Ended
Watch

A Night at the Races

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    John Davis

West of Arden Arcade sits the Cal Expo and Cal Expo Harness Racing, a dirt track where every Friday and Saturday night you can bet on horse races from around the world, including the ones on site. Tonight, thanks to the benefits of longer nights and daylight savings time, the Famous Sacramento Gambler Colonel John Jefferson Davis enjoys a night at the races.

Wearing his usual period attire, the Colonel goes about reviewing the stats in the racing handbill. Who would win? Who would lose? What other gamblers resided in Sacramento?

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid is out enjoying herself too. In a tacky red dress, closed black shoes with scrappy heels and a ridiculous fascinator that is overbalanced and slowly collapsing as the night progresses. The play of harsh light and shadow really does bring out the ethereal qualities of her skin and her lissome form that is at once too thin... and just right.

With her cute little bag slung over her shoulder, tickets in one hand and a plastic cup of booze in the other, this little lady really does look like she is out on the town. The rate she is going, one might how much of the town will be all over her by dawn.

"Go on you beauty!"

Ingrid shrieks as the horses come in. Her's might not have won but by the look of things she stands to win something tonight!
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

J
    John Davis

Davis heard a voice call out for a favorite animal.

"Pardon me, madame. It does seem like you are enjoying these festivities of equine excellence. Allow me to introduce myself. Colonel John Jefferson Davis and who might you be?"

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. I am. I came second..."

Ingrid bounced with exuberance. An exuberance that stopped dead as she stared hard at the man before her.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-01 03:10:33 Ingrid to recognise the Colonel rolls 7 to Wits + Composure + Fame effect (10 Again) 10, 4, 8, 10, 7, 8, 9, 4, 3 5 successes

First came the blank look. Then a growing recognition. Then she shrieked.

"Oh. My. God! Its the Colonel! John Jefferson Davis! John Davis!"

Ingrid bounced again. Her fascinator nearly toppled from her head.

"Ohmygod! Look at you! Hello!"

J
    John Davis

Davis smiled with exuberance. "Why yes, tis I! How grand of you to recognize me." With a grand flourish and a bow. "It is my pleasure to meet you, one who lady luck has so graced with a second place betting horse. Perhaps some of your luck shall rub off on me."

The ego boost Davis received from the ethereal beauty was much needed at this time. A harsh winter was approaching for the Colonel.

"Would you mind company? The next race should be starting soon."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"OK."

Ingrid no longer bounced but her shy smile was much too coy and way too knowing to be as innocent as it seemed.

"I gotta horse in the next race too. Um. Rocco Jazz. See? Do you have a wager on the next race as well?"

J
    John Davis

"But of course, I say of course, I have a wager on the next race.... and depending on how the horse performs, I may, I say, I may just have a new asset in my stables."

Davis smiled.

"Rocco Jazz, you say. Hmm, the odds look good on the board but I like to place my money where Lady Luck tends to provide the greater reward. Not always a long shot mind you, but I like the spice of a risky wager. My money is on the one called Fevre Dream."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Fevre Dream? You mean the... um... comeback kid?"

Ingrid was digging for the form guide now. It had been folded down into an irregular rectangle in her purse.

"Well. Yah. A few years ago he was a sure thing? But now? Well its your money, mister."

The woman chortled.

J
    John Davis

"Yes, he was spectacular a few years ago. And the good thing about veterans is that every now and again, they make a comeback. And with 1000 to 1 odds, what do I have to lose?"

Davis smiled at the ethereal beauty. "I'll tell you what dear. A $1.00! I bet a dollar, he wins, cha-ching. He loses, well, there will be other races."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid looked sternly at the gambler. Then her face broke into a hungry smile.

"You, sir, have a deal."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread