Ended
Watch

(Gates) Market Muckery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Selena

From the doorway of Magdalina's, Abraham was in a predicament as to which prints to pick up. There was one that looked similar, if not identical, to the print that was at the spot where the items went missing at the Antiquarian's shop. They were larger than average, so a little more distinguishable than most. But one particular thing about the print, a small little bump was left to the side every opposite print. With that, the chase was on. Yet, the problem would be that the prints weren't fresh and there were other prints across or overlaying on that set.

The Spring's findings were about to lead him to an outdoor stand. It had flowing scarves and a canopy overhead. The prints seemed to stop there, and go back and forth a bit. The one running the booth looked tired and was sat sprawled partially in the chair. His wears were all sorts, blank books, quills, pens that were from the human world, and numerous other items that were all from the human world. Including a giant basket of fidget spinners labeled 'Self Fascinators'.

When Sera and Rhodes followed, they would easily be able to find Abraham as the first stop from the perpetrator wasn't far from Magdalinas.

Continued from here.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord of Autumn inclines his head to Magdalina and offers his arm to Serphina as they move unhurredly out of the shop. With measured steps Rhodes follows the path made by the Spring knight up to where he pauses.

"Well, that certainly could have gone better," he remarks dryly. "I feel somewhat ill-equipped for prolonged time in the Hedge, but then again I hadn't conceived I would be here this afternoon." Rhodes emits a small sigh.

"Have you seen anything, Sir Norton?" He enquirers to the knight.

Besides a thoroughly black and white view of morality?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham gives the Dread Lord a long look of the 'are you for real?' variety.

"Is that even a question?" he says, and points to the prints.

"One adult, likely male, humanoid. Old trail, couple of weeks at least. Judging by the size of the foot he is of the taller and stockier breed, but you can never be certain with most people that wander the Hedge. The trail leads straight from Magdalina's shop to that stand over there" He indicates the stall with Ironside trinkets with a slight head tilt "And there it ends, with a bit of a back-and-forth prints, like he was circling around the stand" If there even was a stand there at that moment "There's also a small bump left to the side of every opposite print, but to be honest I don't know what it could mean"

Abraham knew of contracts that'd completely change the nature of one's trail, or even erase it altogether, but it makes no sense that whoevewr did it remembered he had access to them only after he had left prints. Perhaps the vendor knew more?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She blinks in surprise, accepting the glove and necklace. Glancing at it, she places it around her neck, nodding and smiling to the woman, “Thank you.” The glove was tucked in her bag.

The Treasured then accepts Rhodes arm, walking out with him, her other hand fiddling with the whistle. She was curious about it.

A small smirk tugs at her lips, “That’s true, though it could have gone worse.” A slight shrug, they worked with what they had. “Well, the path is rather direct to the Market, if you wanted to leave to get better prepared.” She offered, “And I wasn’t expecting a Hedge trip either.” Her arm gently squeezes his forearm.

Listening to Abraham, she looks to the stand, “Worth talking to them, maybe they saw something.” She says with a shrug. Tracking wasn’t her thing, but she could invoke a Contract to make it hard to track herself, maybe that was done here?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes holds the Spring Knight's look unflinchingly with a steely-eyed look of his own. "Of course it is, and a reasonable one at that. We followed you, Abraham. You are the one that professed to being experienced at tracking, not me - all I see is assorted prints in the dust that could belong to anyone. I am more than happy to work on the assumption you know something and possess skills I do not, but don't stand there and act like I am the fool just because you assume it is obvious to anyone." The icy wind of the Dread Lord's mantle breezes around them, chilling the spine. He sighs lightly. "Now, if you want to be uppity about how the local hedge citizens handle their own version of justice and how it falls short of your standards, that's your prerogative. But let's at least try and work together civilly, shall we?"

He listens to the breakdown by Abraham, nodding. His fingers gently slip over Sera's as her arm rests on his. "A small bump? A cane perhaps? Preceding each alternate step?"

He looks to Sera with a shrug. "We're here now. I will have to make the best of it. But talking to them seems like the logical next step. Just a shame we don't know more about this individual's appearance. If he passed that long ago I can't spot their visage with a contract. That would make this easier."

Rhodes looks over at the stall, trying to spot a shopkeeper.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

A
    Abraham Norton

Now that is a tirade he didn't expect.

"For all my experience in tracking, I think your sense of humor would prove too elusive a prey, o King of Bitter Words" He says, grinning. Maybe that'll be an obvious hint the knight-errant is being tongue-in-cheek. Still, for all his unneeded seriousness, Rhodes' idea is worth considering "A cane it could be. We shouldn't tunnel-vision ourselves, but it's a good guess"

It seems everyone wants to talk to the vendor, so that's what they'll do. He'll hang back, though. Not because he can't do it, more to avoid grating on the other Fairests. They don't seem to appreciate his particular style of persuasion. Jus a start, then...

"Hail and well-met!" He says to the vendor under the canopy "Nice selection you have here. Have you been here long?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-28 12:47:59 Abraham Norton rolls 5 to Are you a liar, Mr. Merchant? (Wits + Subterfuge - Clarity) (9 Again) 5, 5, 6, 2, 6 failure

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Mentally, she sighed. But she did agree with him, they needed to work together, especially here in the Market, in the Hedge.

A cane was a good possibility. One they couldn’t rule out.

She nods, “An appearance would have been a huge help. But perhaps the right questions will yield us more answers. Or at least a direction.” She wasn’t sure if any of her Contracts would be useful yet. Tracking wasn’t her thing. But being charming and friendly was, maybe that would get them somewhere.

Walking up, she lets Abraham speak, before glancing around at the wares.

Sapphires look to the Shop Keep, “You have such beautiful wares! Do you find them yourself?” gushes the Treasured with a friendly smile.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-28 13:47:42 Seraphina rolls 11 to Charming Nix(Pres+Pers+SL+DV) (10 Again) 8, 5, 3, 7, 8, 3, 9, 6, 1, 9, 6 4 successes
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes settles back into a neutral mask. Abraham seemed to think this was a game. So be it.

As the Springs inquire with the shopkeeper, Rhodes casts his gaze around, trying to see any clues.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-04-28 17:41:18 Rhodes rolls 7 to Investigation: Wits+Investigation (10 Again) 5, 5, 9, 5, 4, 7, 5 1 success

S
    Selena

The Steepscrambler whirled around and his cape nearly knocked over his table. The man was definitely fox-like, short and quick moving. His hands were also hairy, and his face was more fox than human, but it was definitely humanoid. "Oh my my, sorry, attention wasn't paid."

The first person to address him, he replied with a quirky brow. "Well, that depends on if you mean today, this week, or how long I've been at the market young chap." She said with a jovial curled lip, that showed his teeth a little.

But, who he really had an eye for was the beauty marveling over his wears. "Oh miss, miss, miss! I receive them from all over. Some have found them on the road, or at this fabulous places called Target, which I can only assume is an archery store. Then the Mart of Walls! I hear they have some magnificent finds!" Picking up a fidget spinner, he spun it and grinned. "Do you see these? They are all the rage down here! I have traded some wonderful things for these." He waved his hand through the air. "I have called them Self Fascinators, and they go as fast as hedge fruit around these parts. In fact, I have gotten some rare fruits in trade for these."

ooc

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sapphires widen with amusement as he spoke of the items, “All over?” she marvels, watching the merchant. She knew what Target was, and while they had archery things, it wasn’t all they sold.

“Self-Fascinators?” she asks, “Wow, you’re quite impressive with those!” if they were that popular, she might have to carry some with her from now on. “You must tell me your secret!” she says with a wide friendly smile.

“Oh, rare fruits? Can you tell me what type?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.