Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1901) Mable and Garrett

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett's gaze flicks to the far wall as he traces the patterns of light; physics, electromagnetic radiation, light wavelengths... His Beast is hushed in the barrage of shallow musings, while the Kindred uses an old trick of looking above people's head to create the illusion of eye contact.

The Gangrel Priscus' predator is the worst so far, despite everything in her personal aura telling him she is comforting and familiar. Her dress is wonderfully designed, but almost transparent. He can't help but feel a little embarrassed, unsure where to plant his eyes. A fine match for the smiling Harpy. With a small shiver, he nods his head in a shallow bow, "Priscus Mable Wood, I am delighted to make your acquaintance. My name is Garrett Prosper, of the Ordo Dracul."

He steps to the side, inviting her away from the small crowd as he manages a small introduction.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Shall we go to a quiet area, Mr. Prosper?" Mable indicates one of the meeting rooms (not the destroyed one). She watches his actions and reactions.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The less potent predator follows her gesture with some bemusement. "If that is your wish, Priscus." The idea of a moment of calm was tempting, either way.

Garrett assumed Mable Wood would either put him to task, as his previous experience, or was simply to sort out their Clan's expectations before he had the opportunity to embarrass her with some nebulous social etiquette breach.

Falling in line, slightly behind, he registered the layout of the room in case things went south. Don't let her appearance lull you, she will tear you to pieces; behind that door is a tomb, his Beast hissed. Garrett holds his smile with mechanical instinct. "I am glad that Frau Harpy Simmons was able to help me, and I appreciate you are giving me the time."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable opened the meeting room door and indicated Garrett to go on in. Once Garrett walks into the room Mable will shut the door. "Please have a seat. Harpy Simmons is a good person to know. I am glad you were able to meet her. And I always have time for Clan members."

Mable gave a warm smile and sat down. The beading on the dress made a small clinking sound. "So tell me a little about your self." Her voice was warm and inviting.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett nods, "Ah, well, as Frau Harpy Simmons was most interested in: I recently came to Sacramento to further my assets. I am a man from Heidelberg, though I have called the US my home for about..." he takes a moment, looking at the ceiling, "Lets say, fourteen years." He adjusts his cuff-link, considering how much she cared to hear,

"For the First Estate, I am not completely ignorant. However, I do expect some misunderstandings here and there, you know," he laughs, "I would be a liar if I tried to pretend I am not of a more...gentile upbringing. Though, like the rest of our Clansmen, my Embrace was...wild." His smile is tight, though he is clearly trying.

"What I can offer the Priscus is something unorthodox: I have extensive enterprise I intend to cultivate. I dirty my hands on the hunt, but not my business; it's how I have kept it stable all this time. My focus with my nature has always leaned towards the power of persuasion, though this resonates with the beasts of the world. But please, I do not wish to chew your ear: you must have stories."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened intently, "Your business? What do you do?" Mable's voice held a note of interest.

"And please continue, you are certainly not chewing my ear by any means. I love to hear about others. And I would also love to hear about how I may be of assistance to you."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett runs a hand through his hair, baffled. "Er, investments. I have a passion for seeking out innovative ideas and funding companies and their entrepreneurs. Technological fields are always springing new ways of connecting to modern business. As for assistance, I am perfectly happy with your company, Priscus."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable thinks about it for a moment, "So like the people on Shark Tank? That kind of investor? Well that sounds like interesting work."

Mable gives a shy smile, "Why thank you, that is very sweet of you to say. What I meant was is there anything I can do to help you settle into the domain? Anyone you would like introductions to? Have you met Sheriff Moretti yet? She is the Grand Wyrm. And several of Clan Gangrel belong to Ordo. Do you have a place to stay, I could help with that."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

"Sharks in a tank? I sound like a movie villain. Not as exciting, but the conversation is always good."

Garrett appears to relax a bit more. "You are too kind. Really," he hesitates, struggling with reading the room at odds with his Beast insisting she was trying to bait him into a challenge. I've never heard of a Priscus that offers themselves. Is this a test? He shrugged it off: it wasn't even his Covenant. Though, apparently he was far from alone. Rumours on Sacaremento's Chapter House wasn't useless gossip after all.

With the lack of pressure, logic started trickling back. "I am being skittish. I am not familiar with the Kindred here, but I am sure that will change," he allows a thankful smile, "With someone so magnanimous representing our Clansmen, how could it not?" Comfortable with the established flow of conversation, Garrett gets down to business.

"First and foremost, I will need acknowledgement. I would not wish to insult the Court. If you have a map of the territories, that would make my guesswork more accurate," He nods to himself, making sure he didn't forget another query this time in his haste.

"The Sheriff... yes, I overheard her declaration. I think I will hold off on that meeting: we have our own traditions. Other Clansmen would be wonderful. Do we number well?

"Other than that...
    Perhaps the Prince, or the Seneschal if that is too much. I am not sure if her Grace is one for keeping tabs on the populous and appreciates assertiveness, or would rather I earn her attention with gumption. She may also just despise my quiet Beast," he laughs, letting the unspoken threat hang.

"As for your hospitable offer: I am well set," he flashes a bright set of teeth, "but tenancy I understand is important, so I have nothing permanent at this time."

"For this favour, I would love to lend a hand to any projects you might have had on standby; I am not hurting for assets, Priscus." He felt a little less invasive dangling service a second time, just in case.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable continued to try and keep a calm presence since Garrett admitted to feeling skittish. "I will keep you in mind for any projects I have going. I do have hopes of setting up a Gangrel haven in the near future."

"I can definitely introduce you to the Prince when we are through here. And I believe I saw the Seneschal as we walked though court so we can meet with her also. The Prince loves to interact with everyone in the domain. I would suggest just being yourself and I am sure she will appreciate that. The Seneschal is very kind and helpful. You have already met the Harpy. She is a great one to ask about any behavior in court questions. I know you have said you are not hurting for assets, but if you ever need a loan or anything, she is the one to ask. The Sheriff is great to work with, very intelligent and very supportive to her covenant members."

Mable gets her phone out of her silver handbag, "Ok let's get started with the acknowledgement and then we can move onto other things." She unlocks the phone and the file. "Please read theselaws of the domain. If you have any questions please let me know." She hands over her phone to Garrett.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread