(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

(Of Birds and Savages)Vitae 1 Spent
    FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Nox was quiet when Court wasn't in session.

In truth, it was the first time since her arrival that Blackbird was able to observe the opulent chamber without the press of Beasts and, as she reached the bottom of the stairs, she would stop for a long moment.

Just to drink it in.

Soon though, the pale blue gaze of the neonate landed on the door of the office of Alessandra Antinori, the Prince herself. Within, a reminder to come and do what she wished to do.

Blackbird was dressed rather conservatively for the occasion, rocking a simple white lace dress and cream heeled sandals. Her hair was done in a french braided bun and even her face was makeup free, allowing her natural beauty to shine through in a way she rarely allowed. Even the bird's flesh was flushed with false life. For her the look served a dual purpose. On one hand, it was an visual self-exploration of what remained of the bird's Humanity. A Dragon's education is never done and, for the moment, Blackbird was affording herself the chance to be her own teacher.

On the other, Blackbird had come to discuss business. The look allowed her to lay herself bare to the Prince in a way, which was befitting of her goals for the evening. Blackbird rarely chose to appear as she did without reason and, for her, this look had a certain purity to it.

Steeling herself against the Beast to come, Blackbird quietly made her way to the Prince's door. After a final moment to ready herself, she knocked.

Expenditure is for Blush of life

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

On one of the shelves sat two vases, no flowers in them, but they were filled with an ashy substance.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, new chairs actually. They looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright. It was in the seating area that the Prince sat.

Beside the Savage laid a rather large Rottweiler, and the Prince herself was looking at a folder. Her clothes were more casual, a bright green tank top and black leather pants. Behind her, hanging on her chair was a holster with two large guns secured. The top drawer of the desk was open slightly and contained a few stakes. No more ruining office furniture for her.

The knock drew her attention, and Cains, as his large head lifted off the floor.

"Come in."
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird would slip in through the door, feeling the rush of fear the presence of the Prince evoked. Quickly, Blackbird bowed deeply, holding it for some long moments. In truth, the time that Blackbird took to face the floor afforded her the opportunity to cage the hare her Beast had become, shutting down its cries to flee through.

Straightening herself, Blackbird would offer a small smile before clasping her hands gently together at her front.

"Good evening, Your Majesty," she offers, her tone calm and collected, "I do hope I haven't interrupted anything crucial... I was hoping to discuss a matter of the Domain, if you have the time."

She'd allow a pause to hang until the Prince fully acknowledged her and responded. Blackbird had already offered greetings and the reason for her intrusion, it was time to see if the Prince would entertain an audience with her before continuing.

Confidence and caution in equal measure, Bird. Relax.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her Beast immediately takes notice, a Weaker Beast had dared enter! Rend her flesh, snap her neck, end the Weakness! But there would be none of that. She liked the Daeva.

Dark eyes look at the Priscus as she enters, Cain’s own eyes following each movement. A hand goes to rest on his head, to put him at ease.

“Good evening to you as well.”
    Replies the Savage with a smile. “You haven’t, just looking at some properties.” Closing the folder, “Sure, I have some time to talk. Please,” she gestures to the seats, “have a seat.”

The dog will continue to watch her, not moving.

“How’ve you been?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird would dip her head in gratitude.

"Thank you," she offered as she took her seat. Cain's stare was felt, but Blackbird did her best to ignore it. She was not in the habit of looking into the eyes of Hell Hounds or any large guard animal for that matter.

The Prince's smile allowed some ease in the neonate. "For business or pleasure?" she asked, referring to the properties the Prince had been looking at.

"I am well," she offered in earnest, "Despite the trials of December, I feel I've recovered quickly enough. And yourself?"

She'd let Alessandra have the chance to ease into the conversation. There was no need to rush headlong into the conversation regarding Blackbird's proposal. Dead as they were, the Kindred had all the time in the world.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Glancing at the folders, “A mixture of both actually. Looking to expand my business at some point, and I was curious as to what was out there.” Maybe something legal.

A slow nod, “December was a difficult time for you. But despite that, I am impressed with the strength you showed.” Though she did wonder if that was the Davea’s first time killing Kine. “I know I’m the last person anyone wants to talk to, but if you need someone to talk to, I do listen pretty good. And I’ve been where you were. No pressure or anything, just wanted to offer.” Her tone sincere.

“Oh, I can’t really complain.” Well, she could. But she wasn’t going to. “Made a decision with the new year to try and get out more. I’ve come to learn that I spend way too much time in this office.” A chuckle. Cain had laid back down, his massive head on his paws, his eyes still watching.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird simply nodded, "I think that's a good approach, treating oneself is just as important as expanding a power base," she offers, "If its all work and no play, you can get stressed. Things start to slip through the cracks and, if you'll allow me the liberty of saying so, those cracks can be very dangerous for people like us."

Blackbird knew Alessandra was associated with the criminal underworld. The Prince also know Blackbird was associated with the black market. It was one of the things they had in common, hence Blackbird's mention of it. She knew all to well the need to mix pleasure with business.

Blackbird would dip her head, "You have my thanks, Your Majesty, but my recovery is going well," she says, "In truth, it afforded me a look into myself that I am uncertain I would have been able to do otherwise. The experience was... painful, but I won't deny that some growth has come from it."

After all, what better way do Kindred have to view their Humanity than when it secures a victory over the Beast?

When Alessandra mentioned a want to get out of the office, Blackbird sensed an opportunity to push her position onward.

"Indeed, I have no doubt your presence in the field would be invaluable," Blackbird says, "As it happens, the reason I've come to speak with you today may assist you in possessing more time in which to pursue those goals, at least in part."

She let the statement stick for a moment.

"As you are already aware, your Domain is growing and the growth is rapid. Even since my arrival our numbers have increased," Blackbird notes, "With the Sheriff's help and your support, we have generated a team capable of creating a sense of security as new migrants arrive. However, I fear the new arrivals will cause you much undo stress administratively. Hence why I've come with my proposal... I've come to ask if you've considered the implementation of a Keeper to assist the Domain by seeing to the needs of Elysium."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

With competent Kindred in important positions, it was easier to take a night or two to herself.

“Of course, I always welcome people being frank and honest with me. And I agree, it can be dangerous. Which is why the Domain’s needs always come first.”
    Always would.

A nod, “That’s good to hear, that it’s going well. I’ve seen it not go well and the results were disastrous.” Always best to check. “Growth is good, and it’s weird where that growth comes from sometimes. I’ve had experiences that I wouldn’t wish on anyone, and yet managed to learn something about myself and my own strength. So I’m very glad to hear you’ve grown from it.” Was better than the alternative.

So she was after something. The Savage leans back and listens, wondering what the Daeva was after.

There was a shallow nod here and there as she listened.

“Keeper?”
    not what she was expecting, “I admit, I do need to put one into place, with the growth of Elysium, it would be very useful.” She knew that. “But I am curious as to a few things. You’re not only Priscus to your Clan, but Deputy to the Sheriff as well. Wouldn’t those positions interfere with the duties of Keeper? You’ve proven yourself to be very valuable to the Domain as a Deputy, I would hate to have you divide your attention between the two.”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Prince's praise of Blackbird's stability following the incident of December was noted and the neonate visibly relaxed in the chair.

"I am humbled by your compliments," she offered.

Blackbird's smile remained, the view of Cain being at at least a near-rest in her periphery putting her at ease as she listened to the Prince speak, easily picking out her not-so-hidden interest in the vacant position.

Ah, she knows.

Well you weren't exactly subtle, Bird.

Shut up.

"I see my interest was perhaps a bit blatant,"
    she offers, "My apologies if you found the approach too forward."

She'd grant a brief bow of her head, allowing a pause to rest in the air for a moment.

"However, to address your concerns, I've already considered the same before I made the decision to come forward,"
    Blackbird says, preparing herself for the grilling that is certain to come. The childe of a Harpy was nothing if not prepared, after all. "Certainly, the positions you've mentioned take dedication and time. On one hand, the position of Priscus is invaluable to any Clan in ensuring the standing of one's Family. If nothing else, it legitimizes their presence and offers a system of support governed by the reinforcement of the Priscus themselves. On the other, the position of Deputy is paramount in maintaining the security of the Domain. Especially when a number of threats exist, such as is the case here in Sacramento. I am not blind to these obligations.

"To this end, if the position of Keeper were to be offered, I would shed the title of Deputy in order to grant the position the attention it requires. While Sheriff Moretti will be down one Deputy, it should be noted that she has done well in the formation of a solid group of Deputies. Priscus Krieg and Deputy James are both excellent within the position and work well together under stress. You need look no further than the poacher incident to know that. They dispatching an enraged Kindred quite handily and kept their own Beasts well in check. Further, given the good Sheriff's tendency to adaptability, I am certain she could fill the vacancy in short order. It would afford the newcomers an opportunity to prove their worth while also granting the Sheriff the ability to scrutinize their loyalty and ability for your as well."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A laugh, “Oh no, quite the opposite. I like forward, it cuts the flowery bullshit out.” For her, it was always straight to the chase.

Looks like she came prepared. Which could either be good, or bad.

It was interesting how she talked about the position of Priscus. While Ale knew it was important, it just never struck her as important as Blackbird was making it. But then again, everyone had a different opinion.

“We certainly have had out share of threats. From Brood to Hunters, it’s a never-ending night of excitement.” She says with a smirk.

She’d give up Deputy to be Keeper? And talks up the skills of the other Deputies? Not a tactic she was used to.

“It’s not often someone comes to put their name forth for a position and builds up others.”
    Was it to show the Domain would still be well protected?

“If you don’t mind a more personal question, why go from Deputy to Keeper? I’m afraid it’s not as exciting.”
    A small smile, “Not that you still couldn’t help if the Sheriff needed you, but it’s a very different job.” There was no judgement, she was just curious. “Are you content looking after Elysium for the most part? Helping greet new faces, plan Formal Courts and all that?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread