Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Gangland) The War Room

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Cross

There was time. The Kindred assigned to investigate the vampire known as Martinez through the restaurant, Fuego, needed to take it to figure out their plan... unless they wanted to simply do it live.

A meeting room at Elysium was open for their use.

This is a legwork and planning thread for the next steps in Gangland Rhapsody. If you folks don't wish to use it, please just let me know and I'll move things forward.
    Vassagon Strong King shinjidai

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Equipment: Laptop, Smartphone, Athletic Shoes, Spyware, WiFi Sniffer, Keystroke Logger, Handcuffs, Voice Disguiser, Bugs, Bug Sweeper, Wiretap, Hidden Camera, Tracking Device, Lock Picks

Absolutely would Derek wish to sit down with these unfamiliar Kindred to flush out a plan. He heads to the meeting room with a majority of his equipment in tow in a laptop bag and metal case housing his various gadgets since he has no idea what they'll need. He sets up his laptop, connecting to the WiFi, and sits down at the meeting table awaiting the others.

Once they arrive he will sit up and introduce himself properly. "Hello. Just so we're clear, my name is Derek Mitnick of Clan Mekhet. I have a background in computers and experience compromising computer security systems which has give me some comforts during my Requiem. I'll be applying these skills to this task. So, what we know so far. Diego Martinez, a.k.a., The Accountant. Owner of the restaurant, Fuego. We have a number to an answering service that represents him. These details were acquired by Harpy Simmons from the Prince's compromised subordinate."

"If no one objects, I'd like to spend some time to see what online presence the Fuego and Diego Martinez has on the web. Perhaps during that time, if any of us have any outside help we want to tap into, now would be a good time."

The normally timid Mekhet is quite thorough and detailed in his communications, but his shaking hands betray his panic. How they performed tonight would reflect either good or poorly on him. He doesn't have a Sheriff holding his hand throughout this task.

It's only a recon mission. Only recon...

A
    Arturo Garcia

Just noticed the tag on my profile, will post at as soon as I can! Sorry!

A
    Arturo Garcia

Equipment: Heavy canvas bag, binoculars, machete (all currently in vehicle outside of Elysium)

”While it may be minor, it may come as a surprise that I from Mexico, so if there is a language barrier it shouldn’t be difficult to overcome.”

The Lord entered the meeting room and found a seat next to Derek as the Mekhet went over the details that had been given to them in the Prince’s office.

”I am Arturo, Clan of Kings. I am able to carry a conversation - bilingually - and can handle myself if we run into trouble. I am not much in terms of stealth or hacking, but based on what was mentioned here and in the office, I believe the answer to this task may exist within the Shadows.”

Arturo place his elbows on the table and laced his fingers together as he contemplated Derek's thoughts.

”That is a wonderful starting point. Do not forget about Eddie Sharp, and if you find either common threads regarding the woman that was mentioned. We also need visuals. If none of us have one available I suggest a decent camera may help. Did we wish to call a deputy now? Or are we confident?”

Feel the room, take no unnecessary risks, and get back. Even more so since they were doing a job with little reward, and plenty of risk.

I am so sorry this took so long, it has been busy and hectic, and because I didn't initially have it on character subs I kept forgetting!

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Nice to meet you," says Derek, making an effort to keep things on good terms between them for the moment.

"Oh right," acknowledges Derek as Arturo mentions Eddie. "I do have a hidden camera if I can get close enough to plant one in an ideal spot. Though smartphone pictures work as well. Or I could purchase a high end camera for overnight delivery if we want a picture with decent quality that can be taken from a distance. I think we ought to at least get in touch with a Deputy before we actually go to the Fuego. Probably Deputy James or Krieg. I haven't seen or heard from Deputy Blackbird lately though."

"Do you have any connections you can get in touch with that might be able to help? I have a few contacts I could tap into for some preliminary information. But let's see what a quick search picks up first."

The Mekhet's fingers clack speedily over his laptop keyboard, sending out queries over the Elysium WiFi via his VPN proxy. He searches for the parameters of Fuego, Diego Martinez, Eddie Sharp, and the telephone number they had acquired. He would scour the top results for social media presence, reviews of Fuego, and any imagery that might potentially be the men in question.

A
    Arturo Garcia

”Didn’t the James boy quit? And if I recall Krieg is the big one. While size does nothing for stealth, if possible I am not against having a monster of our own to fight another. That is, only if it comes to it.”

Arturo pulled his phone out of inner jacket pocket, and began to open his contacts which were buried a couple of apps deep. Casual safety measures should anything unfortunate befall the device.

”I should have a few people I can ask, I don’t know how useful they will be. They are better for finding directions, but I will see what can be yielded from them.”

While his connections were small time compared to other they may serve at least some purpose in determining what these fellows were about and what was so special about Fuego. Besides its awful name.

How would I leverage my criminal contacts in this situation Cross

C
    Cross

Pardon the delay. I am back!

Arturo can roll Manipulation + Persuasion + Contacts for information about from a criminal perspective about Fuego. Feel free to grab up to two others if you'd like!

I'll also take an Intelligence + Computers + 2 from our boy Derek for internet searching!

A
    Arturo Garcia

Garcia began to send some messages off, thinly veiled code allowing the men on the other end to understand what Arturo wanted, while still being able to not incriminate themselves (too much).

He wanted to see what the word was about this poorly named restaurant while the Shadow tried to see if anyone was leaving an online footprint.

Hopefully they could come up with something.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-20 03:23:15 Arturo Garcia rolls 6 to Rolls to probe his contacts about Fuego (Man + Per + Contacts) (10 Again) 7, 8, 8, 7, 1, 8 3 successes

We also reach out to Deputy Krieg, I am not sure how to best portray this in scene.
    Last edited by Arturo Garcia; Mar 20th, 2019 at 03:27 AM.  Reason for Edit: code fix

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Internet Search, 4suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-20 17:00:52 Derek Menzies rolls 9 to search the internet for info on Fuego, Diego Martinez, Eddie Sharp [INT+Computers+Eq1+1?] (10 Again) 1, 9, 9, 9, 5, 9, 3, 5, 2 4 successes

Depending on what information is available on the web, Derek considers drafting a few emails to send to some contacts that might be able to feed him more data. Though it may depend on what can and can't be found.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

A vessel with an unusually healthy glow about him opened the door to the meeting room to explain to Clara it was preoccupied. The Daeva popped her head in wearing a pineapple covered onesie and a subtle bird's nest of hair. Bundled into her arms was a camera attached to a tripod, a portfolio, and open laptop.

She blinked at the unfamiliar men. The vessel next to her carefully broached the subject of maybe Clara entering and using this room at another time. In an instant she had her eyes evaluate each of the duo of Kindred. One whose Beast was hidden from her own and the other whose Beast invited challenge. Both looked new. Clara pushed the pleasurable buzz demanding blood and action to the back of her head. The kine was still rambling about how the room was in use.

She stepped inside, nodded at the man all the while as she gently closed the door in his face. She then turned to the Kindred and began to set her equipment down. "Pardon, pardon! Just, I'm just here to take an account of the--not important. I don't think we've met--I'm Clara Verne. And what's all this now?" She meandered in conversationally and spoke with the hard thrust of interest only on the last question.

Hey all, hope you don't mind me popping in! Just need a quick exposition (not even in dialogue, I read the posts) so Clara can help with her Allies.

11. Likes Vassagon liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.