Watch

(AGToO) Dawn

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze chuckles at Shodan's attempt at small talk, "You have no idea." he says. "No, it's fine." he says, "Just, really, really interesting."

Kaze stares out at the rain. "So, one thing about operations, there are always trade offs, and the opposition always has plans too." he says. "When it feels like you have all the bases covered, it's important to be aware of gaps. Because there are always gaps." he says.

"Like, for example, I am not sure that relying on just remote surveillance isn't leaving a gap. I'm wondering now, if the trade off would be worth it, for me go go invisible and get in close enough to see or hear directly." he says. "We could keep in communication by radio frequency. It's just that, if they came running out and had to get away in the car, I would have to get in to, so that's the trade off, quicker response but slower retreat."

Kaze turns to Shodan, "What do you think?" he asks. "How much are you getting from electronic surveillance right now, and do you have any sign of interference? Or is it too perfect, maybe looped?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Shodan grins "Now you've gotten me all curious" The Prime Mover wonders what could be on Kaze's mind "Come on, don't hold me in suspense!" He jokes, but the intent is serious. Now he really wants to know the story here.

Trade-offs, huh? Sounds reasonable "You're probably right. I mean, if we have an uber-hacker and a super-soldier on our side, then it's probably safe to assume they can have backup too" He thinks and gives the system he just hacked the once-over "Aaand you may be right that you're more useful in there than out there. But you wouldn't be totally invisible - there's rain outside, you'd be dripping wet, leaving water everywhere. Plus if they detect you too early and the contact is spooked, then not only is boss-man down one friend, but also the deal is off and this whole night might be for nothing" He offers.

"I'm not going to stop you or anything, just want you to consider all the angles"

Kaze's questions made him think hard on their position "Right now? Everything is super quiet. Also, there's no guards, the boss-man's contact must've cleared them out. Checking for intrusions..." He taps a few keys on the laptop's keyboard "But just so we're clear: there's no possibility of looped footage or anything like that. I'm not just looking over security's shoulder here. I am security here"

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 12:06:57 Shodan rolls 9 to Trace the hacker (10 Again) 5, 9, 10, 6, 9, 6, 7, 8, 6, 6 4 successes

To clarify: if I understand narration correctly, there's one other hacker in the security system with Shodan. Since I have sysadmin privileges, I could probably try to detect his presence. The roll represents that attempt

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles broadly, "Sorry," he says not looking very sorry, "it's not my call to share. I think it'll probably become obvious later though." he says like the matter is settled.

He nods. "Yeah, I agree, it's not worth the trade off, the risk reward. It's tempting just to want to feel like I am doing something, but honestly, First Talon is almost certainly seeing and hearing everything through Space, and is going to be the immediate response if something goes wrong anyway. I have complete faith in him; I just don't want to get complacent, so I still need to be sharp and think of what could go wrong, and what my best response would be, and how can I be in position for that response without getting out of position for something else." Kaze smiles again.

Kaze listens and nods and makes encouraging non-verbalizations as Shodan focuses on his laptop and keys in commands.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes Vincent liked this post

0 Scenes

He laughs, the VPN wasn't enough to hide his IP for long and his tunneling technique couldn't deter a triangulation effort, especially when he was this close to the gallery. Still, it afforded him enough time to drive the SUV away from the garage. The key is turned into ignition, the engine roars.
    Throwing a sideways glance at one of the monitors had him almost choke on the joint, some whale had put a bounty on Argon. It could be a coincidence, but he didn't believe in those. Somebody was snooping around before they did even have a chance. Yeah, tonight he'll play.
    One hand is on the wheel, another is fiddling with his iPhone, tapping Call. He needed to tell them.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 12:26:00 Newmark rolls 14 to ip Spoofing (10 Again) 4, 5, 3, 2, 4, 7, 6, 3, 4, 10, 8, 1, 6, 5, 8 3 successes

OOC
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

S
    Shodan

"Screw you, Kaze. Now I 'm not gonna be able to sleep" He is only lightly annoyed at the denial. For the most part, Shodan is just excited.

He wants to answer in a certain way to Kaze's words about being useful, but suddenly the script got rewritten "Well, I hope you got your wits about you, because we've got company. Someone just entered the system" And that someone must be very close to sneak up on him like that. Since no one with two brain cells to rub together would sit in this rain, there is only one possibility. A car, nearby.

"Text our people. Let them know there's a third party at play" He says to the Arrow.

As for Shodan, he is multitasking - trying to track whoever the fuck this is with one hand, and driving the car with the other, as possibilities give way to certainties. Of course, driving with one hand and your eyes not on the road is super illegal. But so is breaking into art galleries.

And the thing he's gonna do to this monkey once he learns where it sits.

"Hold on, I think I pinged a location"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 12:59:24 Shodan rolls 9 to Track the hacker - roll#1 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3 + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 3, 5, 3, 8, 9, 10, 7, 5, 2 3 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [07] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 9, 5, 3, 1, 7, 4 1 success
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [06] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 1, 9, 8, 7, 2, 10, 6 3 successes
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [05] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 9, 9, 3 2 successes
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [04] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 10, 2, 4, 2 1 success
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [03] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 4, 1, 9, 6, 4, 8 2 successes
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [02] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 8, 6, 1, 8 3 successes
    2019-02-25 13:00:17 [01] Shodan rolls 6 to Track the hacker - roll#2 (Int + Comp + Specialty - 3) (10 Again) 7, 7, 2, 1, 2, 5 failure

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

wrong account

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze keeps alert, takes out his phone and quickly texts bothAlastor andCampenella.

<<"FYI Interference in the system. Trying to track the resistance and compensate.">>

0 Scenes

()Mana 3 Spent

No bueno, Spider-woman and Tarzan hadn't picked up. Until then, he'd have to wait for them, no matter how risky it could be. Good thing though, he could use a stretch.
    He looked outside the window of the SUV, the sign by the stairs read sub-level 2. This was some serious multistory building he reckoned, a shitload of cars, lot of dough to be made, big trippin $. Then he saw something from the rear-view mirror of the car and he smiled again, ooh he liked it, something about a gentleman and a scholar. "Yo Dawg!", he shouted excited. A few angry keystrokes on his laptop later and he was yet again ready to park in the first empty spot he saw. Boss lady wouldn't like it one bit, but knowing her, she had already foreseen everything. Time for some serious juju.

Spell Recap

Rolls

__________________________________________________ ________________________

"Yeah, Imma have to call it a rain-check. No pizza tonight", he said jousting between the cigarette in his mouth, his iPhone and the heavy bag hanging from his shoulder. Talking about food, he moved toward the guard shack by the entrance, outside the premises, the great deluge was still rampaging in full force.
    "Hey", he asked the lanky Latino guard playing with the terminal. "Got any change for a fifty?", and pointing toward the vending machines, "I'm starving".

"No can do", was the guy's stoic reply as he hadn't even spared the attention to look away from the laptop,"ask somebody else", he shrugged behind the bulletproof glass.

Just then, a luxury sedan came aquaplaning and it was either by sheer luck or due to the driver's exceptional skill that it didn't crash straight against the reinforced concrete barriers of the entrance. The screech from the brakes was so loud that both men almost jumped in surprise.

"Holy shit", the guy said aloud, focusing his gaze first on the car and then on the blinking camera just above the entrance, "some people really like parking this much, figures". The guard on his part just stared annoyed, waved his hands off in the air at the annoying man, before going back to typing on his keyboard.

"Sigh", the man complained, before he too plunged back into his iPhone, waiting for the downpour to pass.
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Ha, and people said playing Need for Speed doesn't convey any real-life skills!" Shodan exclaims as they flawlessly waltz into the garage, right on the tail of this sorry excuse for a hacker "Okay, back to business. If you've been itching for some action then you're in luck, for we are about to make a citizen's arrest" He addreses Kaze and looks at the man that exited the van.

"Now this guy here, he's been trying to mess with us, so in turn we are going to mess with him and get some answers and some fun in the process. I'll hack the cameras and loop the feed for a couple of minutes, then we use some Forces to make the place real dark, you sneak up on him and the WHAM!" The Prime Mover claps his hands to underline a point "You snatch this bitch" He is already excited to see this plan unfold.

"Sounds good? Wait, what did you say your proficiency with Forces was?"

From what I read, we (our car and the van) have passed by the guard shack and are on, or on the way to, level -2. Is this correct?

0 Scenes

Shodan's laptop bounces back alive.
    On the screen, hundreds of tuples of paired ASCII characters followed by a single lengthy alphanumeric string:

MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCqGKukO1De7z hZj6+H0qtjTkVxwTCpvKe4eCZ0
    FPqri0cb2JZfXJ/DgYSF6vUpwmJG8wVQZKjeGcjDOL5UlsuusFncCzWBQ7RKNUSes mQRMSGkVb1/
    3j+skZ6UtW+5u09lHNsj6tQ51s1SPrCBkedbNf0Tp0GbMJDyR4 e9T04ZZwIDAQAB
    $$M451C$$

Shodan: even with computer 1, one would normally recognize the output of a hashing function and a public key, so for the sake of coherency two successes on a Int + computer roll will allow you to decrypt the message with the key, encrypt a response and attempt to trace back the source
    Kaze: As long as you have supernal vision up, a single success on a Wits + Occult roll will suffice to discover that the public key has been magically enhanced with the owner's signature, the text morphs at random intervals. You can roll scrutiny afterwards to identify the owner's resonance.

Rolls for clarity
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 5 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread