Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1901) Jacque's Orbit

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alessandra Lina Moretti

"This sculpture depicts a Biblical story of the Mortal's first sin. When Adam and Eve lived in the utopia that was the Gardens of Eden they were given only one restriction: To never, ever eat the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge or rather the 'Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil'. A serpent ultimately tempts Eve to eating from the tree, who in turn gives Adam a taste. When God visited Eden next the two had 'opened their eyes' and wore leaves to cover their shame. This change in behavior led God to knowing that they had disobeyed his rule and as such they were cast from Eden and forsook the immortality they would have enjoyed there."

Jacque chuckled to himself, "I believe that there are versions of story that have the serpent as a multi-legged creature and losing those limbs was was a punishment from God for manipulating Eve. That punishment also forsook the serpent's kin to slithering on the ground for all generations."

"The statue raises the point that perhaps it was better to eat from the tree and realize the full potential of Mortals than to have spent immortality in ignorance within the Garden. Though, I can't help but feel that it isn't that particular argument that caused such controversy with the art.", he gazes at the sculpture and then back to Alessandra and Lina.

"What would you have chose, if you had been Eve?"

Being new to the site I wanted to throw out a little disclaimer that the beliefs of my character that may or may not come up in this discussion may not accurately reflect my own beliefs as a mortal player. I'm inviting a discussion between fictional characters (and vampires) only. I would prefer to abstain from any out of character discussions regarding the topic. Thank you!

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Orianna liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti stood, considering the statue, the Ventrue's words, his story of original sin. He obviously didn't know her.

"I'm a Dragon, friend. Testing God and overcoming this Curse is what we do, when you get down to it."

A smile crossed her face. It was dimpled and handsome, so very human. Clearly, the Sheriff had overcome the drag of the Beast on her physical expression of emotion. A law of God's Curse, broken.

"So I'd eat the damn apple. I'd eat it twice, because I've seen the face of his tests and know I can test right on back. What's your name?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow quirks at the question, then a smirk, “Aside from the way mortals make fools of themselves over it? Nothing really. Religion has never held any importance to me.” Bunch of fairy tales to her.

Lina arrived, quite quickly actually, and she nodded to her.

As he explains the meaning behind the sculpture, and a short, ish, explanation of Adam and Eve, she listens. It was an interesting story, filled with the sort of things that makes fairy tales appealing to some. But maybe some simply needed something to believe in. If so, why not believe in a snake, an apple, and a garden.

She looks at the ice thoughtfully, considering his questions and the story he told.

There was a chuckle as she hears Lina’s answer, not a bashful bone in that girls body.

Glancing back to the handsome Kindred,

“Well, it’s a difficult question with an answer that could go either way. Immortality is wonderful, it has its benefits. But to enter into it without the ability to think for myself and question what’s around me?” a shake of her head, “No. What was their God trying to hide from them? What did he not want them to know and learn? It tells me he was scared of them having the basic ability of free thought.” Says the Italian thoughtfully, “Ignorance may be bliss for some, but for me it’s a death sentence. I’d eat the apple and enjoy it. I don’t take kindly to someone dictating what I can do.” A shrug.

“I’m curious as well, what’s your name? I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure of meeting before.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

5. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled at the thought and passion put into each answer, "Yes indeed. A never ending life of ignorance is nothing I would covet. Even trying to imagine such a fate is disturbing to me yet there are such passionate acolytes of the Church that would dismiss such a message simply because of the source. The irony of it all being that the gift of Knowledge the serpent bestowed upon mortals gave them the very will to practice their faith so fervently. Yes, I too would eat the fruit... and twice on Sundays."

"A Dragon", Jacque exclaimed in his mind. One of his chief motivations for moving to Sacramento was to gain more fruitful exposure to the many covenants and his primary interest had always been with the secrets of the Ordo Dracul. The statue might as well have been made out of gold for the introduction it was about to provide.

"Ah yes. I came in at the tail end of the last informal Court as people were dispersing due to a rather embarrassing navigational error being so new to Sacramento. I am Jack, and I must say it is my pleasure to be conversing with the both of you. What are your names?"

Blood Hunt:

L
    Lina Moretti

The only Kindred Lina expected wouldn't eat the fruit were the priests of the Sanctified, God-fearing Licks that they were. She nodded as he confirmed that he would, too, and twice to spite God on Sunday. Nice. That got a smile.

"Ah. GPS sometimes can be tricky. Anyway, it's a pleasure, Jack." She offered him a hand to shake. Though they lacked callouses, the Daeva was strong. She gestured to Alessandra with her other hand, indicating an intent to introduce her. "You have the honour of meeting Her Majesty, Prince Alessandra Antinori. My name is Lina Moretti. I am Her Majesty's Sheriff, Regent of the district of Florin, and the Grand Wyrm of the Ordo Dracul."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage had to chuckle at his comment. Seemed he wasn’t too keen on the whole God thing either.

Jack. Just Jack? It wasn’t that she had an issue with only one name, but as an Invictus, it could make things difficult. Though she could work with it if that was what he preferred.

“The city can be a bit tricky when you first arrive.”
    She replies with a nod. “Were you able to seek Acknowledgement? If not, we can certainly make sure that’s taken care of this evening.”

Look at Lina! Stepping up with introductions! The Invictus in her was proud.

Eyes return to Jack, though no hand was extended, but there was a smile, “Pleased to meet you Mr Jack. I would like to apologize, but as I’m Invictus, I’m uncomfortable with simply referring to you as Jack. I hope you’re able to understand.” And if not? Well, that’d be on him, not her. He could try and correct it, but in all honesty, how well would that go? But he seemed intelligent and well-spoken enough. “Where have you joined us from?”

9. Likes Stray liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque shook Lina's hand, listening carefully to the surprise that it was indeed the Prince that stood before him and her Sheriff. He took notice of the deceivingly delicate looking hand that was anything but.

Providing a bow of his head in respect to her revealed position Jacque replied, "Yes, I was able to catch up with Priscus Simmons and received Acknowledgement."

Listening to the Invictus explanation, Jacque recalls being addressed as "Mister" by Simmons as well and noted the the soft warning of the taboo of using only first names, "Perfectly agreeable and understood. I have had no claim to a surname in quite some time so if Mister Jack is the most appropriate for you, then Mister Jack I shall be. By all means, the pleasure is mine."

"Not terribly far away. Most recently was Palo Alto. I never tend to stray too far from the West Coast for long. I've tried but here there is just a certain something in the air here that completes me. Perhaps it is the ocean. Have you ever felt bound to a place as such?"

Jacque shifts the conversation, "As you've no doubt surmised this sculpture is my gift to you. I've always been fond of making good first impressions especially here, being a new face in your domain. I am compelled to apologize that your identity and station was a mystery to me. However, and forgive the assumption, but I somehow suspect that you may have sought the discussion without the typical pomp and circumstance that would have been affixed had I known. Still, I hope that the memory of the conversation that it inspired may outlive the sculpture itself."

He looks to Lina, "Your precaution and diligence regarding the sculpture make sense now. If there is a protocol I must follow should I feel any future inspirations from the desired themes of Her Majesty's formal courts please let me know. I would prefer not to needlessly add distractions from more viable threats."

Blood Hunt:

L
    Lina Moretti

A Ventrue, hiding his Beast? Now that wasn't something you saw every day. Perhaps he was simply wanting to blend into the masses of Humanity, a wolf in sheep's clothing. She let the naming thing go - it didn't matter to her - but his question, she engaged. "I get that west coast life. Things here are just... yeah. You put it well. It completes me. Especially northern California." She smiled wistfully. "I did LA for a while, but there's nothing like home."

Wine country, USA, was where the magic had all began.

"To be honest, even if you had gone through a protocol, I would have inspected your statue with equal intensity, and coming to see it was no strain or anxiety - we roll deep, as they say. Personally, I'd recommend speaking with the Seneschal about that sort of detail in the future. This really is a lovely piece, though."

It was funny how uttering 'as they say' after the use of a colloquial phrase made it seem more formal. The way she said 'we roll deep', though, that phrase was likely part of her natural parlance. The Sheriff probably wasn't super old.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

So, he was a Lord. Interesting, he didn’t strike her as a Ventrue per say, but she didn’t buy into stereotypes.

And her assessment that he was intelligent was confirmed with his words. Seemed he either knew better, or was just the type to go with the flow. Either worked for her.

Another smile, “Then welcome to Sacramento. What brings you to the Domain?” she was curious. About everyone in the Domain. It’s what she did.

A brief nod, “I have felt that way. But I’m afraid mine lies overseas and thousands of miles away. It’s a unique feeling about a location, things just feel,” a pause, “right. The air is different, the way you act and carry yourself different.” Replies the Italian with a brief far away look in her eyes.

Looking to the sculpture once more, the smile returned, “It’s lovely, grazie.” She says sincerely. “My only regret is that it’s not permanent. I’ve recently been adding art to the room; the recent pieces are by a previous resident. Something like this would make a fine addition, and certainly a piece to strike intelligent and fun discussions.” She’d have to look into it. Maybe Vivian would know someone, or even Rebecca. She makes a note to ask them later.

“And no need to apologize, I tend to not introduce myself right off. It gives me a chance to see how someone is without knowing my position.” Because people changed when they knew who they were talking to. She liked to see the real part of them.

There was a little surge of pride as Lina was complimented. Nothing got past her Sheriff. And a little smirk formed on her blue lips as she glanced to the Daeva.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque looks and smiles to Lina as she responds, "Very well, and thank you. Could you perhaps provide an introduction to the Seneschal at some point before we retire?"

Hearing the welcome and question of his reasons for coming to the Domain he addresses the Prince, "Thank you. I fear that isn't as interesting of a story. I've always had a kind of... insatiable thirst for learning and the proverbial well had run dry in Palo Alto. Sacramento seemed like the next logical choice being so close to the familiar in case I was found not welcome. That and in addition to the many academic centers and over twenty different libraries with varying focuses there would be plenty to keep my mind occupied for decades to come."

Jacque shifts his focus back to Lina, "And Sheriff Moretti, to that degree I must say I am beyond myself with excitement in regards to your experience and expertise with the Ordo Dracul. I hope sometime in the future you see fit to entertain my many curiosities on the subject." Jacque pauses briefly imagining the future conversation before adding, "To the extent deemed appropriate to an outsider, naturally."

He looks back to Alessandra, "I was a practicing lawyer and scientist in the field of Biology. Those are my official educations but I can assure you that my resourcefulness in academics is much farther reaching. I simply grew bored of jumping through hoops to acquire slips of paper to certify my experiences. Should you or the Domain find a need for those skills, I am completely at your disposal."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread