Watch

Mather Heritage Trail

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Mather Heritage Trail

In the early morning, at sunrise (7:10 AM), Kaze runs on the trail, converted by the city from an old railway, through the heart of Rancho Cordova. It's a short run, just under a mile and a half, but its beautiful, and he doesn't mind running it back and forth to get his mileage as he works on his Stamina and learns the locale from another perspective.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Ultralight running clothing? Check. The armband heart rate monitor? Check. Bleeding-edge running shoes, wireless headphones and some music to amp up the brain? Check, check check. Now he was reathy for Mather Heritage Trail. Shodan wasn't much of a sportsman or a lover of nature, but he didn't mind the nice view or the cleansing powers of a good run. Besides, he is probably going to stay in the city for a while. Might as well get to know it well.

He wasn't trying to break any records, but moved fast enough for beads of sweat to show. That's when he spotted a familiar sihouette. Shodan placed himself a bit closer, just to be sure.

"Hey yo, Kaze" He said aloud, when approaching the Talon "Small world. How you doing, man?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey! Shodan." Kaze says in greeting. He adjusts his stride to pace Shodan. "I know, right? I just found this trail. I mean, I guess they just opened it a month ago. The highway used to block it. It's awesome!" the young mage says in a mild but noticeable Californian accent. "I like to get some running in lately. Working on Stamina." he confides.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

G
    Gemini

(I screwed up and rolled 1 less die but at least I learned!)
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-09 02:27:57 Gemini rolls 5 to casts Third Eye - Gnosis 3+Mind 3+HS 2+Path Tool+1-2 AdvProlong-1 Paradox-4 Pot3 (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 5, 4, 9, 1 1 success

She'd been on the way back off the trail after having gone on a bit of jog and slowed down to a walk. She'd been exploring the new trail, one of the notable changes to her hometown after having left it for several years to go to school. It was nice to see that there was something a little more natural in Sacramento, since Manhattan in particular was was definitely the concrete jungle from Alicia Keys' song.

Having taken her earbuds off, she'd been a quietly minding her own business, taking a breather, when she'd heard voices in the distance, two men speaking to each other. She listened for a moment, before she continued on, making it seem as though she'd just come through.

"Hello, gentlemen," she'd greet the pair politely, nodding to punctuate her greeting as she bent over to tie an untied shoelace, "Great morning for a run, isn't it?" Her own accent was Californian, but with a hint of New York, indicating she'd been away for some time.

S
    Shodan

"Yeah, it's pretty new. Which is why I had to try it, I guess. Exploring the novelty is kind of my thing" He replied "Stamina, huh? Probably a good call, not that you seem to need it much" Seriously, the man was so beefed-up he could star in a Superman movie or something. Then again, it was probably due to trainings like this one. "As for me, I need to clear my mind. Kind of stuck with a project I'm working"

He was following the trail, slower now, assuming the Talon will be right beside him. Soon after, a young woman appeared in front of them, wearing running clothes... and magic.

"Hey" Shodan greeted her back "That it is" he responded to her ice-breaker. "Wanna come along for a while, miss...?" He looked to Kaze for help. His chances of knowing this girl were, like, 50% greater than Shodan's. He doesn't really wait for an answer from either of them before turning to Gemini again "And what's with the glow?" The glyph, however obscured by lack of scrutiny, was apparent, and it seemed like as good a way as any to subtly inquire about one's magic - provided the woman pierces through the veil of "clubspeak". And if the impossible happened and the Mage Sight did glitch in this case? Shodan figures it can be simply laughed off as a tacky pickup line.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Despite the cold morning chill, Phoenyx is wearing her red tank-top and black leggings as she jogs along the trail, looking for Kaze. He said he'd been planning to try out this trail since it opened, and waking up in the barracks and finding him gone, it was a logical guess to try and track him down here.

Why does that even matter? He might not be here.

As he and the others came into view, there is was again. That fluttering feeling. It was starting to get really annoying.

Jogging briskly up towards the small group, her vision sees the glyphs dancing around the others and... the other guy. form the last Consillium. And someone new.

"Hi," the Obrimos says warily, watching the two new arrivals. "I.... thought I'd catch you up. You didn't say you were meeting a bunch of people?" she says to Kaze, a little pointedly.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Forgot to roll these in the first post; Kaze has Supernal Vision potency 2; Mage Armor Forces 2e potency 4

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-09 21:36:06 Kaze rolls 4 to casts improvised Unseen Shield, Improvised (Forces 3+ Gnosis 1) (10 Again) 8, 8, 10, 6, 9 4 successes

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-09 21:30:42 Kaze rolls 2 to casts improvised Supernal Vision (Prime 1+ Gnosis 1) No Manna cost cause Ruling Force (10 Again) 8, 10, 4 2 successes

"Oh hi!" Kaze says to Gemini the woman he's never seen before, with glowing sigils in front of her.

"So, are you new in town?" he asks, apparently sincerely friendly and not at all aware of how corny he sounds.

"Thanks!" Kaze says to Shodan's compliment, "I really, really do though. Need to improve. I can't really carry everything I need now." he 'explains'.

Kaze grins at Phoenyx as she arrives and questions the presence of a crowd,
    "Hi! Well, I'm always meeting people, 'Alice'. You know me." he says, smiling.

Then a beat later, he says,
    "Oh, you mean, like a planned meeting. Nope. Just a great trail in the city for a run, I guess." he says. "Really, I think this is the only one right in through the city like this."

G
    Gemini

Standing to reveal a purple running outfit with a black stripe down the left side, the blonde smiled at both Shodan and Kaze’s inquiries before they were joined by another on the trail, and she pulled on her ponytail to adjust it, listening to various inquiries and comments.

The first she addressed was ‘Alice’, chiming in casually after Kaze, “Last I checked, public trails were a great place to run into people randomly and make new friends.” She smiled aggressively at the new arrival before she turned to Kaze and added, “I grew up here, just went away for a while, school and stuff.”

Having stalled for a little bit, she moved her gaze from Kaze to Shodan, appreciating that the newcomer seemed displeased with her presence, taking a step towards the other man. “If you’d like the company, I don’t mind. I was going to head towards home but the exercise is good right?” There was a pause as she considered how to address her glyph. “My Mother always said it was a fun icebreaker for anyone who noticed. Besides, it’s wise to keep an Eye open at all times.”

S
    Shodan

The woman of Asian ancestry, "Alice", as Kaze called her, makes the group of mages a quartet. She, for a change, does not wear any visible magic. Shodan is certain he's seen her somewhere before... and it dawns on him. The Circle, of course. Not that they spoke a lot. Or at all.

"Didn't I see you at the club the other day, Alice? Shame we didn't get to talk. You were, uh..." He looks back and forth to Alice and Kaze "...hoping to see each other specifically? Because if yes, I'm totally ready to pretend I'm not here" He grins. Sounds like at least one half of the pair hoped for a private meeting.

He turns to the other woman. He doesn't like the smile she gives to Alice one bit.

"Never tried that. Meeting friends on the trail, I mean. Not much of an outdoor-sy person, you see. But I'll take your word for it" He pauses for a moment "And yeah, the more the merrier, that's what I say. Any votes against?" He says with a cheerful smile, not expecting any "Abstentions?" He doesn't expect any, either "In favor?" Shodan raises his hand, and looks if there's anyone willing to do the same. If everything goes as planned and Gemini is "democratically approved" as part of the group, the Obrimos continues:

"The motion to run with you passes. By the way, most people call me Shodan. But some also say I'm a total Libertine. How about you?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx meets the icy smile head on, unfazed. "Whatever you say," she says dismissively with a half shrug. "I get used to keeping eyes open."

She looks between the two newcomers, settling on Shodan. "Yeah, I was there. Phoenyx," she says, by way of introduction. "Or, y'know. 'Alice', with the sleepers. Obrimos Arrow." She cocks her head, and gives another shrug. "Run with us, or don't, it's all the same to me." It's hard to tell if she's actually unhappy, or just has resting bitch face. Could be either. "What were your names again?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes Vincent, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread