Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes had methodically cleared away all the tables and chairs from the Spring tavern to the sides, creating a reasonably open space. Mentally, he made a note to thank Ingrid again for letting him use the space. Good cause or not, it was only polite.

I hope no-one minds sleeping on the floor. Besides, it’s good for your back.

The Dread Lord had promised to teach some of what he knew about Dreams and Oneiromancy, and the new year seemed like a good time to try. Though the suspicious behavior of Queen Anne seemed to have abated, Rhodes could neither tell whether it was the Oneiroscope that alerted her or not. Making sure that the Freehold had at least a passing familiarity with defending themselves in the dream would be invaluable, as it was another way the Gentry could reach them.

Had reached me… as she slipped into my dreams and tore me asunder…

Rhodes jolted from his reverie. There was no mistake; his memories were coming back more. But they were only memories, like any other; he had to control them, until they were just things that happened. That was the price of the Wyrd’s power.

He takes a deep breath and looks around the room, waiting for the first keen mind to arrive.

I’ve been saying I’d do this forever, and I finally did it! This is an open scene for Lings to learn about Dreams as so many were interested.

It will start in the Tavern, and the lings will traverse into Rhodes’ dreams so he can show them the basics of Dreamstuffs.

There is a link to the Oneiromancy Primer HERE which peoples might find useful.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Abyssalstar, Vincent liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"S-sir Rhodes. W-what a pleasure! Milk or Lemon?", the starry-stuck Briton asks, entering the canteen and shifting her celestial sapphires between the boiling kettle and the elegant gentleman standing in the middle of the room. It was a pleasure really, receiving guests in their cute little hollow, and one as charming and well-mannered as the Ashen Sovereign himself. Doubly so! Even her wisps had gotten used to his presence, they still felt threatened of course, but were a little more placid in their midair drifts. Atop her head a midnight rose sprung up, just to wave hello at him. She adjusted her white shirt, "The Queen informed us of your visit. It's been a while, I hope the Winter has been treating you well".
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham also made his way down to the Tavern, intending to listen to what Rhodes has to say. The man certainly advertised the training well enough, and apart from its practical value, surely wading through dreamstuff will be interesting and entertaining. It seems the first student has already arrived, though

"King Rhodes, Lady Titania, well met!"

His clothing is casual and simple, in preparation of mopping the floor in their sleep. Would be a shame to waste fine fabric.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The simian Beast strolled into the Hollow, clearly already familiar with the place. She came dressed in comfortable blue jeans and a red hoodie. Her Hedgespun boots activated as soon as she entered the Hedge space, golden light flaring from the lines of the wind icons engraved into the leather. Sonja smiled and held her arms up in greeting to those already here.

"Starlight! Sir Abe! You're here for the TED Talk, too? Awesome!"

She turned to Rhodes and made a little bow. "Very cool of you to do this, your Autumnal Royalness. Do you do this kind of thing often? Oh, and I brought a pillow. Is that okay?" In demonstration, she pulled a throw pillow out of her bag and showed it off. It had Donkey Kong on it.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

6. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She couldn’t help it, she was excited about learning more about Dreams. Her only experience thus far had been with Mhari, and she really enjoyed it. So of course, she wanted to learn more, maybe hone her own skill with it.

Comfort was key today! As such, she wore an old, and carefully torn pair of jeans with a t shirt. Her usually wavy hair was pin straight, and she wore no makeup. Not that she needed it, she knew she still looked amazing. Her Hedgepsun necklace sat around her neck, the jacket, draped over her arm. She even had sneakers on!

Strolling in, she smiles as she spots so many coming. Ok, maybe inside she was hoping it would have just been her and Rhodes, but that was ok. Her necklace seemed to come to life around her neck, multiple colors dancing and changing around her. The jacket shows the delicate spider silk weave, almost too delicate to touch. But she knew better.

“Hey everyone!” greets the angelic voice. Sapphires turn to Rhodes, “King Rhodes, thank you for providing this for us.” Her eyes lingering a bit.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes' smile blossoms as Titania emerges from the front. "Titania! How wonderful! Oh, lemon, if you'd be so kind. I didn't know you were interested in Dreams. What a pleasent surprise," he smiles, taking the cup and watching her marsh-lights. "It has, hasn't it? I am sorry. I should have made more time at the Coronation. Winter has not been quite as generous as Autumn, but, that is the way of things, of course. How have you been?" He treats her to his charming smile.

The Dread Lord inclines his head as the Springs surround him. "Abraham! Good, good. And Sonnie! All prepared I see!" He sips his tea. "This is the first, to be honest, but if people find it useful I'd be happy to run more. Dreams are the closest we come to True Magic."

When the door opens again, he turns, and something feels lighter inside as Sera steps in. His emerald eyes watch her as she greets everyone, lingering on her. "Sera! How wonderful!" The air practically crackles between her and Rhodes, and his mantle blows a chilling breeze through the air.

Rhodes tears himself away and perches on the end of a table and sips his tea. "Well, we should give it a few minutes more, but there's no harm in knowing your skill in the dreaming before we begin. Do you all know how to enter the dream of another, and teach someone else to? Because if you all do, I'll begin prepping the, ah, environment." He smiles. "I will say, for this practice, we shall be in my dreams, in my head. I would appreciate it if you do not pry, or you may find yourself experiencing several sleepless nights in the future. I am trusting you all inside my very psyche." The Flowering's tone is gentle, but guarded and firm.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

10. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"And lemon shall be", she said, arranging a dozen lemon slices on a plate in a small tin tray, "My interest is purely scientific, my Lord", she answered, "the season has been uneventful, I'm afraid".

"Sir Abraham", she greeted the errant (s)wordsmith, "Lady Sonja", she frowned, stressing on the Lady part. Sera's appearance however, morphed her scowl into a genuine smile. "Lady Seraphina", she chirped awestuck by the Fairest's necklace, "Please, join us. We're having cream tea".
    They'll enjoy their tea, finger sandwiches and skons with cream like a proper Court, "Of course, my Lord. We shall behave like proper guests and be mindful of your privacy", she offered. At the time, a spheroidal wisp petted himself against Sonnie's tail.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

12. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

Two more Lost. Accidentally, both Springs. Truly, the Emerald Court is all over the place in this freehold.

"Well, if it isn't the Commander-in-Chimp herself" Abraham quipped in Sonnie's direction "here to start some monkey business, no doubt"

He raised his hand in greeting when Sera strode in. Not because he didn't feel the need to respond verbally, it's just that in the presence of a voice this beautiful, his own seemed woefully inadequate. Listening to what Rhodes has to say, the Knight-Errant is a bit surprised to hear that True Magic (whatever the capital letters meant) is out of the Lost' grasp. Aren't Contracts true enogh for the Ashen Lord? These considerations are cut short with the flaring up of his chilly Mantle.

"I can't say I'm an expert regarding dreams" He says in response to the Autumn's inquiry about their Oneiromancy skill "But proper focus of mind among the Thorns is the way to go, I think? We are all lucid dreamers, I believe all it takes is riding the wave already there" He pauses "I concur with Lady Titania here, we respect the boundaries of others"

Speaking of Titania, the frown and change of tone was duly noted. Was it just the difference in temperament that stood between the two Springs?

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Hi Sera!" she smiled and gave the Nix a friendly wave as she set her bag and staff aside. Holding her pillow in her arms, her attention was pulled back to Titania, whose reaction confused her. Sonnie quirked an eyebrow curiously at the Telluric, but then smiled.

"Why yes, I am a lady. Thank you for noticing!" She waggled her eyebrows and winked at the British Fairest. "And I'll take some tea if you're offering, hot stuff. Have any oolong?" Her teasing mercifully stopped when Abraham spoke to her, though she did wave at Titania's little will o' the wisps. The Beast turned towards the flowery knight.

"Oh, no! No monkey business, Abe. I'm here to learn about dream-o-mancy from our generous sifu. I've not done much of anything besides play out fantasies in my own dreams. Ever give yourself the lead role in Die Hard? It's sweet!"

Finally, she looked to the aforementioned Sifu Rhodes, to whom she gave a little bow of her head. "No need to worry about me. I won't go prying. I do respect the teacher-student relationship. Kung fu or dream fu, I'm here to learn!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The chilling breeze was felt as her flowers were rustled from around her feet. In response, she flashes a knowing smile to him.

She walks over to where the others were gathered, finding a seat.

“Well, my skills are lacking in that sense. I’ve gone into Dreams, but it was with the aide of another. We were going in to fight off what was tormenting the poor guy. Have to admit, it was one hell of a fight.”
    But fun. The memory of using her flower petals as a form or brass knuckles brings a smile to her face. That was awesome. “But that’s it.” Aside from her own. Looking to Rhodes, there was a solemn nod, “Of course.” Trust was earned with baby steps. Respecting what was asked was one of them.

At the offer of tea, she fixes herself a cup. Coffee was her preference, but it would be rude to refuse. But the change in tone was noted when Titania addressed Sonnie. Did she miss something? A questioning look was offered to Rhodes before a single shoulder shrugged.

“Thank you.” She says to Titania. “I should get lessons from you in making a proper cup of tea sometime.” Might be a nice addition to her shop.

The wave was returned to Abraham, though she wasn’t sure why it was just a wave. But, whatever.

“Hey!” she replies and waves back. The pillow was cute. “Like the pillow! Is it part of a pair?” her tone genuine.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread