Ended
Watch

(AGToO) Dawn

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    S
    Shodan

The idea that Shodan can be of any help if a Master of techne and a paragon of Arrow badassitude encounter problems is eccentric at best, but what he's gonna do? Object? So instead, he replies with a simple "Roger that, boss-man" He rests his head on a window, observing the raindrops. Summoning what he remembers from idly perusing Google Earth to find a shortcut if one is needed.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-15 17:33:35 Shodan rolls 4 to Find shortcuts (Wits + Streetwise) (10 Again) 6, 6, 4, 2 failure

It does not amount to much. Undeterred, the Prime Mover searches his memory further still, this time to conjure any interesting piece of trivia that may prepare them for what's to come.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-15 17:33:58 Shodan rolls 5 to Know neighborhood (Int + Streetwise) (10 Again) 10, 6, 4, 2, 9, 7 2 successes

0 Scenes

Kaze : Through the foggy window of his passenger seat, the Awakened sees them. One after another, a host of cars speeds though the night, slashing the veil with their back-lit trails before being swallowed whole by the darkness of the city. The rain keeps pouring incessant.

Alastor : The Arrow is almost sure that the spatial distortion is a powerful ward. Whether its purpose is to safeguard whatever lies inside, or worse, to protect the outside world, the Arrow cannot say without studying any potential ban embedded in it.
    Without a Sympathetic Tap he can't pinpoint the exact moment the sympathetic threads are lit, but his Advanced Sight and his Correspondence spell are enough to fill the gaps in his knowledge. He imagines what he'd see, like a regular heart-beat the barrier pulsates along a tangled web of sympathetic threads being shot outwards into every direction. Among the webbed maze, he can spot the large intimate link between the Hierarch and the content of the canvas bag, another intimate thread links Shodan to his laptop and the Hierarch's USB-stick. The rest of those countless smaller tendrils of various intensities extends itself for an immeasurable length into the horizon of the city, falling out of view amid the downpour. The Arrow's command of Space is considerable, his sight can part the shroud of water unlike none of his peers inside the car, but he can't follow them for more than a couple dozen of yards, for he too has to succumb to the limits of the Lie.

Shodan : They're not far from the most upscale part of downtown. He's heard about this particular gallery, a former industrial space converted into a trendy loft, one of those places where the cultured elite goes to hobnob and sip their Martinis sheltered inside a rib cage of glass and steel.
    District 3 of the Sacramento Police Department lies nearby. Luckily, the Libertine remembers* there's an underground parking garage a handful of blocks away from their destination.
    *Google Maps, really.

Campanella : The die is cast. It's time to move.
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Damn, you have some bougie friends, boss-man..." Shodan says in wonder as it becomes apparent just where they found themselves "Fun fact: there's a police precinct not far from here, so chances are whoever shows to meet you will keep it cool. On the other hand, please don't do anything too illegal. Would be a shame to add the local 5-0s to the long list of our enemies..."

Even if the prospect of a high-octane car chase with sirens blaring and SWAT teams deploying is strangely thrilling for the Prime Mover.

"There's an underground parking garage not far from here. You want us to squat down there, or hover around the gallery?" He asks Alastor and Campanella "Speaking of which, has anyone thought of any form of wireless communication for this job? I mean, I can easily open a two-way channel with someone with basic control of Forces, but... I don't think anyone brought these fancy earphones bodyguards have in the movies?"

The first rule to preventing a horrific death and/or dismemberment is that the rescuing party needs to know it happens in the first place.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze keeps silent a moment, waiting for either Councillor Campanella or First Talon Alastor to clarify the priorities for him and Shodan as to protecting the data versus rushing in together if it looked like something had gone amiss. At least both he and Shodan could move invisibly in necessary to try to do both at the same time.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella half turns in his seat, then pauses on the cusp of speaking. He withdraws his half formed words with a contemplative gesture.

"I had not thought of that," he confessed.

Looking around, perhaps a little too hopefully: "Anyone skilled in the Mind Arcanum? I understand telepathy and such workings fall under the Mind's purview?"

Back to Shodan: "I was hoping you could stake out near the gallery. However, I shall leave it at your discretion. I would rather not alert any faction - potential enemies or the Sleeper authorities - to our presence; so if you feel that parking openly or driving around the block is too dangerous... You go where you are safe. If a crisis does occur, perhaps Alastor might be able to create an escape for us."

He risked a look at Alastor.

To avoid further embarrassment, the Moros collected the whisky in its presentation box.

"How about you drop us here. We can walk the rest of the way. And it will give you an opportunity to take a look around the block."

Internally, Campanella was kicking himself. He had been locked in his Sanctum for too long!
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Ruach, Vincent liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Alastor murmured, "What the hell are you holding onto there, Campanella? That thing has a superpowered Ward and ban on it... and it's super connected to you..."

At any rate, the First nodded. It was time to gear up and get moving.

Feel free to advance it.

S
    Shodan

No comms? Purr-fect. Here's hoping they won't need to elect a new Hierarch soon.

"I know some Mind cantrips, but not nearly enough for telepathy. Also I figure it'd be kind of draining for all of us to use it, and we need all the juice we can get, especially you two. Oh well, we'll have to use phones, I guess" Shodan summons his number onto the screen of his smartphone, then passes it to Campanella and Alastor "Here's my number. Make sure it's on speed dial. Also, set your phones on vibrate, we may need to contact you"

In the meantime, Shodan's hand dances on the laptop's keyboard, in an attempt to Google a floor plan of this gallery - an attempt that quickly proves futile. The mage grinds his teeth in frustration.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-20 01:54:33 Shodan rolls 8 to Google for floor plan (10 Again) 3, 7, 3, 1, 5, 2, 1, 4 failure

"Let me just try one more thing..."

What few people realize is that security cameras operate through a wi-fi network, rather than via actual wires. Meaning, you can access them remotely if only you know where to find a suitable access point. After that it was just a matter of worming your way in, minding not to set off any alarms. This is what Shodan's doing right now. If they can't get comms, getting the cameras' vision on his laptop is the next best thing.

7 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-20 01:55:43 Shodan rolls 13 to Hack cameras (Comp 4 + Int 4 + Specialty Hacking 1 + Eq. Bonus 1 + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 9, 10, 5, 10, 4, 10, 1, 6, 4, 9, 6, 6, 8, 3, 9 7 successes

0 Scenes

Shodan's first attempt fails, a scrupulous sysadmin might have patched the most common exploits. His second attempt however works like a charm and he levers a known protocol vulnerability to spoof the unusually strong signal coming off the WiFi network. So strong to register on a Read Matrices spell actually. Surprisingly the system is protected by a weak encryption, anyway, he cracks it.

It takes almost 2 minutes for the command prompt of the camera's embedded OS to appear. Then all of a sudden, the cameras reboot, filling his screen with the silvery live feeds of 5 different CCTV wireless linked devices. Odd. The entrance, a side exit, a large lobby, a deposit on the rear of the building and a camera facing directly an internal industrial elevator. It's a proper deluge outside, so even with the night vision motion sensors they're equipped, the external cameras provide limited visibility.
    The cameras inside however show a scene of eerie tranquility. It's dark and silence reigns supreme among the various pieces of artwork that populate the lobby. The dusty deposit is no different. The elevator however is on the ground floor, its doors are open. Other than that, everything is normal.

Rolls

The car slides against the wet concrete, a screech of brakes and it halts to a crawl. The Magi are several hundred yards away from the Gallery, it would be a relaxing walk if not for the heavy rain that will no doubt drench their clothes. Those with enough mastery of Forces [Read Matrices up] can see the electric fluctuations blowing through the underground power lines, burning through the LEDs of the street lighting system. The storm has effectively caused a partial blackout. [-3 to Perception checks while outside, doesn't apply to those with advanced spatial vision spells, trained observer, combat awareness and similar spells/merits]

What will you do?
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Right about now Shodan is a definition of tunnel vision. He types furiously on his laptop's keyboard.

"What the... Oh no, you didn't. You didn't just try to run a trace on me, did you? Wait a second..." A groan of frustration escapes his lips "God, what the hell are they using for security down here, a Trash-80? Boys, it's called encryption. It's just too easy. I'd let you off the hook, but stupidity always brings out the asshole in me" A moment of silence "Oh, right, yeah... no no no, nothing to worry about. It's just a super safe bit of data, not a self-replicating embedded bug or anything..." Another silent moment. If anyone'd look on Shodan's face right now, it'd show a mixture of tension and amusement.

"YES! Headshot!" He clears his throat, looking to all the other mages, his cheeks still burning "Sorry. Status report: I have vision through all the cameras inside and outside. Doesn't look like anyone's home yet, though. But the elevator inside is... open? On the ground floor" He gives the images a once-over again, just to be sure "You know what's weird, though? I noticed a few kilobytes of inbound data just before a reboot that was not my doing. I have no idea what it means, and I don't like that at all" Now for the best part "While I was at it, I broke into the local security, and it's disabled now. So if you want to take a souvenir or something, now'd be the time. Also, alarms and other stuff can be operated freely by yours truly, so if you want something - call, and the magic will happen"

Shodan is really proud of himself here, and oh boy does it show.

"Nothing more I can do. Right now, it's all you" He looks towards Alastor and Campanella, and then at the rain outside "I hope you brought umbrellas"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-20 16:26:25 Shodan rolls 3 to Detecting traffic? (Wits 3 + Inv 2 + Eq. Bonus 1 - 3) (10 Again) 7, 2, 8 1 success

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-02-20 16:27:35 Shodan rolls 10 to Disable alarms (Int 4 + Comp 4 + Specialty + Eq. Bonus) (10 Again) 8, 1, 7, 7, 1, 2, 10, 8, 7, 5, 8 4 successes

On the subject of Mage Sight: I purchased Prime 2 after this Scene was started, so Shodan still has Read Matrices Pot 6 as a monthly ritual, rather than Supernal Vision

0 Scenes

Somewhere in the night a man breathed a sigh of relief. Time to celebrate 4-20, he deserved it.
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread