Ended
Watch

Man in Black VI

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Welcome to the Man in Black. Please note that you must have Contacts of any kind, Allies ●●● in any sphere, Fame ●●, or Status ●● used as influence, not a license. Each individual with these traits may bring one single guest. Note the rules for the venue on the Wiki!

Beneath the Folsom Hotel, behind a heavy steel door and a thick curtain of mystery lies the Man in Black.

Known only to the important and connected, this is a place where the people with the actual power go to drink, socialize and weave their webs. Everyone who knows this place knows this place is neutral ground. Everyone knows there is no violence at or near this place.

You can barter. You can bargain. You can threaten and extort. But pain happens elsewhere.

Everyone knows it, and everyone knows what happens to people who do violence here.

Money, to those that come here, means little. No, this is a place where power is traded and favors are moved. If you need to pull a string, there are few places better to find the right one, so long as you have strings you can pull back...

Suited in a sharply pressed business suit with a white shirt and a simple black tie, Maxwell J. Pierce sat with an Old Fashioned among the sorts of people that good people didn't want to know. Leaning quietly and speaking in whispered, hushed tones, the classiest of Winter Courtiers sought to find his next client...

Pierce enters due to Allies (Criminals).

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The opportunities of the Man in Black are many. Finding new clients, especially well-paying ones, was a part of the job of running any business, and Emily, for all her antics and love of fun, took that and her spiritual duties seriously.

She had pulled out a lacy black dress and done her electric-blue hair up in a stylish messy bun at the back of her head. Her leather jacket shielded her from the cold, but she took it off as she enters the warm confines of the club. The Ithaeur struts confidently to the bar, orders a cosmopolitan, and leans casually against the bar, noting the sharp-dressed man with a nod and scanning for the people around.

She sips her drink.

Emily gains access to the club with Contacts (Clubs)
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

(-1 Vitae Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Torino was parked, and before she got out, blood was pushed into her dead body. A dead heart beat once again, cold pale flesh now was warm with a healthy glow to it.

When Sophia entered Man in Black, people noticed. People moved out of her way without a word, eyes averted. She owned the room when she entered, she was queen of Criminals after all. This was her world.

Not many would approach her. Knowing unless they had something worth her time and energy, it wasn’t going to go well.

It was confidence in who she was that carried her to the bar, her dark eyes never resting on anyone. Her outfit was a tight-fitting silver jacket, clasped by a single button, a black bra peeking out. Black dress pants were on her legs along with a pair of black heels. Long dark hair was in loose waves around her face and shoulders, her lips a deep blood red.

What gives away her identity, for any in the know, is the numerous tattoos that covered her arms, wrapped around her back and sides, and the one on her temple.

She orders a whiskey on the rocks, gets the glass, and turns to lean against the bar, observing the room now. And it’s then see spots Emily.

Now, this was unexpected, she thinks with a smirk. But she doesn’t approach.

Why?

Because Sophia De Luca doesn’t approach people, they approached her.

Alessandra enters with Status in Criminals
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid is on the prowl.

Ingrid is on the case. Rumour and innuendo have finally converged and the little Darkling enters the Man In Black for the First Time. The party girl is gone; only the P.I. remains. Ingrid is back in her leather jacket, her jeans and her peaked cap. There is a pack of cigarettes in her pocket, though she has wisely forgone the pleasure of smoking for now.

Like Emily Makerith she projects an aura of confidence as she makes her entrance. Right up to the bar where she orders a White Russian and uses the wait to examine the club in more detail.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-31 23:15:32 Ingrid to project that she belongs... rolls 4 to Presence + Subterfuge (10 Again) 8, 6, 7, 6 1 success

Her eyes brush over Maxwell J. Pierce - a quick flash of recognition before she turns her attention to her newly acquired drink. They drift over Emily and dart surreptitiously back and forth from @Alesandra .
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

And I forgot the important bit :-

Ingrid gains access to the Man In Black through her Contacts (News Media, Street)

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Eyes on the Director, the only other Lost present. From within his gaggle of questionable suits and dangerous-looking men in the underworld's shady corner, Maxwell Pierce rose and found his way up to Ingrid, his Old Fashioned merely half-full. He ordered another as an excuse to be there, but made sure to give her an introduction beneath the ambient noise of the bar.

"We haven't met. My name is Pierce, ma'am. I work for a mutual friend, Sasha?"

That last murmured to confirm his allegiance, just in case he hadn't been seen in the cluster of bodies that was the Winter Coronation. He wouldn't have her thinking he was a Loyalist or some nonsense like that.

"Are you quite well?"

This was a world of powerbrokers, which was a world of danger just as much as opportunity. What could the Queen of Spring require that would bring her to a place such as this?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(Harden the Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A dusky skinned blonde woman in a suit entered the commotion. It was another chance to hob nob and see if she could make any new contacts. Preferably ones with deep pockets and a need for high velocity problem solvers.

Or more at any rate. The first to approach her was a Japanese gentleman to thank her for helping him relocate some Soviet surplus. Profitable but a bit of a bore. Eyeing the bar she spotted the woman in the silver jacket. Circe approved of the style and decided to excuse herself to approach.

Reaching Alessandra Circe decided to open up with a little honesty, "I'll take a club soda if ya please. And you," she turns to look at Alessanda, "That there is a one damn fine coat yer sportin'. Ya can call me Mary unless ya find that contrary." She gets her beverage and joins the woman in leaning against the bar.

She holds up her glass, "Here's ta doin' good business tonight."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No we have not. Ingrid. Of the happy hour mob."

Ingrid replied just as quietly as she scooped up her drink.

"And I am fine. Curiosity killed the cat. And I'm a cat. Nine lives."

She chuckled at her own jest.

Eyes drawn to the newcomer Circe Origins . The voice, at least, was familiar. Even if her appearance was not.

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Ithaeur watches as people start to file in. Always with her wandering eyes, Emily can't help but notice Sophia strut in looking like a cross between a power businesswoman and model and a broad grin spreads across her face. Rawr. There's also another cute girl that catches her eye, one that looks vaguely familiar but Emily really can't place.

The werewolf struts up to raven-haired businesswoman. "Sophia! Hi!" she chirps enthusiastically, sucking her cocktail with a straw. "What are you doing here? I thought you were all high rise office businesswoman, not, like... well, y'know, the kind we get here," She whispers in a conspiring way, grinning. "I love the look, but the way. Very official, but I really can't rock a pantsuit." Emily smiles flirtily, looking the vampire up and down, eyes lingering on her hips, ink and chest.

She grins widely as "Mary" comes bouncing up. "Hey! Hey again, uh... Mary" Emily says, sucking on her straw, smirking. "Seems everyone has chosen fancy business suits except me. I just can't pull off that look."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was hard to miss the Ethereal beauty as she entered. Beauties like her don’t go unnoticed, and Ale nods to her. Still simply holding her glass, absently swirling the liquid inside.

The exotic beauty catches her eye as well, but for a different reason. She remembers talking with her in the park a while ago. Quite a while ago. But damn if she could remember her name.

At the compliment about her coat, there was another nod, “Thank you.” It was one of her favorites to be honest. “Nice to meet you Mary, I’m Sophia.” Last name left off for now. Raising her glass as well, “We’ll see, things have been quiet.” replies the Italian.

A smirk as Emily walks up, “I never said what type of business I was in.” she offers. “And some business is best not discussed in such an open place.” She was sure the cops would love to find and talk to her. “This place as usually proved valuable for expanding my interests in the city.” A few times.

“Thank you. I wouldn’t call it a pantsuit per say. I just love the jacket.” If the looking bothered her, it didn’t show. “Now have you ever tried a pantsuit? It’s simply finding the right jacket to make you stand out. Even a leather one.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.