(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

On one of the shelves sat two vases, no flowers in them, but they were filled with an ashy substance.

The wall behind the seating area had a painting on display, called The Young Martyr. Which had only recently arrived.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, new chairs actually. They looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Ale was seated in one of the chairs around the coffee table. A folder open in her lap, a fairly large Rottweiler laying at her feet. Her attire was very casual, a bright green tank top and black leather pants. Hanging off the chair was a duel holster, each side with a .357 and a spare clip.

The door to the office stood open.
    Jacque Killian
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque walks through the Nox and to the Prince's office. As always, he wore a vest but chose to fold his overcoat over an arm as he made his way inside. His tie was folded into an ascot, and tucked under the vest.

Seeing the door open, Jacque lightly rapped on the door to signal his arrival before making his way to the coffee table. The short distance felt like wading helplessly against the current of a river, the Beast wanting nothing to do with the Italian Savage that rests in wait. He takes in the decor, smiling at the shadow boxes and displays, but most of all his eyes linger on the displayed painting. He forces the coward within to silence as he offers a studious bow to the Prince.

Gesturing to an open chair opposite of her, "Good evening Prince Antinori, may I?"

With the Prince's blessing he makes himself comfortable in the chair, "I enjoy the choice in your decor. The butterflies contrast well against the theme." He offers another smile before continuing, "I know that we will be discussing matters of politics this evening" he pauses briefly as his gaze is naturally drawn to the Rottweiler at her feet before continuing. "I feel we've developed a decent rapport since my arrival in your Domain and I wish to keep it that way. Matters of politics, much like faith, can inspire very passionate responses in individuals so I find it my be beneficial to explain my intentions before we start. Secrecy and backroom whispers often provide the ideal environment to propagate rumor and subsequently spread ignorance."

Placing a hand over his vest, "I am a truth seeker, through and through. I read countless books and seek knowledge and perspective because it is the only way to adequately dispel my own ignorance. I ask questions to that aim, some of which may or may not feel pointed or especially with matters of faith, rude. Should you ever feel that I am encroaching on a topic or series of questions that you do not wish me to continue with, you need only say so and I will not push the issue," he concludes offering another bow of his head.

Shrugging lightheartedly, "Now, I have absolutely no idea if we'll even encounter that at all this evening but as I said, I truly value the rapport we've built with each other so I'd rather be overly prudent with the unknown as opposed to regretting doing so later."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

For once, it was the knock, not the presence of a Beast, that caught her attention. Which was a welcome change.

Seemed he enjoyed dressing up, she thinks with a smirk.

“A good evening to you as well Mr Jacque, and yes, please.” Cain had lifted his head, his murderous gaze watching the Lord intently. The folder was closed and set on the table.

“Thank you, a relaxing hobby I picked up years ago. I need to get some new ones up here soon, but I haven’t found the right display for them yet.” That was the hard part for her, the display.

She had to laugh, “Mr Jacque, I welcome questions and opinions. While there are things that offend me, politics isn’t typically one of them. So please, feel free to ask what you wish.” She then nods, “There are a lot of rumors out there, and the only way to dispel them is for others to ask questions.” A shrug.

“And if I don’t want to answer something, I won’t.” there was a smirk.

“Being cautious is always a good thing. Though you’ll find the more you talk with me, the more I value openness and people being blunt.”
    Fancy words to dance around a topic pissed her off to no end.

“So please, what’s on your mind?”
    the Savage then seems to relax.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Now there's the real contrast, he thought to himself as she explained her hobby. He had an urge to pursue that further, but ultimately decided to save it for future conversation.

He grins, "That is refreshing to hear. Truth be told, I detest tip-toeing through the tulips to get to a point. It is such an inefficient use of time."

"I suppose a good place to start with understanding the politics of this Domain would be to talk about the first audible scandal that occurred after my arrival. Priscus Mable Wood. I did do a little sleuthing on my own and discovered much of what I did not know at the time the disagreements started. To my understanding there is a man who now sleeps who was unpopular with the court. The nature of how the Torpor was inflicted upset Priscus Wood and she subsequently loss control of her Beast, which broke not one but two of your Laws. She was punished by you in accordance, but it was what happened afterwards that is the subject of my political question."

Jacque takes a moment to adjust in his chair before continuing, "During your next court after the incident, Harpy Simmons offered praise in regards to how Priscus Wood interacted with newcomers of your clan as Priscus. It was at this point that shit hit the fan so to say. I completely understand the denouncements that Mable received in light of breaking your laws but the mixed reactions of praise and denouncement to the Harpy was where I still lack clarity."

He smiles gesturing an open hand to the Prince, "What am I missing?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “Speaking my language now. I’ve never been good with the whole small talk thing, would rather say what I need to, then move on. But, politics sometimes require it.” Which she hated.

Ah, the Mable thing.

It was clear she was listening, nodding here and there, taking in his words and thoughts.

“You would be referring to Mr Davis, a Daeva and member of the Invictus. He had some issues with Invictus etiquette and just seemed to keep digging that hole. He was put into torpor in a fight with some poachers, and rests in a closet we have for Kindred in his state.” Yeah, they had a torpor closet, it was a thing. “She was upset with how the poacher, Ms Green, talked about what happened, you see, he fired first, prompting the fight. What her attachment was to him, I don’t know, and quite frankly don’t care.” Not her problem. “Not only lost control but displayed her Claws, in front of me.” Grounds for ashing. “But I digress.”

Smirking, “Ah, that whole thing. You see, offering praise for a Kindred who not only broke my Laws, but was punished, is a way of saying you value them more than myself. Harpy Simmons and I talked, and I provided her with the full story of events, and my thoughts on her words. Once she was made aware of what had happened, her tune changed, as you saw. In Kindred politics, who you back and support can either end any prospects you once had, or bolster you. Others will wonder where your loyalties are and avoid you out of how it would make them look.” A shrug. “So sometimes it’s best to know all the facts before offering someone public praise.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding in understanding as the Prince filled in the details, "I see. It seems that the position of Harpy comes with the added responsibility of needing to know all the affairs of the Domain in advance. As in this case, the Harpy set the platform for discussion on Priscus Wood high. You then expressed your displeasure with that evaluation and the rest of the Domain became split between those who knew what was going on, those who did not know or those who didn't know but worked under someone who did and chose to support their position out of trust."

He ponders a moment before adding, "Yes, that does make much more sense. Initially, it had appeared as if Sheriff Moretti was seeking a deeper punishment of Priscus Wood and anyone who would support her. It seemed that way because I noticed most of the denouncements of Harpy Simmons came from Deputies and Dragons... save for yourself. Still, that level of influence makes it a very unforgiving arena in the future should one be ignorant of a critical detail or caught off guard." He would need to make sure he's diligent enough not to ever make a similar mistake.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Traditionally the Harpy sets the tone for who is accepted and who isn’t. So it’s in her best interest to know everything that is going on.” Meant Rebecca needed to know everyone and where everyone stood. Shrugging, “Someone who breaks the Laws should not be spoken highly of, and I have no issues setting things right. And yes, those who didn’t know went with someone they knew and trusted to guide their words.”

Nodding, “It may have appeared that way, and if that was her intent, it wasn’t going to happen. I issued the punishment myself and considered the matter resolved. But it is important to know who supports someone breaking the Laws. It’s actually quite revealing.” Could show alliances worth keeping an eye on.

Chuckling with another nod, “Yes, it is unforgiving. As is most politics, but Kindred politics take it to a whole new level. It’s a lesson everyone can and should learn from. Is this a level of politics you’re not familiar with?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Considering the Prince's question he responds, "The concept is not unfamiliar but as you said, this is a whole other level. As a lawyer, I had to be acquainted with the latest news, scandals and rumblings so I could keep a step ahead of the storm. Failure to do so would put my clients or even myself at risk. My issue here is that I quite literally walked into the storm by the coincidental timing of my arrival to your Domain. As such, I was not familiar with all of the moving pieces and their motives to assess the situation on the fly." He wasn't green, but he also wasn't prepared to walk into the middle of an event when he hadn't seen it develop.

He thinks on the points that have already been made briefly before continuing, "To remedy those shortcomings I've invested a significant amount of my time getting to know the Kindred of the Domain. As someone who is unaligned to any particular covenant, I have the unique advantage of a less reserved conversation with other leaders." He smirks before adding, "It is almost reflexive that they are more open with viewpoints and have a tendency to leave attractive breadcrumbs to try and lure a prospect to their ranks. Everything that I shared with you was a product of those conversations as I knew nothing aside from what Harpy Simmons announced publicly during February's court." It was a humble brag, but it was important to establish that he was capable of keeping up with the political landscape now that he's rooted himself deep in it.

Glancing up with an epiphany, "That actually leads me to my next question. I had heard that members of the Movement are typically, if not stereotypically, at odds with those of your own covenant. These happen to be the last two that I have yet to schedule meetings with, but I was having trouble locating any noteworthy presence with the Movement. For the Invictus, you have all had a strong presence in Domain leadership so it has been quite difficult to settle upon an appropriate person to reach out to. Do you have any suggestions for either?"

He smiles, waiting for the response. He could easily be either enjoying the conversation or reminiscing of an evening not long ago where he had attempted to learn more of the Invictus and got much more than he had bargained for.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She wonders if that’s how the new faces felt walking into a Formal Court only to witness an execution?

“Ah, well, not all Courts are as exciting as that one was. Most are quiet.”
    There was a knowing smile. “Do you miss being in a court room?” if she remembered right, he wasn’t currently practicing.

“Being unaligned has its benefits. I spent a majority of my Danse unaligned, people are more willing to talk to you and open up.”
    Funny how that worked. “Seems like you’ve found a nice way to get to know everyone, without any strings. And I can’t fault your reasoning.”

A nod, “That is typically how it goes. They violate and go against every principal and organizational structure we strive for. They empower in those who are younger, not powerful and without experience. To them, it’s about equality, which only serves to weaken them. Now, I try and treat other Kindred equally, but I won’t put someone in the position of Sheriff just because I want to give them the chance and like them. No, I put someone in that position who demonstrates not only strength, but a level head. Not every Kindred is created equal.”

Chuckling, “Well, the Movement historically hasn’t lasted long within the Domain. In the many years I’ve been here, I’ve never seen more than a handful of them at a time. And just as quickly as they appear, they leave.” A shrug, “Not sure why, no one’s ever stopped them from placing roots and establishing themselves. The last Carthian I knew, who would be worth talking to, is Ashley Cohen. She is also a Lord, but is one of the few Carthian’s I’ve met that has a level head on her shoulders.” She liked the blonde.

“As for the Invictus? I would suggest Judex Twist. She has been in the Domain and the Invictus the longest, and as such, would be able to answer your questions the best. Though I can also answer any questions you might have as well.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smiles, "You know, I actually do. I became very good at reading body language and picking out lies. You're often pitted against the best of your peers practicing the same craft. There was always a satisfaction in piecing together the complex puzzles of what plaintiffs and defendants testified followed by a battle of wits with lives and reputation on the line."

Chuckling, "Come to think of it, I realize now that I used those same skills in my talks with the covenants. I can be fairly blunt with some questions, and then there's purposefully blunt. Questions or statements designed to test whether someone is going to bullshit you or simply tell you how it is. It elicits an emotional reaction so the subject of the question is distracted and less concentrated on adequately masking false responses. The lips may lie freely but your body cannot naturally do so with ease."

Returning to the subject of the Invictus, "Mainly the questions I would ask are around goals and motivations. You mentioned that they strive for organizational structure and alluded to some principals they may have. Is there anything more detailed you can offer from your perspective? Typically with a covenant that is more religious in nature I would inquire more into what beliefs drive them, but I have a suspicion that the Invictus are not driven by faith", he wasn't going to pry too much but he did not want it to mistakenly appear as if he did not value the Prince's perspective.

"I would be delighted to have an opportunity to speak with Judex Twist." He ponders a moment before adding an inquiry, "If it is not a burden, Prince Antinori, with someone of her esteem would you be willing to send an advance notice of my request to meet? I am unsure how busy she may be but it should lend itself well to scheduling if it was known that it would be a continuation of our own conversation."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread