(Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird moved gracefully from the spot she had, until just moments before, engaged Sheriff Moretti and Atticus, one of her fellow Deputies, in a brief discussion.

For much of her travel, it was clear Blackbird's intended target was the sphere surrounding the Harpy, Rebecca Simmons . Yet another figure quickly caught her attention, causing the Daeva to snap her pale gaze to him. Another unknown face.

So says the Sheriff, Duty calls.

Thus, the little bird of Sacramento turned heel. Striding confidently to this new figure ( Seth Kind ) even as she felt the push of his Beast prompting a desire to flee within her own. This was nothing new and, with a roll of a shoulder, her Beast was pushed back to its cage. Stopping before the man, Blackbird would take her time to look him over, her expression stoic and tinged with a cold that served as a testament for her weathered Humanity. In truth, Blackbird herself had not brought it to bear, it was often an inevitability in her interactions with others.

"Good evening," she finally offered, her tone cordial as she clasped her hands, "I am Blackbird, Priscus of Clan Daeva and Deputy of Sacramento. I do not recall you from previous Courts... Am I to assume you are a new arrival?"

Reposted from main-thread to kick off new thread! Seth Kind

2. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

The woman in front was... Familiar? He could have sworn at least hearing about her before- whispers in the shadowy underworld he so oft ventured in and has made his life in. If so, this would either be a very productive- or a very dangerous- conversation (or both Seth mused). Her clasping hands made it impossible to return any welcoming gesture- whether that was a play on her part or coincidence Seth could never be sure (though his instincts told the latter). It also meant it was his turn.

New... Yes. My apologies for not making a more... Formal... approach. I know it is good practice to attend- but I admit I am somewhat out of my element. This place is a tad too... High up. For my comfort- and I am unaccustomed to company in such... crowded... places" Perhaps a stretch, but he had hoped such language might hint at his background- and prod into hers, and how much she knew. His work was in the underworld after all, not in court. He made sure to speak softly, sometimes barely moving his lips, one hand to the wall and the other in his pocket.
    Anything else?

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A faint smile traced the Daeva's lips as the man spoke.

"I see. The basics then... Chin up. Don't look at the ground. Be polite... The Prince is in attendance, after all," she'd offer, before glancing to his hand tucked away in the pocket, "And a word of advice, when addressing a Domain official, especially the first time? Make sure they can see your hands. That advice is free."

She'd give the man a moment to correct himself should he wish before continuing.

"As for your comforts in the dark, if its a matter of your profession, you may well find a place for yourself here... in time," the Priscus said, her smile tugging momentarily into a smirk. Many Kindred were involved in the underworld and the fact that Blackbird had just subtlety confirmed her own affiliation was not lost on her.

"If it's a matter of your blood, however, we can certainly move forward tonight," Blackbird continues, her face returning to its stoic bearing, "As you know, it is unwise to feed or reside in a given city without the proper rights. We've had poachers here before... it did not end well for them. You've made the right choice in coming here. Still, you require Acknowledgement. Indulge me, sir, what is your name? To which of the Clans do you belong? Do you boast a covenant?"

Cole Volker

Mien is dull grey skin with seemingly molten veins, runes are barely carved
    Summer Mantle 1

PRE

wrong account. Please hold.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

She was his better. Or at the very least, she was at an advantage here. Despite the promise of "protection" whilst in this den, it was clear to Seth that this was likely one of the most dangerous places in the city. This was her game- and it seemed he had no choice but the play. Her advice was well received- though he caught himself from blundering and over-correction. He was more composed than that. He was somewhat relieved to find a fellow underworld denizen in this place- and he did let this show. This was no doubt of some gain for her, but he was gracious nonetheless- if only for the opportunities this presented.

"of course. I was indeed referring to profession- I... Have no intent of feeding here." it was now that Seth decided to fix his hands, moving to feel his wrists idly as he spoke. In truth, he wondered if he could even succeed in feeding in such a public space... And wondered if he should reveal his potential difficulties to the individual before him. He wondered if he should reveal anything at all- acknowledgement was the exact opposite of what he desired. Did she know this? Was that the point? It was his turn now.

There was no doubt she would catch this- the intent wasn't to hide the lack of information. The intent was to see how far she'd be willing to push for it, and how focused she was. "Ah... Of course, acknowledgement. I... Hope you understand why such attention might not be in my interests. I am of Mekhet, and I have no covenant. I imagine I would find great difficulty meeting any willing to work with... Someone of my stature." At the end of this he flashed a normal smile. Not a big one, but enough that, when combined with everything prior, would hopefully provide her with plenty of hints as to why Seth was so conservative, and why he had no interest in attention...

"If it would not be rude, you made no mention of any order- though if I may, your... position... In this city interests me much more." A deputy. Perhaps it would be a paradox to some, given the type of "law" Seth believed this creature enforced. But the power the name contained was very real.
    Anything else?

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A soft chuckle.

"Do you intend to starve then?" she offered, her brow raising.

An intriguing proposition.

"The Acknowledgement is something you will need to feed anywhere in Sacramento," she explains. Perhaps she was unclear before in her brief statements before, "If you want feed anywhere within the Domain, you'll require acknowledgement. It is not optional. To skip past the process would cause the Court to declare you a poacher, a dangerous proposition when you've already found yourself in the den. All it requires is a meeting with your Clan's Priscus. I can arrange for this quite easily, but first I need your name."

Her smile faded a bit. She was quite focused indeed. Regardless of whether or not Seth wanted to skate below the radar, Blackbird had her orders. New faces needed to be examined. Given recent events in the Domain, security was an ongoing concern.

"I am a member of the Ordo Dracul," she offers plainly.

"Ah so you boast an interest in... security then, or perhaps other concerns affiliated with our gracious Sheriff?" she pondered aloud, "What skill-sets do you feel you can contribute? You mentioned and interest in the shadows. In what arenas do you feel you are the most competent? Please, don't be shy. If you were looking for clientele, I'd say you've found a steady source of work, if you play nice."

Blackbird had an advantage here. She knew what she was involved in of course, but also what other illegal activities many of the other Kindred engaged in. She was also not above assisting this strange man with finding work. Memory would remind him it was her that opened the door. However, he seemed... dodgy. Which did not sit as well as he might have hoped.

Still Blackbird maintained her stoicism, hiding her feelings behind a mask of calm.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-04 01:03:06 Blackbird rolls 6 to Hide Her Feels! (Comp+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 4, 7, 5, 10, 3, 2, 6 1 success

If you'd like to contest, Wits + Comp. Success will reveal that Blackbird is suspicious of Seth

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

A moment of relief. Acknowledgement of feeding, not of... attention. Still, that was only part of the issue. As it stood, he didn't prefer to feed on individuals.

"ah... I see. My apologies, I thought you meant it as a more public display not as some... Record... As it stands I don't usually hunt- I... Have means to attain sustenance without, usually. Perhaps a more dull lifestyle fitting the... Dull... Circumstances I find myself in." Another flashed smile as he finished his apology. Did she not see yet? He had struggled through her sentences to find anything, a hint... And he did.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-04 01:25:04 [02] See through feels rolls 7 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 2, 8, 8, 8, 8, 1, 3 4 successes

She was wary of him. More importantly, she had attempted to hide that fact. But in her position, she could easily have been more inquisitive, more... Forceful. A blunder on her part? Or simple caution to a new face? Regardless, it was something he could use, and exploit.
    "I... Perhaps I have been too indirect. My apologies, rumors of my... Circumstance... Led me to believe I might not be as welcome here as... others. I see I may have made you... I see I have wasted your time, and perhaps caused unease where none need exist. That was not my intention." but his pointing out that weakness was. Among his other talents, his keen eyes- his ability to read a person- were particularly useful. But that statement could be seen as a statement of weakness on her part; an upset in her game by a new arrival. It would be best if she felt in control. Now he spoke fully, lips moving freely, pearly white teeth on display as he showed a faint smile

"I... Perhaps it would be simpler to say that I might be one of the few that won't have to worry about upsets at the dentist? I am actually unsure how it works for the rest of you. One of the few benefits of this...my... condition." There. Not so much a secret- everyone would find out eventually. But she would be the first to know. The Norvegi weren't at all common around here as far as he knew- or, common at all. He'd hoped he could use that to his advantage. Perhaps with this individual, he could.
    Anything else?

C
    Cross

Reading Emotions is Wits + Empathy. Deducting appropriate dice from the right, Seth Kind still has enough successes to see through Blackbird's check. Play on!

Blackbird may roll Wits + Occult to determine if she recognizes the clear hint that Kind is a Norvegi.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, A normal smile = no fangs, gotcha wasn't sure what you meant. Didn't know you meant you lacked fangs

This time the Daeva's stare a flicked down to the man's mouth.

He's smiling a lot.

Then she noted it. A Fangless. It had been only a short time since another was in the Domain. She wondered: Will his visit be as brief?

A glint of recognition spread across her features and she offered a knowing nod. Her suspicion likewise faded, for the most part, though an element remained. He still keeps his name.
    His recognition of her suspicions was likewise noted, causing the Dragon some pause, a mental note taken to work on her mask.

"Ah... we had another with your... condition only a short time ago," she offers, "Floki was a nomadic sort, however. Otherwise, I'd introduce you. Either way, whether you feed on kine, animals, or even blood bags, you will need the acknowledgement to prevent... issues. After all, not all of Sacramento's Kindred drink the blood of the kine."

Then a thought visibly comes to mind.

"Following acknowledgement, I think I may have an idea to assist in your feedings," she offers, "Deputies and the Sheriff often come across issues that need to be addressed. Such things can lead to violence and, inevitably, blood is shed."

It was a draconian solution, but it could work.

"I can also suggest which parts of the communal grounds you should avoid," she continues before moving her gaze back to his eyes with more intensity, "But first. Your name."

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-04 02:25:14 Blackbird rolls 5 to Norvegi Hints (Wits+Occult) (10 Again) 8, 10, 9, 3, 2, 7 3 successes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread