Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The stone steps up to Edna's are draped in Autumn leaves. Following the assembled Queens, the newest Sovereign allows the queens to choose when to halt, Either on the steps or all the way up to the House before speaking, his expression almost sombre.

"My Sovereigns. Just before we begin, might I say what a delight it is to join you. I know I have not been here all that long, but I already feel very much at home."
    He looks at Ingrid, Circe, and Sasha in turn. "I know my Court has had a somewhat... turbulent resurgence through the Summer months, but I think we have come to an arrangement that suites us all." The Flowering smiles, that charming grin resurfacing. "And hopefully, one that you all find satisfactory as well."

"Now. To business, I suppose. Lady Sasha. You had questions, I believe, regarding the Hollow?"

Sasha Ingrid Circe
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes Ruach, Origins liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Onyx moved with the rest of the group to the more private area. Currently, the collection of Sovereigns was supreme in her opinion. They may all potentially get along for the good of the Freehold. This brought a wonderful smile to her face.

Her violet eyes turned to Rhodes. "I had a hunch when I first met you that you would quickly find your footing here. However, it is with great and wonderful surprise that you are the Leaden Sovereign."

"Yes, I know it has been long overdue and I am very pleased that it is on the forefront of the Freehold agenda. We keep speaking of tunnels. Can you refresh me on the reason for tunnels and an underground Hollow, if you would please?" The Fairest didn't outright speak about her dislike for them, but wanted to know the true reason for something underground. Considering she saw the past one and frequented it, perhaps there was a good reason for it.

If the Dancer gave off any body language, it was that of uneasiness. She did not fidget or move in any such way, but the aura of it was certainly present.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe leaned back at the waist with her left hand on her hip as she gave a smarmy grin, "Ya are welcome aboard Rhodes," while shooting him a right handed salute. "Ain't like mine was any better," the annoyance in her tone wasn't directed at anyone. "One question though. The stuff we've been eatin'? It ain't gonna make me see shit that ain't there or otherwise make it a bad idea fer me ta hold a gun, is it?"

Her head darts back and forth between the other two Queens, "And its a good question. All of ya know I'm constantly armed."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Xadun, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid moved over to join them.

"There are some prohibition era tunnels beneath Funderland. I believe the idea which has been spoken of is to utilise the tunnels as a base for a Hollow. A big one. A proper Freehold Hollow. I know for a fact that there is at least one Hedge Gate down there we can use. Some of our people driven off some privateers who had set up in the Hedge next to the Gate."

She paused, glancing across at the others.

"From what I keep hearing, there is some hope we can clean out a portion of the tunnels as a safe house and then expand through the Hedge Gate. You know, tame the Hedge and build a mighty Hollow worthy of a Freehold. A proper Freehold - not one holding out in a little fun park with barely a dime to its name and no idea what is really going on. Out There. So to speak."

"Once we get the base space worked out we can start linking in other sites, such as the Spring Tavern. Once we get multiple Gates operating, we won't even need to rock up here any more. Which would mean much better security, right? For everyone."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

7. Likes Xadun, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes listens to the Queens, but replies to Circe first. "I can't guarantee that. I've had some pretty interesting visions myself from the wine. Might be best to leave the gun to one side."

The concern Sasha has is valid. The newest Sovereign waves a hand to Ingrid. "I can see you have concerns, Lady Sasha. I'm not too fond of the tunnels myself, but the pros outweigh the cons. It builds on where we are already, here in Funderland. The entrance on this side is well hidden. Once the Hallow is set up, the doors will allow us to access it from anywhere just as Lady Ingrid says. The we can ignore the tunnels entirely. Avoid a central gathering on the material side."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeeeeah," Circe didn't like the flora around the Green side of the tunnels, "Well done there'd need some patchin' and a sump pump at least. Ain't much point in usin' the tunnels if ya need a scuba tank ta get back and forth. Unless yer bein' REALLY serious about security. Maybe some gates and sewage warnin' signs just in case any mundies sneak in. Aaaand the Thorns have one other thing ta consider."

"We killed some of the cannibals that is true,"
    Circe nodded, "but they harvested victims of a Hedge vine. Ya know how some plants eat people?" The elf grimaced, "Accordin' ta what I learned from the cannibals the vines strangled people and then let the rottin' corpse fed 'em," she let that image sink in for the others. "Reminds me of stories about brain eatin' drop bears. Ain't the Hedge grand? If we're gonna make the Commons down there, it'll need one of two things. Lots of elbow grease ta keep the vines back is option one," she holds up her left hand with the index finger up. Circe takes a sip of her water.

A blue middle finger then goes up, "Option two is ta use some cocktails on the veggies. Ya ever heard of the Molotov recipe? Call me lazy but I think that'd beat tryin' ta kill all the vines by hand," Circe perks up, "We can even bring marshmallows, oh ho ho ho ho!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Sasha

Sasha hadn't tasted the food or drank anything. It was rare she did it at any event, so it hopefully didn't seem odd to anyone that there was no food or drink in her hands for the duration of the Coronation. The Fairest listened to all the options and reasons. She still didn't want to have them all down there at one time. Which means, something needed to be said. "I think that until we have many outlets and escape routes, we should perhaps not hold any entire Freehold events. I would have for us to all be trapped down there in case something happens."

She was an Onyx, which was nearly as if she was some Wintery Girl Scout. They were prepared and forward thinking. Some may think paranoid, but unless someone was going to outright ask why it was a problem, she would wait to offer the information. At least, not while the rest of the Freehold could hear what she was thinking. Yet, from how Ingrid described it, they wanted to be hidden from society and the city. That part was not in their best interest. Avoiding humans could be costly to them as a whole.

The Dancer was still very skeptical, it shown on her face. A slow shoulder roll moved through her and she spoke with percipience. "If this is what the majority seems to wish, then it's understandable to go forward." She nodded, her face pleasant and chipper but her violet eyes had softened with worry.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid's head bobbed.

"I believe there was some talk of making the Freehold Commons out of a series of interconnected Hollows as well. So we could cut things off with Gates and so forth if things started getting out of hand."

Her eyes were straying back to the table of mysterious delights.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"You'd be amazed how ameinable the Hedge can be to a firm hand," Rhodes says wryly to Circe. "We can forge the throrns back as we expand the space, with walls, or anything we choose. It's a very flexible place. But I wouldn't want to spoil your fun, so if you want to clear the space with your own special recipie, please, go right ahead."

He watches Sasha, trying to measure her reactions. "Something is clearly bothering you , Lady Sasha. I can understand some reluctance, not wanting anyone in the Freehold to be put at risk of being caught in one location. This is not some thrown-together ideal, I assure you. I myself want to ensure firm wards are in place, the moment sucha place begins to form." There was no point hammering that point home. They all knew what was implied. "The more people offer assistance to build, the more options, including escape tunnels, we have the option to create. Plus, it allows us a safe space, where events like this," he gestures around to feast behind him, "to take place without the risk of scruitiny."

The Flowering man smiles gently to the Winter Soveriegn. "Please. If you have concerns, they should be addressed."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So Sasha, yer worried about it bein' like a fire trap? And I'm worried about swimmin' through sewage," Circe nodded before she laughed, "What cheerful concerns we have. Just ta make sure its clear, are ya worryin' about the mundane side tunnels? Or are ya talkin' about escape routes inta the Hedge? Cause I am serious about not havin' ta go through brackish water every time we hold a meetin'." That and having water damage the structures beneath Funderland was a accident waiting to happen.

"Nothin' says we can't do both Ingrid."

As for Rhodes' reassurances that got a shrug from the elf, "Juju side o' things ain't my specialty Rhodes. I always preferred more mundane solutions. 'sats why I suggested Mr Molotov's favorite cocktail ta kill the weeds," she takes a drink of water. Eyes darted off to the side, "Left messin' with the Thorns ta others," her eyes move back and she forces on a cheerful smile, "So my objection is the old tunnels ain't sound yet."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread