Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Lorenzo's was a small, traditional place, Checkered tablecloths, wicker baskets and moodlighting with candlelight. There seemed to be peculiar chill and a breeze in spots there this evening, one that wouldn't fully go away - and only two of the clientele knew why.

Rhodes had ordered a bottle of wine (a Tuscany red with cherry overtones), poured them each a glass, and was browsing a menu.

"Hmm.... Well, my dear, is there anything that is taking your fancy?" He swirls the wine in his glass, looking over the rim with a smirk.

Seraphina Orianna

Carrying on almost straight away from here

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Traditional was written all over the place to the Nix, her eyes taking the place in.

And if she was being honest, she felt under-dressed. And had already figured out the perfect dress to wear to such a place.

"Such a nice little restaurant!"

When he ordered a bottle of wine, and poured her a glass, she realized she hadn’t told him she didn’t drink. Which already had her feeling guilty. It wasn’t that she couldn’t drink, she totally could. But it had been part of her being sober, her way to stick with it.

Peering at him from behind her menu, “Oh, lots of things.” Her tone playful, “I would ask you for a recommendation, but you said you’d never been here. So looks like I’m on my own for this one.” Her tone remained as her eyes glanced down at the menu once more, “How about you? Do you already know what you want? I wouldn't want to hold you up with being unsure.” she asks innocently.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"It is rather charming, isn't it?" Rhodes agrees. "And I'm afraid so, but At least I'm on my own with you." He grins, and glances down at the menu.

There's asmall chuckle. "Oh, I'm usually very sure of what I want, and tonight is no exception..." The Fairest lets the statement hang in the air, continuing to smile. "I can't imagine you being unsure on anything, Sera. You just exhude confidence. And please, take your time. I do still need to decide on a main course, and some things are all the sweeter when you have to wait a little for them." Rhodes sips his wine demurely, looking completely nonchalant. Only the playful inflections of his words and the twinkle in his eye betray the meaning.

"So tell me, Sera - How does one manage to get so quickly established in such a competative business? Garden Grounds must truly have an allure others do not. I wonder what that might be?"
    The Flowering say wryly, leaning forward in his chair, leaning on the table and tapping his chin.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a nod, “It is! I love little places like this that put so much into the detail. Personally, it tells me they pay just as much attention to the flavors of the dishes.” Details were very important.

“Well, we’ll have to make sure we get different dishes and maybe share.” It was an idea, but she not everyone was ok with sharing their meal. "Or just come back." she had to give him an out.

“Confidence huh?” she laughs lightly, “About some things, yes. Picking dinner from such an amazing menu? Nope.” A shake of her head. “And that is so true! It’s just frustrating when you have no patience.” A light shrug, but a hint of mischief in her eyes.

Putting the menu down, looking thoughtful, “My first thought is great coffee at affordable prices. Or maybe it’s the magical feel of the decorations that just make people feel at ease.” Eyes glance down at the menu again before meeting his eyes, “Otherwise that than, I have no clue. Maybe luck?” playing coy. “Though we do see a larger crowd on weekends when I sing.” Another shrug. “But I’m going to go out a limb here and venture that you have an idea about it.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes narrows his eyes playfully but continues to smile. "You are very insightful, aren't you? I noticed something very similar when I entered Garden Grounds itself."

"I'd be happy to share - we can sample a little more that way. I wouldn't want to assume too much... no matter how well I thinkthings are going,"
    he looks back down to the menu. "I like the sound of the Antipasto to start. Perhaps canneloni...?" he muses aloud.

Rhodes chuckles. "Well, if you can narrow it down to a couple of choices, I could always have the other, and then you get to try both." He watches her, intrigued. "The simple fact about studying the occult is you rarely get far without patience and discipline. Such things serve you well in remaining focused, knowing the rewards are clearly there." The Fairest was enjoying himself immensely. Verbal sparring was one thing, but subtlety? Innuendo? Dare he say it.... playfulness? He'd forgotten what it was like to be flirtatious with someone he was truly interested in.

"We-ell..." He draws out the word. "I can't speak for everyone, but I know why I could be lured back for another visit." The Fairest blinks. "I never knew you were a performer! What genres do you sing?" The Flowering sets the menu down, drinking in the Treasured with his eyes.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a pleased almost satisfied look to her, “Why thank you!” she gushed, “People tend to forgo the small details, and those are the ones that stand out and draw attention. Take the ceiling of Garden Grounds, there are actually live flowers mixed in with the fake. I found an adorable little florist that I visit each morning to pick out the most fragrant she has. I provide her coffee, and she gives me a discount. But that small detail adds a little something in my opinion. When you care enough as a business owner to do that, your customers notice.” Least that’s how she saw it. And it seemed to work, so she kept doing it.

His agreeing to share apparently delighted her, “This opens up so many possibilities now!” what was it with Changelings and food anyways? It always seemed funny to her. “Assumptions can be dangerous, though sometimes they’re spot on. But still an iffy game to play.” Not one she tried often. As he mentions dishes, sapphires quickly turn back to the menu, finding what he said. “Oh!! Those sound simply delicious!” there were just too many good things.

“I’m intrigued by the cauliflower penne puttanesca and potato gnocchi myself.” Her fingers point to the on the menu before closing it.

“Discipline I have, but I’m just not used to having to wait for what I want.” An innocent shrug. “Did you always have patience, or was it learned over years of practice?” maybe it could be something she worked on. Maybe.

Leaning on the table, “Do tell.” She says with a knowing smile.

“All genres really, though there are some my voice is more tuned for. Classical and blues are the most requested usually. But as long as I know the song, I can sing it. Though I don’t think I’d do metal any justice.” She laughs. “I actually used to sing at the Blue Note, Sasha gave me my first job there when I arrived. I need to go back soon, she has such an amazing stage and atmosphere.” That settled it, she was calling Sasha. “Speaking of music, what kind do you enjoy?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Th Fairest nods in agreement. " The key to many things are in the details, aren't they? Though I'm ashamed to admit I didn't notice the live flowers. I'm afraid my attention was drawn to something far more beautious."

As Sera is delighted, Rhodes matches her enthusiasm, beaming. "I only try to make assumptions when I have good grounds - an educated guess, as it were. So much of language and social iteraction is just games.... to me it is just another one, only it requires more thought, and consideration. People, of course, can always surprise you."

He glances back to the menu, spotting her choices. "Excellent! Done." he set the menus to one side and glances to a waiter, placing their orders.

Rhodes chuckles. "Oh really? And what is it that you want, pray?"

He ponders a little on her own question. "My patience was learned, certainly." He seems to sink into a wistful thought. "The agonising wait for pleasure, tinged with expectation of pain..." He shakes his head, as if rousing himself. "I... my apologies, Sera. I..." Rhodes sighs. "I have been chasing my memories. Of my time away. Seeking.. strength... from the experience." From the Wyrd. The Flowering smiles, recomposing himself. "Study of what people think of as Magic has many paths. Opening that box is different for each of us. Mysteries and the "magics" of the world," he chuckles at the irony of pretending magic isn't real, "can take days or weeks pof study to reveal their logic. There are those that believe the properites imbued in an item can be discovered with days of study. I have looked into these methods." He shrugs, and grins. "Academically, of course."

"I think you know," Rhodes retorts playfully.

Rhodes nods. "I was saying something similar to Nana jus tthe other week about visiting the Blue Note. Jazz is something I love. But I do enjoy classical as well. I'm an old soul," he chuckles. "I've found it lets me easily access more traditional things, that seem to be coming back into vogue." He gives her another charming smile. "But what is your favurite to sing? Which do you enjoy the most?"

9. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Her head tilts as a half-smile appears, “Well, if your attention was drawn elsewhere, I can’t be too upset. But I think I could have a little fun with that, turn it into a game.” She says thoughtfully and playfully.

Nodding, “Which is why it’s fun to people watch. Sometimes, I can spend a whole afternoon simply observing people who come into the coffee shop. How they talk, how they move, even the little things that they don’t realize they’re doing. I think it’s something that’s carried over from my childhood, learning to read a crowd or a person. But that is true, people surprising you, I’ve been thrown off a few times myself.” But it was usually people who knew Sera was watching them for social cues.

Taking a sip of water, she debates his question. “Me? Oh, many things. But I think a girl needs her secrets, and a reason to disclose them.” She offers back with an arched eyebrow.

Shaking her head, “Again, no need to apologize. Memories are there to remind us and to teach us. And I personally think you have the strength, you just have to see it.” The glass was set down. But he wasn’t ready to open up. And that was fine. Though there was something there that wanted to be shared, at least, that’s how it felt to her. But she wouldn’t push, and drops the subject when he does. “I guess I’m just so used to getting things when I want them, that I wouldn’t even know what to do if I had to wait, weeks or months, hell, even years! But I suppose it does make the reward that much sweeter, that much more important. Maybe I should test myself sometime, look into studying something that would make me wait, see what happens.” A shrug. "Do you think it can be learned? Patience." She’d give it a try. “And of course it was academically, is there any other way?” grinning as well.

She looks surprised and mildly shocked, a hand raised and rested on her chest, “I do? I think you assume too much good sir.” A sly smile appearing.

“Now that’s an excellent question!” she gushed before looking thoughtful. “It’s a tough one, jazz is a lot of fun to sing because I can truly get into it. Yet classical feels best suited for my voice and allows me a wide range of notes to hit.” She then looks stumped, “I don’t know if I could pick! But I guess if I had to, I would probably say jazz just because of the way it allows me to perform and use the stage.” If she had to pick. “You guys should go! Sasha has done a wonderful job with the venue, and even if there isn’t live music, just the atmosphere makes it worth it.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"I thought we already were...?" Rhodes chuckles.

The Flowering nods. "People are fascinating to observe. I have always enjoyed reading their facial ticks, their tells. When is someone lying? What are their true feelings? Why might they conceal them? So much to see, just in a person walking down the street."

"You tease. I should warn you - One thing your Lady and I share is a curiosity for rooting out secrets," He smiles roguishly. "I don't suppose you could give me a hint? I could make it worth your while."

Rhodes watches her with a small smile, a touch of pink finally tinging his cheeks. "That is very kind of you to say, Sera. Though I should let you know, it is not a lack of strength with which I view myself - more that even, ah, Occult skill can be strengthened with practice. I seek to better direct energies, channel more raw magical energy. For me it is proving to open up memories repressed, hidden, and lost. It is like uncovering a more primal part of myself. Exhilarating.... but terrifying." He smiles fondly at the Fairest before him.

"And do you always get what you want, Sera?" The Flowering asks with an arched eyebrow. "Of course patience can be learned, You just need to find the right topic. One that you do not grasp straight away, but need to persevere. Perhaps dreams may show you a suitable challenge." An innocent statement with a deeper meaning for the air of them. He matches her grin.

Rhodes' eyebrows jump in mock surprise. "Do I? Then you are saying I need to make my reasons more clear?" His eyes twinkle with mischief. "Even my chivalrous methods have their limits before entering the realm of brash for one so fair." A smirk pairs the twinkling green eyes.

"People always ask an artist what they can do, but rarely what they love to do. They forget that doing something you love; a song, a play, an act; is far more likely to have more effort to do something you cherish justice." Rhodes smiles, watching Sera gush over her music. "A high recommendation. Perhaps we should make an evening of it! You must tell me when you plan on performing. Or perhaps we could go together." He sips his wine again.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A brief look of confusion, “Is that what we’re doing? Huh, and here I thought we were just two people getting to know each other.” Her voice taking on a hint of teasing, knowing full well that they were doing.

Then an eager nod, “Exactly! Not many people find it fascinating, so this is exciting!” gushed the Nix with a big smile. “Human nature is weird thing. I’ve noticed that most who lie, have a tell, one that sometimes they don’t even know about. Like this girl I knew, everytime she lied, her nose twitched a bit. Really interesting.” A nod as she sips the water again.

There was a giggle as she struggled to stop smirking, “Oh good sir, I promise you, I’m no tease.” Her look somewhat serious. “A hint? Hmmm,” a finger rests against her lips as she studies him, “I mean, I could, but I’m having too much fun. Though you do make a compelling offer.” She was having fun truth be told. Not many guys could banter with her and make it interesting. “And wouldn’t this be an excellent example of patience?” the teasing tone back.

“And there it is!” she exclaims, “The most handsome shade of pink.” She did look quite proud. A nod, “Ah, I see. Well, my statement still stands.” Yup. Her eyes study him a moment, then glance off to the side, lost in either a thought or something. Focus is regained, “I can see how that would be terrifying, I’m not sure I’d want to do that. Sometimes memories we already have can be difficult enough, but ones lost or hidden? I don’t know. But I think it’s amazing you’re doing that, if that doesn’t how strength than I don’t know what does.” If there are memories she has suppressed, she wanted to leave them that way.

“Usually. Though sometimes I have to put a bit more effort into.” For her, that was easy. The bat of an eye, the slight pout. Easy.

“Maybe, I’m excited to give it a try and learn something new. I’m always looking for something new to learn and challenge myself with.” She was never content with how she was, always seeking to improve.

Laughing, “I suppose you don’t know me well enough to know how utterly hard it is to offend me. I’ve probably heard it all and some you haven’t. But a girl should always appreciate a chivalrous guy. It’s just not as common these days, a rare thing.” Oh yeah, rare.

A sweet smile, “That’s very true, and often forgotten. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll sing whatever I’m asked to, and give it my all. But if I know something is well suited for the pitches I can hit, it will sound a lot better. Though I can’t blame people, they know you can sing and immediately have a list for you.” It was how the game worked.

“Oh, well that’s up to Sasha. I can give her a call and talk to her, see when she’d be ok with me doing it. Though going with you sounds wonderful.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread