Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

After a long moment of still thought, watching Alessandra Dirt Nap says thoughtfully, "Your Grace, I understand words are cheap." he pauses, "Please let me apologize by serving you somehow. I can't say how much suits for having offended, so whatever you say. I'll do whatever you think is right."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Introductions were made, and seeing Mable curtsy was odd.

Then the new guy was introduced, Dirt Nap. Was that really his name? Or just something he went by?

She understood nerves at having the Prince in front of you. She's been there before. And maybe it was his nerves that had him utter the words that raised the hackles on her Beast. He would be the third to use that word with her. One was still walking around, the other on a shelf in her office.

Dark eyes narrow at the weak man as Lina speaks. Her eyes don't move from the offending Kindred, but Linas words were heard.

The new question is does she let this slide, or handle it.

Finally, she speaks, "As Sheriff Moretti has just clued me in on, you're not Invictus. As such, you couldn't know the grave insult you have uttered." her tone even, somewhat calm. But was that good...or bad? "And you're owning up and are willing to make things right. I can't fault you for that. But if you're unfamiliar with Court manners, perhaps it's time to speak to someone about that." she can't let things slide all the time.

"So tell you what, we can let this slide for a Minor Boon and your word that it will not happen again. If it does, I can bring you into my office and show you what remains of the last to use those words." and then a smile.

"So what brings you to the Domain?"
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    C
    Cross

Moretti raised an eyebrow at the new arrival.

"Rule number one of prestation, Nap: say something accidentally offensive? Offer a trivial boon. Go from there.

Rule number two? Never offer to let someone set the price that you agree to. Pay her the minor, and call it a learning opportunity."

A pause. She glanced to Wood, then back to the new Dragon.

"Your Majesty, I'll make the time to give a lesson. The Ordo Dracul represents. See me later, Dragon."

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti raised an eyebrow at the new arrival.

"Rule number one of prestation, Nap: say something accidentally offensive? Offer a trivial boon. Usually, that's enough, and if it isn't, prestation is a negotiation.

Rule number two? Never offer to let someone set the price that you agree to. Pay her the minor, and call it a learning opportunity."

A pause. She glanced to Wood, then back to the new Dragon.

"Your Majesty, I'll make the time to give a lesson. See me later, please, Dragon. We'll go over what's expected."

She gave him a polite smile, quite unlike the ominous Prince. The world was not ending.

V
    Vivian York

With a respectful nod of her head to Ale, the Daeva was quiet while she watched the course of the conversation. The new man wasn't her clan, nor her covenant so she felt no need to interject upon his behalf or apologize for any reason. Vivian wondered why everyone thought calling any prince with 'my prince' was acceptable.

At least the Savage was apologetic and not arguing about whether or not he was wrong. It was a shame one of her own Clan couldn't figure this out from the start. Maybe Dixie should take a lesson on what 'humble' means from this gentleman.

She was going to ask if she could offer a piece of advice, then in her mind she didn't think asking was necessary. "One thing I've used to remember who gets what title, listen to the first introduction of that person. Then use that title until you are told to otherwise. It's like calling a Susan, Suzie, and then realizing they absolutely hate that nickname." The gave Dirt Nap a kindly smile.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods bows, to Alessandra. "Thank you...Your Grace." he says, appearing sincerely grateful and appreciative in his tone. "I agree, of course. A minor boon." he says, seriously.

He pauses in thought and answers, "I came here, to Your domain, with the hope of settling down from wanderings. I am originally from Houston. I learned there the basics of what I needed to survive, and the beginnings of more. I wandered a bit through the West, the last I passed through Oklahoma City and Boise." he explains. "They were alright for making a living, but not for settling. I...Your Grace, Your domain and the way you run things...is the best I've seen. I hope to stay here, in Your Domain, Your Grace." he says. "I hope I can find a place where I fit in Your Domain, and contribute. As for what I can do...I can use Claws in a fight, and shoot and drive and such. I make my living training difficult horses and sometimes other critters under the name of Clayton Jordan Carter. I'm a student of the nature of beasts, you could say."

He pauses becoming completely still in thought. After a minute, he says, "I'd say my ultimate goal, is to work out a more satisfactory arrangement with the beast in me, learn to train it the way I train regular critters. I have maybe been a might slower than I could have been building up the beast's power, cause I'm wanting more power over me, not so much other people. That's a long way off, but...I think this would be the place I could maybe do it." he explains carefully.

To Lina Moretti he nods and says, gratefully, "Sheriff Moretti, your offer of lessons is real generous and appreciated. I am grateful to you, and I aim to learn anything you have a mind to teach me. I will be sure to see you later, as you say, for any instructions and Dragon business, definitely. Thank you."

To Vivian York Dirt Nap pays full attention and listens intently while she speaks and for a full moment after she has finished. "I thank you very much for your very practical advice, Seneschal York. I confess, I was thinking about dropping a certain word or two completely, never saying 'em again atall. Your way is better." he concedes, venturing a cautious smile to her in return.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled sweetly at Dirt Nap. "You are very wise to listen to the advice of these women. I would like to include Harpy Simmons into the mix of who will help steer you in the correct direction with proper etiquette. I dare say I have so much to learn and am grateful for them all also."

Mable gave a respectful nod to the group gathered here in general. "It is my belief that we all can always learn from each other and everyone has value."

Turning back to Dirt Nap, "I know you meant the 'my Prince' as a term of respect, of accepting the prince as being your leader. But it can also mean that you feel like you own the Prince, like when you say 'my horse'. That would mean you own the horse." Mable paused, "Anyway, I am sure the others will be able to explain these things better. The Seneschal's advice to listen to how other's introduce themselves or how other's are addressed will help with navigating the waters of court."

Mable quietly hoped she didn't inadvertently piss anyone off because sometimes she didn't really get what pissed people off.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow was raised at Lina, then a smile.

“Certainly wise words.”
    And normally, Trivial would work. But this was the third time….THIRD time, someone felt it ok to use that phrase with her. And she was not about to appear weak.

Though the execution should have quashed any doubt of her strength. But there would always be the stupid ones to test it.

He talks a lot, she thinks, following along with his words. And uses Your Grace a lot.

“Our Claws are very valuable in a fight, having been on the giving and receiving end before, there is no second guessing that.” Hell no. That had been a bitch to heal. Looked cool, but made Kine interaction near to impossible. “Ah, guns! Tell me, are you a good shot? Guns hold a special place in my dead heart.” She didn’t wear them in Court, but they were always clean and ready to go.

A nod, “Good luck with that, training your Beast.” She meant it, but wasn’t sure how one would do that. To her it was an annoying roommate who was loud, big, always wanting to pick a fight and never left the house.

A smile was offered to Mable, “That’s right. It can also be a form of issuing a challenge, a way of questioning my strength.” A coy smile. “But like I said, as you’re not Invictus, I wasn’t as offended as I could have been, a simple mistake.” And not one she expected him to make again.

“But it sounds like you have big plans, I like that.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens to everything Mable Wood says and nods, then he says, "Thank you, Priscus Wood. I will remember, 'harpy Simmons'. I appreciate it."

He listens intently to Alessandra and is silent a moment when she is done speaking, perhaps weighing whether it is a dismissal on an upbeat note. "I am just passable with a gun, Your Grace. I'm not much for pistols. I use a rifle when it's called for, and up close, I'm more of a hands on person."

"Thank you, Your Grace." he says at her apparent forgiveness of his sin, and her commendation of his lofty goals too.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti nodded to the eager Gangrel's thanks as acknowledgement, but she didn't feel the need to fill the air with unnecessary words and platitudes. Nap had that covered. And yet, he had mentioned a skill set that was solid. Useful. Was he prepared for the life he was signing up for by presenting himself as a warrior?

She would find out. There was time.

"We'll meet up soon enough."

She produced a card. Simple, but direct. Lina Moretti, PI. Discreet and accurate investigations. A phone number.

"Call me this week. We'll set it up."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread