Ended
Watch

Down on the Farm

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Krieg

The Crone Farm was situated deep in the farmlands, south from the Communal Zone. At the farmhouse, Krieg sat in a rocking chair - plastic painted to resemble wood. Beside him was the chair's twin. He patiently awaited Lina Moretti .

L
    Lina Moretti

Lights approached, coming up the driveway with the roaring of American muscle as the Sheriff's car pulled up the driveway to the farm. The Beast screamed its rage out to the world, but found nothing to clash with. Even as she saw Krieg in his chair, the big, devout man did not give off the Challenge that constantly gripped at the edge of the vampiric psyche.

It was a pleasant change.

Functional, stylish boots trailed up blue jeans to a fitted black leather jacket. She open-carried a sheathed Bowie on her hip, unconcerned that people might know she was armed. Californians had the right to open carry a blade, and so she did when going to most places where Kindred would be found.

"Hierophant. I trust you are well."

Her tone was pleasant, but it wasn't bubbly. Rather, it suggested that they had some business to attend to, the direct Daeva right on character.

K
    Krieg

As the headlights neared, Krieg lifted his head up, then arose from his seat. Lina's Beast riled his own. Instinctively, it knew no one would ever find her out here. His eyes darted to the knife. His inner demon fell to a hush. Lina was armed and dangerous.

"Grand Wyrm," he replied with her title. "You are exactly on point; I am well." He gestured to the chair next to him. "Would be comfortable out here, or inside?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"This is fine," she said, sliding into the seat next to the giant Acolyte. "I appreciate you hosting." Glancing about at the house, a half-smile popped. Was this where the giant made his rest? Was it truly so idyllic, so rustic? Maybe there was a peace in his worship that she simply could not comprehend. There was little that was peaceful about the relentless pursuit of the Great Work.

If this was so, she envied him.

"The breeze is nice," she mused, staring off into the fields and the distance for a long moment as she let her mind wander. Slowly, languidly, as though it was unfortunate to have to stop considering the peace of this place, her focus turned back onto he who led the Circle even if her eyes did not.

"Do we have a dispute, Heirophant?" she asked, her voice peaceful, her humane face relaxed. "For the words of you and your Acolyte suggest to me that you do not hold me in the high esteem that most do. If that is so, I wish to know how we can correct that issue."

K
    Krieg

Wrong Scene

K
    Krieg

Her face was...alive...the distinctive 'lapse' in social interaction that plagued Kindred did not afflict Lina. The Dragons were ever so interesting.

"No," Krieg shook his head, "It was my mistake and my Apprentice followed my lead. I owe you an apology and Prestation. Name your price for our forgiveness."

L
    Lina Moretti

"It's a Minor issue. She can pay on her own, same price." A nod. Simple prestation arrangements worked fine for wrapping things up. "And I trust I'll hear nothing further from either of you two that doesn't express appropriate respect."

She flashed a smile, her head turning to face him. The dimple in her cheek...

"Well. With that said, Krieg, I am considering my options for Deputy Sheriffs..."

K
    Krieg

"I'll pass the word along to her," he nodded. Krieg's brown eyes watched her smile, the dimple upon her cheek. He had to briefly look away, to avoid being rude. If I didn't know better...A brow raised then settled. "I am eager to hear more," he smiled. "Might I be on that list?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"It depends," the small Daeva replied, sizing him up. "I've seen you working in the field, but I haven't had a chance to review your entire set of capabilities. What can you do? It's a practical consideration. I have already hired Blackbird. She's subtle. I could use someone who can bring some... heat to bear."

It was as good an opportunity as ever for the big guy to spill the beans.

K
    Krieg

"I'm pleased to hear your interest," Krieg smiled. "I'm a firm believer in strike hard, fast, and merciless. I make sure the enemy doesn't get up after that first hit."

"I can give enemies of the Domain a very, very tight hug."
    His brows rose and fell, hinting at sadism. "I am a bare knuckle, close quarters combatant." The giant tightened his fingers into a fist as a demonstration, for a moment. "I terrorize my foe long before they realize that I am already upon them. I stalk them, entirely unseen. I bear the wrath of the Goddess; their joints lock up, moments before I pounce, and squeeze the air out of their lungs."

"I am fear."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.