Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

View Poll Results: Do we need the Charter and Tetragrammat?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Charter and Tetragrammaton should remain.

0 0%
  • The Charter and Tetragrammaton should be removed.

4 36.36%
  • The Charter should be kept, remove the Tetragrammaton.

0 0%
  • The Charter should be removed, keep the Tetragrammaton.

8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Consilium Structure OOC

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

As for IC clarity, it might be time to write a new charter. The old one on the wiki now was written by characters no one will ever meet or interact with almost five years ago and heavily slants to consolidating power for one of the cabals of the time that has long since disbanded. You can also find the conversation about writing the charter here if you are interested.
    Sorry- that's on me. We did discuss it IC and while most of it is staying, you are right in that we need to clear out the cabal stuff. I have had it on my to do list and just haven't managed to tackle it yet. Given that the Mage pop is growing and these convos are happening though, I will bump it's priority status.

M
    Matrixchild

So Yumyumcrow and I discussed the role of the Sentinel a little for clarification sake. Mage the Awakening Core, pg. 56 states that Sentinels are "[a]n enforcer, either policing the Consilium’s sanctum or Demesne or warring against the Consilium’s rivals. As with Heralds, there are as many Sentinels as the Hierarch and Council feel is necessary for the operation of the Consilium." While that does imply some level of defense against outside threats, it would seem that it is more incidental to their duties as enforcers then as a core duty. With that said, based on how Sentinels have been used in the past on the site and with our discussion, we're going to say that every mage can pitch in for defense, but that Sentinels's job is closer to that of Consilium police.

Does that change anyone's mind on the question of whether or not we current need Sentinels?

In regards to revising the charter I personally don't believe it has to be done this minute, so I think if the Councilors want to have a revised OOC conversation, like what was previously done in a group, to argue over and prepare a revised version to replace the current charter then that would be fine with me. I suggest OOC because I think it'll be easier to fine tune the details that way and it'll allow it to continue in the background without the need to take up a scene slot or stay within a month. Essentially, I think OOC will allow the necessary time to "get it right" instead of worrying about the etiquette of being in a scene proper. If YYC or the councilors would prefer an IC discussion over the details of the Charter though then that's certainly fine.

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Matrixchild

An IC convo has already occurred is the thing. I'm cool with going w/ a second one but if so, I still will be updating the wiki charter to reflect what has already been discussed IC and the second convo can be about that charter. Which should be the updated current charter anyways.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

If the discussion has already been had that I'm good. If you update the charter and that works for the Councilors, it works for me.

Puck Scenes

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the discussion should be done immediately. I'm reading a lot of requests for IC clarity in this thread, and without the specific powers of the positions posted like they were when the charter was written I thought it would be worth working them into a new/revised charter for everyone to reference. That way who does what is there for everyone, and it can be linked to new players for reference. No rush though!
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

While I am not a fan of a wholesale rewriting of the Charter per se, I don't see why we can't include clarifications of Consilium positions and their roles in the Charter write up.

Thats a good idea Xander .

There are a LOT of known issues with the current Consilium charter. So I scoured the internet and read several other Consilium charters, as well as real life, mundane organizations. Using the rulebooks and our own charter, I stole, copied, ripped off, and otherwise cobbled together a more precise draft of a Consilium Charter for Sacramento. I did my best to make in Order non-biased, with a focus on Paths, while also making it malleable enough to fit our ever changing player base. I've pasted it below for feedback and debate. Good luck...

Article I. Declaration
    1. Preamble
    We, the Consilium of the Sacramento, hereby unite as one assembled Consilium under a Council of Five led by the Hierarch among them. We, the Awakened, walkers of the Paths of the Watchtowers, in the interest of a grand society governed through Law, Tradition, and Wisdom; hold the Lex Magica to bear the weight of legal precedent within the Consilium of the Sacramento. We hold that all Recognized members of the Sacramento Consilium, who conduct themselves in accordance with the Lex Magica, shall be privileged to protection from Heretics, the resolution of disputes, and Justice in accordance with the Lex Magica.

1. Expression of Purpose
    The purpose of the Consilium is to uphold and enforce the Lex Magica, preserve the secrets of the Mysteries, protect those who Sleep from the terrors beyond their world, maintain peace, order, and Justice amongst the Awakened, ensure vigilance against the enemies of Wisdom, guard against the Abyss and the corruption it brings, and to wisely share the mystical resources of the cities of Sacramento.

1. Getting Recognized
    In order for a mage to be considered as Recognized within the Consilium of the Sacramento, they must be accepted by a member Cabal, or be publicly Recognized as a Solitaire member by the Hierarch or Councilor of their Path. By seeking Recognition they agree to abide by the Lex Magica and accept the judgments of the Ruling Council. The Councilor of the Awakened seeking Recognition is responsible for vetting the new member in order to make sure that the guest is not a Heretic, or a danger to the Sacramento Consilium. Should the Councilor fail in this regard, they may be seen as at least partially responsible for the actions of those they sponsored. In order for a Cabal to be Recognized within the Consilium it must present its Protocols to the Council and show that it accepts the Five Great Rights and the Lesser Rites and its members must agree to abide by the Lex Magica and accept the judgments of the Ruling Council.
    -Cabals are required to inform the Herald of any changes to their Protocols or Membership within 2 weeks of the change.

1. Guests of the Consilium
    Guests are those who present themselves to a Recognized Cabal or Consilium Official of the Sacramento Consilium so that they may seek Hospitality. Guests and unrecognized members must be directed to a Recognized Cabal or Consilium Official so that they may seek Hospitality. Guests and unrecognized members are welcome to invoke the Rite of Hospitality, and attend Caucus, provided they are accompanied by a Recognized Cabal of the Sacramento Consilium or a Sentinel. That Recognized Cabal or Sentinel is responsible for the actions of their charge. Guests are expected to uphold the Lex Magica while they are in our territories. All other Magi in our territories will be considered by the Ruling Council on a case by case basis.

1. Heretics
    The servants of the Exarchs, the Banishers, the Mad and those who willingly embrace the Abyss are granted no rights or protections under the Lex Magica. Any willful affiliation with an entity or organization that supports, or is in league with, such forces is a crime against the Lex Magica. Any member of the Consilium who is found to have such a willful affiliation will be subject to the harshest punishments provided by the Lex Magica, up to and including Spiritual Oblivion.

1. Jurisdiction
    The Consilium of the Granite Coast claims all lands within, above, and below the city of Sacramento and its outlying districts. All mages within this jurisdiction are subject to the Lex Magica, but are not entitled to the rights afforded to its Members unless they are so Recognized.

Article II. Privileges and Duties
    1. Privilege of Freedom
    All Recognized members of the Consilium have the privilege to practice magic and conduct business without undue interference from the Hierarch, the Council, or its officers, provided that this practice does not conflict with the Lex Magica.

1. Privilege of Association
    All Recognized members of the Consilium have the privilege to belong to any Order, Cabal or group as long as that organization does not conflict with the Lex Magica. It is recognized that membership or revocation of membership to any Order or Cabal lies at the sole discretion of the Order or Cabal and will not be interfered with by the Hierarch or the Council.

1. Privilege of Petition
    Any Recognized member of the Consilium has the privilege to petition the Council. First the Ruling Council decides whether the petition is valid. In petitioning the Council, that member agrees to abide by any ruling on the matter made by the Ruling Council; even if the result is against the petitioner. When the Petition accuses a member of the Ruling Council of violating the Lex Magica, those who are directly accused, shall not vote on the decisions of the Petition, nor shall their Cabal Mates. Abuse of the privilege of Petition in the form of redundant and/or erroneous Petitions shall be punished by up to and including Major Reprimand. Further abuse will result in harsher punishment

1. Duty of the Veil
    All members of the Consilium are charged with the protection of the Veil, both from their own actions and the actions of others. No member of the Consilium shall reveal the Mysteries through word, deed, displays, writings, or trace of magic to those who Sleep, or to counter threats of the Abyss or those outside of the Pentacle Orders. Exceptions will be given to certain Order established traditions, such as the Proximi, the Cryptopolies, the Labyrinth; Sleepwalkers, and other attempts to wisely lead a Sleeper into true revelation of the Mysteries for the good of the Consilium and the Sleeper. Other Supernatural beings do not count for the purposes of “Sleeper”.
    -If a Mage or Cabal should, by this own fault, cause the magical world to be revealed to Sleepers, it is their own responsibility to prevent further damage and repair what they have wrought, either through their own actions or through a request of aid to others should they be unable to do so. Effort and success of this endeavor will win leniency from the Council.
    -Should a Mage witness a breach of the Veil and take no measures to resolve the matter, they may be charged with violating the Lex Magica.
    -The Ruling Council reserves the Right to intervene in any breech of the Veil whether or not aid is sought.

Article III - The Ruling Council

The Ruling Council consists of five Path Councilors and the Hierarch chosen from among them.
    -The Ruling Council is empowered to intervene in any major threat to the Consilium.
    -The Ruling Council is empowered to act when individuals are in violation of the precepts and laws set forth in the Lex Magica.
    -The Ruling Council may decide through majority vote to establish new positions or abolish positions not listed in this Charter.
    -The Ruling Council may remove any Lesser Consilium Officer at will.
    -If there are instances when a councilor or their provost is absent, all matters of the ruling council shall still proceed in their absence.

Article IV - The Hierarch
    1. Appointing the Hierarch
    The Hierarch shall be chosen from the Wisest and most powerful among the councilors. The Hierarch is leader and guide to both the Ruling Council and the Consilium as a whole. When the time comes for a new Hierarch to be chosen, those among the Consilium will offer their voices to their Provost and their Councilor concerning the matter. The Council will then convene and deliberate until a majority agrees on a candidate to become the next Hierarch. During the interim period between Hierarchs all matters generally decided by the Hierarch will be instead decided by a simple majority vote within the Council.

1. Function of the Hierarch
    -The Hierarch is empowered to make decisions for the good of all as long as the decision does not conflict with the privileges granted to members through the Lex Magica, or is a decision specifically given to another agency by the Lex Magica.
    -The Hierarch holds one vote upon the Council. In cases of a tied vote, the Hierarch must vote, even if he originally abstained.
    -The Hierarch has the right to Recognize any individual as a member of the Consilium.
    -The Hierarch has the right to strip any Consilium member in poor standing with the Consilium of their status, and hence their membership within the Consilium. A member in poor standing is one who has repeatedly, recently, and/or severely been publically scorned and/or convicted of severely violating the Lex Magica.
    -The Hierarch may call for the incarceration of any Mage, Sleepwalker, or Proximus within the jurisdiction of the Consilium, including those who hold office, for crimes against the Lex Magica; until the Council determines whether or not there is need for a trial. The Council has three (3) days to decide this and may not hold an individual without decision forever.
    -The Hierarch may not be apprehended by a Sentinel unless the action is approved by a majority vote of the Council.
    -When the Council has decided that an individual is guilty of a crime under the Lex Magica, it is the Hierarch, advised by the Council, who decides punishment and pronounces sentence upon the guilty. Once the Hierarch has pronounced this judgment, the decision is final and there is no appeal.
    -During times of great need and distress the Council may declare a State of Emergency and the conditions under which the State of Emergency will end. During this period the Hierarch will assume complete authority of the Council to pass rulings, declare judgments, and make appointments in its stead, until such a time as the Emergency ends. To disobey the Hierarch under such circumstances is treason and a crime against the Lex Magica and will be punished severely and if necessary summarily. The Hierarch may make no changes to the Consilium Charter, Lex Magica, or Tetragrammaton. Anytime after thirty (30) days the Consilium may vote to end the State of Emergency.
    -The Hierarch shall have the power to appoint one individual as their Provost within the Consilium, with all the full rights and privileges of that title.
    -The Hierarch shall have the power to appoint one individual as their Herald within the Consilium, with all the full rights and privileges of that title.

Article V. The Council

1. Structure of the Council
    The Council shall consist of no more than five Councilors; each representing their Watchtower upon the Council. Should the Consilium consist of less than three members of a Path or none of the Path’s Members have at least Disciple level training in one of their Path’s Arcana, then that Order’s seat on the Council may be kept open until such a time that it gains more members within the Consilium, or a member who has proper mastery of the Path’s Arcana presents themself.

1. Appointing a Councilor
    Each Councilor must be a representative of their Path and should show at least Disciple level understanding of one of their Watchtower’s Arcana. When the time comes for a new Councilor to be chosen then all members of that Path will gather and decide amongst themselves in a manner they see fit who should represent their Path upon the Council. The Candidate is then presented to the Hierarch and the Council and takes office at the next official Consilium meeting .

1. Removal of a Councilor
    A Councilor may step down voluntarily at any time. A Councilor may be removed from their position through the Duel Arcane, should they be defeated by a member in good standing within the Consilium who belongs to their Path, with the expressed purpose of removing them from office. Should a Councilor be convicted of a greater crime against the Lex Magica then as part of their punishment, they may be removed from their position. If a Councilor is absent from Consilium business and fails to facilitate either vote or attendance to Consilium matters, they are voluntarily stepping down from their post unless given dispensation by the Path whose voices they decided not to register with the Consilium.

1. Provosts
    Each Councilor has the right to select a single Provost of their choosing from among those of their Path. The Provost acts as aide to both their Councilor and the Council as a whole. The Provost will represent and have the full duties of their Councilor and Path in the absence of their Councilor or when the seat upon the Council lays vacant. The Provost is responsible for ensuring that the voices of all members of the Path are heard by the Councilor and that the voice of the Councilor is heard by all those of the Path.

1. Function of the Council
    -It is the purpose of the Council to resolve conflicts between Consilium members if Petitioned, determine guilt in crimes against the Lex Magica, uphold the rule of law within the Consilium borders, and represent the will of the Awakened within the city of Sacramento.
    -Each Councilor holds a single vote upon the Ruling Council.
    -Each Councilor has the right to Recognize any individual of their Path as a member of the Consilium.
    -Each Councilor has the right to strip a member of their Path in poor standing with the Consilium, of their Recognized membership.
    -A Councilor may not be apprehended by a Sentinel unless the act is approved by a majority vote of the Council.

Article VI. Lesser Consilium Officers
    The Ruling Council appoints all Lesser Consilium officers. Lesser Consilium officers may not hold more than one consilium position.
    1. Office of Herald
    - There shall be no more than one Herald.
    -A Herald shall act as the voice of the Hierarch and Council and is tasked with spreading the Ruling Council’s edicts and decisions among the Consilium. To ignore the words of the Hierarch and/or the Council passed down through the Herald shall be considered an order ignored from the Hierarch and/or the Council directly.
    -A Herald who discovers information deemed important to the Consilium shall inform the Hierarch and Council of their findings in a timely manner.
    -A Herald at times will be called upon to act as a messenger for the Hierarch and/or the Council to other Concilii or other more reclusive members of the community.
    -When the Herald is acting as an ambassador to foreign Concilii they are expected to respect the Lex Magica and customs of both Sacramento and the host Concilii.
    -The Herald may be removed by the Hierarch or a majority vote by the Ruling Council.

1. Office of Sentinel
    -There shall always be at least one Sentinel at all times with additional Sentinels appointed as needed by the Ruling Council.
    -A Sentinel shall act as the sword of the Ruling Council and is tasked with enforcing proper practice of the Lex Magica.
    -It is the duty of a Sentinel to apprehend anyone suspected to have violated the Lex Magica, as directed by the Hierarch or a Councilor. Apprehension of a Hierarch must be approved by a majority vote of the Council. Apprehension of a Councilor must be approved by a majority vote of the Council.
    -It is the duty of a Sentinel to pursue fugitives who are attempting to escape justice.
    -It is the duty of a Sentinel to carry out punishments against those found guilty by the Ruling Council, as directed by the Hierarch or Ruling Council.
    -At times a Sentinel may be called by the Hierarch or a Councilor to provide protection to a member of the Consilium or chaperone a visitor.
    -A Sentinel is subject to the direct command of the Hierarch or the Council in matters concerning their duties only.
    -A Sentinel may be removed by the Hierarch or majority vote of the council. They may also voluntarily step down.

Article VII. Justice
    Crimes committed against the Lex Magica by the Awakened of the city of Sacramento shall be punished with Wisdom and Justice, observing the Precedents that came before and considering the impact that may come after. Fair trial shall be given to any Mage Recognized as a member of the Consilium of Sacramento or any Consilium beyond.
    A. Accusation of Transgressions
    Any Recognized Mage can bring a transgression before the Council through the Privilege of Petition.
    B. Progression of Trial.
    When a transgression has been brought before the Ruling Council then the Ruling Council will decide through majority vote if there is reason and evidence to proceed with an investigation and/or trial. An impartial investigator may be called to investigate the understanding that the word and sentencing of the Ruling Council supercedes that of the investigator. Any Council rulings will be considered Consilium Precedent.
    -Should the Ruling Council pursue an investigation, the Ruling Council will decide upon an end date for the investigation.
    -Should the Hierarch or a Councilor be accused of a crime, if the Ruling Council decides to proceed to an investigation and/or trial, those not involved in the crime and a part of the Ruling Council shall vote whether to strip the accused of the powers that office affords, until the dispute is resolved.
    -In extreme cases the violation of thoughts and memories may be used, during a trial, on an unwilling target to extract information; upon majority approval by the Ruling Council, or in a State of Emergency as ordered by the Hierarch.
    -Any Mage Impersonating or enacting the powers of any Consilium office with which they do not hold will be severely punished.
    C. Form of the Trial
    -All trial proceedings shall take place in front of the Ruling Council; and an investigator if they have been called.
    -The accused has the right to hear their crime from the lips of their accuser.
    -The accused has the right to request their defense factotum.
    -The accused shall not be incarcerated during the course of their trial unless the Council deems them a danger to others or of risk to flee Justice.
    -Once all evidence has been considered and testimonies heard, the Ruling Council will deliberate on the matter and through a 2/3 majority vote pronounce guilt or innocence for the accused.
    -A suspect declared innocent will be restored to their previous position and standing in full and cannot be accused of the same transgression again unless new and substantial evidence is presented to the Ruling Council concerning it.
    -A suspect declared guilty by the Ruling Council shall be sentenced by the Hierarch, with guidance from the Council. Punishment may be decreed based on the 10 degrees of the Tetragrammaton, as is tradition.
    -The 10 Degrees of Tetragrammaton: Minor Reprimand, Major Reprimand, Payment of Debt, Minor Penance, Major Penance, Serve Reprimand, Incarceration, Banishment, Spiritual Scourging, and Spiritual Oblivion. Punishments outside the 10 Degrees of Tetragrammaton may be decided upon and set into precedent.
    D. Duel Arcane
    When called for and agreed upon the tradition of the Duel Arcane may be used to resolve disputes.
    -A Duel Arcane must be officiated and witnessed by a Sentinel, Provost, Councilor, Hierarch, or Herald agreed upon by both parties. The agreed upon officiate may deny witnessing of the Duel. If the Duel is denied, they may petition another officer of the Consilium.
    -A Duel Arcane shall proceed until the conditions of its conclusion, agreed upon by both parties, are met. If no such conditions were set, then the Duel shall continue until one or both parties cede or are otherwise clearly incapable of continuing the Duel.
    -No Mage shall take advantage of the defeated party's weakened state in the immediate aftermath of a Duel, and they should be allowed to peacefully depart, unless this violates the purpose over which the Duel was fought.
    -Any Consilium official may be removed from his position through the Duel Arcane, should they be defeated by a member in good standing within the Consilium of their Path, with the expressed purpose of removing them, through a great fault in wisdom or ability. The officials office will remain vacant until it can be filled in accordance with the Consilium Charter.
    -Should the challenged be victorious then the challenger may not engage in Duel Arcane again with the challenged for this reason until a single month has passed.
    -Neither participant can make any demands that violate Lex Magica by using obvious magic in a public place, or endangering non-participants.
    -Other forms of the Duel Arcane may be performed rather than just the battle of wills, so long as both parties agree on the terms.
    E. Justified Violence
    A member of the Consilium is allowed to bring violence against another Recognized only in the following circumstances:
    -In defense of one’s own life, soul, free will, or in the defense of the life, soul or free will of others against intentional, direct violence.
    -In the fulfillment of an Office of the Consilium or appointed Position.
    -By order or allowance of the Hierarch or Council in compliance with the Lex Magica.
    -In defense of ones own Recognized territory.
    -In the event of a death of a Recognized Consilium member, the Ruling Council may bring the event under investigation.

Article VIII: Mortal Existence
    1. Sleepers
    Treat the Sleepers with due respect and care; within each living soul lies the potential of Awakening.
    1. Sleepwalkers
    Sleepwalkers who are aware of our society and the Lex Magica are to be held to all laws within the Lex Magica. Sleepwalkers are not Recognized as Mages by this Charter. Any Sleepwalkers who are known allies of the Sacramento Consilium shall be granted the protections of the Lex Magica.

Article IX: Other Authorities
    Cabals and Solitaires must provide the Ruling Council with access to libraries and lore which might contain information about impending threats to the Consilium.
    A. Master and Apprentice
    This Consilium respects the bonds of Master and Apprentice, and considers that bond to be inviolate unless said Master should be guilty of severely violating the Lex Magica. Until a student has been released from the tutelage of their Master, the Master shall hold all responsibility for their actions both good and ill.
    B. Cabals
    -This Consilium respects the affiliations and Oaths of the Cabal.
    -This Consilium recognizes that each Cabal shall conduct its own business, accept and eject members, keep their own secrets, and claim rights and territory before the Council.
    -Members of the Cabal are expected to patrol their territory and keep it safe from Abyssal incursion and other threats to the Consilium. When necessary a Cabal may Petition the Council for additional assistance when expelling a threat from their territory. Claimed territory may be questioned or rescinded in the face of lack of resources, aptitude, or will to maintain it.
    -The Consilium shall make allowances for the punishment of Cabal specific infractions by a member against their Cabal, as prescribed by the Protocols of that Cabal. Under no circumstance shall these punishments themselves violate the Lex Magica.
    -No Cabal shall transport any member outside of this Consilium’s jurisdiction for the purpose of circumventing the Lex Magica in their punishment.
    1. Orders
    -This Consilium respects the affiliations and Oaths of the Orders.
    -This Consilium recognizes that each Order shall conduct its own business, accept and eject members, keep their own secrets, and claim rights and territory before the Council.
    -Members of the Order are expected to patrol their territory and keep it safe from Abyssal incursion and other threats to the Consilium. When necessary an Order may Petition the Council for additional assistance when expelling a threat from their territory. Claimed territory may be questioned or rescinded in the face of lack of resources, aptitude, or will to maintain it.
    -The Consilium shall make allowances for the punishment of Order specific infractions by a member against their Order. Under no circumstance shall these punishments themselves violate the Lex Magica.
    -No Order shall transport any member outside of this Consilium’s jurisdiction for the purpose of circumventing the Lex Magica in their punishment.

Article X: Amendments and Precedent
    1. Amendements
    Amendments can be assigned to this Charter to add to, alter or remove portions.
    -The amendment must be approved by a majority vote of the Ruling Council.
    -Amendments, once created and affirmed, shall have the full binding force of the original document.
    B. Precedents
    Decisions made by the Council and the Hierarch will be recorded into Precedent for all to study and review.

10. Likes CandidesDream, West, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Appreciating the volume of work here... what about a precis of changes instead of having to parse the full language?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Tried to do just the highlights and it still ended up being long winded.

Articles 3, 4, and 5 regarding the council, the hierarch are the big ones.

Article 3 - the big one is the last point - If there are instances when a councilor or their provost is absent, all matters of the ruling council shall still proceed in their absence.

Article 4 - All members of the Consilium gets a chance to make suggestions to their specific provost and/or councilor as to whom should be chosen to be Hierarch before the council votes.

In the absence of the hierarch, during the interim, the council makes decisions with a majority vote in the council.

The Hierarch must vote in any instance of a tie, even if they had previously abstained.

The Hierarch has a "State of Emergency" power with the Consilium having a balance to being able to vote to end it after 30 days.

The COUNCIL
    -Consists of 5, including the Hierarch, based on Watchtower
    Councilor is chosen by a Path meeting, simple majority and must have at least reached Disciple of a Path Arcana.
    Should a path consist of less than 3 or no one has reached Disciple, then that seat may be kept open until the path grows OR someone has proper mastery of that Path's arcana.

Council members can recognize mages of their path, hierarch can recognize anyone.

The Councilor of the Awakened seeking Recognition is responsible for vetting the new member in order to make sure that the guest is not a Heretic, or a danger to the Sacramento Consilium. Should the Councilor fail in this regard, they may be seen as at least partially responsible for the actions of those they sponsored.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'd avoid absolutes that don't translate well into pbp:
    -- three day limit on incarceration
    -- Arcana mastery for positions
    -- always having to have secondary positions like provosts and sentinels

Those kind of things might be find for 20-30 characters but in a small group, consider:
    * Out of 12 Mages, if one is the Hierarch, you have an average of two people per path. So there will be multiple Paths that are an either-or on only-one-option.
    * Make five Councilors. Now make five Provosts. That leaves 2-3 people for all the secondary positions.

All of these problems were already demonstrated in that thread. Again, appreciating the effort, what problems have you solved?

Cabals and Solitaires must provide the Ruling Council with access to libraries and lore [...]
    -- Seems like a big one to leave out of a 'precis of changes' :P

-No Cabal shall transport any member outside of this Consilium’s jurisdiction for the purpose of circumventing the Lex Magica in their punishment.
    Orders
    -No Order shall transport any member outside of this Consilium’s jurisdiction for the purpose of circumventing the Lex Magica in their punishment.
    -- But I guess Solitaires can.

I barely skimmed and jumped over large chunks and still immediately found new problems. You can't just copy some other site's charter. The problems with ours need to be identified and solved.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

15. Likes Xander liked this post
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread