Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1901) Those in the Harpy's Web

Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

But until a response was given Rebecca focused on the fact that there again was a new Kindred in their midst, along with ones she had still not yet spoken to. How clumsy for a Harpy. She would have to rectify that error this moment. With a smile she made her way to three such arrivals. Her eyes shifted between Derek Menzies , Garrett Prosper , and Adam Exlibrist , the pleasant smile on her face never wavering for a single second. "Why good evening gentlemen. I don't believe I've had the pleasure to meet any of you yet. I am Madam Harpy Rebecca Simmons, Priscus of Clan Ventrue. Are you all enjoying yourselves so far?"

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-02 08:31:55 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 3, 6, 8, 10, 3, 8, 8 4 successes

As Rebecca waited for a reply she shifted ever so slight, to make it clear she wanted them to join her for a chat.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Clasping his hands, Adam greeted the Harpy with a bow. "Many blessings Madame Harpy. I am Adam Exlibrist. The evening is thankfully uneventful." Adam refrained from listing his titles, the apparent lacking of Sanctified Kindred in the domain led the possible theory that the Domain was hostile toward that covenant. The Seneschal teased such a theory by continuing to refuse discussion of Moore House and the whereabouts of the city's prior congregates.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

It was now Garrett's turn to jump as the devil screeched for him to bolt from the Predator's presence. He masked the step back by hitching his hips over his lead foot, still stubbornly planted in the meeting. Not the smoothest bow, but better than nothing; maybe she likes grandiosity. "I have missed the pleasures of enlightened society the Invictus provides, gnädige Frau Simmons," he straightens, though only slightly to pay respects to her station, "I have been graced by your Court, and I hope to return the favour by being of use to this American Domain, Harpy Simmons." His smile is soft as he dampens the urge of flashing his teeth.

Translation note: gnädige Frau is an extremely dated and formal way of addressing a woman of high standing.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

The white reserved Kindred woman manages to wrench Derek's emotional state to attention as she brings her Beast among their gathered bodies.

"Derek Mitnick, Madam Harpy," answers Derek obediently. He pauses before adding, "And yes. Such a pleasant and...uh, enjoyable atmosphere Her Majesty has provided."

Of course the stranger is quick to offer services. But he leaves himself open to flaw.

"This one forgets its name, apparently," sneers Derek with a glance to the alchemically cuffed enthusiast. "No doubt lost between foreign customs and the privilege of your company. But you can expect, uh, that I appreciate a woman of your standing's generous attentions."

While his words are chosen carefully, they are forced through a very tense and shaky demeanor. Derek knows better than anyone to pay respect to the Harpy of any Domain.

5. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As they each replied Rebecca's eyes shifted to them in turn. "Uneventful can be both a blessing and a curse, though I would agree I'm thankful for it this evening," she said to Adam. The last Formal Court did include an execution after all. Her eyes looked over his robe and her head tilted. "That's quite a distinct and eye catching robe you have there Mr. Exlibrist. Is it related to some seasonal ceremony? I know Hierophant Kreig is partial to arriving in garments that seem to be related to the Crone events." Was this some new Crone outfit she had never seen before, or was this man something else entirely?

One among them did not provide a name, and it would seem Rebecca was not the only one to notice the lack of formal introduction. Rebecca's ever present mask of friendliness and pleasantness was oh so helpful at allowing her to be underestimated. As she listened to Derek speak his insecure presence allowed a sneer through and she smiled. Maybe he too was more than his exterior portrayed. She also found it interesting how quick he was to throw the new arrival under the bus to improve his own first impression. Was he a social creature hidden among the shadows? Only time would time. "It truly is a pleasant atmosphere Mr. Mitnick, especially when it allows me the chance to get to know new Kindred," she said, looking around at the gathering, her eyes stopping on Garrett distinctly before landing back on Derek. "I'm glad to hear your appreciation for such things. I think you'll find that I am known for being a bit of a stickler for etiquette."

"Though," she said, her eyes shifting back to Garrett, "I'm sure your lack of introduction was merely due to excitement over being in Her Majesty's domain. You are so respectful in your presentation that I assume it had to be just a mere momentary lapse, isn't that right?" Her eyes focused on the young blood with the magnetic personality, the silence lingering ever longer and longer as her smile grew. Suddenly she shifted focus. "I'm familiar with German by the way, in a passing sense. Did you grow up there mister...?" She left the question hanging so that there was no mistake that she expected a reply, her friendly and pleasant smile ever present.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Responding to the Harpy's comments to his dress. "As this is an official court. I felt it appropriate to wear the official accutrements of my faith. It is just happenstance that it fits the theme."

Realizing the Harpy is keeper of information of sorts, Adam decides to press here gently. "May I take a moment of your time to make an inquiry of your Domain expertise?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett grinned as Derek spoke, Ah, there's the Court I remember! Bastards. The Weiss Frau's serene smile was throwing him off, without an ounce of deception. No, the Harpy trying to trap you is nothing new. The attack on the Palatine Rite would take at least one more nap before that particular sting was lost to the fog. He nodded solemnly as Simmons gave her painted admonishment, patiently waiting his turn, "Foreign in more ways than one!" he laughed, "Forgive me, Harpy Simmons, it would appear my attempt to not waste your time only drew more focus. This Dragon scholar, Garrett Prosper, is not acknowledged by the Priscus Mable Wood, and therefore not yet welcome to this Domain. My Savage manners are not as polished as Mr. Mitnick's. Americans appear to be for more personable to...nobodies," he let the last word twist out as he considered his choice of English, looking to Derek for inspiration, "We learn something new every day." His smile is placid, growing as he hears the Sheriff loudly announce her own Sect.

9. Likes Stray, Vassagon liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Beneath the unreadable gaze of the Harpy, Derek feels himself shrinking. Nothing in the content of her words nor the manner of her speech suggest anything amiss. However, something about her reminds him of his Sire aside from the instilled fear caused by the stronger predator.

The stranger's laughter grates on Derek's ear's. Finally there is a name to go with the magnetic fellow. A Gangrel. And Ordo too. Derek's eyes dart over to the Sheriff, reminded of his last conversation with her and the mention of it. Perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut instead of attempting to offend the scholar.

Glancing back, his eyes meet briefly with Garrett and Derek is the first to break, looking away while his jaw tenses and shifts in contemplation.

Come on, take another jab. He didn't answer her question, after all, tempts the Beast.

But then again, Derek doesn't want to reveal his own origins either. And the subject may well turn towards him next. For now he waits silently, as inquiries were passed between each other.

11. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca's eyes shifted to Adam. His faith? She was curious why he would seem to hide what faith that was when he was open enough to appear to a formal Court wearing the outfit of such faith. "And what, may I ask, is that faith?" Sometimes you had to be direct if you wanted an answer. Then he asked her a follow-up question. "Certainly. I'll help in anyway I can," she replied with a smile.

Then her eyes drifted between Derek and Garrett and her smile widened. Derek may have struck the first blow, but it would seem Garrett may have struck first blood. "Drawing more focus isn't always a bad thing of course. Now I certainly won't forget your name Mr. Prosper." Though of course his presence made it just as hard to forget him. She of course didn't miss the dropping of the title 'Dragon scholar'. His presence and covenant only made her miss her cousin Aaron that much more. "Ah yes, Priscus Wood and I are quite close and I would be happy to introduce you." She turned and noticed that Mable was standing by herself. "Just a moment," she said, leaning out from their group and gaining Mable Wood 's attention. Once she leaned back she smiled and said, "I'm actually originally from The Netherlands, so I'm pleased to hear someone else with Germanic origins." Of course he didn't answer for certain, but stating 'Americans' again made her confident enough that he was not a native of the states.

She then looked towards Derek, who had not rebutted. Her gaze lingering on his face. "But Mr. Prosper is right that your manners are quite polished. Was your Sire the one who taught your to appreciate women of standing?" she asked with a smile. Was she mad at one, or the other? Maybe both. Maybe neither. Regardless she was enjoying the back and forth. She missed watching the social bickering that Kindred were usually accustom to, especially with Clara gone.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

With elegance, Adam responded to the Harpy, "I am of the Second Estate, an adherent of one of the lesser Creeds. It relates to the reasons for my presence here and the desire to obtain your input on a matter."

Adam chose his words wisely, knowing that in a room of Kindred, eavesdroppers abound. "I have been informed that my Covenant's presence in Sacramento has been... absent as of late. A matter that has caused me and others of the Estate concern. I am interested in what information you as harpy may have on the subject or what records your predecessors may have left behind."

Adam refrained from speaking further, not wanting to press the Harpy too far or expose his subtle query to those who would be concerned. Regardless of her reply, Adam was secretly lusting for his mission to be over so that he could return to his studies.

Clasping his hands in prayer formation, "If now is not a good time, I completely understand and apologize for bringing it up." Adam hoped it was a good time.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.