wanted to learn as much as I could from her, but she got called away.” So goes life.

“I’m not a local, but I haven’t really traveled a whole lot. I mean, I’m from a very small town in the middle of nowhere. And while I did travel a bit before as a kid, I’d hardly call myself a traveler. And you?"
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

It is now his turn to look boundlessly interested "You do realize that now that you mentioned it you must show it? I mean, that's the rule" Nevermind that 'the rule' was made up by Abraham two seconds ago. Still, not much resistance in this matter is expected from the Nix.

The Siren's optimism brings a smile to the knight's face "Maybe. Still, natural causes are not how I'd like to go"

"No, the sword isn't just for show, as many of those I faced have found out the hard way. As for how good I'm with it - good enough to put dinner on the table. It's not like it can be bought at a supermarket" he motions to the steaming meat "Also, good enough to do this" Without warning, the Flowering stands up from the table, walks up to the unsheathed sword and grabs it, pulling something from his pocket with the other hand.

"For my next trick, I will cut this coin in twine mid-air!" he announces loudly, as if talking to a much larger audience, in a much larger room "Observe!" sprung from his palm, the quarter flies up like a firefly, and one lightning-fast movement later a single shiny object becomes two, now safely resting in his free hand. The sword is put back.

"Is that a satisfying answer?" Abraham says with a proud undertone to his voice, returning to the table and placing the twined coin between their plates.

As for the next remarks, the Flowering is content to listen, nodding in agreement from time to time, until a time comes to answer a question of his own origins "L.A. native. I traveled a bit for work Before and After, but somehow always got pulled back there. But this time I think I left for good"

"So, I wonder... when Sera isn't 'Spinning, or attending Garden Grounds, what does she do for fun?"

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-17 08:58:13 Abraham Norton rolls 12 to Weaponry roll (10 Again) 4, 10, 1, 6, 1, 9, 7, 7, 2, 8, 9, 5, 9 5 successes

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Laughing and shaking her head, “Like I said, it’s still in the works. I haven’t figured out the perfect notes for each word and section yet. It’s considered a poem, so I’m try to come up with a good flow of the words to bring it to life. So if I were to attempt it, it wouldn’t sound good at all.” She warned.

“Really? Well, I guess it’s better to go out doing something you love than sitting in a chair remembering those times.”
    Retirement wasn’t for everyone.

Sapphires watch him stand and grab the sword, curious to what he was going to do.

Her eyes then widen at the trick and she claps, “Wow! That was amazing!” she gushed, clearly impressed. Nodding, “That is a very satisfying answer! Quite impressive!” seemed he would be quite the opponent.

“L.A. huh? I’ve only been there briefly, but there seems to be a lot to do and see. Anything L.A. has that you miss?” she enjoyed getting to know people.

“For fun? Hmm, lets see.” She looks thoughtful for a moment, “I enjoy reading, and find it quite relaxing, training at the gym, watching movies, designing new looks for Garden Grounds, shopping at local flea markets for unique trinkets and what not.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.