Ended
Watch

The Bar Scene

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Stern handshakes accepted and returned, there remains but one thing to do before a proper conversation can be had.

"Just a moment, gentlemen" Abraham says to the two Summers, and he circles back to the bar. Soon, he's back with a pint of pale ale in his hand. A chair pulled up "So"

"First of all, let me tell you that I am not here in any... official capacity. Just a man enjoying his time, like the two of you I presume. So no one will be dragging anyone anywhere. However, I do advise you take some time to get to know the four local presidents. They are of the hospitable sort, and besides - this community has an... additional layer of offices, unlike most others"

Richard's question was harder to answer than perhaps he himself suspected. Was Abraham a local? Or just playing one? "Well, I definitely intend to stay. Only a couple of months since I claimed residence, though. Still, barring a few exceptions, our community is rather young in terms of tenure"

An eyebrow is raised as Fawkes so crassly sums up three of the Freehold's members - including his own Monarch, it'd seem "My good sir, although I have not spent much time with the, uh... lobbyist you speak of, I hardly think she's stupid. Uncomplicated, maybe. With a strange sense of humor, certainly. But stupid? I dread to think what gave you the impression" He pauses "Although the assessment of the 'jester' is more or less correct. may not be philosophically inclined, but, again, hardly stupid. And also, a skilled combatant"

The knight-errant clears his throat.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your names?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's suit was a standard of attire for her, the jacket and slacks a nice formal touch. At least they would be if the Summer Monarch hadn't decided to leave the jacket hanging open with only a red half tank beneath. She wasn't expecting trouble at such a high end place so no need for her usual accessory. She could certainly show some skin at a place praised by Playboy.

The Tequila Slammer finally squired, the current leader of Sacramento's Summer looked around and noticed a gaggle of 'lings that included some new faces. And was the source of a powerful Summer Mantle, perhaps even superior to her own? That made her face go neutral. On the one hand she had kept Summer's presence in town solo quite a lot lately and this might be someone that would usurp her well earned authority.

On the other hand, less responsibility.

Sipping her drink, the blue Fairest decides to see what the would be challenger would be. Walking right up to the group she smiles around her drink. "Hmm, well hello boys are ladies allowed at this party," her tone is neutral as she lowers the drink as crimson eyes linger most on Richard, "Another new face in town is it?"

She takes a step closer to Richard as she looks him up and down, stone cold red eyes assessing him. Then stone breaks as the eyes fill with glee and blue lips break into a smile. The Gunbunny Smurfette has opted for the aggressively friendly approach, "Ciao pal, how ya doin'? If the boys don't wanna do introductions we can handle it. 'cause I like the air about ya, reminds me of me," she spreads her arms in glee, "always good ta have more folks like us in our club. Ya have a name that ya can claim?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

The storm cometh, and as he stared, and stared, and stared, Maxwell J. Pierce finally relented and looked back at him.

"Very well."

He rose, maintaining his beverage, maintaining his composure even as he moved to join the others. The Queen of Summer was there, and her... well. Her strength in the Court was outmatched, pummeled by this older newcomer. Who was he? What had he done? What had he seen? With a nod to the Queen and the group, he gave a little 'ahem'.

"It seems my peaceful bar has been..."

He resisted the urge to put on a set of sunglasses.

"...stormed. My name is Maxwell J. Pierce, and it is my pleasure to meet you both."

He offered handshakes to each, and indeed, to Norton and the Queen, though the latter was merely as a greeting which he accompanied with 'a pleasure to see you' before finding a seat.

"What brings you to town?"

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Clue presented themselves that settled Rich’s mind that this was more than likely an elemental he was dealing with. The blunt assessment was intriguing to say the least, gave him an idea of what he was dealing with if this was the assessment of things already. The emerald courtier didn’t do much to help the case, the explanation leading the mind down a certain path. Bridges he would cross when he got to them.

Seems like we have a colorful collection to say the least it seems. It may be a more eventful retirement than I had been expecting.

”Rich, pleasure.” He offered Abraham, ”Here is hoping it makes a decent enough place for both of us. If I can find a few more places as lively as this I don’t think it will be that bad.” He shifted back in his seat, and lifted his phone, glancing at the messages and quickly swiping his finger across the keyboard and sending the message, letting them know he was getting busy here. Rich glanced as Fawkes had quickly lifted himself up and approached the bar.

Another one? Did I stumble upon hottest Lost bar in the city? In the midst of his original drinking partner heading off to the bar, ANOTHER of the fair folk presented himself. He first noticed her as the hot pressure of his mantle rose and bubbled for a moment for sinking back down, the sense of imminent eruptions seeming to be a constating beating heart of threat. The woman made a forward introduction, and Rich had to chuckle.

”If you think you want to sit with a bunch of mugs like us, the more the merrier.” He chuckled softly as he uncrossed his legs, grasping his drink in both hands at the base of the glass. ”Plus if anyone is getting tossed, it will probably be my black ass” He gave a hearty laugh at the expense of his mask.

This was followed by the stare, with a grin still on his face his own iron gray eyes locked with the red not wilting under the gaze. Glass ‘em. The quick turn to jovial was a relief that the days of impulsiveness were far behind him. ”Well I’m glad people can still look up to their elders” The relative blessings of the season were not lost on him.

Fawkes returned, this time with the cold breeze that had brushed his neck earlier, which began to make more sense now. He extended his hand to meet Maxwell’s, offering the same tight grip he had given the others. ”Rich,” he offered to both Circe and Maxwell, trying to avoid sounding like a parrot when it came to saying his own name. ”retirement mostly. A dollar in LA is worth three here so figured might as well make the most out of what I squirreled away.” He raised the drink to his lips, finishing what was left before turning back, motioning to one of the servers and mouthing ‘another, please’, quickly returning his attention to the group.

6. Likes Origins, Krakenbox liked this post
    Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes's looks at his hand before it locks around Maxwell's in a similar matter to Abraham, with just enough pressure to remain comfortable. It took a lot more body awareness than he was used to. Talking and touching was making him feel something that made his carapace feel too tight. He wanted to explode and be done with it. Instead the plate with his stimulant cracks.

Sitting back in his original spot, he was about to drop the definition of 'stupid' as a lack of common sense, but found himself nodding to the familiar arrival,

"M'am."

Back to the bard, "Fawkes."

Back to Maxwell, "Work."

Conversation usually gives something for them to respond to, he decides to throw the question right back, "What keeps you here?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shakes Maxwell's hand and continues to focus on Richard. Circe shrugs with a smile, "Course I would. Nothin' wrong with a mug, especially since I consider myself ta be quite the thug. And they try, a supervillian will kick their ass. Since I'm Circe," she gladly shakes his hand. And was completely unaware that her namesake was actually a goddess. Probably better for her ego that she didn't.

Then Fawkes returned, "Cheers Fawkes. Aaaand I don't know what yer talkin' about but I can guess. I'm here shipping," she tilts her head with her right ear raised up and left one lowered down, "Theeeeee wholesaling kind not match making. Not sure if its wholesaling but best I can think of fer buy low sell high profit."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Abraham Norton

More handshakes offered. More accepted. The vortex of Seasons is intoxicating, truly the only thing needed for this cauldron is for an Autumn to step in and order a round. A genuine smile appears on Abraham's face as the Queen of Summer enters. She brings remarkable clarity to any situation.

A nod is offered as she asks to join them. Rich's words do the rest.

"Well, Rich, I think it's not a very good place if all you want is a porch to sit on and a beer to drink. With the turnover this city is said to have, you are bound to see lots of new faces. And although I am told that things are quiet now, you know what they say... always calm before the storm" He chuckles. The man's form is rather rugged, even if in a dignified way "Were you a serviceman, by chance? You have that look about yourself, if you forgive the boldness" Speak your mind, but always strive to be polite about it. That is and was Abraham's way. "I don't think they consider the money to have a skin color. But if they'd want to throw us out, I'd be partial to... persuading them otherwise with all of your assistance. Using the dignity behooving such refined company, of course"

"Work?" the knight-errant looks to Fawkes, eyebrow raised in a display of curiosity "What kind of work, if you don't mind me asking?" A pause "As for what keeps me here... the stories I hope to tell and record. And a promise of adventure. Doing some good in the process" The flowering smiles at the gathering.

C
    Cross

Post past me. I'll tag this thread when I can.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

The group grew at a pretty healthy rate, more than he would have ever expected it too at this point. It seemed that it had overwhelmed the wizened for a moment, that or he was caught simply listening. It was not the first time he would have seen one of their persuasion become more an observer than participant, but that was no reason to stir any pot. Everyone gave their answers, Fawkes’ answers being of particular interest, but he would leave that for the moment as the fruity one was directly speaking to him now, and it would be rude to ignore him.

”Fortune favors the bold, so long as you are willing to take a lick of two for asking.” He gave a small chuckle, before he was tapped on the shoulder, the server handing him another drink and taking his old glass. He leaned back for a moment and whispered something to her before making a circle motion with his finger before letting his arm fall back on the arm of the chair. “They should have a pitcher here for us, hope you don’t mind the local draft.” It would have been rude to not offer a drink for his company, especially seeing as he had been the instigating magnet.

”I don’t believe I caught your name though, that or I may be old.” he asked Abraham directly, not remembering if a name had been slipped into the conversation or not, at least not that he could remember. “But to answer the question, I didn’t serve in any official capacity one could say. I took some toll’s for a while,” a reference to the Toll Taker Knighthood, more a rag tag band of vagabonds than noble warriors, ”And I spent some time under a knight,” night sky or the avowed warrior, to the lost it was likely an easier conclusion to make, “And beyond that I more or less shuffled around getting into trouble here and there but always coming when they called me in. Paid off as they actually paid well, and I got myself a nice little house a short drive from the bar scene.” He laughed again at his own joke.

However Abraham made an almost cute joke about the color of money, it almost warmed Rich’s heart that some were so naive. ”Oh my sweet boy, I wish it were true, but if you were black in the seventies or eighties it was a different time. I was used to checking over my shoulder before [i]this[i].” He said motioning to his mien, which may have looked odd if a mortal had a sharp eye, but it proved his point. He still seemed in high spirits, and more so was looking to educate than chastise.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes watches Rich's gesture with suspicion, before the old memory of 'a round' trickled back somewhere from the seething storm. He frowned internally, trapped between keeping tabs on his intake and insulting aristocracy. The nuance did not come naturally: the Elemental distinctly remembered the last time he rejected a drink from a noble Spear, and had nursed the split across his face for two weeks. One should be fine.

He ponders an appropriate way of expanding on Abraham's nudge for details, "...Private security. I can clean, too." Money got tight sometimes.

The waitress frowns at his cracked plate, murmuring an apology before returning it to the kitchen. "Would you say you hold yourself to a Gold Standard?" Fawkes asked, slipping in the well-known guild of glory hounds. It was important to know which Lost in this community would sacrifice safety over a chance at attention and praise.

"Right now, I'm interested in contracts." He stares at the group, "Lack of job security makes me nervous." Unless all of these creatures were part of a big, incestuous Motley Pledge, the population was way too mobile to survive off good intentions.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread