Your Majesty,

In advance of La Famiglia's upcoming offensive, please be advised of the following information provided by one of my ears in the city:

---

""Something is going on. Giuseppe, a mafia strong man, is into it. I thought he was just trying to work out what's going on... but now I think he's part of it. So is Cockrane a crazy bomb expert who has been blundering about letting things slip. Even for her this was clumsy. There is a safe cracker called Lindasfarne. He's been making enquiries too - which is unusual for him. Some woman called McGregor, as well - she has been a real rube in this whole affair. I don't know what it is, but I think they are working together. They're bound up in this weapon deal with an out-of-own outfit... And they're desperate after being kicked out of 'Frisco."

"Its a bread crumb. Its got to be. I think its bait, myself. It feels like it. And Giuseppe crafted those rumours for a purpose."

"This is Gang Task Force stuff. Seriously, if those guys were not locked into a pissing contest with the feds and having their own affairs being raked over, this whole deal would have been crushed by now."

"The deal is real. It is happening here ________ at _________. There is a bridge north of the city, part of the old flood defences I guess. Small arms, mostly. But chemicals as well. Damn that outfit is desperate. I bet its on its last legs - they were a violent crew and I guess the city of San Francisco had had enough of 'em. Shows you how desperate they are... There is some movement with a Cartel as well. But I don't think they're related."

"Look. Be careful, alright? Giuseppe is loyal to his Familia so I got no clue as to why he is stepping out on this one. Cochrane is ex military and crazy. She is a hair trigger type. Lindasfarne and that woman, McGregor are unknowns. And then there is this federal agency making waves. Never heard of them before - VASCU or Taskforce: Valkyrie or something. Hell, I'm not even sure they are the same agency. Just... Too. Many. Moving. Parts. They'll crush you without a thought. Stay out of this! I am."

----

Your Majesty, it seems to me that we were quite right to decide to deploy your people to handle this. Directly intervening ourselves would likely have led to a breach of the Masquerade.

We'll be nearby to pick off any Hunters who might manage to escape, but I suspect your people will be more than capable of handling this. Giuseppe is going to think twice about harming Mafia members, and that's where we'll get him.

Once that is done, we will want to keep our heads down and be quiet about things like grabbing Derrick, for example. I expect the Gang Task Force will move into North Sacramento, which will complicate the lives of Yusuf, Ronnie G, et al. Clever use of police allies at that point could allow us to pass information to the GTF, which could be an effective way to end their outfit. With federal agents running around, we will be well rewarded for stealth.

Lina Moretti
Sheriff