Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Catching up with the times (Bug/Updates)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Twist Scenes

Hi everyone,

I've made some announcements here and there in discord or a random thread but as life has calmed down a bit I've been spending more and more time digging through the site's code and doing minor tinkers and bug fixes as I encounter things that are either outdated or need correcting. I've caught up with the immediate stuff that was staring me in the face, so I'm reaching out to you all for input on what I should work on next.

Navigation on the site has been a bit of a challenge for me since I don't really play WoD and furthermore navigating the Wiki is just that much worse for me since I don't know where to start. If there are any bugs that you're aware of or any wiki sections that are outdated please list them in this thread and I can dig into it.

I'll need:

1. What is broken/inaccurate
    2. What the correct information is, or what it should be doing
    3. A direct link to what you're referring to

I'll consult with the storytellers on any information just to make sure everything is on the up and up and I'll post updates as things get corrected. Maybe this year I'll have some time to start a character and get to playing with you fine folks.

Thanks!

J
    Colonel John Jefferson Davis
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Manipulation
    (Finesse)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Barfly
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Alder John Jefferson Davis Lord Pursuivant

Striking Looks 2 (Rakish)
    Manipulation 4 (Finesse)
    Fame 1 (Entertainment)
    Kasterborous
    Adam Exlibrist
    John Davis Scenes

I noticed that the Google Maps connection has been fixed here: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Vampire_Subinfeudation but noticed that the Domain and Regency holders are still out of date.

I also noticed that Gilroy is still listed as an active character on this page: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Lancea_Sanctum
    His last character appearance was November 2017 over a year ago.

3. Likes Youngblood liked this post

Twist Scenes

I noticed that the Google Maps connection has been fixed here: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Vampire_Subinfeudation but noticed that the Domain and Regency holders are still out of date.
    By "out of date" you mean blank right? The Praxis has been updated but the Regencies appear to have always been blank. If you're seeing actual names listed somewhere please link it for me.

I also noticed that Gilroy is still listed as an active character on this page: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Lancea_Sanctum
    His last character appearance was November 2017 over a year ago.
    This has been corrected for the Lancea Sanctum. If anyone else notices an inactive character showing up in a clan or covenant please let me know and it is relatively simple for me to fix.

J
    Colonel John Jefferson Davis
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Manipulation
    (Finesse)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Barfly
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Alder John Jefferson Davis Lord Pursuivant

Striking Looks 2 (Rakish)
    Manipulation 4 (Finesse)
    Fame 1 (Entertainment)
    Kasterborous
    Adam Exlibrist
    John Davis Scenes

It is part of the Custom Google Map. Click on the color highlighted area and it will pop up with a google map description that will list the following

Example:
    Citrus Heights
    The Tenurial Domain of Erika Brady

This is not something that can be corrected from within the site. It has to be fixed from the custom google map.

I tried to give you a screenshot but it isn't posting.

0 Scenes

I'm seeing some unformatted code in the http://nwod.org/forum/whosup.php page. At the top of the screen.

7. Likes Youngblood liked this post

Twist Scenes

I'm seeing some unformatted code in the http://nwod.org/forum/whosup.php page. At the top of the screen.
    Thank you! It comes and goes but I haven't been able to identify the data that is causing it to return the error messages. It's on my list though

0 Scenes

I wonder if it could be edited from that page source. Though it seems to be related to a variable that has been assigned the wrong data type.
    Might be one of the images that has been resized or changed format?

W
    Woland

I have recently noticed that the "Common Rolls" tab in a character's minisheet fails to take into account Untrained skill penalty (as in, it "adds" 0 rather than subtract dice from the sum total). It's not a bug, probably an oversight or technical limitation, and I'm not sure if "fixing" it is worth the effort (we can do the simple math ourselves), but I thought I'd just put this out there.

Also, something I noticed since returning is that I cannot send PMs from my player account anymore. IIRC one had to write 10 posts before having that possibility, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Sending PMs from character accounts works as normal. Screenshot of error message attached, it fires up when clicking a "Send New Message" button.

pm_error.jpg

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Giving Dave a hand here on what's worth looking into:
    Vincent
    My gut feeling is that WHOSUP is failing because the array of people in the thread are based on a time limit, whereas the inclusion of the thread is based on open/closed state -- so when a thread ages past the query of participants, it produces an empty array of characters. WHOSUP has always relied on the players opening the threads or STs to close them when the Scene has ended.

Woland
    Adding logic to the Untrained penalty would also mean adding logic for every exception (merit/ability/power/curse) to that. For example, Beasts take a -4 to Mentals whereas Elegant Protection negates Untrained penalties altogether. Rather than 'fixing' one 'miss' only to produce a dozen potential new 'misses' seemed counter-productive and that's why the logic was never built into those rolls.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Youngblood, Ruach, Vincent liked this post

Twist Scenes

Vincent
    My gut feeling is that WHOSUP is failing because the array of people in the thread are based on a time limit, whereas the inclusion of the thread is based on open/closed state -- so when a thread ages past the query of participants, it produces an empty array of characters. WHOSUP has always relied on the players opening the threads or STs to close them when the Scene has ended.
    Thanks West . This was correct. The oldest offenders that lead to the array failures were in Communications and News.

14. Likes Ruach, West liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread