Watch

Tools of the craft

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at the astonishingly beautiful, striking woman as he notices her reaction. He smiles again at the blue haired woman's infectious...friendliness.

When Titania waves and addresses the woman who had spoken to him, he takes it as an extended social interaction, and steps closer to Titania and Emily without turning his back on Nana or Penance. There is a fluid confidence in his movements, like a trained athlete.

"Hi. I'm Case." Kaze says, "Did you come for a particular exhibit?" he asks both the women casually. He looks at Penance and Nana, "We were just discussing a mutual interest in the Asian Medicine exhibit."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

N
    Nana

Nana nodded to Penance, glad to have the Ogre join her. Not just for a sense of safety, but in getting to know the newest Autumn better. “Conflict is inevitable, but I think it tells us so much more about where we ended up than any whitewashing of matters can do. The exhibit is small, better than nothing, but I’m not expecting an in-depth examination.” She said with a hint of sneer. Her Wizened spite reared most noticeably when it came to less than thorough research.

She turned her head from the jarred samples as the captivating young woman of Blackbird slipped by, her own lips pursing in avoiding the open smirk at the sarcastic line. Her attention was pulled back to Kaze as he shared his experience and history. “Interesting -- you’re lucky to know so much of your family’s history. Mine had only rumor, when spoken about at all.” The man’s take on the current politics of the situation had her hum in thought. “Yes, I imagine that is probably the case. I can’t say I mind having a set of medical students excel, but the ends don’t justify that sort of selective pressure. I suppose I avoided some of those concerns by choosing a tech and then nursing path. Being so understaffed most places was no small matter in people keeping their opinions on my demographics to themselves, I believe.”
    Titania remembering of Nana’s newest of names had her smile. “Nice to run into you again. I can’t say it’s a surprise that it would be here though. New York’s museums have spoiled me, but this is impressive – for a year round showcase.” Her qualifier punctuated with her looking down the hall of the cramped museum. She glanced to Emily's continued advance now paired with Case's introduction. “Popular as always.” She looked to Penance . “Have you two met? I bumped into her and the Director the other day, they're part of the same gardening club from what I understood.” She added for the Ogress’ benefit given she had joined the outing in part for safety's sake.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird remained separate, but couldn't help but give a side glance to the growing congregation around the stunning woman.

Christ, are these people admirers or wolves looking for a snack? Goddamn.

Hearing Blue's words in response to her own comment, the neonate decided it was the latter, but the blue-haired woman's direct nature remained a source of amusement. Horndog much or just lonely? The thought caused BB's smirk to tug a little wider for just a moment. Then she looked at the rest of the group.

Case, for a long moment, seemed highly interested in the stunner. Hell who wouldn't be? Blackbird just wasn't going to drool over someone she hasn't met formally. Then Case seemed to focus on the Asian woman, through much more tamer methods. And by tamer methods it seemed to be his way to share the story of his education and oppression of his grandfather. That perplexed Blackbird, but she chalked it up to be the man's attempt to build a connection with the woman in question.

For a moment, BB would shift her pale eyes to the stunner in the groups center. She looked her up and down for a moment.

Cute style. And innocent as fuck... Jesus, little bird, now you're sounding thirsty.

Somehow, the neonate knew that her thirst was likely entirely different from those gathered. Her Beast remained docile within the confines of her mind. She was the only Kindred here. For the moment.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    P
    Penance

The smaller Asian looked askance at Case's comments on discrimination and stereotypes. She could actually remember growing up during the tail end of that period, though she was kinda on the wrong side of that war. She'd heard of the Japanese internment camps, but between her home life and being her time outside the normal world... those camps looked downright comfy. And it was probably better than what her home country was doing even to this day.

"I would not fit that stair-ee... ster..." damnit, and he'd just said the dang word too! "I am not too smart too. First of my family to live here. More of a... how you say, muscled-head. I do not even have a degree." She offered a brief smile to Case, showing her teeth to be vaguely pointed. Inwardly, she cursed that she had to be stuck between apparently two professionally educated scholars with not even a diploma for herself. She hoped this wasn't the fun Nana had been talking about, because comparing IQs wasn't her version of fun.

She was a little surprised when Fairest lady out of all of them approached and gave greetings to her fellow courtier. Even stranger with how cordial Nana was with her, though the little hints in the dialogue started giving her clues on their relationship. And of course it only made sense. With beauty such as Titania's, she had a pretty good guess which Seeming lie under her Mask. She fished her right hand out of her pocket and offered it for a shake, at which point the others might notice her nails were long enough to almost look fake and filed into points.

"I do not think we have met, yes? I am Yang Yi Fang. Please call me Fang. Me and Miss Diana are in the same club as well. She wanted to come and she asked if I wanted to too." ...That didn't sound right. She probably could've phrased that better.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Nana, "Oh, wow you came up through the ranks! I learned a little, not enough to be a paramedic, just enough to maybe help someone in an emergency." he chuckles, "Mostly got interested because I spent so much time in rehab from my own injuries."

He nods to Penance, "Much respect. It's really hard being the first. And yeah, I didn't finish a degree either, to be honest. I got to go to school free to play football, and when I got hurt and couldn't do that anymore, I had to leave." he smiles, "It's actually not that big a deal though, at least, there's so many opportunities to just learn whatever we want on our own. Like this museum." he smiles.

Kaze glances around, noticing yet another hottie standing apart from the others. The museum seems to draw as much or more in the way of attractive women as any night club!

"Oh, wow, so you all know each other? Is your club, like about self education? Going out to exhibits like this one?" he asks at all the mutual greetings, and Penance' reference to a club. "I'm in one of those too, sort of informal, all about 'seeking wisdom' for ourselves, our own interests, you know?" he looks around, "I don't see anyone else from my club though."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"E-eleanor", she replies with a bit of hesitation, thus she extends her hand to the blue haired punk.

The Fairest doesn't revel in the attention, and the athlete getting a tad too close just complicates the interaction further, so much that even the solitary blonde on the other side of the room could spot her fidgety. So when Nana offers her a safety anchor, she snags it. "Hello", she says, "I'm glad we could meet again, Ms. Diana".
    Popular? she ponders. "Yes, it seems so", she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes in a half pained expression if just for a moment.

"No, I wasn't expecting anything specific. Rather, the museum is outfitted nicely. I'm Eleanor", she says to the man before turning back to Nana and her companion.
    "The Que..., the Director yes! We share a green thumb", she says, "the power of coincidences".

"Eleanor Tessier, it's a pleasure", she says as she gives the Ogre's hand a delicate shake. Her smooth skin against the ogre's own. At the time, her smile could have powered a small town.

College? She thought. She knew their pain; her Durance had put a premature end to her time at Cambridge, it was a sore spot and more than a half century later it still weighed heavily over her career opportunities.
    "Yes, it's a self improvement club. We share books, arrange field trips, some of us are into gardening", she repaid the man's attention with a polite smile. He seemed so innocent and cute.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily takes the hand and shakes it, her smile faltering slightly but returning as she masks a little disappointment. Absolutely gorgeous, completely innocent... and utterly oblivious. Breaking that shell is far more effort than I need right now. She laughs slightly to herself, looking around at the sudden gathering and the athletic guy and the older woman gather in, quikley followed by an Asian chick. All the ladies seem to know each other... Eleanor seems to not be a fan of crowds... or is she blushing slightly now the guy it here? Either she doesn't know how to handle attention looking like that or looks like my gaydar is on the fritz. Fucking hell.

"Hi!" She says chirpily to the newcomers. The Ithaeur allows her roaming eyes to linger over the toned athletic Case, and gives him a coy smile. "Cool nails," she adds to "Fang", pulling her arms around her. The sudden flurry of people seems to have cooled her mojo. "Well. I'll, uh, let you guys enjoy the brains." Emily sidles out the way of the exhibit, checking out "Case" and "Eleanor" as she wanders past, though it's hard to see much beneath the jackets. Damned autumn chills.

She roves genially over the exhibits and comes to a stop by the other alluring chick that had wandered in and mocked her approach. "Okay, so super direct kinda struck out. Or just went waaaay over her head. Least I tried." She lowers her voice. "I might have missed the mark a little." There's a tired smile. "I guess I'm just not in the mood for crowds." A nod to the growing gathering in orbit around the innocent Eleanor. "Kinda creepy, aren't they?" She follows vampire's gaze to the foetal exhibits. I mean, seen worse. But still creepy.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    N
    Nana

Nana tilted her head hearing Penance downplay her own intelligence, but she didn't pry before looking to Case with his compliments to her lost, legitimate anyway, medical career. “Every bit can make a difference. An injury, especially, does put things into perspective.”

Titania’s unease and timid reaction to the confident blue haired woman amused Nana in a way she knew she should be ashamed of. She didn’t downplay her smile in returning the greeting though. “I am too, Eleanor.” The Fairest’s impeccable manners were charming, if cheerier than Nana was accustomed to. Was her Durance so formal or did she lose time too? The brief, pained smile had Nana chuckle with only light sympathy. “A curse, some say.”

She stepped back as introductions were made, Titania having done much of that work for herself and she wasn't jumping to elaborate when there was always the chance people would only forget. A smirk of a smile was still there with Emily’s chirped greeting. She nodded, returning the bright greeting. “Hello.” She watched her walk to the other woman just observing. Bounces back quick. She returned her attention to the gathering around Titania and the cover of their acquaintance with one another. “Indeed, just like this trip. I didn’t move here all that long before Fang. I wanted to do a little exploration and was lucky she was willing to indulge my interests.” She hiked up her tote and gestured down the hall. “The surgery collection seemed promising as well. Did your research ever take you into the operating room, Eleanor?”

The athletic man’s mention of his own club peaked her interest, given what she truly meant by it. “Wisdom is a noble goal. The sort of thing you can’t have too much of. Any choice lessons you’ve learned so far -- or is that members only privilege?” If it was more a cult than club, she did always enjoy hearing out a hard sell for virtue.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird's smirk tugged again as he heard Emily begin her approach, catching her in the periphery of her vision as well.

Hello, little kine. Hungry? Or... something else?

Blackbird pushed the thought aside for a moment as she listened to Blue talk about her defeat. The smirk never left as BB's pale eyes, contrasted as they were by her dark makeup, began to search Emily's features and, briefly look her over. Tilting her head at the punk's tired expression, the grungy neonate finally spoke. "Probably over her head, Blue," she offered, her tone almost friendly. Then the neonate dipped in closer, hovering her form inches from the woman as she leaned in her head, dropping her tone to a whisper to grant them greater privacy,"You could have been more direct though. Sometimes a girl likes to be pulled in. Sometimes literally..." Blackbird would smile, pausing for effect before continuing as she slinked away slightly. She was still standing close, though not close enough for discomfort.

"At least that's my experience... takes out the guesswork," the neonate teased her voice returning to a normal tone, giving Emily a final mirthful glance.

Invitation or friendly advice? She'd leave that for Blue to decide. Maybe it went over her head.

Returning to her observation of the preserved fetuses before her, Blackbird remained amused by her sarcastic thought. She would, however, nod in response to her newest companion's words, "Yeah, its pretty morbid, but, shit, it's interesting, you know?" Her words were truthful, if a bit hollow. She was waiting for Blue's reaction. The other group was left to there own devices however. Blackbird had the attention of the one she wanted, whether the potential existed for fun, friendship, or feeding depended on the night ahead of them and, naturally, Emily's own interest.

If I remember correctly, listening in on whispering means succeeding on a Perception roll with a -3 penalty. Please bear this in mind if you intend to attempt to listen to the bit that BB is whispering to Emily (defined by the lower font)

13. Likes Xadun, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Uh." Kaze falters for a second in the face of Titania's attention and even her slight smile. "Oh, right. Yeah...gardening, huh?" he gathers his thoughts, smiling and nodding in Titania's general direction. "I haven't ever tried it, but yeah, I remember seeing something about a California Native Plant um, 'Demonstration' garden that I thought I might check out. I'm new to the city, and still doing a little bit of the tourist thing, I guess. It's supposed to be in an historic, old town Sacramento or something, in the graveyard, actually. Weird, huh." he muses.

Kaze takes Nana's comment about 'every bit' helping as encouragement, and smiles appreciatively. At her question, he says thoughtfully, "You know, it's...interesting. Even when everyone wants Wisdom, in my club, we all kind of all do our own thing, have our own opinion on what really is Wisdom, and the best way to get it." he chuckles, "I don't know if any tips from me will be useful; I am very much a student not a Master, but...there are two things I have been thinking about a lot, working on really, living out lately, the first is an old quote, 'The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.’" he says by rote memorization. Kaze adds, "The other thing is something a teacher said to me, 'We learn by doing'." he says thoughtfully. "So, I have been looking around for volunteer opportunities. That's how I found this museum online, but they seem to need money donors, or doctors to volunteer, and that's not really something I can help with right now."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread