Ended
Watch

The Seneschal's Office

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    V
    Vivian York

There had been a letter addressed to the Daeva regarding covenant business. The Seneschal's office was dark and full of reds and blacks. There were a few ornamental things, but nothing outrageous, not as one would think.

Vivian wore a suit with a bit of flare. It was a meeting after all, and she wasn't trying to impress the man with her looks, for the most part. If she was to impress anyone, it would be Rebecca.

The Daeva had paperwork, and other bookkeeping ready on the table behind her desk. A second chair was on her side of the desk so that Rebecca could sit by her. Across from her, a seat for the Mr. Exlibrist.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam arrived exactly at the time and date on the letter. Wearing his typical suit. As he approached the office areas his beast stirred sensing the stronger predator just beyond. She wouldn't sense his but hers was strong enough to cower the one in his chest. Tightening his tie, Adam knocks on the Seneschal's door.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The night was not starting off good. Vivian had asked Rebecca to join her to meet with Adam, and as such she considered it official business and wore a pinkish-silver ensemble that mixed fashion with a professional flare. Unfortunately, her mask did not want to cooperate as well as her clothing and she felt it fall apart right before her eyes. Her eye twitched in frustration and again she willed the blood within her to form her usual mask of friendliness and pleasantness and it succeeded.

Once her appearance was as it should be she made her way to the Nox for the meeting. As she made her way down, through the crowds and roped lines, she immediately noticed a man with no felt beast, but who she knew was one of them, standing outside the Seneschal's door. Stepping carefully up next to him she turned to the man and said with a friendly smile, "Good evening Mr. Exlibrist. How good to see you."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-10 10:29:36 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen-1) (10 Again) 6, 6, 10, 8, 5, 3 2 successes
    2019-01-10 10:29:25 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 4, 5, 3, 1, 3, 5 failure

V
    Vivian York

"Come in, please." She said with an upbeat lilt in her voice. Upon the arrival of Adam, her inner serpent didn't flinch. Yet, when Rebecca arrived, Vivian had to distract herself by re-stacking the paperwork in front of her.

Motioning her hand to the chair opposite of her desk, she said to Adam. "Please, have a seat."

"Harpy Simmons, please join me on this side, in case you need access to any of the items behind me." Her other hand flowed to the chair next to her.

"I presume the two of you have met? If not, Harpy Simmons, please meet Mr. Exlibrist of the Lancea Sanctum." Nodding to the Mekhet in the room.

"Mr. Exlibrist. So as you mentioned, you were sent by the Cardinal of San Francisco, was it?" She sat with her hands neatly on her lap plainly, and her legs crossed.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam turned to greet the Harpy. Her beast being equal to his, there was only a momentary stirring. "Many blessings Madame Harpy, it is equitably good to see you. I am here to see the Seneschal. Do you have an appointment also?" The conversation was interrupted by the directive of the Seneschal. Opening the door Adam entered and had his question answered as the Seneschal instructed the Harpy where to sit.

Bowing to Vivian and clasping his hands in prayer Adam took the appointed seat and responds, "Many blessings to you, Madame Seneschal. Yes, we had the pleasure of conversing at the most recent gather. It was very agreeable."

Straight to the point. Vivian was showing qualities that Adam admired. "Yes, Her Eminence Cardinal Dominique Evalda anointed me as a Legate tasked with ascertaining the status of the Second Estate in Sacramento. It has been some time since successful communication has been achieved, leading the Cardinal to fear something of concern had taken place. As the Harpy and others of the domain have informed me, the previous Sanctified abandoned the city. As alarming as this news may be the Cardinal has instructed me that should such a fate be the case, I am to attempt to access the church's libraries for any and all records pertaining to the church's activities in Sacramento, secure any relics and artefacts that may threaten the traditions and church canon. That, I do apologize if it was an annoyance, but that was the reason behind my inquiry into the Moore House. It is the last known sanctuary belonging to the Second Estate."

Feeling honesty would be the best approach, Adam quickly added. "I have already visited the remains of the Estate's previous sanctuary, All Hallows Church which burned about a decade ago. I must admit that it has been picked clean of any threats, but thankfully due to some administrative abilities of the court, it seems to have been safely kept out of Kine hands."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca merely smiled her friendly smile as his question was immediately answered. She stepped through the door behind him, making her way to the other side of the desk. A respectful bow of her head was offered to the ever enticing woman. "Madam Seneschal York. It's so wonderful to see you this evening. I absolutely love your suit, and you look slendid in it. I've always been partial to dresses myself, but maybe I too should try a suit from time to time."

As Rebecca took her seat on Vivian's side of the desk she agreed with Adam. "We had a very pleasant conversation in Court."

Then Vivian introduced the focus of the meeting and Adam began his explanation. Rebecca placed a notepad on the desk with several neatly written notes. "You had requested at the last Formal gathering that I look through the records of Harpy's past for any information pertaining to the Sanctum. In my review of the limited records I possess I have been able to determine that as recent as 2016 Bishop of the Second estate was Kenneth Gilroy, who was formerly Priscus of Clan Nosferatu but at some point appointed to the position of Seneschal and Regent of the Necropolis. There was also a notice for a sermon at the Moore House on (date/time) of that same year. The next event of note was some dedication ceremony at what was labelled the 'Dark Temple' by Gilroy and a 'Priscus Josephine Sterling.' who had held the title of Bishop before Gilroy." She looked up from the notepad and focused her attention on Adam. "Those are the relevant records I have. Nothing on the current state of Moore House, though ownership appears to remain with the Lance."

Rebecca is relying on the Harpy Whispers threading, assuming it is a collection of notes maintained and collected by Harpy's in an attempt to smooth over information transfer. Since the wiki for Moore House has not been updated, it's assumed ownership with the covenant has not changed unless an ST wants to change it. Cross Steven

S
    Steven

The Ownership of the Moore House property is maintained by a shell company that is in turn controlled by the Lancea Et Sanctum. However, it does not provide any mechanical benefit (see Haven) unless the active group of the Lancea Et Sanctum is willing to put forth the XP. This is similar to the recent crop of Ordo Dracul who had to rebuild their Chapter House since none of the previous players were active.

V
    Vivian York

"Harpy Simmons! Wonderful to see you as always. Silver looks smashing on you dahling, of course, you'd be hard pressed to find something that didn't look amazing on you!" It was true, the Ventrue had quite the taste for suitable fashion.

It was interesting that other Domains even gave two clicks about the Domain of Sacramento. Vivian didn't bother to research the surrounding Domains unless there was evidence of a threat. Was this a threat? Upon the words that Adam uttered, the Daeva turned and gave Rebecca a concerned look.

"Since Kenneth Gilroy and Josephine Silver, er Sterling, left, no one has taken any interest in resurrecting the Lancea Sanctum. There may have been one or two who quickly came and left. However, security checks are often done on establishments that are or previously were Kindred owned. This is for the protection of the entire Domain." There was no inflection of Vivian's voice. It was still entirely all business like, and professional. Although, there were little notes she was jotting down on the paper on the desk in front of her.

"Curiously, what relics or artifacts would threaten the traditions or church canon? If they are a threat to the Domain, I think that the Domain officials should probably be aware of these."

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"In 2009, a copy of the Testament of Longinus fell into the hands of some Kine scholars at a university.1 I am unfamiliar with Moore House's layout, surely it contains a library. If so, there could be records we would not want the Kine to see. As well as any reliquaries or alters. I do not know what Creed was dominate here after Mother Superior Donna Maria left to return to San Francisco in 2009.2 Moore House was established after her departure. Church correspondence with the Bishops of Sacramento has been sporadic over the years."

Adam was careful with his words. He was being scrutinized and examined. He would do the same if in these ladies' position.

"Much like the contents of Dragon Libraries or Invictus Vaults, I am uncertain as to what could be found at Moore House that my Sanctified Brothers and Sisters have left behind. Covenant Secrets are kept even among their own members. I am here to make sure that whatever was left behind does not threaten the Traditions or this Domain."

Adam was being honest. The contents of the Moore House were a mystery. Inner Covenant politics among the Second Estate could be more treacherous than the political dichotomy of the Carthian Movement. It was a theological matter of Kindred and Kine souls.

"If my brethren did, in fact, desert their duties, then it is mine to clean up and repair the covenants standing here in Sacramento. With the blessings of the Sultana and her court of course."

1. I used the copyright date and contents of the introduction to the Testament of Longinus book to establish this.
    2. Mother Superior Donna Maria is an established character played by DaevaDude in 2009, she left the Domain for San Francisco.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Oh Madam Seneschal, if I could you'd make me blush. It is you who always looks amazing." And Rebecca meant it of course.

Then discussion over artifacts and secrets began. "Let us hope that whatever records were left behind were concealed, encrypted, or destroyed, lest those of the past be guilty of setting this Domain up for a massive breach of the Masquerade." Rebecca understood the importance of keeping things secure, and worried what may have been left behind. "My largest concern is that I have been here for many months and heard nothing of the Second Estate. A property left, abandoned, for such a long time...I shudder to imagine the sloppy mess left behind. In fact, you may just find that ruins are what was left in the last Bishop's wake." It would be bad for Adam if such a thing were true, because even if the building was burned to the ground, who knew what had been left behind for certain nefarious factions to find.

"But at this point all you can do is go to the location to investigate. If you need accompaniment, I would be happy to assist. But should you decide to go alone we would still want assurances that no breach had taken place, or at least that it appears none has." She wasn't really speaking for the Seneschal per se, but Rebecca had a feeling that Vivian felt the same. Though Rebecca wasn't above having her words modified by a higher power.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.