Ended
Watch

The Bar Scene

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Retirement... that must be nice. Truly," the Wizened mused. He was older, but not retirement age, not by far yet. The idea of it didn't occur to him, really. How did their kind retire? It wasn't like they often live that long, where a 401(k) would matter. The fact that this potent representation of Wrath had managed to pull it off...

...well. Someone had to win the lottery somewhere.

With a nod to Fawkes' curt answer about work, he listened to the chatting. Circe fluffing herself up as a big thug. Abraham's love of adventure and stories. Abraham's increasing detail about looking for contracts. It was all useful information to file away, but it was the last that got him.

"I know the people you need to know, Mr. Fawkes. See me later."

He didn't get into it further. The swirl of conversation was more than enough to keep his mind busy as hell. He was built to blend in, and so he did, not drawing much in the way of attention save for what people might have wanted from him, regardless of how classy he looked or how well-cut his suit was.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had been too paranoid to take a good measurement of Rich. Abraham did have a point about the militant air of the man. Abraham's support got a grin from the Summer elf, "Great ta have yer support Abe."

As for the offer of a local draft from Richard, that got her to grimace. "Eh, thanks fer the offer," and holds her hand up in a stop motion, "But my stomach don't agree with hops. No beer fer me." But she listened as a tale was told by the mechanical military man. "Cool ta hear ya managed ta retire. Were ya an officer? And if yer with the club we got yer back. So ya should only need ta look over yer shoulder now ta see whose bones I'm breaking." Circe sips her tequila slammer after saying that.

Contracts? Circe eyes Fawkes for a second and then realizes her means the mundane kind not the other. "I know a theme park that would hire fer cleaners or security. If Max's angle don't play through that is." Circe figured it was obvious. She then leans in towards Fawkes to quietly add, "It at least gives ya a reason ta be there after hours." It was loud enough to not carry but not so quiet the rest couldn't hear her.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

Rich's generosity is appreciated with a nod and a smile. The draft beer sipped.

"Front row has the best view of the creen, right? Even if the speakers can deafen you gor a bit" he replies to the elder man "Like I said, my name is Abraham Norton" no point in rubbing the miss in further.

"A mercenary, then? You must've seen a lot of interesting things during your career" The Ogre was becoming more and more fascinating to the Flowering. He grows a bit more serious at what Rich has to say then.

"Well, things have changed a lot since the eighties"

He chuckles at Fawkes question "Me? Oh no, I have heard some are good sports, but it's not for me. I always thought I'd make a good Warden in the thorny parts. Must be that book by Salinger still shaping me" A pause "What about you? Would you consider yourselves Entitled?"

He eyes the Elemental "Private security? Guarding celebrities, watching nightclubs?" He's teasing, seeing how much can he get out of this Summer.

Maxwell is being mysterious, though. Just what kind of people was he referring to? Not the savory kind, that's for sure.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Flags were being tossed on the play, and things were under review. He wasn’t sure the pretty one had caught subtle language the stiff faced one was dropping, and more concerning how quick the onyx courtier was on top of this. His eyes darted between the two of them as his lips turned into a small frown for an instant, his fingers gently tapping his glass.

”I’ve held a few posts,” he brushed off Circe’s question of whether or not he was an officer, ”But I’m sure when we can talk about the glory days when there is less rukus.” Circe seemed like a nice girl, had some odd social queues but didn’t seem to mean any harm.

Back to Abraham, the name coming back to him as he had missed or forgotten it in the descent of lost on his location. ”Lots of interesting things believe me, I have tended to swear off the hedge these days as these old bones are old, and I can’t run away from any of the nasty beasty’s anymore.” He joked about it, not wanting to bore anyone with the details of things he may only find interesting. ”And it isn’t the eighties anymore, things have gotten better I won’t lie, but a lot hasn’t changed. Just depends on you side of the tracks.” He wasn’t going to start petty debates and wasn’t going to paint a grim picture, the bar was supposed to be a happy place!

”Mr. Fawkes, did you serve? Army?” He had seen lots of courtiers that had followed a same mold. Some it worked for and some it did not. Private security wasn’t a job most people just applied too so he knew the type they looked for, and he had run with that type. Combine that with a cleaner comment and he was not going to be handing the glass man a mop anytime soon. The service lifestyle and the things that normally needed cleaning were not good for a normal man’s psyche. He wasn’t a psychiatrist but he wasn’t going to let a spear grow dull.

6. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Indeed Abe, like a lot less hair everywhere," was her comment on things changing from the Eighties. "And less communism paranoia, they replaced it with other shit instead." A line that somewhat agreed with Rich's assessment of how things haven't quite changed. As for Rich's reluctance to talk about the good old days, that gets a non-committal nod from Circe.

As for swearing off the Hedge, that got a snort from Circe, "I find that place too useful fer my work ta abandon it. Sure its a bit prickly but ya get plenty of privacy. No worries about troublesome officials and the like givin' ya grief fer business." And then the ball was in Fawkes' court to see what he had to say. And she had a drink to finish off too, so she took another sip.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

The Elemental pauses for a beat to finish the watered down expresso, obviously slow to follow the questions of so many people at once.

He was used to flexing gangsters when his rigid expression invited a challenge, but a lively conversation was a hundred times more intimidating. Normally the unsettling creature faded into the background unless he wanted something.

Fawkes nods to Maxwell with a cold understanding of their particular brand of transactions. Leave it to the Silent Arrow to have need of a Cleaner.

The well-built elf mentioned something about a theme park. It wasn't the most morbid location he had worked with. "M'am, do your clients often do business there? Were they needing someone to make sure their transactions are respected?"

The bright dandy with the namesake of a shepherd apparently did not have the taste to be the center of attention. Fawkes took yet another moment to mull his query over. Hedge Wardens had promise, it was something that had attracted his attention in the past. "I haven't stuck around long enough to commit, but trips in the bush isn't new to me, if you want safety in numbers." Abraham's voice was lovely; it would certainly make excursions less sullen. The Entitlement granted power that would be very useful for anyone with the steel; it just needed reliable members to be worthy of founding a chapter. "Uh- for work," the less interesting topic, "General payroll. It depends on the contract. Usually violent, sometimes not. I avoid anything to do with the Teniente." The last part is more volume controlled to not drift beyond the immediate noise.

Rich was last, but not out of any lack of reverence. He was quicker to respond with a curt nod, "Syria."

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"My angles always play, miss."

With a final sip, he placed his empty glass on the countertop as he heard Fawkes tell his story, and say the one word that mattered. A card, with merely a number, was deftly offered to Fawkes in a smooth motion of his left wrist.

"Ask for Accounting at extension 243, Mister Fawkes. The service will put you through to where you need to go."

He flashed a polite smile to Rich, to Abraham, to Circe.

"Richard, it was a pleasure to meet you. Mr. Norton. Ms. Circe. Please, enjoy your beverages. I'm due somewhere. I'll look forward to the next time."

With a final nod of farewell, the Onyx Courtier left a hundred dollar bill on the table. Plainly, he was buying for everyone, even as he was walking away.

Maxwell J. Pierce leaves the scene.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham's eyes visibly shine as he hears Richard talking about his experiences. He looks forward to them meeting in more private circumstances to pry as many stories as he can from the Crimson.

There are no question towards the Flowering at present, which suits him fine. All the more possibility to learn something about them. Like...

"Look at us, having fun at a bar and yet we talk almost exclusively about work. I happen to know that the Crimson Lady over here" a nod at Circe "enjoys restoration and educating others in proper manners"

"What about you two? What do you like doing in your free time?"

The question is easier to ask with Maxwell gone. Apparently leaving bars mid-talk is his thing. Strangely, Abraham feels as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's nose scrunches up as her ears fold flush to her skull, "Fawkes yer a dear fer takin' ta the club speak so quick, but given that I've other clients too the phrasing is getting a lil' confusing," she then slowly shakes her head, "I never have my business and club clients interact. And no the club did not, it had the honor system workin' just fine ya could say."

As for Maxwell, "Nice ta hear yer so playful Maxy. Have fun," and waved bye bye to the dour Winter. She also nodded along with Abraham's mention of restoration. The Rogue Mobile and the display piece Thompsons she'd sold were proof of that. "One needs ta have hobbies."

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Maxwell may have been quiet but he had all sorts of attention from Richard. There was either a very big nonchalants about what was going on, or there were two very different levels of conversation. Rich listened to Fawkes response, eyes snapping to him with the simple answer, to which he simply smiled and nodded in response. He wasn’t going go asking the guy for war stories in the middle of the bar, but if someone in the court wasn’t stepping up and watching out for this stuff he may have to intervene.

”Fun?” He asked with a chuckle as he looked to the cheerful voice. ”This is my fun, come to the bar, do some afternoon drinking, catch a game or two - Basketball is my weakness, and my only regret about coming here because the Kings aren’t the Lakers. Though I should be looking for a gym or something while I wait for them to finish my court in the backyard and get the hoops installed” The iphone on his lap buzzed which grabbed Rich’s attention, he quickly eyed the message.

”Speaking of the devil, it looks like something regarding that has just come in.” The ogre grunted as he sat up, finishing what was left of his second drink that he had been nursing and setting the empty glass down before groaning almost melodramatically as he stood. ”It has been a pleasure meeting so many people I have something in common with so suddenly. Here is hoping we can all maybe make some magic happen.” He chuckled at himself, and would gladly give his number to anyone who requested it - though he urged for Fawkes to take it, ”You and I could definitely do with some shop talk.” he said with a grin before making his way out of the bar.

Rich leaves the scene - As people funnel out it may be a good time to look at closing things out as people have began to exchange info. But if anyone wants to keep at it all the power

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread