Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque glanced down to Cain, with his attention fully devoted to his approach. He was not unaccustomed to canines, but this... thing was much more sinister. Jacque simply found himself with a small sense of relief that the Prince seemed well versed at controlling the hound.

"Quite well, actually. You run a tight ship and no shortage of books, much to my delight." offering a smile in response to her curiosities. "I am still working on fostering the contacts needed to be of use to you in the legal arena. Such relationships take a few months to mature. That would not prevent me from advising in a non-official capacity should you have any questions though." Lightly tapping his temple, "The knowledge is all intact, but courtroom judges and prosecutors are really no different than politicians."

He glances around at the pieces on display as the Prince explains her predicament with time and returns his focus to her, grinning in response to her chuckle, "That would seem well deserved. It is not my place to do so, but I respectfully encourage you to. It is a thankless role to play and even though you may delegate pieces of it to trusted Kindred it still takes tremendous strength of will on your part to keep it all going."

Sensing himself skirting being viewed as a boot-licker he looks back to some of the art, "When we first met, I had the privilege of sharing one of my favorite pieces with you and your court. Is it still early enough this evening to have the time to share one of yours among those displayed?"

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Another smile, “I’m glad to hear you’ve been enjoying the Domain. Sounds like you’ve found some of the many libraries the city has to offer.” Not that you’d see her there, but to each their own. And seems he was serious about the legal help. Which would be a first for the Savage. “Well, I’ll keep that in mind, thank you.” It could be useful. Smirking, “Politics, always such a pleasant experience.” A careful dance.

She nods once, “Oh, I intend to. But there are some things going on behind the scenes that I cannot tear myself away from. But once I get the chance, I fully intend to do so. There are some lovely galleries within the city, and I even attended a more, private, art show. So going back would make for a nice evening out.” At least he sounded like he understood the schedule strain she faced. On some level.

“The night has only just begun.” She replies with a sly grin. “It’s hanging here,” she moves to a wall, upon which hung a painting. Jagged black spires rose from above and below against a white background. Intricate lines of red, scarlet and maroon ran down the black in fine rivers down and between them. In the distance in the center of it was a lone, vaguely human figure kneeling. So small it was hard to make out if he was screaming or crying. “This one happens to be my current favorite as it inspires different things in everyone. Each person seems to have a different opinion on it, and I enjoy the conversation that it sparks. It was done by a Kindred that resided in the Domain, Cynthia Weiss.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That sounds exquisite, Prince Antinori. It just so happens that I recently acquired two guest passes to the Crocker Art Museum. I have no need for them myself as my membership allows me to come and go as I please and I don't know anyone else yet who would appreciate the facility as I'm certain you would."

Jacque begins to gaze over the painting as he continues, "Unless it is considered an inappropriate gesture, I would very much like to gift them to you as my contribution to and encouragement for a 'nice evening out'. Absolutely no strings attached, of course, and you would be free to take whomever you please. That, or use each one on separate evenings for yourself."

He smiles, taking in all of the details of the painting, "So, what does the painting inspire in you?"

After hearing her response he shares his view, "To me, this inspires a sense of vigilance. We are the person in the background, and this is our danse. We draw strength from the Beast and so it encompasses us, represented by the spires and streams of reds. In turn, we are always fighting it with all of our will to remain the masters of our humanity. It will never stop and neither can we, lest it snap shut its maw and who we know as ourselves simply ceases to exist."

Jacque sighs with a hint of admiration, "It is a magnificent piece."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I have to admit, it’s been a few years since I’ve visited the Crocker Art Museum. And that is a most generous offer Mr Jacque.” It would be nice to visit the museum once again. And this would give her an excuse.

“Inappropriate?” the thought clearly amused her as she laughed, “Hardly. Now if you were using them as a way to try and bribe me, then we might get into inappropriate territory.” Not that she could be bought. “But you don’t strike me as that type.” There was still humor in her voice.

Looking back to the painting, “For me it’s a representation of the pain and anguish we feel as our Danse goes on.” Point to the spires, “Those remind me of whatever we have that can be considered souls, reaching up, trying to better ourselves. The ones reaching down is the Beast, always there to remind us of what we truly are.” Simple for her, “But I’m drawn to the simple use of basic colors to drive such a powerful image.” She wasn’t a colorful person.

Humanity. Something she felt she was losing her connection with.

A nod of her head, “Interesting.” She says looking to the painting once more. “I simply love how a painting, or even a sculpture can inspire different things in everyone.”

Glancing back to the Lord, “I think you might be quite enjoyable to spend the evening with at the museum. If you have the time in your schedule.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sharing in the Prince's amusement Jacque explains, "Simply an old habit from a past life. Such gifts, regardless of monetary value would often be heavily scrutinized in the legal and political arenas. Perception often holds power, regardless of the reality."

His face twists with a hint of charm and embarrassment, "I must admit I haven't quite gotten a firm grasp of the politics of the Sacramento Kindred but from what I've seen the power of perception seems to be ever present. A friendly gesture as this does not necessarily need to be a bribe to be perceived as one by others. Although you can tell my intentions are honest that does not mean someone of your station would not politely decline on principle."

The Prince's view of the painting inspired contemplation by Jacque, "I had not considered that perspective." Looking over the painting a moment longer he adds, "Exquisite."

"If the opportunity ever arises, I think I would enjoy meeting the artist. Talent such as hers has the ability to paint a mirror with such simple colors. We see a reflection of ourselves in good art and learn more of ourselves and others in the process", Jacque hadn't heard the name prior to the Prince mentioning it and hoped that Miss Weiss may be on some leave of the Domain as opposed to a more permanent vacancy.

His eyes widen with surprise at the Prince's ask, "I was serious with the offer that you could use those passes however you pleased and with whomever you pleased. If that is truly your desire, it would be my honor your Majesty." respectfully bowing his head. His expression gleamed with a proud grin, "You will not need the guest passes if you wish me to accompany you. If I am present, colleagues with me also come and go as they please."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Ah, I can see that. And perception is indeed, a powerful thing. Though you’ll find I’m someone who could careless what those around me think. Perception can be wrong, and when wrong, have dire consequences.” Especially against her.

A hand waves dismissively, Fanculo cosa pensano.” Comes the Italian. Then a laugh, “I still slip into Italian, my apologies. I said let them think whatever they want.” More or less. “Is there questions you had about the politics? I can try and answer any question you might have.” Then a shrug, “I could, but I appreciate a kind gesture when I see it.” And his seemed honest without strings. Though, she could be wrong, he might have some motive.

Smiling, “Hence why I enjoy this piece, everyone seems to find something I haven’t seen yet. But I think that is part of what makes some art more appealing than others.” To her anyways.

A shallow nod, “I have another of her pieces, but she left before bringing me any others. She was a Haunt with an obvious talent. I hope she finds her way back soon, and not just for her art, she was a pleasure to speak with as well.” Why did the ones she really enjoy leave?

She had to laugh, “I knew you were.” And if he wasn’t interesting, she wouldn’t have said something. “But I find myself enjoying your views on art thus far, which tell me you would make for welcome company. Do you know any of any exciting exhibits coming up?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Prince's casual dismissive nature was refreshing to Jacque. Outside of their first pleasant conversation, he had only witnessed her dealing with less than ideal situations and events.

He glances off briefly to catch eyes with the woman in the velvet suit as she passes by, responding silently to her wink with a proud grin before returning his focus fully to Alessandra, "There are, and I appreciate the offer." He continues with a cautious, diplomatic tone, "I feel it may be... poor form on my part to ask them here publicly during your court. If the invitation is open, perhaps we can meet in the coming weeks to talk through the remaining bits that are still in the dark for me."

Nodding, "I feel as though I share the sentiment, although I have never met her." Offering a coy smiles he adds, "Now, you can't simply tease me with owning another Weiss piece without sharing."

"As for exhibits, they have one in tribute to black history month, one for street photography and one celebrating paintings from Spanish artists", he pauses before adding, "The one I'm most excited for is the exhibit on Chiura Obata, but that isn't until July."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

If she noticed his attention going elsewhere, it didn’t show.

Nodding, “Of course. Let me take a look at my schedule and I’ll give you a call. I should be able to move some things around.” Getting questions answered was important.

Smirking, “Well actually, I can.” Replies the Savage, “But I won’t.” a smile as she moves to another painting. This was one that only a few would recognize. It was an excellent rendition of the crumbling Nosferatu baths. The shadows on the walls were emphasized and twisted, looking like something was there. Stalking the viewer, just out of sight. Ready to reach out and take you away somewhere to be never seen again.

“This is done of the Necropolis of the Haunts, the baths. I’ve been there are few times myself and found the area to be quite relaxing and calming, a previous Haunt, Miss Alice Hart, spent a great deal of time and energy restoring them.” A hint of sadness maybe in her tone. She missed Alice.

“Hmm. Photography can be interesting if done right. I’ll have to keep an eye on their schedule and see what catches my eye.” Though just enjoying the museum was pleasant as well. "What does the exhibit you're looking forward to entail?"

11. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bowing his head with respect, "I look forward to the call."

He found himself thankful, following the savage to the other painting. He wasn't sure if she was being playful or giving a serious, albeit gentle warning but either way it seemed wise to not imply what the Prince could or could not do in the future.

He found himself gazing over the painting when Ale's words pierced his thoughts, "Oh, this is an actual place? Does it still exist? Does or did it feel like how it is depicted here?" He caught the hint of sadness but was unsure of what was driving it. "The painting captures the essence of obfuscation quite adeptly. It is not surprising that it is a depiction of an area populated by the haunts."

"Chiura Obata is a master artist who moved from Japan to San Francisco in the early 1900s. Most of his life was consumed with art, both running a shop and teaching classes at many institutions. He experienced many hardships through the second world war due to his heritage, however. Most of his popular works are sketches and watercolors and you can often see the Japanese influences and the influences from his years as a prisoner. He was quite a remarkable man."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “It is. I was only granted access by a Haunt I considered a good friend. Her and I would spend hours at the baths talking. I’m not sure if they still look like this, it’s been over a year since I’ve been down there. I would have to ask Priscus Krieg if the baths are still there, being the only Haunt, it would be a great undertaking for him to upkeep. Especially with his numerous Domain commitments. Though I hope that someday I can visit them again, should the Haunts deem it ok of course.” She’d never use her position to gain access.

“Well, I’ll have to look his work up online. Watercolors can be quite stunning when done right.”
    But it wasn’t her style.

“I’d like to get some copies of a few of Caravaggio’s paintings to display here. He is considered the father of Baroque painting, and has a quite dramatic use of lighting. Not to mention his ability to capture the human state, both physical and mental. Worth looking into if you like a darker subject. But if sketches are more your taste, Da Vinci’s Female Head is exquisite.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread