Ended
Watch

EV & Adam What were you thinking?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra sits in one of the private rooms downstairs at the Nox. She's wearing her go-to boots, jeans, & fitted t-shirt. She's having to work at taming her beast. Keeping it under control even though she's still angry with Adam's behavior at January's court. She takes threats to the Domain very seriously. So she sits, taking in deep "breathes", counting, meditating to stay in control when Mr. Exlibrist arrives. She listens for his arrival.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Shadows are silent, shadows are stealthy, shadows are deadly. Arriving under cloak until his foot crosses the threshold of Elysium. His beast hidden, suppressed. He walked lightly.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-03-04 20:11:42 Adam Exlibrist rolls 4 to Walk silently (Dex + Stealth) (10 Again) 1, 1, 8, 4 1 success

Reaching the appointed room, he knocks.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra hears the knock, sneaky Adam must have been cloaked again since she didn't hear him coming. In a neutral voice, "Come on in Mr. Exlibrist. Take a seat."

She watches him carefully and waits as he sits down. "Now, I don't want to make this a big long drawn out thing. I assume you know why I wanted to speak with you today?" She takes a moment to gauge his reaction. "First, I am not sure if you overheard or if you were made aware that I misspoke with the Prince about my knowledge of the Moorehouse. When we first start talking I was flustered and worried and my words had failed me. I made it sound like I wasn't aware of your business with the Moorehouse. I did apologize to the Prince and corrected myself. I did know about the Moorhouse, however, that night was the first I heard about inquisitors." Having cleared that up, "As you can imagine I wasn't pleased with the turn of events at January's court. We take threats to the Domain very seriously. Not to mention the damage it has done to our family's reputation. What do you have to say for yourself? And how do you plan on helping us repair the damage to our clan's reputation?"

She sits back, waits, and listens intently to his response.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Having been invited in, Adam enters and bows. "Many blessings Priscus." He then sits.

"Priscus, your reasons for speaking with me are your own and not mine to question. I am honored to be in your presence. You ask and I appear." Then she explains.

"I did find your omission curious, nothing more. Inquisitors do have the effect you describe on people." Adam would avoid discussing them for that very reason.

"I am not here to threaten the Domain, but to find peace within it. I have come to escape the dominance of Cardinal Evalda. Regrettably, my words of caution and the consequences of my failure was not received well. For this, I beg forgiveness and am currently serving righteous penance for my words. Worse still, I have brought shame upon our Bay't."

Clapping his hands together, Adam bows his head. "Forgive me, Priscus. I shall further punish myself with additional acts of penance. My efforts to prove my sincerity shall be tripled. I shall build a great zawiya in the Barrens. For surely turning such a desert into a thriving mecca for kine and Kindred alike is not the act of a traitor or usurper. This act I do, not for myself, or for my covenant. Nay, I commit myself to this task for Clan and for the Sultana Antinori."

Slowly Adam rises to make eye contact with Vitale.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra listens as he speaks taking it in very carefully. She wants to believe him when he says he just wants peace within the Domain.

"Forgiveness is easy. Proving you're trustworthy after this will be the hard part. As you know, among us trust is hard to gain. Now, it sounds like you have a decent plan to rectify the situation. I will be keeping a very careful eye on you to make sure to do just that." Leaning in with her arms on the table, "Now, I hope you've come to realize how important it is to carefully word what you say around here to make sure you're conveying exactly what you're trying to say. I believe this whole ordeal could have been avoided had you went about it a different way."

Letting that sink in for a moment. Then continuing, "Now, I did have hopes for you to become whip. But, in light of this situation, we will have to put that on hold for now, if not permanently. I hope you understand. We can't have someone in poor standing in the Domain have that position within the Clan. I do hope you can turn things around quickly and prove yourself worthy once again."

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Of course Priscus. Though it disappoints me that I will not be able to inspire our Bay't as Whip. Perhaps it is for the best. I didn't appear to have the full support of the Bay't at our last gather and in order to be an effective Whip, I wouldn't be satisfied without having the full support and respect of our Bay't."

Adam could not blame her for her decision. They were Kindred, and nothing was every just handed out without some form of prestation.

"I do hope you will learn to trust me again soon and provide the support a Priscus offers to valuable members of her Bay't. You shall always have mine. Your opinion of me means a great deal. Should you ask, I would submit to whatever prestation you desired. I am and forever shall be your humble servant Priscus." On the last sentence, Adam bows deeply with his arms spread wide in supplication.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra feels a bit awkward with the Adam bowing but she lets it happen because it's a good sign that he's being humbled in all of this.

With a reassuring smile, "I will accept a minor boon for my forgiveness. Do you agree to it?" Moving on, "I do my best not to deal with absolutes. I try not to say 'never' because no one knows what the future holds. Do not give up hope on winning my trust back. You have time to redeem yourself. I saw potential in you in our first couple of meetings and I know you can come back from this and do great things for our Clan, our Domain and your own Covenant, don't let me down."

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"The boon is your's Priscus. Tribulations only temper the accomplishments of the faithful. I am faithful that in time you will find me worthy of your praises."

E
    Elettra Vitale

"Thank you, very well then. If there is anything that you need to help you with your journey please let me know. As your Priscus, I am here to help you." Elettra hopes that this will be the last major incident with Adam. She does like the gentleman for the most part and would hate to see him go.

Now that that is all taken care of for now, "Is there anything you would like to discuss with me tonight?"

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Since you asked, Priscus. As I am now resident of the Barrens, it would be a waste not to use that to the advantage of our Bay't and the Domain. It is the least attractive tract of land within the Sultana's holdings. If you could possibly suggest the naming of a Regent of the Barrens to her and mention the penance that I have undertaken to atone for insulting her. The Second Estate has been banished from Florin. Our church dismantled. We seek a new residence. Even the Barrens is welcomed over drifting listlessly throughout the Domain. Should I be named Regent of the Barrens, it would greatly aid me in proving myself to both you and her. It would allow me to fulfill my penance and give the Second Estate shelter. You would not only be doing me service but the Lancea Sanctum as well."

Adam knew it was a stretch but he asked anyway. You are guaranteed an answer of no if you never ask.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.