Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She’d been feeling emotionally detached from things lately. Consiliums were hard to get into, she couldn’t feel a connect with anyone. It was taking a toll on her.

Her answer to that would normally be to go out drinking and just forget it. But she didn’t want to do that anymore. So instead, she was at her favorite coffee shop. They of course had more than just coffee, some excellent teas from what she'd heard.

Sitting outside despite the weather, they had pyramid heaters placed around, so it was cozy. The outdoor trees weren’t as pretty as they were in the summer, but they were filled with white lights to be festive, but not obnoxious.

The Shaman sat at a table, sipping from a large mug and reading from a Nook on the table. Draped behind her chair was a long red leather jacket. She was wearing black leather pants with a long-sleeved sweater, her long blonde hair hanging loose around her shoulders.

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He'd visit this place often to grab a bite, or for the excellent tea they served. There he'd spend his time on the outside, sleuthing his newspapers for Supernal cues and sometimes, living vicariously through the Sleepers that crowded the boulevard. Such was the way of the world.
    It was a quiet shop, tastefully decorated and homely. Nor it did displease him in the slighest that the owner - a stunning brunette - was one of the best conversationalists he ever met, prying words even from somebody as tight-lipped as himself. Some people could evenly match a Master of Mind, such was their charm.

Speak of the devil. He thought, looking at one familiar member of the fairest, apparently for the afternoon sadder, sex. The Guardian takes a table at the far end of the booth, unwilling to intrude on her privacy, as ironic as respect for such things could be for a trained spy. He orders a black tea, to the waitress he asks to add the woman's tab to his own.

4. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

One could only look at college info for so long before it just became a blur, and a headache. Thankfully, caffeine was great at helping headaches! And as she was getting a refill, she learned of someone else picking up her tab.

Curious blue eyes scan the room, and find Winter. Ever stoic, and sitting by himself.

Now, she could return to her own seat, allowing him and her to keep seating alone, or she could do what she did best, be social.

Walking back to her table, she grabs her coat, because that thing cost her a small fortune years ago, and walks over.

Smiling as she got closer,

“Seems someone is kind enough to support my caffeine habit.” Her tone upbeat, “Mind if I join you?” she asks, gesturing to one of the seats, “How've you been?”

6. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"No, not at all. Please.", immediately standing behind her and pulling the chair out. He'll bring it back in as she takes a seat before sliding back to his chair himself.

"You looked pensive, waiting for someone or something. I didn't want to invade your privacy". Like always, the Master of life was perfect. Count on her, Campanella and Sand to keep the flag of tasteful style flying high. He had to admit, it was a nice diversion from the pragmatic Arrows, the scholarly Langdon and Samael or worse, the Libertines whose vandalic demeanor had plagued and almost split the Consilium.

"Same old, same old. My associate has been busy, so all the work fell on me. Couldn't resist their glitter tea",
    a gentle nod to the waiter signaled to bring back the menus.

"How are you? We haven't had the occasion to speak lately", he asked with curiosity.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

He was such a gentleman, she thinks with a smile as she sits. The coat was draped over the chair.
    “Thank you!” she said with a smile to him.

“Pensive? Really? I don't think I've ever been told that!” did she look pensive? “I was just lost in my thoughts and trying to find a direction. And don’t worry about invading my privacy, if I wanted to be alone I would have stayed in.” the smile remained.

“Ah, I hate when that happens. But something tells me you’re up to the challenge.” She takes a sip of her coffee, “Glitter tea?” she asks, “Can’t say I’ve tried it. Do you recommend it?” she was game for something different.

“I would say some old, but it really hasn’t. Been trying to figure things out and feeling disconnected. Ever feel disconnected?”
    she asked, blue eyes studying him. “And it has been a while since we talked hasn’t it?! Wow, sorry about that.” She just hadn’t been herself lately.

9. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, you should try. It's good, relaxing even, they add those roots...", he interrupted himself. The woman was a Shaman, she could synthetize tea and any kind of psychoactive root from a mere thought. The Guardian thought amused.

"Ennui"
    , that's how they called it. A restless young lady was a fearsome occurrence, one wielding as much power and grace as the Thyrsus at the other side of the table, doubly so. Something was boiling, he just didn't know what and why. But he was curious.
    "Detachement, disconnect, you say?", he asked. Most of the scions of the Watchtower of the Singing Stone were unruly souls, free spirits happy to spend their time on the treshold between the material world and the Shadow. Survival of the fittest was the only rule. They had much in common, the Guardian thought.

Nevertheless, the woman across the table wasn't just built that way. He could have been wrong in his assessment, he conceded that, but the Mystagogue was no simpleton or wall flower. Seeing her as an hermit covered in animal skin was a laughable proposition.
    No, that had the seeming of an existential crisis. He didn't know which causes to ascribe this malaise to. In that moment a spurious thought amidst many surfaced through the layers of his consciousness, Campanella - that's it, assuming his gut instinct hadn't failed him - was an idiot.

He closed his eyes nodding. This kind of mission Winter the Susceptor wasn't well equipped to handle; ***** the father of 3 young women however, was another story, and certainly a finer conversationalist.

"Yes I do. Alienation", he said , "you feel out of place, unsure of where you are or even wanted to be. Idleness can be a trap, it stunts personal growth and trashes hope", he took a pause, "and for somebody in our position, it's hard to find somebody willing to listen to us. Friendly shoulders are a rare commodity".

"It doesn't help that the state of our Company in this city doesn't lend itself to fostering more amiable relations among the members of the board. So you end up stuck between worlds, with no real place to call your own. Our Company will have to improve in that department, I fear".
    It was starting to get chilly, the Guardian would have offered his jacket to the woman but refrained from doing so, he had something important to say. "Needless to say, our talents leave a stain on our private lifes as well. Some people just need to set goals for themselves and stick to the plan, some others however err on the opposite direction. They're too caught by their duties that they need to be reminded of the fleetness of life. If you catch my drift".

"Maybe you just need a change of pace or to find a passion to pour yourself in, means of expression. I've been observing you at those meetings, if I have to be sincere. Your position is peculiar, I dare to say. Don't get me wrong, I'm well intended. You might be young but you have shown an admirable degree of self control, especially given the berth of your capabilities. And on the mundane side, those qualities are evident and your studies are progressing nicely.
    So, tell me. What exactly is plaguing you?", in that moment the waitress brought a pair of menus. The man, smiling politely, waited until she was gone.

"You know, I used to be married and we were happy. So if that's the reason of your pain. Know that a balance is possible. But I'm doing all the talking",
    he stopped there, ready to listen.

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Like a quiet reminder , Eurydice slipped into the cafe, dressed comfortably and to avoid attention. Yes, she was still in Sacramento. No, she had never left.

It wasn't until the Moros was seated on the far end of the room with a menu that she noticed the two familiar figures. Should one of them glance over, Eurydice would offer a small wave and a smile. Moving was hard. And long. And it sucked. However, none among her fellow Awakened had contacted her for some time, so, aside from the disturbing vision, it seemed to Eurydice that all was more or less stable. Thus, she focused on her work involving the Sleepers, building her income and establishing her office.

Still it was good to see some of her kind of people, even in passing. However, Shaman and Susceptor seemed to be locked in a personal conversation and Eurydice was not about to approach uninvited. She had tact.

12. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “Then that’s what I’ll get next!” something relaxing would be nice.

Then a sigh and shallow nod, “Yeah. I experienced similar a little while ago when a big change rocked things. But,” a shrug, “I don’t know.” She was sure she’d accepted her new life.

She nods, “That’s true, it’s hard to talk to people. We see the world differently.” And felt things differently. “I wonder if it’s my decision to sort of retire from my job and focus on something new.” It was a thought, and it made sense. Sideshow and Ren Faires was all she knew her whole life.

“How do you think we can improve on that? Do you have any thoughts or ideas? Cause I agree, but I don’t know how to go about implementing improvement.” But she was listening, “I think I catch your drift. When I first arrived here, I was more outgoing, more focused on what I was doing outside our talents. But as the years of gone by, and talents grow, it’s hard to not feel guilty when out focusing on yourself and not others.” Maybe she needed to go out more like she used to.

“Maybe you’re right. Stepping away from what I’ve known all my life might be hitting me hard. I need to find something else to focus on. Pour my expression into something that I can find fulfilling.” Maybe it was time to take the leap into refurbishing full time.

A light laugh, “I’m not that young anymore, but thank you.” She meant it. “You know? That surprises me as well. I’d been so used to sitting back and not getting involved that when I did, I wasn’t expecting self-control.” And there were times that she had been close to snapping. “I just can’t seem to connect with anyone. Those I had been close to, have gone, and forming friendships has always been a struggle for me. My life had been spent on the road, moving from city to city. So it’s hard to connect.” She missed Tuesday. Tuesday got her, had been there to support her.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” For some reason, she never imagined Winter married. And she wasn't sure what to say. “I don’t know if that’s in the cards for me. But I’d like to find a balance.” Marriage was a bit much to her. Too serious.

Smiling once again, “I like listening to you talk. You have a lot of wise words.” And she thinks that’s the longest she’d heard him talk.

Blue eyes notice yet another familiar face. Well, familiar in the fact she was pretty sure she’d seen her in Consilium. Looking back to Winter, “Should we invite her over? It’s always more fun to be out with the company of others.”

14. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"It could be", he nodded, "you spend years practicing something, so long that it turns into a habit. The world at large ignores the struggle, so your art becomes the only outlet. Though habits can be a curse", the man interrupted himself and opened the menu.

"You know, complacency? The comfort bubble is too familiar for a trek outside and you just stop improving", he looked above the menu toward his companion, "what was your previous occupation, if I may?", he asked.

He weighed the woman's word carefully and deemed her altruism genuine. "Well, your talents could prove themselves to be quite useful for an undertaking of ours. Nothing that would put your affiliation in jeopardy, don't worry", what was going to be her reaction, he wondered.

"You see, the area is in dire need of vast scale re-development. Feng Shui, that's how the Chinese call it. The belief that the environment affects the mood of whoever occupies the space", his index drew two lines over the tablecloth, "I'd say it explains the bad behavior we've had to deal with recently. Needless to say, those fireworks around the HQ left a scar", altough cryptic, he knew the master would understand the meaning of his words, "now my division can deal with the more mundane aspects of the refurbishing attempt, but the more exotic... facets are beyond our talents. Some troublesome tenants leave a staining resonance, the kind of problems that somebody like you would be more than capable of solving, with our support of course. You mentioned it in the past, that hotel, right? I'm asking you to lead the reconnaissance", it was rare and lackadaisical for a Guardian to seek help in the protection of a Mistery, but they lacked manpower.

"Yes, friends are a commodity in short supply for those of us who enjoy an itinerant lifestyle", he nodded knowingly, the notion that not only Guardians were afflicted by loneliness was at both saddening and relieving, "but despite what you say", he laughed heartily, "you're still young, there's plenty of time to reconnect and find a balance"

"I honestly half expected that the guy wouldn't survive the encounter. Your cold blood was quite surprising", the discussion had suddenly taken a moodier turn, his wife, he missed her "well, it's the way of life. Death is just another step in the cycle", he said not letting the mood poison the evening.

"Oh, I'm glad you appreciate the ramblings. According to my daughters, I'm just a grumpy old man", they both saw Eurydice, in agreement with Aurora he rose up from his seat and invited the young woman to come over as he pulled out a chair for her much as he had done for the Shaman.

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

She saw the Shaman's glance and her hushed words. When the Susceptor rose and pulled a chair, it was the only gesture the Moros needed. As the Cleaner's server came to refill her glass, she indicated the pair, telling the young woman whom she would be dining with.

With that out of the way, Eurydice rose and strode over her face bearing a small smile, but otherwise bearing the stoic expression which she had worn at the last two Consiliums she had attended.

"Good evening," she offered as she took a seat, first looking to her superior, "I must apologize for my absence, other business has kept me from the company's affairs. I haven't received any emails though, so I assume things are relatively stable? All things considered, of course."

Looking to the blonde, Eurydice extended a hand, "I believe I've seen you at the conferences," she says, "Yuri Solberg."

17. Likes Vincent liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread