(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Moving off to the side of the group, she turns to Hugh.

“It’s great to see another Cousin in the Domain. For some time it’s been just Priscus Wood and I.” the Italian says with a nod.

“And I promise not to keep you too long, but I wanted to get to know you a little better. Also to see if you had any questions for me.” She was a fairly open Kindred. About certain things anyways.

“So tell me, where are you from?”
    start small.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach, unlimited sink liked this post
    H
    Hugh Keeping

It’s only after they’ve separated themselves from the rest of the court that Hugh realizes just how beautiful Alessandra actually is. It strikes him as perverse, that the eye should be so drawn to someone who is well within her rights to kill for a wayward look.

There are so many ways that this encounter could end in Final Death for him that Hugh has to try his best to simply have a conversation with the woman in front of him, Alessandra Antinori. A fellow Savage. Humbly, of course, but also honestly; station be damned. To speak with Her Majesty, the Prince, would only result in paralysis and awkwardness. And the one-eyed man cannot afford either of these things at this very delicate and dangerous moment.

“Well, it’s good to know I’ve made you happy,” Hugh replies, sincerely. A little mystified. Truly, to be told by the head of the Domain that his arrival is a ‘great’ thing is a first for the one-eyed Savage. “I have to admit, I’ve never been welcomed this way by the Prince of a city before.” He gives her a tentative smile. “Like I said, it’s an honor.” And fucking horrifying.

His smile turns a little mischievous at her assurance that she won’t detain him. “The way I see it Your Grace, you can keep me as long as you need me. I'm on your time and your ground. Ask me anything. I'm an open book.” It’s the truth. Short of admitting something that might get him ashed.

“As for me, Priscus Wood answered all of my questions concerning your laws. And I should let you know that I plan to abide by them.” As if he has a choice. He pauses, seeming to consider saying something further on this point, but doesn’t. Maybe he’ll come back to it.

“Well, that depends, Your Grace. Are you asking where I’m coming from just now? Or where I started?” Despite his anxiety concerning this interview, Hugh comes off as good-natured as ever. His questions are not sarcastic or pedantic, just an attempt—with a touch of humor—at clarifying what the Prince desires of him.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“It’s about having Family, and we’ve been lacking in that regard as other Families have flourished.” But Gangrels weren’t known for settling down often.

It did seem like she did things differently, from what she’s heard. “I like to know who resides in the Domain. What they’re like and if they’re someone I can depend on should the Domain need to be defended.” And she can’t do that if she doesn’t get out and meet people.

“While that might be true, I’m sure you’ll be eager to meet others in the Domain as well. Build alliances and whatnot.” Which was fine with her, alliances were important to survival.

A nod. Always good to know. The pause was caught, but Hugh seemed to go on to something else.

Peculiar, but whatever.

“How about both. I know out Family is known to travel quite extensively, and I always like hearing about places I have yet to visit. I’m also curious as to what brings you to our city.” There was no edge or judgement in her voice, she was just curious.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    H
    Hugh Keeping

"We come and we go, don't we?" Hugh asks, his tone somewhere between resigned and amused. "But I like to think one of us is worth two of whoever else." It's kind of a joke. Not really though. Every Stiff is a monster, but at least most Savages are down to earth, straightforward. Hugh likes that about his Blood. No bullshit.

"Well, here I am Your Grace. Hugh Keeping, a little while dead and, hopefully, a little less stupid." He offers the Prince a self-deprecating smile. "I'd like to think you can depend on me. I'll do what I can to earn my keep. Promise you that." So long as it isn't too fucked up or monstrous.

Alliances? Of course, she's right. He should be playing meet and greet, making deals. But when the Prince asks for a one-on-one? You put all that on hold. "Plenty of time for grip and grin, Your Grace. I figure it's best to make myself available to you." After all, none of them count if you decide you want me gone.

How about both? Hugh can do that.

"I'm from Massachusetts originally. Central Mass to be exact." Would that matter to anyone? He can't help but specify. "Left there what seems like a long time ago, though." And for good reason. "Made it as far as Detroit before moving across the border into Canada. From there it was a lot of empty roads with little-big towns in between," he shakes his head ruefully, though there had been good times as well. "Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary. Real backwoods stuff, in the end." He chuckles, "If you want to see some of our more interesting cousins, Your Grace? Head up to the Great White North. Hang out with some Moose Suckers."

"Ended up in Vancouver for a few years before taking a West Coast tour back down into the States." Loneliness on his heels.

"And here I am. Dog and I rolled into town a month ago, like I said. Mable," he blinks, "excuse me: Priscus Wood met with us shortly thereafter." Realizing he hadn't told her about Dog: "Dog's my dog, in case you were wondering." Don't need the Prince thinking he'd brought an Undead partner in crime along with him.

"Tell you the truth, we stopped here because we've been alone for a long time." Too long. "And I've never been that interested in making friends among the..." Stiffs "...Kindred." He gives a tired looking shrug. "Seems like I'm about ready. To try, you know? Find myself a place. Do something productive with all this time." Before I go crazy, go sunbathing. Or both.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod, “That we do.” They loved to be on the move. Then a smirk, “Isn’t that the truth.” She says with amusement and a nod of her head. No one could deny how useful a Gangrel was.

“There is quite a bit going on right now, and if you wanted to help, I can direct you to the one leading the charge. But there is always more than one way to earn your keep, I just ask you keep your nose clean and out of trouble.” She had enough with trouble Kindred for a while.

A brief smile, “Time is something we do have a lot of. Though the nights do seem to get away from me sometimes. Always something to do and someone to talk to.” The smile returned. She enjoyed meeting new people, but the nights never seemed to have enough time in them to do it all.

East coast.

“Can’t say I’ve been there, though it’s interesting to know where everyone’s from. We have quite a mix here.” An easy smile. “Oh? Canada? You should talk with Seneschal York at some point, she’s spent some time there as well.” The Daeva was always a delight to talk with. A confused look, “Moose Suckers?” her accent thoroughly butchered the words. “It’s an intriguing name though.” She did sound curious.

So he has a dog. Funny how she was in the process of investing in her own. How would that work exactly?

“About a month ago? Have you been able to find a place to stay?” was always good to know. She didn’t have much to offer, but she had warehouses that could be used if need be.

A solemn nod, “I get that, found myself in a similar spot when I settled here. Was alone for so long I forgot what it was like to have others around me. But, like you said, you have to be ready.” She’d always been a loner. “Well, I think you’ll find some good Kindred here.” They had their ups and downs, like most Domains, but it stayed fairly stable.

“You mention doing something productive. Is there something you’re skilled at?”

8. Likes Ruach, unlimited sink liked this post
    H
    Hugh Keeping

Hugh nods, looking serious: "Understood, Your Grace. Point me in their direction and I'll inquire after what I can do." More than one way? Well, Hugh is used to that. Piece-work is the name of the game. "Where I'm from, we work how and when we can. Nothing new to me."

The harvest over, the leaf hunters and tourists gone, Atha and Grace would head into neighboring towns with wealthier populations to offer their services cleaning their well-appointed homes. Hugh would make house calls to work on broken-down tractors, cars that wouldn't turn over. Anything to survive.

Yes, that makes sense: Alessandra must be busy indeed. Hugh's never quite felt empathy for a Prince as he does at this moment. It shows clear as day on his lined face. "I imagine you've got more than enough irons in the fire, given your position. If you need my help, I'm always around. Or if you just want to get out of the office." Sometimes a Savage just needs to get wild in the night, Hugh knows this.

He laughs, the sound is low and warm. Pleasant: "Well, Moose Suckers is kind of my pet name for them. Not sure they'd like it. Wouldn't say it to their faces if I didn't want to wear my guts, you know?"

She inquires after his Haven and Hugh cautions himself against revealing too much here. No need to let folks know where he and Dog make camp. "Thanks for asking, Your Grace. We're settled. Got a little place, nothing fancy. It's largely for Dog anyway. I can sleep anywhere." Like most of their cousins.

"Thought you might understand," he replies when she speaks on her own lonelier times. "Seems like a theme with our Family." Hugh seems pensive for a moment. "Builds character, though. At least in my opinion."

When Alessandra asks after skills, Hugh hears her inquiring after his trade. Just the way he came up. "Well, in brighter days I worked on cars, tractors, anything with wheels really. Still do that for scratch when I need to. Could see starting something up along those lines here." Usually, these nights, he works for the...shadier elements. They don't ask questions about having to bring their vehicles by at night. "I'm pretty good with my hands like that. And I'm OK in a scrap too, if that's needed." Can't hurt to make that plain, defense work is always needed in a Domain, and he's learned a little about defending himself on the road.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “Its been a lot more time consuming than I had expected. And thank you for the offer, I could do with a night out of the office. So expect a call.” A small smile. Sometimes Family knew just what you needed.

“Oh, well, I’ll keep that in mind then.” She replies with a chuckle. “Quite content with my guts where they are.” As dead as they might be.

“Good to hear, can’t have Family without a place to stay.” Maybe she should invest in more real estate? Make a little extra money.

“It is a theme, and I have yet to meet a Cousin who didn’t feel that way.” Was it a Clan thing? Did other Clans feel it? “It kind of does, doesn’t it, and it’s an opinion I share. Teaches us how to survive and depend on ourselves and our own strengths. Some are too dependent on others to survive sometimes.” Learning to survive on your own was important in their world.

She nods as she listens, “Can’t say I’ve ever been mechanically inclined myself, paid a pretty penny to have my car brought back to life. But it’s one hell of a skill to have.” And he could fight, which would be helpful. “Maybe the Family can get together and spar a bit, that’s always a good time.” Would be good to see what he could do.

"Do you belong to any Covenant?”

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    H
    Hugh Keeping

A night out with the Prince? What could go wrong? “Anytime, Your Grace. Just let me know,” Hugh replies, hoping he hasn’t bitten off more than he can chew. He’s not sure what Alessandra might consider an entertaining evening. And honestly, he’s a little nervous. You never know what another Stiff, especially one of her power and station, might consider ‘fun.’ Still, he made the offer in good faith and plans to honor it. And there are certain benefits, being the one the Prince calls to blow off steam. Despite his altruistic nature, Hugh is not unaware of the positives here.

Hugh listens to Alessandra, laughing at her preference concerning her guts. “Yeah, that’s the best possible outcome,” he adds in jest.

The Prince has need of occasional automobile repair? Well look no further: “Next time you need something fixed. Call me. I’ll see if I can handle it for you. Free of charge, of course.” A pause, “And I’d be happy to spar with you. Just promise you won’t embarrass me too badly,” he says with a grin. Hugh has no doubt the Prince could turn him inside out if she wanted to.

Finally, the question of covenant. Mable’s made Hugh aware of Alessandra’s own affiliations. She’d also insisted that the Prince is not a hardliner when it comes to membership. Still, the one-eyed man is a bit uncomfortable on this ground. Nothing to do but be honest, though: “I’m not a member of any covenant. Haven’t really felt the need. And nothing’s appealed to me just yet.” Truth be told, no one has aggressively tried to recruit him. What would such organizations want with him? “Priscus Wood let me know you’re a member of the Invictus, is that correct?” Hugh’s curious to hear her speak on it. From his understanding, their Family isn’t a big presence within that particular club.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile, “That’s very generous of you, but I’d insist on paying you. Do you have experience with classic cars?” hers could be a classic car depending on who you asked. She simply liked how it looked and drove.

Laughing, “Oh, something tells me you can hold your own.” As was the way with Savages. They could fight with the best of them.

Nodding, “Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it takes some time to find one that you really connect with.” Not fault there. “I am. Though most of my Danse had been spent unaligned, I’ve only recently joined the Invictus. So I understand taking your time with joining a Covenant.” There was no judgement in her voice.

Glancing around the room briefly, she realized she should make her announcement and unveil the art while the night was relatively young.

“I hate to cut our talk short, but I need to make a couple announcements. I did enjoy talking with you, and look forward to getting to know you better and sparring.” sparring with another Savage was great, "I see Priscus Wood is speaking with Seneschal York." she says, "But if you'll please excuse me, enjoy the rest of your evening."

14. Likes unlimited sink, Ruach liked this post
    H
    Hugh Keeping

Her smile is returned, "Well, we can discuss when the work gets done, how about that?" He's not going to argue about payment with the Prince of Sacramento. She'll do what she wants. And he'll accept what she offers.

"And I do have some experience, Your Grace. But even if I didn't, in the end they all break down in the same ways and they all get fixed in the same ways." At least that's how he feels. He's got the benefit of a natural aptitude for this kind of stuff though. It just always made sense to Hugh.

When she excuses herself, Hugh offers her another bow. This time feeling slightly less anxious. "The pleasure's been all mine, Your Grace. Thank you for your time. If you need me, all you have to do is call."

Once Alessandra has made her departure, Hugh will stand alone for a moment. Collecting himself. His one eye sweeping the room.

He has survived his first encounter with the Prince of Sacramento.

What now? Back to the Danse, of course.

Closed Thread