Ended
Watch

(2018) Christmas Acknowledgement's

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian walked a little down the corridor, but still in sight of the door. She was a bit excited tonight, it was probably the holiday spirit.

"If I may ask, Mr. Derek, do you have a last name? Where did you move here from?" She kept it short, and looked at Elettra Vitale to see if she had more questions. He was, after all, her newest Family member.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

All seemed a buzz. The daeva driven kindred of Sacramento scurried across Elysia. Then following an outburst, a dominant one spoke up. Words were spoken of acknowledgment, priscus. Things Adam had on his agenda, yet not of a high priority to his primary mission.

Adjusting and tightening his tie, Adam heeled his beast further. Whimpering it resided, masking its weakness among those so strong. Falling behind the others, Adam carefully began taking a mental inventory of each of the Kindred before him, seeking both their asha and their druj.

E
    Elettra Vitale

Well, this is a first for Elettra Vitale, she has never been Priscus before. She wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon. But, she is confident she is up for the challenge. Thinking back to when she was Acknowledged, Elettra asks with a welcoming smile “Derek, what brings you here to Sacramento?” She is thankful to not be the lone Shadow anymore.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek hurries after the Seneschal, his head a little low and his shoulders a little hunched, cringing at the words of her announcement and bringing unexpected attention in his direction.

Damn, I'm a spectacle now. Properly acknowledged or properly ashed I wonder...voices his paranoid thoughts.

He notes that the Seneschal had called him Mr. Derek a couple times now. "I, uhh, I'm a bit uncomfortable using my surname, if that's alright. I don't mean to slight anyone, just that I'm a private person is all..." And he doesn't want to have to lie either. "But if, uh, propriety demands it, perhaps Mr. Shadow will do?"

His eyes drift to the other woman, who York had called Priscus. "Oh, uh, nice to meet you...um, Priscus Vitale.

Was this his Priscus? A Priscus of Shadows? And yet he feels her Beast just as vividly as the others. Perhaps she does not wear the Mask as he so desperately clings to. He decides not to think on it as they gather in the corridor awaiting whatever comes next.

"I, erm, well..." he stutters a moment at her interest in him. "Various reasons. My Sire, for instance, has gone under. And some of his, erm, less-than-friendly acquaintances might have liked to flay me for information on his whereabouts. So I'm striking out on my own in search of a safe and secure Domain."

E
    Elettra Vitale

With a welcoming smile, "It is nice to meet you as well." Listening carefully to what the man had to say which was a little difficult with how skittish he is even for a Shadow. Something must really have him scared. “We have something in common. I came to this domain to strike out on my own as well. So far I have found the people here to be welcoming.”

Drawing her attention to the other new Shadow wearing a nicely put together suit “Welcome, I am Elettra Vitale, Priscus of Clan Mekhet and this striking woman here is Madame Seneschal York. And what may we call you?”

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Priscus? This weak morsel. Adam adjusts his tie and heels his beast. Seneschal and Priscus. Not the Kindred at the top of my list, but they will do.

"I am simply Adam. If formality is required Mr. Exlibrist. I have traveled at the request of the Cardinal of the Archdiocese of San Francisco to evaluate the state of affairs of the Sanctified Church of Sacramento. A task that luckily you Priscus Vitale and Madame Seneschal York both can assist in. I am a shadow in search of acknowledgment and a congregate in search of the Bishop."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

There's an echo of emotion behind Derek's eyes at the thought that he might be welcomed and to share some commonality between fellow Kindred. And like a ship tossed by tidal waves it sinks back beneath the grimy deep of his fear. Still, he musters a weak smile to Elettra.

At her shift in attention, Derek now notices the Kindred man beside him as well as the noticeable absence of his Beast. Derek quietly listens to the man's succinct explanation of his business in the city. An agent of the Lancea Sanctum, no doubt, by the mention of church and clergy. He seems well put together and framed by purpose. Derek's eyes squint and brow furrows in a confused emotion before relaxing to indifferent.

Yet at the mention of San Francisco, Derek stiffens, eyes widening as his jaw clenches. "That...uh, sounds important," he says quietly as if not intending to be heard or to require a response.

"Mm, yes, as you so graciously invited us, Seneschal," he says, nodding deferentially to the red-headed right-hand of the yet unidentified ruler before turning back to Elettra. "What...requirements should we expect to, err, acquire Acknowledgment into this Domain, Priscus?"

V
    Vivian York

Vivian nodded to Derek. "Thank you for your honesty, Mr. Shadow. Despite having formalities, if someone has an adamant and reasonable preference, then I should do nothing more than requested for the person's name." The Daeva wondered why he hadn't changed his name before fully moving this way.

"I too long ago sought out peace and quiet here. The Domain also has it's ups and downs as many do, however, you'll find this city more relaxed than most major cities or countries." She offered a friendly smile to Derek.

The next Shadow greeted them in silence at first, and then with a name.

A task that I can assist in.

It was not her Covenant. Despite that in most cases the Sanctified were considered in close ties with the First Estate, it wasn't the same in all Domains. And the footing this person was starting out on wasn't the best. Regardless, Vivian wasn't going to cave quite yet. "Pleased to meet you Mr. Exilbrist. I will field all of those questions for the Prince at a future time. For now, I can tell you that the Lancea Sanctum has not had any members for quite some time."

Vivian removed the thin litmus paper from her glove and unrolled it. Holding it out for both of them to read and pass to each other, she asked one question while she waited for them to read the Laws of the Domain. "Please ask any pertanent questions. Now is the time to ask." She smiled and nodded for Elettra to wait and let them read.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

"Then it is as the Cardinal feared. In which case, we must meet in conference to discuss matters as they are, as quickly as your schedule permits Madame Seneschal York."

Receiving the document, Adam revues it appeased that its contents align with the canons of the church.

"In regards to personal domain as stated in these laws, in the Bishop's absence, what may I ask has become of the Moore House property and its contents? Whom is the current domain holder of Sanctified property? I am prepared to discuss its return to Sanctified care."

E
    Elettra Vitale

Elettra smiled and nodded along with what the Seneschal had to say. She was curious as to why Mr. Shadow was so scared and why didn't he change his name? It seemed like that would be the thing to do if you're in that great of fear of your past. Maybe once he settles in he'll decide to?

As for Adam, Elettra is not able to help answer any of those questions. However, it furthermore intrigues her interest in what his true purpose of being here. She supposes only time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.